Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,132 members, 7,849,548 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:08 AM

Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government (20021 Views)

Update From Ongoing Ekwulobia Flyover By Anambra Government (Pictures, Video) / Suspected Killers Of Dr. Chike Akunyili Arrested By Anambra Police / Thousands Of Tricycle Operators Hold Rally In Support Of Buhari In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by Angelfrost(m): 10:18am On Sep 23, 2022
RepoMan007:
Will this huge tax exempt them from the ills of the society affecting their business like police extortions, hoodlum harassments, fake spare parts, bad roads, robberies and more?
If govt was working towards a better society it would have made sense to empower the govt financially but they are just after a quick substitute for dwindling allocations.

Are you saying Charles Soludo is not working towards a better Anambra state?!!

If the answer is YES, then how is he supposed to pull it off without revenue?!!

1 Like

Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by adioolayi(m): 10:19am On Sep 23, 2022
If na Lagos now...na shouts of MC Oluomo and Tinubu go rent the air grin cheesy grin cheesy

Difficult economic realities...all State Governments are widening their tax nets

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by Walz001: 10:20am On Sep 23, 2022
Government kill its people by itself ..... why not reduce the amount paid to assembly and representative to generate more income

Why not build factory for production to make more income in sales to toger state and country

Why not invite private sector to do more of structurre and get toll for some years

Why why why

1 Like

Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by EMPEROROFDONBAS(m): 10:21am On Sep 23, 2022
Angelfrost:
The average Nigerian hates the word "Tax", yet we demand a better flourishing society!

Instead of these complaints and protests, your leaders should meet with the government, dialogue and reach a proper fee!

There is no developed nation where working citizens dodge or escape taxation! None!

The same government that signed a waiver of about 16...trillion naira on companies with huge tax fraud..

Guy calm down
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by EMPEROROFDONBAS(m): 10:22am On Sep 23, 2022
adioolayi:
If na Lagos now...na shouts of MC Oluomo and Tinubu go rent the air grin cheesy grin cheesy

Difficult economic realities...all State Governments are widening their tax nets

Widening their tax net, under a dying economy.. Sorry for u
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by duro4chang(m): 10:22am On Sep 23, 2022
frog12:
na SOLUDO work be dis ??
Where will he get money to work?

4 Likes

Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by Angelfrost(m): 10:23am On Sep 23, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

Nigerians want a country where the government will be digging money from the ground to better masses life... Where is it done ... It's collected from the people either citizens or foreigners and from resources to build ... Even offices no dey wan pay but their CEO dey carry money Bleep small girls ... A lot sef

The irony is that these same people don't mind paying Tithes, Special offerings, and others to churches!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by tayor3(m): 10:23am On Sep 23, 2022
Timoleon:
Nigerians are just terrible people and I just laugh and ignore people who are unnecessarily optimistic about the future of this country. Soludo has eased the burden of these commercial drivers by sending away motorpark touts that taxed them heavily without remitting to the state. Whereas these greedy tricyclists pay as much as 2000 - 5000 daily to touts before which would sum to 60000-150000 monthly before now, they are now throwing protests at a government that reduced it to15000.

Let’s continue deceiving ourselves that we want development.
God bless you sir, I just don't understand the way majorities of Nigerian thinks. The government that initiate this is trying to help them to wipe out the tout on the street extorting them daily, but because they are paying the money daily they don't see it as anything,at the end of the month if calculated which will be higher than the amount the government is asking for . If Lagos have come up with this back then... Lagos would have been better than what it is today. People want to keep doing the same thing but expect different results.

2 Likes

Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by Nnannapat(m): 10:24am On Sep 23, 2022
PlayerMeji:
If it were Lagos now, some butchers would have brought out their knives to butcher Asiwaju but truth is Tax is the easiest route for government to generate revenue...

Though, the amount charged by Anambra state on Keke Napep is too ridiculous... Maybe another way to weed them and reduce their numbers but it would have implications on the masses who will be made to pay the taxes indirectly!
Bro, in Lagos, this same Keke operators pay up to 3000 naira daily to different touts, ask the keke riders. Nobody is against payment of taxes and dues, but the method should be orderly and transparent. Anambra is trying to organise it's park management so that the state will benefit from the massive revenue from that sector. Most of these protesting Keke riders do pay up to 1000 naira daily when touts do operate in Anambra parks,now that touting is banned in Anambra the government slashed the amount to around 500 naira daily. All they need is some sensitization and they will understand that touting in parks is gone for good in Anambra and that the government plan is more favourable to them and the society.

2 Likes

Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by BrickDevo: 10:25am On Sep 23, 2022
shegz24:

Its funny how your likes twist logic back and forth to suit your agenda.

If Sanwo-Olu does this, the blame will be on Tinubu.
Meanwhile when Sanwo-Olu(or Fashola,Ambode) does something good it has nothing to do with Tinubu but 100% on their own brilliance.

Meanwhile, when Soludo does something you perceive to be bad, or IPOB keep rampaging Anambra state; you isolate him and say it has nothing to do with Obi as he is not the governor anymore.
However, it is all about Obi when any development in Anambra is mentioned.

