Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,337 members, 7,819,187 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? - Events (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? (28294 Views)

Biker Arrives His Wedding In Style (Photo, Video) / Fear Grips Crowd As Weird-Looking Men Storm A Wedding Reception (Video) / Female 'Best Man' Steals The Show At Her Brother's Wedding In Akwa Ibom. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by ElBenny(m): 7:54pm On Sep 29, 2022
MC nko?

Godoverevery:
It depends on how you want it.

Have told my parent and fiancée my budget for my wedding is 1.5 million if anyone isn't ok with what I present feel free not to attend.

My plan is too have my white and traditional wedding on the same day.

A nice venue of of 300k will used for both ......in the morning a pastor will conduct the white wedding ceremony with few people from both family.

From 1pm the traditional wedding and reception will hold at the same time.

Break down of my budget.
Venue 300k
Food and drinks 500k
Decoration etc 200
Photo and video 200k
Unforseen expenses 200k

I no my parent will want something bigger but any money they drop won't be spent on my wedding.
The clothes will be using is not an issh.

I could easily have a wedding of 3million budget with few support from my sibling and parent but nah.

Left to me I won't even have any wedding ceremony..
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by ElBenny(m): 7:55pm On Sep 29, 2022
MC nko?

Blessedmercy8:
Yes and even less. it all depends on how you plan it.

Hears a rough breakdown.

Cut out any unecessary cost like halls. You can beg your church to use their auditorium or any large space around the church.

Food.
Stick strictly to rice and use packs to serve to also cut cost of breakable serving plates. ( No varieties).
Pure water for everyone.
It's only at parties people form I don't take pure water. Go to any big man's house now, you'll see bags of pure water. Thats what most of them drink.

Do moderate wedding cake at the most 30k.

Beg one of your siblings wen Sabi do selfie to handle photography that day If you have a good phone. Take it to studio, select and edit the ones you want.

Your wedding outfits can be rented at very affordable rates depending on where you're renting it. If you choose to sew or buy readymade, highest, 150k don cover for both of you.

All these should not be more than 300k.
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Sep 29, 2022
ElBenny:
MC nko?

You beg one Sunday school bros to help do MC. They are good.
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by bigl: 8:04pm On Sep 29, 2022
obembet:
I read about how Nairalanders Joetttimua1811manage just #500k for his wedding in 2020 which I really appreciate how he manage himself without own anybody.

Believe me, When it comes to celebrating the union of a man and woman, trust Nigerians not to hold back on providing the best food and drinks, renting a spacious hall, and indirectly telling a friend to say to another friend about the event.

While Nigerian weddings are mostly seen as an opportunity to celebrate with the couple and get free food, the truth is that they are financially demanding. It is in the sense that planning a wedding is not cheap.

With the economic setbacks being experienced in the country, we need to secure our financial future. So, in case you are hoping to one day stand at an altar wearing a suit or bridal gown, here is an insight on how to plan a wedding with a budget of 700,000 or even less.

So With a hypothetical guest list of 100 to 150 people including ( mogbo, moya ) kindly drop your breakdown budget of #700k include weeding attire and shoes for bride and groom, stationary and souvenirs, reception venues and decorations, food and drinks and miscellaneous.

Nairalanders, kindly help somebody with good calculations.

Source: obembet

Stop giving yourselves headache.

The important thing is the solemnisation (joining) ... every other thing na feferity ....

Carry yourself to Registry and do reception later .... close the chapter, begin slaughter your cow.

Trust me u will save money.

Nobody will be able to tell if you're putting on 500k suit or 50k suit by 4pm of that day ...

And no matter how many or big the cow u slaughter, there will always be some people that would claim not to eat so why stress yourself?

Meanwhile, a lot of homes have broken down due to suffering after getting married as a result of borrowing here and there to satisfy other people's expectation. So, don't go that route ...

U have no one to impress ...

But you're free to borrow 5 million from bank to do your wedding ... your brain go reset when u start paying back heavily afterwards

Go registry jeje ... with as little as 70 to 150k, you're ok.

An extra 150k should provide food for some small no of people (less than 100) ... The rest, use to take care of your newly formed family

2 Likes

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Sep 29, 2022
ElBenny:
So who go anchor the reception? Na goat? grin
Yes. You can hire Gbenga Adeyinke or Bovi for N5m.
You get N700K for wedding you dey ask of MC like say eloquent speakers deplete for your family?

