Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,836 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? - Events (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? (28305 Views)

Biker Arrives His Wedding In Style (Photo, Video) / Fear Grips Crowd As Weird-Looking Men Storm A Wedding Reception (Video) / Female 'Best Man' Steals The Show At Her Brother's Wedding In Akwa Ibom. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by ZUBY77(m): 10:33am On Sep 29, 2022
Komu1048:

Lol, if them invite you for a wedding budgeted at 150k u go free come. 2m should be enough for a low key marriage. I did mine lowkey this March n still spend close to 2m. My dowry sef is 100k so how will 50k fit in

I don't go to weddings for the food or drinks, it is simply to witness two people being joined together. Two people who may break up eventually.

3 Likes

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by Olumaeme: 10:33am On Sep 29, 2022
Yes, na any amount you wan spend you go spend.
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by 07kjb: 10:35am On Sep 29, 2022
zrocky:
you are wise

HE IS NOT
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by system21: 10:37am On Sep 29, 2022
obembet:

Can't we use phone to reduce cost?

Nlfpmod
This is what majority did not know. I went to a friend child dedication last year, the photographer the guy hired disappointed him I used my phone to snap and recorded everything after the event I sent the the pictures and videos to the guy through xender he took it to photo studio and print it out, the pictures and videos was very fine

5 Likes

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by duduade: 10:37am On Sep 29, 2022
All these 700k bla bla bla

No be by force to marry, if you wanna marry… just do court wedding.. I am sure lots of change will remain from the 700k

Wedding is different from Marriage
When it hits you in marriage, you will know that money is very important in it…

OP do not go and bring children into this world when money no too dey o

1 Like

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by Belbad(m): 10:38am On Sep 29, 2022
Godoverevery:
It depends on how you want it.

Have told my parent and fiancée my budget for my wedding is 1.5 million if anyone isn't ok with what I present feel free not to attend.

My plan is too have my white and traditional wedding on the same day.

A nice venue of of 300k will used for both ......in the morning a pastor will conduct the white wedding ceremony with few people from both family.

From 1pm the traditional wedding and reception will hold at the same time.

Break down of my budget.
Venue 300k
Food and drinks 500k
Decoration etc 200
Photo and video 200k
Unforseen expenses 200k

I no my parent will want something bigger but any money they drop won't be spent on my wedding.
The clothes will be using is not an issh.

I could easily have a wedding of 3million budget with few support from my sibling and parent but nah.

Left to me I won't even have any wedding ceremony..
sweet Jesus!!! GOD bless ur head day dere
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by Benoxvals(m): 10:39am On Sep 29, 2022
OP..One thing I discovered about Nigerians is that we are so wasteful..You can’t imagine that some people sell off their properties so that they can bury the dead in a big way.

There are so many things to do with finances after marriage especially if the couple are not buoyant enough.

You need to understand the difference btw wedding and marriage before you start planning.

Settle with a lady with prospects who has a good blueprint for her future and that of her family.

Some trad can be done via cash presentation with few guests present.

In Igbo land,payment of bride price symbolizes marriage and every other ceremony after that can be either avoided or micro managed in accordance to the Dept of your pocket.

The Christian symbolism of white weeding is receiving the matrimonial sacrament which is only done in the church...any other thing after that can either be avoided or micro managed according to any budget.

There are so many things to celebrate within your married lives when you are financially free.

I would rather do only a white church wedding,boycott that hall wastage and gift my wife a brand new car.

4 Likes

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by Dreadlock69(m): 10:40am On Sep 29, 2022
Just do big traditional wedding , which one be white again

1 Like

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by system21: 10:40am On Sep 29, 2022
Godoverevery:

Have told my parent and fiancée my budget for my wedding is 1.5 million if anyone isn't ok with what I present feel free not to attend.

A nice venue of of 300k will used for both ......in the morning a pastor will conduct the white wedding ceremony with few people from both family.

Break down of my budget.
Venue 300k
Food and drinks 500k
Decoration etc 200
Photo and video 200k
Unforseen expenses 200k

I no my parent will want something bigger but any money they drop won't be spent on my wedding.

I could easily have a wedding of 3million budget with few support from my sibling and parent but nah.

Lolz. Better go ask those who have done wedding before for proper advice
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by ogwuche4u(m): 10:44am On Sep 29, 2022
noble71:
Hmmm, it all depends on what you mean by wedding, if it's traditional marriage only, it also depends on the state and tradition of the people. But generally in this Buhari economy #700k can't. If it's only Court Marriage 300k is enough.

300k for court wedding? Ogbeni be calming down. I spent only 30k for my court wedding. You wan wed the magistrate ne?