In the same vein, "Tinubu forced Buhari on us" meanwhile Obi that was literally the running mate of Atiku and still frolics with IBB gets a free pass because "he cant make enemies of every corrupt politician" or "he is just playing politics".

The double standard and hypocrisy is alarming.
what are you saying, I don’t understand
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by Chidywhite: 10:25am On Sep 23, 2022
SE, land of the wicked.

2 Likes

Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by rajiedreez: 10:25am On Sep 23, 2022
Na only Lagos agbero dey for naija
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by Nobody: 10:26am On Sep 23, 2022
This women no get joy
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by Preciousgift90: 10:27am On Sep 23, 2022
Slynation:
Soludo is proving so hard to be a very useless and clueless governor...!! Always striving hard to cause hardship instead of alleviating the pains of the wonderful and good people of Anambra state...

Valentine Ozigbo would have been a better choice but due to APGA's dominance and legacy which is proving to be a hinderance and storming block, because come rain come sunshine, they believe they will emerge victorious, I think it's high time for "APGA...Kor Kpuo"

Modified : It's seems this keke operators doesn't even know they are helping them...This are the same set of people that normally pays average of #50 for every to and fro amounting to over 500 to #800 per day, now bring 15K once which is approximately #500 per month they are carrying placards... cheesy

Nna ehh, but Soludo is still behaving clueless nevertheless, by this time last 8-16years, Obiano and Peter Obi has already completed 3 flyovers and 10 interstate roads each... cheesy but Soludo is still on "we will do this and that" while chasing shadows...

Those Keke drivers did not know they will pay more if the state government should employ agberos like Lagos State where agbero collect a minimum of 3k to each Keke plying the roads, but at the end of the day not every thing will get to the government purse

2 Likes

Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by twilliamx(m): 10:28am On Sep 23, 2022
owobokiri:

Rightly so! Because Lagos used to be the capital of the country and still is the financial capital of the country!
Built by the federal government with Niger Delta oil money, Lagos will continue to be everybodys property as long as Nigeria is one!
If you don't like that, get yourself a brand new republic!!

Please show us the Niger delta money in Lagos today.

2 Likes

Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 10:28am On Sep 23, 2022
Arysexy:

It is not. A trip by Keke at 100naira covers the tax. The rest is theirs.

The Govt harmonized the tax in such a way that no agbero can harass them after the 500 Naira payment.

They didn't harmonize any sh!T. Agbero full everywhere 4 awka. Besides, 15k monthly? E no get as drivers go work 30days in a month. Shuttle/bus/keke fit knock engine at any time, drivers might fall sick/travel yet 15k is a must.

4 dis ASUU strike, some shuttle drivers abandoned their motor @mechanic, go carry another shuttle/keke daily pay/rentals so dey fit see money wey dem go use work dia car.

E no funny trekking from immigration to nkwo amenyi. I don taya yet i neva reach amawbia sef.
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by Fearyourcreator: 10:29am On Sep 23, 2022
Angelfrost:

The irony is that these same people don't mind paying Tithes, Special offerings, and others to churches!
I pay tithe ooo... But our pastor preaches hardwork ... If money no dey I dont pay too...
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by emeraldlife: 10:32am On Sep 23, 2022
Arysexy:

It is not. A trip by Keke at 100naira covers the tax. The rest is theirs.

The Govt harmonized the tax in such a way that no agbero can harass them after the 500 Naira payment.

Commendable but the implementation is what I don't like.
I am a tricycle driver in Awka. I love what Soludo did with the touts thing but did these touts disappear? The answer is No.

For example, Soludo wants a better Awka and he's doing something along the Eke Awka axis. Because of this, he gave these touts uniform as traffic volunteers. Instead of them to do the work for which they were given uniform, they'd turned it to extortion of Keke, shuttle and Bus drivers.

Again, there's no park along the Eke Awka market so you have to move straight after the "Umukwa" Junction to find a safe spot to carry your passengers but these touts will be claiming they have pits there. If you don't give them ₦100, your key will be confiscated and passengers will just look for another Keke.

My anger is that security/ARTMA officials will just look away. Very painful for me.

Back to the taxation. Keke drivers wants to pay albeit on daily basis of ₦500 and not ₦1000 or ₦15000 monthly.

I am using this opportunity to plead with him to peg it at ₦500 daily and find a way to collect the money. A simple way where u can just walk to any POS stand or any government designated centres across the state.

1 Like

Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by tayor3(m): 10:33am On Sep 23, 2022
Timoleon:
Nigerians are just terrible people and I just laugh and ignore people who are unnecessarily optimistic about the future of this country. Soludo has eased the burden of these commercial drivers by sending away motorpark touts that taxed them heavily without remitting to the state. Whereas these greedy tricyclists pay as much as 2000 - 5000 daily to touts before which would sum to 60000-150000 monthly before now, they are now throwing protests at a government that reduced it to15000.

Let’s continue deceiving ourselves that we want development.
not only Nigeria my brother, Africa generally are very terrible people, with the way we reason. That's why we don't develop.
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 10:35am On Sep 23, 2022
People keep repeating dis false information. That d government ban touts/agbero...na audio ban.

