Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? - Events (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? (28302 Views)

Biker Arrives His Wedding In Style (Photo, Video) / Fear Grips Crowd As Weird-Looking Men Storm A Wedding Reception (Video) / Female 'Best Man' Steals The Show At Her Brother's Wedding In Akwa Ibom. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by ZUBY77(m): 10:17am On Sep 29, 2022
obembet:

How?

How what?

Food and drinks 100,000 or Less
Venue ; Outside Church Premises.
Attendants ; Immediate family members from both families and few friends who knows you are not Dangote's Child.

Video and Photos; SAMSUNG AND IPHONES
Music Dj; 20K for a few hours.

Isn't it obvious you don't have money? Never borrow money for such things as wedding.

7 Likes

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by Kokoebapluse(m): 10:19am On Sep 29, 2022
Yes. You can spend less than 200k, if you marry islamically because the rate of bridprice right now is not upto 40k. And the other spending is in your hand. You are the one to chose wheather you want to lavish money or not.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by obembet(f): 10:19am On Sep 29, 2022
clems88:
Ofcos. It can even be done without spending a dime. grin just give her belle , then the parents wount have a choice than to dash you their daughter cheesy

Bad guy

1 Like

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by Johel(m): 10:19am On Sep 29, 2022
obembet:
I read about how Nairalanders Joetttimua1811manage just #500k for his wedding in 2020 which I really appreciate how he manage himself without own anybody.

Believe me, When it comes to celebrating the union of a man and woman, trust Nigerians not to hold back on providing the best food and drinks, renting a spacious hall, and indirectly telling a friend to say to another friend about the event.

While Nigerian weddings are mostly seen as an opportunity to celebrate with the couple and get free food, the truth is that they are financially demanding. It is in the sense that planning a wedding is not cheap.

With the economic setbacks being experienced in the country, we need to secure our financial future. So, in case you are hoping to one day stand at an altar wearing a suit or bridal gown, here is an insight on how to plan a wedding with a budget of 700,000 or even less.

So With a hypothetical guest list of 100 to 150 people including ( mogbo, moya ) kindly drop your breakdown budget of #700k include weeding attire and shoes for bride and groom, stationary and souvenirs, reception venues and decorations, food and drinks and miscellaneous.

Nairalanders, kindly help somebody with good calculations.

Source: obembet

Even lesser than 500k
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by ZUBY77(m): 10:19am On Sep 29, 2022
Komu1048:

Stop deceiving people

Deceiving who?

The problem with empty blockheads is that they think there is a standard to do everything in life.
I am a billionaire but i did Court Marriage which cost less than 100k in total.

My wife has given birth to a boy and a girl.

Please tell me where i got it wrong.

5 Likes

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by obembet(f): 10:21am On Sep 29, 2022
Solofresh2:
See as this thread quickly reach front page with few comments

It's nice thread which will be helpful.

1 Like

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by Techsmartng: 10:21am On Sep 29, 2022
If you're not trying to impress nobody then sure

2 Likes

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by Kaybaba5(m): 10:21am On Sep 29, 2022
IT IS A MATTER OF CHOICE
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by obembet(f): 10:21am On Sep 29, 2022
Tboymessiah:

NasoLifeBe

Wetin do goat meat!!!

For 100 people
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by obembet(f): 10:22am On Sep 29, 2022
Iwedunloye:
Just give her Belle, reject it at first and after much begging you accepted, they will surely do the Marriage your way…No money wasting again.

Haaaaaaaaaa... Make I run away from u
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by 07kjb: 10:25am On Sep 29, 2022
Lamanii22:
Still possible if you don’t invite more than 70 people although 70 times two would give you like 140 people, cancel hall, bargain with your photographer….

I don't know were you stay...or are we just saying for saying sake, number of invited guest doesn't work in a normal NIGERIAN settings unless you want to put your self in an unending shame

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by bobbiiee: 10:25am On Sep 29, 2022
With an understanding spouse to be and reasonable groom and bride families, it is doable.
1. Realise the purpose is not to impress.
2. Engage families and friends where needed for the following. Cars to use. Making of food. I engaged volunteers.
3. Do court registry. With that you may not need to wear different types of clothings.
4. Fix you wedding during the week.
5. Send out invitations to those you want 3-4 weeks before the event.
6. Do takeaway after registry. You may not necessarily need a hall.
7. Ask counsel from frugal people that you know.
8. Don't count on people & promises. Rely on God. If people give towards it be grateful. Let your plan be based on what you have.
9. Its about life after wedding that counts. Wedding (the event) hardly last for more than one day. Marriage may last for a lifetime. My parents have no wedding pictures. They are still married after 52 years.
10. God will help you. Use your sense. Its more about you that others.

