Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,367 members, 7,819,319 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? - Events (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? (28296 Views)

Biker Arrives His Wedding In Style (Photo, Video) / Fear Grips Crowd As Weird-Looking Men Storm A Wedding Reception (Video) / Female 'Best Man' Steals The Show At Her Brother's Wedding In Akwa Ibom. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by josielewa(m): 12:12pm On Sep 29, 2022
obembet:

When did u start? I seems most Nigerian engaged in it o and it will come with big price cos of it's utility
i started January with 5 referrals.i just believe it cos no ad on the app, and the free bitco they give people. how many you ve gotten...its looking like the launch date will be shifted...you must be on discord...
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by obembet(f): 12:12pm On Sep 29, 2022
jojothaiv:

Another interesting thread, could you please help with a link to Joetttimua1811 thread, there's something about their POV.
It's realistic and devoid of social media high horse.

Cc.
Donpata

https://www.nairaland.com/5839682/how-wedding-500k
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by sniperr007(m): 12:12pm On Sep 29, 2022
obembet:
I read about how Nairalanders Joetttimua1811manage just #500k for his wedding in 2020 which I really appreciate how he manage himself without own anybody.

Believe me, When it comes to celebrating the union of a man and woman, trust Nigerians not to hold back on providing the best food and drinks, renting a spacious hall, and indirectly telling a friend to say to another friend about the event.

While Nigerian weddings are mostly seen as an opportunity to celebrate with the couple and get free food, the truth is that they are financially demanding. It is in the sense that planning a wedding is not cheap.

With the economic setbacks being experienced in the country, we need to secure our financial future. So, in case you are hoping to one day stand at an altar wearing a suit or bridal gown, here is an insight on how to plan a wedding with a budget of 700,000 or even less.

So With a hypothetical guest list of 100 to 150 people including ( mogbo, moya ) kindly drop your breakdown budget of #700k include weeding attire and shoes for bride and groom, stationary and souvenirs, reception venues and decorations, food and drinks and miscellaneous.

Nairalanders, kindly help somebody with good calculations.

Source: obembet

Wedding can cost 50k in Nigeria. Depends on what you want.
If you do wedding inside house and pastor bless you guys and go.

You guy use your phones to snap. Na still wedding be that.

Must you call crowd for wedding?

My take is if you can't recover the amount spent during the wedding either from gifts or cash.

Don't do any ceremony.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Sep 29, 2022
adecz:

So, no entertainment for the wedding abi?❓
Call Ayefele with N5m naa. Pay him the whole N700K as deposit if one talking drummer ll show up!

1 Like

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by obembet(f): 12:13pm On Sep 29, 2022
josielewa:
i started January with 5 referrals.i just believe it cos no ad on the app, and the free bitcoin they give people. how many you ve gotten...

Can u guess the price... Remove. That bold word so that bot will no ban u
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by adecz: 12:17pm On Sep 29, 2022
Sweetplum:

Call Ayefele with N5m naa. Pay him the whole N700K as deposit if one talking drummer ll show up!

Be entertainment, I generally
meant food and drinks for reception.
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by josielewa(m): 12:18pm On Sep 29, 2022
obembet:

Can u guess the price... Remove. That bold word so that bot will no ban u
i don't (know yet...but some are saying 200$, but my hope is on 50$ at least.... there is another project on the horizon...i can give you a link....
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by obembet(f): 12:19pm On Sep 29, 2022
josielewa:
i don't (know yet...but some are saying 200$, but my hope is on 50$ at least....

$50 is not bad, I will delegate it, I hope u know how to delegate
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by josielewa(m): 12:20pm On Sep 29, 2022
obembet:

$50 is not bad, I will delegate it, I hope u know how to delegate
sure...i know the in and out...
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 29, 2022
adecz:

Be entertainment, I generally
meant food and drinks for reception.

I don add am up.
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by DryMouth: 12:22pm On Sep 29, 2022
Better to do a very small wedding party with friends and save up to 500k..
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by Yankee101: 12:30pm On Sep 29, 2022
Yes, why not?
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by irririchris(m): 12:40pm On Sep 29, 2022
How true is this?

