Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,095 members, 7,849,424 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:14 PM

Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government (20018 Views)

Update From Ongoing Ekwulobia Flyover By Anambra Government (Pictures, Video) / Suspected Killers Of Dr. Chike Akunyili Arrested By Anambra Police / Thousands Of Tricycle Operators Hold Rally In Support Of Buhari In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by Fearyourcreator: 10:47am On Sep 23, 2022
Angelfrost:

The Bible is clear on these things...

"Give to Caesar (your government) what is theirs, and Go what is His"!
Normal
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by Angelfrost(m): 10:47am On Sep 23, 2022
franchasofficia:
Soludo should tread with caution, this is kind of outrageous

It's quite outrageous... He is supposed to have met with the stakeholders in that sector, discussed with the heads of the association, then all would have reached a fee of suitable compromise!

Authoritarianism should have no place in a democracy!

1 Like

Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by newcommer: 10:49am On Sep 23, 2022
To be very, very honest, I'm not enamored with this Peter Obi guy. The South Eastern states are hellish to live in which is why their indigenes run to other states to find their feet.

I mean, look at their state governors from Ikpeazu, Soludo, to Uzodinma. They hate Umahi but he's the best performing governor in the East presently.

I say no to Peter Obi. This is my opinion and I stand by it. I pray Atiku wins.

Igbo people, fix yourselves. You people are heavily represented in drug related crime and fraud cases all over the world. You people represent the very worst of Nigerians and your superiority complex and victim mentality put you at odds with your neighbours.

I, caterogically say NO to Peter Obi. Semper fi

Modified:: All the "likers", una dey mad.

I'm fully Obidient.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by FreeStuffsNG: 10:49am On Sep 23, 2022
Nnannapat:
So sure bro, I once owned about 4 Keke Maruwa, 2 do ply Dubar junction to Roundabout in Ago Palace way Okota and the other 2 from Cele to Jakande gate in Isolo, I sold them all to save my self from stress. Those poor Keke riders are been heavily exploited on daily basis, they spent nothing less than 4k daily on touts, most times they go back home with as low as 2k as their daily income. Lagos should emulate Anambra and ban touting in parks and garages and collect the dues electronically, the way you pay for LASDRI card or road worthiness and other vehicles docs.

Touts are organised criminals and shouldn't be part of any state revenue generating agencies.
Wow!! This is mindboggling shocked Wow!!! I am truly shocked!
Thank you very much for sharing. I really appreciate this your insight and info. Have a great weekend sir.
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by azikiweironsi(m): 10:51am On Sep 23, 2022
Angelfrost:
The average Nigerian hates the word "Tax", yet we demand a better flourishing society!

Instead of these complaints and protests, your leaders should meet with the government, dialogue and reach a proper fee!

There is no developed nation where working citizens dodge or escape taxation! None!

Good. But how many have they helped to startup ? It is only in Nigeria a person is responsible for setting up a business and boom a tax man came calling from nowhere demanding for tax but neglected you in the time of need. Only in Nigeria your signboard is levied based on how colourful the signboard is not minding the revenue coming to the business owner.

1 Like

Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by NOwazobia: 10:53am On Sep 23, 2022
Association of Nigerians dont pay tax (ANDPT), where at thou?

1 Like

Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by SOFTSKILL: 10:54am On Sep 23, 2022
yemmight:
If it is Lagos, the noise will be everywhere.

Even the intellectually bankrupt Mc EdoPikin made a video exposing his ignorance on the issue. Yoruba haters pretending to be objective

1 Like

Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by SugarGirl44(f): 10:57am On Sep 23, 2022
No no no....this must be Tinubu's Lagos, can never be anambra.
Anambra is African Dubai pls, don't get it twisted.

2 Likes

Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by Angelfrost(m): 10:58am On Sep 23, 2022
azikiweironsi:

Good. But how many have they helped to startup ? It is only in Nigeria a person is responsible for setting up a business and boom a tax man came calling from nowhere demanding for tax but neglected you in the time of need. Only in Nigeria your signboard is levied based on how colourful the signboard is not minding the revenue coming to the business owner.

