Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,159 members, 7,849,591 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:37 AM

Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government (20023 Views)

Update From Ongoing Ekwulobia Flyover By Anambra Government (Pictures, Video) / Suspected Killers Of Dr. Chike Akunyili Arrested By Anambra Police / Thousands Of Tricycle Operators Hold Rally In Support Of Buhari In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by Fearyourcreator: 10:04am On Sep 23, 2022
joey150:
I know in most major parks across the country, commercial operators have to pay a daily fee which is usually at least 500 naira.

If they paid 1k daily before, why does 15k in 30 days irk them so much?

Well, clearly they prefer the daily charge.

The state should revert to that or make it 500 naira daily or 12k monthly.

There you go, problem solved.
It should be daily ... Cus not everyday many will work ...
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by Tareq1105: 10:05am On Sep 23, 2022
nesphil:
Calabar has never been the Capital City of the Country called Nigeria before.
Nigeria came into existence on October 1st 1960, are you telling us that Calabar was Nigeria's capital as at then

Don't mislead yourself and others with twisted piece of skewed history.
Calabar was never Nigeria's capital at any point in time in Nigeria's history.

Calabar and Lokoja were at a time the capital of Nigeria before our independence.
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by Haywhy3579: 10:05am On Sep 23, 2022
owobokiri:

Rightly so! Because Lagos used to be the capital of the country and still is the financial capital of the country!
Built by the federal government with Niger Delta oil money, Lagos will continue to be everybodys property as long as Nigeria is one!
If you don't like that, get yourself a brand new republic!!
Kindergarten talk. How old are u?
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by GamalNasser: 10:07am On Sep 23, 2022
We told y'all Soludo had nothing to offer than Jagabanism

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by azpekuliar: 10:08am On Sep 23, 2022
Lanretoye:
Where are the hypocrites?...those ones now will soon relocate to Lagos and still come and constitue nuisance.calabar also was a capital city before lagos,so is calabar also everybody's property?,dunce...oya goan claim Abuja too,I don't know how you feel when u reason like a pig.

The gentleman is right and there is absolutely nothing that you can do about it. Lagos had a headstart even Calabar did not have. First of all even pre-amalgamation, Lagos was administered as seperate colony from the rest of the Southern protectorate. Calabar ceased to be the capital city in 1906. Lagos became capital city and continued to be so when crude oil was discovered and became the major revenue driver for the entire country. So what is the basis for your comparison with Calabar?
That said I used to have a Yoruba colleague like you. "Lagos is not a no man's land", "We own Lagos" bla bla bla... Eventually she no fit pay her house rent for Lagos Island, she relocated to Abeokuta last year with her kids. Me I still dey here dey use my brain to eke a living, dey pay my tax, dey build. If e pain you come pursue me. If we check am well well sef na one small corner for Aiyetoro-Ekiti you siddon dey blab nonsense.

[edit]
I just checked your profile. I know Plum communications in CV very well and I actually hold them in very high esteem because I have used them before. It is shame that a tribal bigot like you will be associated with such a brand.
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by FreeStuffsNG: 10:09am On Sep 23, 2022
Johnrake69:

Keke drivers pay more than #3000 daily in Lagos.
Wow!!Are you sure?
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by eskuvoisrael(m): 10:09am On Sep 23, 2022
Calaba was the first capital of Nigeria
marvinsync:

calabar was never the capital of Nigeria
so rest
Lagos remains no man's land
even the Oba of Lagos said Lagos isn't Yoruba land you can Google it
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by AsomughaChuks05: 10:09am On Sep 23, 2022
Timoleon:
it’s fine gnorance that’s doing them. The money is usually over 1k a day it’s between 2k to 5k depending on the riders movements.

Yes, it is usually more than 1k the touts used to collect from them. I blame Ebonyi people who do most of the keke work in Anambra because a typicalAnambra man knows maths and would have been hailing Prof Soludo for granting them a big relief.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by ufuosman(m): 10:09am On Sep 23, 2022
Na wa
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by GamalNasser: 10:09am On Sep 23, 2022
joey150:
I know in most major parks across the country, commercial operators have to pay a daily fee which is usually at least 500 naira.

If they paid 1k daily before, why does 15k in 30 days irk them so much?

Well, clearly they prefer the daily charge.

The state should revert to that or make it 500 naira daily or 12k monthly.

There you go, problem solved.