1 Like

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by mceze(m): 8:49pm On Sep 29, 2022
Sirchiboy:
Did my wedding 100k this year

I did mine with 400k last year. I cut down unnecessary expenses.
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by preciousmetals: 8:52pm On Sep 29, 2022
Wedding cannot cost you more than 70,000 naira, what cost money is reception and it not a most to host a reception, go to church, conduct your wedding and go back home
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by Fabulous47(m): 9:08pm On Sep 29, 2022
Komu1048:

Lol, if them invite you for a wedding budgeted at 150k u go free come. 2m should be enough for a low key marriage. I did mine lowkey this March n still spend close to 2m. My dowry sef is 100k so how will 50k fit in

2 billion ni ��
If you like no come, na you wan bless the union?
It’s obvious you’re only attending weddings for the food and drinks.
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by Xylon: 11:49pm On Sep 29, 2022
ZUBY77:

Deceiving who?

The problem with empty blockheads is that they think there is a standard to do everything in life.
I am a billionaire but i did Court Marriage which cost less than 100k in total.

My wife has given birth to a boy and a girl.

Please tell me where i got it wrong.
Nice response .. you talk well boss
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by michaelykay(m): 7:43am On Sep 30, 2022
If you need a Wedding pictures and video at a considerable cost, you can chat me up on WhatsApp 09033420239. My Instagram handle is #mickey4tosolutions

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by Karnice600: 2:50pm On Sep 30, 2022
obembet:
I read about how Nairalanders Joetttimua1811manage just #500k for his wedding in 2020 which I really appreciate how he manage himself without own anybody.

Believe me, When it comes to celebrating the union of a man and woman, trust Nigerians not to hold back on providing the best food and drinks, renting a spacious hall, and indirectly telling a friend to say to another friend about the event.

While Nigerian weddings are mostly seen as an opportunity to celebrate with the couple and get free food, the truth is that they are financially demanding. It is in the sense that planning a wedding is not cheap.

With the economic setbacks being experienced in the country, we need to secure our financial future. So, in case you are hoping to one day stand at an altar wearing a suit or bridal gown, here is an insight on how to plan a wedding with a budget of 700,000 or even less.

So With a hypothetical guest list of 100 to 150 people including ( mogbo, moya ) kindly drop your breakdown budget of #700k include weeding attire and shoes for bride and groom, stationary and souvenirs, reception venues and decorations, food and drinks and miscellaneous.

Nairalanders, kindly help somebody with good calculations.

Source: obembet
Them force this guy do marriage? why him face come be like this?
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by Buyalltools: 8:27pm On Sep 30, 2022
jojothaiv:

You be correct man and your wife na one in a billion..
Na true o. One in a billion but from first month of our relationship I have been telling her how I want my wedding and how it must be. If she had said no, I would have ended the relationship. Simple.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by jojothaiv(m): 8:44pm On Sep 30, 2022
Buyalltools:

Na true o. One in a billion but from first month of our relationship I have been telling her how I want my wedding and how it must be. If she had said no, I would have ended the relationship. Simple.
Na correct update you gimme so, I don dey clear my woman steady if she continue with her strong head na to move on with my 2k lifestyle...
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by desmondDessi(m): 8:59am On Oct 02, 2022
ZUBY77:
A wedding in Nigeria can cost 150,000 if you want.

Lol no it cannot
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by ZUBY77(m): 12:10pm On Oct 02, 2022
desmondDessi:

Lol no it cannot

Then do yours with 200 million.
It's your money
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by Teymanhenry(f): 8:03pm On Apr 24, 2023

Yes. You can hire Gbenga Adeyinke or Bovi for N5m.
You get N700K for wedding you dey ask of MC like say eloquent speakers deplete for your family?

Hahaha I don die
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by wayodude(m): 6:55pm On Apr 25, 2023
bigl:

Stop giving yourselves headache.

The important thing is the solemnisation (joining) ... every other thing na feferity ....

Carry yourself to Registry and do reception later .... close the chapter, begin slaughter your cow.

Trust me u will save money.

Nobody will be able to tell if you're putting on 500k suit or 50k suit by 4pm of that day ...

And no matter how many or big the cow u slaughter, there will always be some people that would claim not to eat so why stress yourself?

Meanwhile, a lot of homes have broken down due to suffering after getting married as a result of borrowing here and there to satisfy other people's expectation. So, don't go that route ...

U have no one to impress ...

But you're free to borrow 5 million from bank to do your wedding ... your brain go reset when u start paying back heavily afterwards

Go registry jeje ... with as little as 70 to 150k, you're ok.

An extra 150k should provide food for some small no of people (less than 100) ... The rest, use to take care of your newly formed family

Gbam!

1 Like

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by Godoora(f): 8:42pm On May 27, 2023

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Cute Daughter Of A Proud Afonja & Pretty Igbo Is 2yrs Today / Photos From The Wedding Of A Popular Nairalander. / Obasanjo Wedding Pics:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.