You have a very good point here... That's why negotiations and discussions ought to precede such levies.

There ought to be a way around such revenue generation (yes, revenue must be generated)!

Well, there is so much disconnection in leadership among our people here in Africa! Corruption makes it even worse!

If generated revenue is never tampered with, but used for the right purposes, no one will resist taxation.
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by Love800(m): 11:00am On Sep 23, 2022
Xghhh
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by Khaysee: 11:01am On Sep 23, 2022
Henix:
These guys actually don't know that they were paying more than 15k per month even before Soludo came onboard, the only difference is that they were paying it daily to different touts.

An average keke man in Onitsha was paying not less than a total of N800 daily to different revenue collectors back then

Some people believe tout for public bus tax collection is only in lagos

But its in every state in Ekiti kastina rivers enugu

I just laugh when people shout oluomo only
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by SugarGirl44(f): 11:02am On Sep 23, 2022
owobokiri:

Rightly so! Because Lagos used to be the capital of the country and still is the financial capital of the country!
Built by the federal government with Niger Delta oil money, Lagos will continue to be everybodys property as long as Nigeria is one!
If you don't like that, get yourself a brand new republic!!

E be like you dey find as God wan punish you.
You don't know your FCT again abi?
Why not go to the current one and claim it's for you,
Na only where Yoruba dey una fit dey ejaculate, you dare not tell aboki that.
Lagos stopped being your fvcking capital over 30 years ago, moreover Lagos has oil too, so what's your headache?
Awon oloshi jatijati.

2 Likes

Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by SugarGirl44(f): 11:04am On Sep 23, 2022
Lanretoye:
Where are the hypocrites?...those ones now will soon relocate to Lagos and still come and constitue nuisance.calabar also was a capital city before lagos,so is calabar also everybody's property?,dunce...oya goan claim Abuja too,I don't know how you feel when u reason like a pig.

They're just obsessed with everything Yoruba has, awon irankiran.
They're always looking for excuses to be in Yoruba business.
We don send them, dey no gree go.
Even their women love Yoruba deek die grin
They can't do without it for a day.
They can sacrifice the whole of anambra to get it.

1 Like

Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by REDshouse(m): 11:05am On Sep 23, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
N15K is N500 daily 'deliver 'to the state govt in a month. It shows this marwa business is lucrative or the govt has overestimated returns those guys make daily.
If govt does not reduce it they will pass on the cost to their passengers niyen.
check my signature for free stuffs!
what if the tricycle have issues and was able to work 7 days in a month does that means the owner will be forced to pay 15k per month...
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by Jogs1900: 11:09am On Sep 23, 2022
twilliamx:

Please show us the Niger delta money in Lagos today.
It's sad when they attribute Lagos success to being former federal capital.If it's by Federal government projects, Kaduna state is meant to fare better in terms of development than Lagos state.Yet nobody dare say Kaduna is no man's land.They should list federal government projects in Lagos and I will list twice of it in Kaduna state.

4 Likes

Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by newcommer: 11:11am On Sep 23, 2022
omenka:
Yet, what happens in Lagos is their biggest headache.

What a people.

Shut up. You were conspicuously absent on the thread where they slaughtered your people like barbecue.

What an i.d.i.o.t
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by Angelfrost(m): 11:14am On Sep 23, 2022
newcommer:
To be very, very honest, I'm not enamored with this Peter Obi guy. The South Eastern states are hellish to live in which is why their indigenes run to other states to find their feet.

I mean, look at their state governors from Ikpeazu, Soludo, to Uzodinma. They hate Umahi but he's the best performing governor in the East presently.

I say no to Peter Obi. This is my opinion and I stand by it. I pray Atiku wins.

Igbo people, fix yourselves. You people are heavily represented in drug related crime and fraud cases all over the world. You people represent the very worst of Nigerians and your superiority complex and victim mentality put you at odds with your neighbours.

I, caterogically say NO to Peter Obi. Semper fi

So much bias here!