Dis agberos dey work on sunday... Dem no dey rest. Stop spreading fake news.

1 Like

Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by Navalsadiq(m): 10:35am On Sep 23, 2022
They should look for better ways to generate money rather than extorting the masses
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by goodman5(m): 10:35am On Sep 23, 2022
This soludo of a man is wicked idiot
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by Ezewuzie01: 10:37am On Sep 23, 2022
Keke drivers want good roads for their business but don't want to pay tax to make it happen. Do they think that Soludo prints money in his house? Those who can't pay should not be allowed to ply the roads, it will free up more customers for the serious ones who pay.

3 Likes

Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by Konjiboii: 10:39am On Sep 23, 2022
This is pure wickedness ,as if the country is not hard enough for everyone. This people are playing with fire, when a dog is pushed to the wall the only outcome is to fight back. Very insensitive of them.
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by Angelfrost(m): 10:40am On Sep 23, 2022
EMPEROROFDONBAS:

The same government that signed a waiver of about 16...trillion naira on companies with huge tax fraud..

Guy calm down

Please, understand that I am not holding brief for the government... However, taxation is inescapable!

Dodging or resisting taxation only further compounds a state or nation's economic woes.

1 Like

Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by DeepSight(m): 10:40am On Sep 23, 2022
Echoban:

See his head like Everybody's property grin Why no claim lokoja, Calabar and Abuja as ur property. Ode

Lanretoye:
Where are the hypocrites?...those ones now will soon relocate to Lagos and still come and constitue nuisance.calabar also was a capital city before lagos,so is calabar also everybody's property?,dunce...oya goan claim Abuja too,I don't know how you feel when u reason like a pig.

Haywhy3579:

Kindergarten talk. How old are u?

FuckOsuPigs:

Olodo rabata. Lagos ceased being Nigeria's capital technically in 1985 and officially in 1991.

Akpu pigs wan claim Lagos. Riffraffs too like beta thing grin

Every Nigerian has a legitimate right to cite Abuja as his or hers being the Federal Capital. Lagos also has a very special status, not just as the financial capital and melting pot of the country, but also as that city which was capital of Nigeria for almost a century, which counts for a lot. The Federal investment in the city in that timeframe as well as the coalescing of its peoples and their activities around it count for a lot. I would go so far as to say it remains the "spiritual" capital of Nigeria where the soul of the nation sits. Lokoja and Calabar never had a comparable length of time, Federal investment, or coalescing of peoples to render proper any claimed equivalence.

Overall, I have to say I don't like discussions like this. What does it profit anyone really? As Nigerians, we have compatriots who are politicians in foreign countries. Why do we hate our own compatriots so much. For me, I hope we arrive at a day when any one from any part of the country can contest and win an election anywhere else, so long as he is truly in touch with the mind and soul of the people involved

1 Like

Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by Angelfrost(m): 10:41am On Sep 23, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

I pay tithe ooo... But our pastor preaches hardwork ... If money no dey I dont pay too...

The Bible is clear on these things...

"Give to Caesar (your government) what is theirs, and God what is His"!
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by FuckOsuPigs: 10:42am On Sep 23, 2022
owobokiri:

Rightly so! Because Lagos used to be the capital of the country and still is the financial capital of the country!
Built by the federal government with Niger Delta oil money, Lagos will continue to be everybodys property as long as Nigeria is one!
If you don't like that, get yourself a brand new republic!!

Olodo rabata. Lagos ceased being Nigeria's capital technically in 1985 and officially in 1991.

Akpu pigs wan claim Lagos. Riffraffs too like beta thing grin

3 Likes

Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by WHITELIGHTER: 10:42am On Sep 23, 2022
isnt that 500naira daily? I dont see whats wrong with that. Or they prefer daily payment?

2 Likes

Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by 35824L: 10:43am On Sep 23, 2022
What is N15,000 to billionaires from gully erosion region? This must be fake news.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by Angelfrost(m): 10:43am On Sep 23, 2022
Slynation:
#1000 to #15000 abi...!! And you expect people to give the government standing ovation!! cheesy

This is why I said there should be room for negotiation and compromise!

Taxation should be based on earning and profitability! It should never be arbitrary!

But, to resist taxation in its entirety will merely slow the wheels of progress!

1 Like

Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by Nnannapat(m): 10:46am On Sep 23, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

Wow!!Are you sure?
So sure bro, I once owned about 4 Keke Maruwa, 2 do ply Dubar junction to Roundabout in Ago Palace way Okota and the other 2 from Cele to Jakande gate in Isolo, I sold them all to save my self from stress. Those poor Keke riders are been heavily exploited on daily basis, they spent nothing less than 4k daily on touts, most times they go back home with as low as 2k as their daily income. Lagos should emulate Anambra and ban touting in parks and garages and collect the dues electronically, the way you pay for LASDRI card or road worthiness and other vehicles docs.

Touts are organised criminals and shouldn't be part of any state revenue generating agencies.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

FG, NLC To Meet Over Fuel Subsidy / Peter Obi With Commonwealth Business Leaders In London (pictures) / PHOTOS: Buhari Arrives Equatorial Guinea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.