11 Likes

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by ChiefS(m): 10:45am On Sep 29, 2022
You don't need the whole world to be around to get married. Reception is not necessary. You can package takeaway food packs. Get a trusted hand to buy the foodstuff and pay a reliable caterer or group of loved ones. Don't rent a hall. Sew a simple wedding gown or hire one.
Buy a decent modest suit at Lagos or ABA. No need for bridal train. No need for MC Go home and enjoy your wife after the wedding.

3 Likes

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by zrocky: 10:49am On Sep 29, 2022
07kjb:

HE IS NOT
this is why the rich are getting rich and the poor are poor.

When you see our the rich throwing a big wedding you think their wasting their money. For them it's an opportunity to relax, build new connections, discuss business and create more awareness for them self that will eventually generate more money. Some will even go as far as payng celebrities to attend their wedding. But the poor man with no saving will just squander the little he has, accumulate debt on a wedding that will not add a single benefit to his financial status.

Summary: rich people don't spend where there don't gain.

6 Likes

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by MrAAA2: 10:49am On Sep 29, 2022
Godoverevery:

Break down of my budget.
Venue 300k
Food and drinks 500k
Decoration etc 200
Photo and video 200k
Unforseen expenses 200k

I suggest you do it in the proper order... Traditional first! It is upon the traditional every other sorts lie.
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by seunayantokun(m): 10:49am On Sep 29, 2022
ZUBY77:
A wedding in Nigeria can cost 150,000 if you want.

That's right.
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by Magicz10: 10:59am On Sep 29, 2022
[quote author=ajayiopy post=117104230]
NA YOU DEY WORRY YOURSELF,GO TO CUSTOMARY COURT ON THURSDAY AND DO YOUR WEDDING. WITH THAT,80% WILL NOT ABLE TO LEAVE THIER JOBS FOR WEDDING. JUST GET AN UNDERSTANDING WIFE.
Bad guy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by 07kjb: 11:00am On Sep 29, 2022
zrocky:
this is why the rich are getting rich and the poor are poor.

When you see our the rich throwing a big wedding you think their wasting their money. For them it's an opportunity to relax, build new connections, discuss business and create more awareness for them self that will eventually generate more money. Some will even go as far as payng celebrities to attend their wedding. But the poor man with no saving will just squander the little he has, accumulate debt on a wedding that will not add a single benefit to his financial status.

Summary: rich people don't spend where there don't gain

Don't spend were you don't gain is a dangerous wicked QUOTE"

HAVING A WEDDING CEREMONY OR BURIAL CEREMONY IS NOT A WASTE...IT IS A CALL OF NATURE THAT IS WHY U SHOULD TAKE YOUR TIME TO PLAN IT, SOMETHINGS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE DONE ANYHOW

WE ARE AFRICANS,WE ARE THE CUSTODIAN OF NATURE ON EARTH

1 Like

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by Umunze1stSon(m): 11:01am On Sep 29, 2022
Sweetplum:
Yes if your in-law are cooperating and you didn't rent hall or do decoration. You higher a photographer that ll collect like N50K only for pics or at worst N80K for photo and video. Some photographers are considerate n ll still give mini n quality delivery. Don't buy alcoholic drinks. Only few soft drinks. Invite not more than 50 people from both families or at worst 80 people.
Pick dress that's not more than N100K for both husband and wife. N60K for wife's gown and native, N40K for husband's suit and native. Some tailors no go charge more than N25K-N30K for wedding gown. You can make it as simple as you can. No tail, no peticoat or any expensive additive and the native can be procured from the smallest lace. No go buy aso-oke o! While husband can get N25K-N30K suit and N10K for native.
Finally, if the bride price and list of items to buy are not more than N100K-N150K.
Then the wedding is set.
Last Bullet
What makes wedding to be expensive is overdoing. If you know your budget, your wedding ll hold within it. If it passed it, it shouldn't be more money which you can easily augment after the wedding.

I m a wedding planner. Mail me @ sweetplumnija@gmail.com to help you plan your wedding from contacting a photographer to event deco, cloths, food, etc.

A patronage ll wow you.
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by Komu1048(m): 11:01am On Sep 29, 2022
ZUBY77:

I don't go to weddings for the food or drinks, it is simply to witness two people being joined together. Two people who may break up eventually.

Anyway, 150k wedding will be a glorified cemetery.