I am a fan of no one!

However, Peter Obi has delivered in all ramifications of leadership! He laid the foundation for the highly improved Anambra of today!... In his time as governor, only Lagos was ahead of his state development wise!

If you will hold the failings of other states in East against Peter Obi, then why exempt Atiku from issues in the North like Boko Haram, Banditry, illiteracy, extremism, etc?!!

Should we also hold Tinubu liable for ritual killings in parts of SouthWest, the Owo massacre, bad roads in Ogun state, Fulani killings, etc?!!

Your post is unnecessarily bigoted and nepotic! This is the sort of attitude we don't need in this nation as election draws near!
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by XerXerz: 11:15am On Sep 23, 2022
Everywhere in enugu is filled with agberos ,touts, miscreants, disturbing people. There's no organised tax system in enugu. Ugwuanyi has failed in almost everything. Enugu should copy what Anambra has done in harmonising its tax system.

OkpaNsukkaisBae:

They didn't harmonize any sh!T. Agbero full everywhere 4 awka. Besides, 15k monthly? E no get as drivers go work 30days in a month. Shuttle/bus/keke fit knock engine at any time, drivers might fall sick/travel yet 15k is a must.
4 dis ASUU strike, some shuttle drivers abandoned their motor @mechanic, go carry another shuttle/keke daily pay/rentals so dey fit see money wey dem go use work dia car. no funny trekking from immigration to nkwo amenyi. I don taya yet i neva reach amawbia sef.

1 Like

Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by Decent09(m): 11:16am On Sep 23, 2022
joey150:
I know in most major parks across the country, commercial operators have to pay a daily fee which is usually at least 500 naira.

If they paid 1k daily before, why does 15k in 30 days irk them so much?

Well, clearly they prefer the daily charge.

The state should revert to that or make it 500 naira daily or 12k monthly.

There you go, problem solved.

No no no, it's too outrageous, you can't tax commuters like that
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by Haywhy3579: 11:16am On Sep 23, 2022
DeepSight:

Every Nigerian has a legitimate right to cite Abuja as his or hers being the Federal Capital. Lagos also has a very special status, not just as the financial capital and melting pot of the country, but also as that city which was capital of Nigeria for almost a century, which counts for a lot. The Federal investment in the city in that timeframe as well as the coalescing of its peoples and their activities around it count for a lot. I would go so far as to say it remains the "spiritual" capital of Nigeria where the soul of the nation sits. Lokoja and Calabar never had a comparable length of time, Federal investment, or coalescing of peoples to render proper any claimed equivalence.

Overall, I have to say I don't like discussions like this. What does it profit anyone really? As Nigerians, we have compatriots who are politicians in foreign countries. Why do we hate our own compatriots so much. For me, I hope we arrive at a day when any one from any part of the country can contest and win an election anywhere else, so long as he is truly in touch with the mind and soul of the people involved
The same way ur people feels about the east. As other tribe, to buy land for east na war to live with u people na war and to have opposite opinions in the east na suicide and still yet u people will come to lagos and come and claim it that Nigeria is one and u practiced non of it in ur state. Also, it is a lame excuse to want to lay claim to lagos because it was former capital. Don’t I know the meaning of former and calaba was also formal capital and no south west is laying claim to it. Lagos maintained its standard and that is y it attracts people from all over the world. Calabar does not maintained its standard. U can lay claimed to Abuja because it is the capital and not lagos Abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by XerXerz: 11:16am On Sep 23, 2022
Arysexy:

It is not. A trip by Keke at 100naira covers the tax. The rest is theirs.

The Govt harmonized the tax in such a way that no agbero can harass them after the 500 Naira payment.