It's a shame you still don't know how this country works ? Who told you after the pay 15k a month the will not still pay the 500 a day to Agbero unions ?you think the govt can protect them from the Agberos?
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by Solsix(m): 10:09am On Sep 23, 2022
Slynation:
Soludo is proving so hard to be a very useless and clueless governor...!! Always striving hard to cause hardship instead of alleviating the pains of the wonderful and good people of Anambra state...

Valentine Ozigbo would have been a better choice but due to APGA's dominance and legacy which is proving to be a hinderance and storming block, because come rain come sunshine, they believe they will emerge victorious, I think it's high time for "APGA...Kor Kpuo"

Modified : It's seems this keke operators doesn't even know they are helping them...This are the same set of people that normally pays average of #50 for every to and fro amounting to over 500 to #800 per day, now bring 15K once which is approximately #500 per month they are carrying placards... cheesy

Nna ehh, but Soludo is still behaving clueless nevertheless, by this time last 8-16years, Obiano and Peter Obi has already completed 3 flyovers and 10 interstate roads each... cheesy but Soludo is still on "we will do this and that" while chasing shadows...
Even though I thought valentine ozigbo would have been a better choice however, soludo is doing great with the available resources at his disposal. On Willie obiano, he inherited a debt free state and a whooping 75billion . Remember insecurity was very severe when soludo took over and had to fight this it. This alone cost Anambraians huge amount of money.

1 Like

Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by georgeakins: 10:10am On Sep 23, 2022
incandescentena:
Lol Mc Oluomo and Tinubu urchinnns live in Anambra

See them o.....they were busy carrying propaganda and cheap lies saying in Lagos Tinubu agberos, Lagos park management aka MC Oluomo are aggressively collecting 500 Naira from Keke Napep operators to support campaigns

Hot Amala about to get served by Governor Soludo grin

The number of Agberos in Onitsha alone is more that the ones you will see in the whole of Ondo and Osun states combined.

2 Likes

Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by EMPEROROFDONBAS(m): 10:10am On Sep 23, 2022
incandescentena:

See them o.....they were busy carrying propaganda and cheap lies saying in Lagos Tinubu agberos, Lagos park management aka MC Oluomo are aggressively collecting 500 Naira from Keke Napep operators to support campaigns, but indeed it was Anambra government who adopted the 500Naira tax collection

Hot Amala served by Governor Soludo grin

Do u know that you ae more than stupid
.. Did they suport soludo on this??..

Try dey get sense ooh
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by AsomughaChuks05: 10:10am On Sep 23, 2022
Youngzedd:

Soludo wants the money to gets to the government and this is why he made it monthly. Accountability is hard if they collect daily.

Monthly payment will favour both the government and transporters. The only issue is, transporters have to pay on days they don't work.

This is it!

1 Like

Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by Nwaotu10(m): 10:10am On Sep 23, 2022
SOLUDO IS A DISASTER grin
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by anjowaka510(m): 10:10am On Sep 23, 2022
Period007:
Tinubu Agberos want to take over the country.
Pls what is your problem with Tinubu? Say it and let help you out, so na Tinubu be Anambra governor too?
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by eskuvoisrael(m): 10:11am On Sep 23, 2022
Calaba was the first capital of Nigeria, before it was moved to Lagos in 1906
marvinsync:

calabar was never the capital of Nigeria
so rest
Lagos remains no man's land
even the Oba of Lagos said Lagos isn't Yoruba land you can Google it
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by jrusky(m): 10:11am On Sep 23, 2022
Soludo pls slow down haba!!! Did keke operators offended you? 15k is damn too much as levy many of them got the keke through loan and they are paying back 15k will be too heavy for them.

Soludo calm down.
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by Haywhy3579: 10:11am On Sep 23, 2022
Slynation:
Soludo is proving so hard to be a very useless and clueless governor...!! Always striving hard to cause hardship instead of alleviating the pains of the wonderful and good people of Anambra state...

Valentine Ozigbo would have been a better choice but due to APGA's dominance and legacy which is proving to be a hinderance and storming block, because come rain come sunshine, they believe they will emerge victorious, I think it's high time for "APGA...Kor Kpuo"

Modified : It's seems this keke operators doesn't even know they are helping them...This are the same set of people that normally pays average of #50 for every to and fro amounting to over 500 to #800 per day, now bring 15K once which is approximately #500 per month they are carrying placards... cheesy

Nna ehh, but Soludo is still behaving clueless nevertheless, by this time last 8-16years, Obiano and Peter Obi has already completed 3 flyovers and 10 interstate roads each... cheesy but Soludo is still on "we will do this and that" while chasing shadows...
U are myopic with ur reasoning. There are times when the tricycle will be faulty for days or the driver is sick and work is not done. Then the government not taking all that into account still want them to pay 15k monthly. They said they simply prefer pay as u go. The government is extorting them not helping them.