Perhaps u mean in dollars, Cox that naira is fast becoming the valueless currency on earth
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by do4luv14(m): 11:05am On Sep 29, 2022
wayodude:
For the photographer, yea sure! grin

Ahhhh Bros, what are you doing here,

Abeg make we go back, Go continue the Vawulence cheesy
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by wayodude(m): 11:24am On Sep 29, 2022
do4luv14:

Ahhhh Bros, what are you doing here,

Abeg make we go back, Go continue the Vawulence cheesy

Hahahaha comrade I don tire. No more pawa for vawulence grin
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by lordally(m): 11:25am On Sep 29, 2022
Buyalltools:
I did my wedding in 2017 with lesser than 300k.
I was financially capable to throw a party, rent hall and all that but that's what I want.
No reception.
Food was packaged in Take-away and shared to people after church program then we go home straight.
I had lesser 20 people direct invite, no extended family. My brother, 2 sisters, my mum and 2 of my friends

Confirm!!

4 Likes

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by livinbygrace: 11:30am On Sep 29, 2022
ZUBY77:
A wedding in Nigeria can cost 150,000 if you want.

That’s only if you are marrying from the South West,anything beyond south Western part expect to spend millions .
Marriage list alone will give you heart attach if you are not strong not to talk of entertainment etc
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by Beverlyjean(f): 11:33am On Sep 29, 2022
Sweetplum:
Yes if your in-law are cooperating and you didn't rent hall or do decoration. You higher a photographer that ll collect like N50K only for pics or at worst N80K for photo and video. Some photographers are considerate n ll still give mini n quality delivery. Don't buy alcoholic drinks. Only few soft drinks. Invite not more than 50 people from both families or at worst 80 people.
Pick dress that's not more than N100K for both husband and wife. N60K for wife's gown and native, N40K for husband's suit and native. Some tailors no go charge more than N25K-N30K for wedding gown. You can make it as simple as you can. No tail, no peticoat or any expensive additive and the native can be procured from the smallest lace. No go buy aso-oke o! While husband can get N25K-N30K suit and N10K for native.
Finally, if the bride price and list of items to buy are not more than N100K-N150K.
Then the wedding is set.
Last Bullet
What makes wedding to be expensive is overdoing. If you know your budget, your wedding ll hold within it. If it passed it, it shouldn't be more money which you can easily augment after the wedding.

I m a wedding planner. Mail me @ sweetplumnija@gmail.com to help you plan your wedding from contacting a photographer to event deco, cloths, food, etc.

A patronage ll wow you.

Ask ur friends to do work of the photographer with their phones

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by 2goodbobo(m): 11:43am On Sep 29, 2022
There is a budget for every wedding . It all depends on you and how you want it.
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by saintkel(m): 11:45am On Sep 29, 2022
Godoverevery:

Break down of my budget.
Venue 300k
Food and drinks 500k
Decoration etc 200
Photo and video 200k
Unforseen expenses 200k

guy to be honest....I am not married till date cos of d fear of wedding.....
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by extol1(m): 11:45am On Sep 29, 2022
Sirchiboy:
Did my wedding 100k this year
2443 abeg which state make i con pick one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by BigBashiru: 11:56am On Sep 29, 2022
HomoSapiien:
is a flamboyant wedding a necessity for a successful marriage?

Ask them ooooo....crowd behavior....they doing because everyone else is doing.....
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by toluvibe: 11:58am On Sep 29, 2022
You never ready for wedding....you beta go give your wife belle and spend d money on baby things grin grin
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by jojothaiv(m): 12:05pm On Sep 29, 2022
obembet:
Source: obembet
Another interesting thread, could you please help with a link to Joetttimua1811 thread, there's something about their POV.
It's realistic and devoid of social media high horse.

Cc.
Donpata
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by jojothaiv(m): 12:09pm On Sep 29, 2022
Buyalltools:
I did my wedding in 2017 with lesser than 300k.
I was financially capable to throw a party, rent hall and all that but that's what I want.
No reception.
Food was packaged in Take-away and shared to people after church program then we go home straight.
I had lesser 20 people direct invite, no extended family. My brother, 2 sisters, my mum and 2 of my friends
You be correct man and your wife na one in a billion..

1 Like

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by adecz: 12:11pm On Sep 29, 2022
Sweetplum:
Then the wedding is set.
Last Bullet

A patronage ll wow you.

So, no arrangement for food
and drinks at the wedding abi?❓
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by pocom35: 12:11pm On Sep 29, 2022
Are white weddings compulsory

even the western people only do white weddings as it is their tradition.
we black people will do our traditional own come add white one join.

as for me I'm only consigned about the traditional wedding

white/church wedding should rest.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Cute Daughter Of A Proud Afonja & Pretty Igbo Is 2yrs Today / Photos From The Wedding Of A Popular Nairalander. / Obasanjo Wedding Pics:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.