That's right
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by emmaskyblue(m): 11:18am On Sep 23, 2022
NOwazobia:
Association of Nigerians dont pay tax (ANDPT), where at thou?

you want our govt to faint?
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by ncoolsome(m): 11:26am On Sep 23, 2022
It's confusing...u guys where paying 1000 *30 days =30k like every other state the government reduced to 500,a one off payment 15k a month n u guys are complaining??
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by ezugegere(m): 11:26am On Sep 23, 2022
In Lagos, they pay, at least, N1500 daily. That's about 45k monthly
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by newcommer: 11:26am On Sep 23, 2022
Ezewuzie01:
Keke drivers want good roads for their business but don't want to pay tax to make it happen. Do they think that Soludo prints money in his house? Those who can't pay should not be allowed to ply the roads, it will free up more customers for the serious ones who pay.

Abeg shut up. How many roads has the govt done so far? What do they do with the allocations they receive from the FG
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by newcommer: 11:31am On Sep 23, 2022
Angelfrost:

Please, understand that I am not holding brief for the government... However, taxation is inescapable!

Dodging or resisting taxation only further compounds a state or nation's economic woes.

Indeed. Yet, in those developed countries you use in your example, the citizens of those countries see the dividends of their taxes with a quality economy and numerous jobs. They get annual tax returns from the government, a sort of 'thank you' for paying your taxes.

Yet, over here in the poverty capital of the world along with some of the richest politicians on Earth, we are supposed to pay taxes that will be embezzled by these demons we have as government

You're not serious.
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by incandescentena: 11:31am On Sep 23, 2022
EMPEROROFDONBAS:

Do u know that you ae more than stupid .. Did they suport soludo on this??..
Try dey get sense ooh
Go and pay your 15k tax dumdo f0ol
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by Stanleyq: 11:32am On Sep 23, 2022
Patriotsleague:

This republic will remain and you people will remain slaves in it, if you don't like the republic, remove yourself out of it.
but if they want to remove themselves from it, u won't allow it, just like pharaoh did, till he began to experience de I'll experience s
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by Pacesetterz: 11:32am On Sep 23, 2022
Slynation:
Soludo is proving so hard to be a very useless and clueless governor...!! Always striving hard to cause hardship instead of alleviating the pains of the wonderful and good people of Anambra state...

Valentine Ozigbo would have been a better choice but due to APGA's dominance and legacy which is proving to be a hinderance and storming block, because come rain come sunshine, they believe they will emerge victorious, I think it's high time for "APGA...Kor Kpuo"

Modified : It's seems this keke operators doesn't even know they are helping them...This are the same set of people that normally pays average of #50 for every to and fro amounting to over 500 to #800 per day, now bring 15K once which is approximately #500 per month they are carrying placards... cheesy

Nna ehh, but Soludo is still behaving clueless nevertheless, by this time last 8-16years, Obiano and Peter Obi has already completed 3 flyovers and 10 interstate roads each... cheesy but Soludo is still on "we will do this and that" while chasing shadows...

The touts of Anambra are the ones engineering the drivers to protest because of what dey stand to gain. If the tax is allowed it means they will be out of biz. The yeye politics in Anambra is a disturbing one reason why the state is still filled with red sand and bad roads even up to their govt house.
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by adioolayi(m): 11:35am On Sep 23, 2022
EMPEROROFDONBAS:

Widening their tax net, under a dying economy.. Sorry for u

You have to choose one...either increasing the tax of the existing payers...or you bring more people to pay tax,.

Which one do you think is better
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by Pacesetterz: 11:38am On Sep 23, 2022
Timoleon:
Nigerians are just terrible people and I just laugh and ignore people who are unnecessarily optimistic about the future of this country. Soludo has eased the burden of these commercial drivers by sending away motorpark touts that taxed them heavily without remitting to the state. Whereas these greedy tricyclists pay as much as 2000 - 5000 daily to touts before which would sum to 60000-150000 monthly before now, they are now throwing protests at a government that reduced it to15000.

Let’s continue deceiving ourselves that we want development.

I learned the touts are the ones pushing the drivers to protest. Very funny

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mark : Nigeria Has Less Friends In Africa / Pictures From Sanwo Olu Apc Mega Rally, Campus Square Lagos. Pictures. / FG Rejects Proposal To Repair Ports’ Scanners With N753m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.