2 Likes

Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by Ezmans: 10:13am On Sep 23, 2022
incandescentena:

See them o.....they were busy carrying propaganda and cheap lies saying in Lagos Tinubu agberos, Lagos park management aka MC Oluomo are aggressively collecting 500 Naira from Keke Napep operators to support campaigns

Hot Amala about to get served by Governor Soludo grin
that is 500 naira daily it's better in anambra, here in lagos it's 2000 naira daily that is 60,000 monthly
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by omenka(m): 10:14am On Sep 23, 2022
Yet, what happens in Lagos is their biggest headache.

What a people.

7 Likes

Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by EMPEROROFDONBAS(m): 10:14am On Sep 23, 2022
Tareq1105:
Someone should tell me why MC Oluomo should impose such levy on Keke operators in far away Anambra State.

Why is Oluomo behaving like this? Oluomo should behave himself o. How can he leave Lagos and go to Anambra to impose such levy?

If yiu has senses, you will know that you are stupid..

No be protest u dey see so??
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by Cyberterror: 10:15am On Sep 23, 2022
I thought that Anambara is the land of billionaires. See as all of them rushed in here to discus Keke Napep as if Soludo removed food from their mouths. That's why Lagos is like London to them. Peter Obituary ran to Lagos immediately he finished with the yeye place.

Page 4 already going to 5 so fast cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by Kingozymandias(m): 10:15am On Sep 23, 2022
omenka:
Yet, what happens in Lagos is their biggest headache.

What a people.

Yet what happens in southwest southsouth and southeast is your biggest headache not what happens in Benue your own state...

grin

1 Like

Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by PARADIZEPRIEST: 10:16am On Sep 23, 2022
LET THEM PAY TO FIX ANAMBRA angry,IS PASSENGERS THAT ACTUALLY PAYS,SO WHY COMPLAIN?. undecided
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by Nobody: 10:16am On Sep 23, 2022
Interesting
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by marvinsync(m): 10:16am On Sep 23, 2022
eskuvoisrael:
Calaba was the first capital of Nigeria, before it was moved to Lagos in 1906

Nigeria didn't exist in 1906 grin
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by EMPEROROFDONBAS(m): 10:16am On Sep 23, 2022
yemmight:
If it is Lagos, the noise will be everywhere.

No be protest u dey see so??..

Why are you guys so myopic in reasoning?
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by owobokiri(m): 10:16am On Sep 23, 2022
Haywhy3579:

Kindergarten talk. How old are u?
Old enough to father you.. Seriously!
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by Haywhy3579: 10:17am On Sep 23, 2022
AsomughaChuks05:

Yes, it is usually more than 1k the touts used to collect from them. I blame Ebonyi people who do most of the keke work in Anambra because a typicalAnambra man knows maths and would have been hailing Prof Soludo for granting them a big relief.
U shld go into the business in anambra state since u said it is relief. Bunch of useless goat. People are suffering and complaining and u said it is relief on ur phone because if ur small mathematics. Day off,damage to kee sickness
Tout extortion e.t.c. Relief indeed.
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by Haywhy3579: 10:17am On Sep 23, 2022
owobokiri:

Old enough to father you.. Seriously!
Ancient of days I salute u
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by ReubenE(m): 10:18am On Sep 23, 2022
Lanretoye:
Where are the hypocrites?...those ones now will soon relocate to Lagos and still come and constitue nuisance.calabar also was a capital city before lagos,so is calabar also everybody's property?,dunce...oya goan claim Abuja too,I don't know how you feel when u reason like a pig.

Calabar was never a capital of Nigeria at any time. Calabar was only the administrative headquarters of Oil Rivers Protectorate, then later Niger Coast protectorate in 1900.

NB: this is only a correction and not a view on the topic under discourse

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Anambra PDP Sacks Metuh / 2019: Atiku, Saraki, Secondus, Others Listed For Arrest — PDP / FG To Regulate Social Media - Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.