With 6k you will get rings on AliExpress that wont tarnish for some time.

I did registry, introduction, engagement, church blessing & reception on a Thursday. Out of the money I realized I paid 6 months rent and bought a new tablet. Am not a fan of elaborate ceremony. Assuming my wife to be did not mind we would have catered for less than 30 people while I used the remaining money to change all my gadgets.

6 Likes

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by obembet(f): 10:25am On Sep 29, 2022
josielewa:
no worry, core coin go give you better money soon...another sure one dey oo

How many u don get so far?
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by VULCAN(m): 10:25am On Sep 29, 2022
Love your plans but a white wedding BEFORE the trad.

That's weird for all involved.

Why not reverse it?

Godoverevery:
It depends on how you want it.

Have told my parent and fiancée my budget for my wedding is 1.5 million if anyone isn't ok with what I present feel free not to attend.

My plan is too have my white and traditional wedding on the same day.

A nice venue of of 300k will used for both ......in the morning a pastor will conduct the white wedding ceremony with few people from both family.

From 1pm the traditional wedding and reception will hold at the same time.

Break down of my budget.
Venue 300k
Food and drinks 500k
Decoration etc 200
Photo and video 200k
Unforseen expenses 200k

I no my parent will want something bigger but any money they drop won't be spent on my wedding.
The clothes will be using is not an issh.

I could easily have a wedding of 3million budget with few support from my sibling and parent but nah.

Left to me I won't even have any wedding ceremony..
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by fatboyslym007: 10:26am On Sep 29, 2022
Yes, if you do not make the mistake of renting event centres n doing all those nonsense ajara Jara...

Wedding n reception should be a single event.
When pastor or Imam says kiss the bride...

Kiss the bride, cut the cake in church, share the souvenirs; cake, food and drinks in take away packs. Everyone goes to their domain...
You go n relax with your bride...
Q.E.D.
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by AgentGoat: 10:26am On Sep 29, 2022
Who dfuvk want to spend 700k?

Are you out of your mind?
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by PeterObi4LP: 10:26am On Sep 29, 2022
We are the one making things difficult for ourselves. Who do you want to impress? Then after impressing people throwing elaborate wedding you start paying debts.

My friend did his traditional and white wedding the same day. He base in Anambra while the lady is from Enugu. After the white wedding which ended by 11am, they took few pictures with the pastors and friends present. Boom in less than 2hrs they are in Enugu for traditional.

Venue is open space
Food and drinks 350k they use Okpa and abacha to cover up
Decoration the sister to the guy is into deco and she collect 100k to get other materials and transport
Photo and video 150k

He didn't spend close to 700k.

Just discuss with your partner that you want it on a low key

5 Likes

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by iezeiyida(m): 10:27am On Sep 29, 2022
Shoe get size grin

A wedding in Nigeria, traditional or white, can cost 300k or less, and it can also cost 3million and above.

Just cut your coat according to your clothe cool

3 Likes

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by WhatCanIsay(m): 10:27am On Sep 29, 2022
Godoverevery:
It depends on how you want it.

Have told my parent and fiancée my budget for my wedding is 1.5 million if anyone isn't ok with what I present feel free not to attend.

My plan is too have my white and traditional wedding on the same day.

A nice venue of of 300k will used for both ......in the morning a pastor will conduct the white wedding ceremony with few people from both family.

From 1pm the traditional wedding and reception will hold at the same time.

Break down of my budget.
Venue 300k
Food and drinks 500k
Decoration etc 200
Photo and video 200k
Unforseen expenses 200k

I no my parent will want something bigger but any money they drop won't be spent on my wedding.
The clothes will be using is not an issh.

I could easily have a wedding of 3million budget with few support from my sibling and parent but nah.

Left to me I won't even have any wedding ceremony..

If you are combining both then remove that 300k for venue. The venue for trad is mostly at your wife's compound, or else there's something I don't get.

1 Like

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by josielewa(m): 10:27am On Sep 29, 2022
obembet:

How many u don get so far?
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by Komu1048(m): 10:27am On Sep 29, 2022
ZUBY77:

Deceiving who?

The problem with empty blockheads is that they think there is a standard to do everything in life.

Lol, if them invite you for a wedding budgeted at 150k u go free come. 2m should be enough for a low key marriage. I did mine lowkey this March n still spend close to 2m. My dowry sef is 100k so how will 50k fit in
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by 07kjb: 10:27am On Sep 29, 2022
ZUBY77:

Deceiving who?

U are a billionaire spent only 100k in your wedding,THIS SIMPLY MEANS THAT U ARE WICKED

UR BILLIONS ARE GONNA DEPART FROM U SOON

1 Like

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by colossus91(m): 10:28am On Sep 29, 2022
grin
obembet:

Can't we use phone to reduce cost?

Nlfpmod

I swear u Dey mad grin
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by buzorcharles(m): 10:29am On Sep 29, 2022
Yes if u want and can control ur ego
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by Chris2chris: 10:29am On Sep 29, 2022
Yes, even 100k can do that for you, but it depends on how you want it to be.
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by zrocky: 10:29am On Sep 29, 2022
obembet:
I read about how Nairalanders Joetttimua1811manage just #500k for his wedding in 2020 which I really appreciate how he manage himself without own anybody.

Believe me, When it comes to celebrating the union of a man and woman, trust Nigerians not to hold back on providing the best food and drinks, renting a spacious hall, and indirectly telling a friend to say to another friend about the event.

While Nigerian weddings are mostly seen as an opportunity to celebrate with the couple and get free food, the truth is that they are financially demanding. It is in the sense that planning a wedding is not cheap.

With the economic setbacks being experienced in the country, we need to secure our financial future. So, in case you are hoping to one day stand at an altar wearing a suit or bridal gown, here is an insight on how to plan a wedding with a budget of 700,000 or even less.

So With a hypothetical guest list of 100 to 150 people including ( mogbo, moya ) kindly drop your breakdown budget of #700k include weeding attire and shoes for bride and groom, stationary and souvenirs, reception venues and decorations, food and drinks and miscellaneous.

if after spending 700k as a man on a wedding and you don't have a land, or a house or your just about to move into face me I slap you or maybe 1 room flat with the bride or you don't even have a car to use for business when trying times come it means say you no get sense patapata.

If the whole 700k is not your own and you had to borrow with interest to push forth the wedding. my dear man out there hear me well, as you pick forth your marriage certificate, you are also picking up Sapa premium certificate.

Any woman that want you to spend lavishly on their wedding in this economic hard time in Nigeria no like u.

A word is enough for the wise

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by obembet(f): 10:29am On Sep 29, 2022
josielewa:

When did u start? I seems most Nigerian engaged in it o and it will come with big price cos of it's utility
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by ZUBY77(m): 10:31am On Sep 29, 2022
07kjb:

U are a billionaire spent only 100k in your wedding,THIS SIMPLY MEAN THAT U ARE WICKED

UR BILLIONS ARE GONNA DEPART FROM U SOON

The money departing from me is when i spend half of it to host half of the world in a party that they have no business attending.

Departing from me means when the money leaves my account and go into an account that belongs to someone else without hope of making profit.
Thats the real meaning of departing from me. But i guess you are not a businessman.

3 Likes

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by zrocky: 10:32am On Sep 29, 2022
For the man get a suit you will wear later. For the lady design your wedding dress in a way you can use it later carry go church.

Case closed
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by Buyalltools: 10:32am On Sep 29, 2022
I did my wedding in 2017 with lesser than 300k.
I was financially capable to throw a party, rent hall and all that but that's what I want.
No reception.
Food was packaged in Take-away and shared to people after church program then we go home straight.
I had lesser 20 people direct invite, no extended family. My brother, 2 sisters, my mum and 2 of my friends

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by zrocky: 10:32am On Sep 29, 2022
ZUBY77:

The money departing from me is when i spend half of it to host half of the world in a party that they have no business attending.

Departing from me means when the money leaves my account and go into an account that belongs to someone else without hope of making profit.
Thats the real meaning of departing from me. But i guess you are not a businessman.
you are wise
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by rapheal5(m): 10:33am On Sep 29, 2022
obembet:

if the wedding is to hold in ogun state, I can plan a meaningful wedding for you with 700k you go still collect change, modern hall and cinematographer included..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Cute Daughter Of A Proud Afonja & Pretty Igbo Is 2yrs Today / Photos From The Wedding Of A Popular Nairalander. / Obasanjo Wedding Pics:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.