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by Adext4sure(m): 1:01pm On Sep 29, 2022
Sighted! wink
Sweetplum:
Yes if your in-law are cooperating and you didn't rent hall or do decoration. You higher a photographer that ll collect like N50K only for pics or at worst N80K for photo and video. Some photographers are considerate n ll still give mini n quality delivery. Don't buy alcoholic drinks. Only few soft drinks. Invite not more than 50 people from both families or at worst 80 people.
Pick dress that's not more than N100K for both husband and wife. N60K for wife's gown and native, N40K for husband's suit and native. Some tailors no go charge more than N25K-N30K for wedding gown. You can make it as simple as you can. No tail, no peticoat or any expensive additive and the native can be procured from the smallest lace. No go buy aso-oke o! While husband can get N25K-N30K suit and N10K for native.
Feeding and entertainment cannot exceed N250K. Call a DJ for less than N30K.
Use a free space with tent. Open field, church, mosque, shrine, etc. grin
Finally, if the bride price and list of items to buy are not more than N100K-N150K.
Then the wedding is set.
Last Bullet
What makes wedding to be expensive is overdoing. If you know your budget, your wedding ll hold within it. If it passed it, it shouldn't be more money which you can easily augment after the wedding.

I m a wedding planner. Mail me @ sweetplumnija@gmail.com to help you plan your wedding from contacting a photographer to event deco, cloths, food, etc.

A patronage ll wow you.
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by Ijaya123: 1:09pm On Sep 29, 2022
Corporate2020:
Why not? But isit for Agbado, or for Cassava, or for Ewa?

Cut your jacket according to your cloth.

Which of the three foods do you hate?
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by venabili: 1:11pm On Sep 29, 2022
noble71:
Hmmm, it all depends on what you mean by wedding, if it's traditional marriage only, it also depends on the state and tradition of the people. But generally in this Buhari economy #700k can't. If it's only Court Marriage 300k is enough.

We all keep forgeting that people marry with less than 20-30k all the time. Yes, we make look down on them as having a less serene wedding, but when your salary is 30-40k, you wont think of 700k wedding. Have u every thought of how much the woman selling ewa agoyin used in getting married? Or the one selling drinks in traffic? Whatever we spend on weddings, appart from those necessary for the legal documentation is frivolities. The whites we claim to copy wed all the time with minimal costs
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by Phylmat80(m): 1:27pm On Sep 29, 2022
It's very possible but it depend on your partner and your inlaws cooperation. The most important thing is your future as husband and wife after wedding. Avoid unnecessary waste and pressure. Good luck.
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by Bigfish121(m): 2:17pm On Sep 29, 2022
The traditional comes before the white wedding.The pastor will certainly ask if you have paid the bride price.

Godoverevery:
It depends on how you want it.

Have told my parent and fiancée my budget for my wedding is 1.5 million if anyone isn't ok with what I present feel free not to attend.

My plan is too have my white and traditional wedding on the same day.

A nice venue of of 300k will used for both ......in the morning a pastor will conduct the white wedding ceremony with few people from both family.

From 1pm the traditional wedding and reception will hold at the same time.

Break down of my budget.
Venue 300k
Food and drinks 500k
Decoration etc 200
Photo and video 200k
Unforseen expenses 200k

I no my parent will want something bigger but any money they drop won't be spent on my wedding.
The clothes will be using is not an issh.

I could easily have a wedding of 3million budget with few support from my sibling and parent but nah.

Left to me I won't even have any wedding ceremony..
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by NohurryInLife: 2:18pm On Sep 29, 2022
Iwedunloye:
Just give her Belle, reject it at first and after much begging you accepted, they will surely do the Marriage your way…No money wasting again.
You be werey grin
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Sep 29, 2022
If families are less greedy especially the bride.
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by Bigfish121(m): 2:38pm On Sep 29, 2022
Highest 2.5m.
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by Qatar2022: 3:07pm On Sep 29, 2022
obembet:
I read about how Nairalanders Joetttimua1811manage just #500k for his wedding in 2020 which I really appreciate how he manage himself without own anybody.

Believe me, When it comes to celebrating the union of a man and woman, trust Nigerians not to hold back on providing the best food and drinks, renting a spacious hall, and indirectly telling a friend to say to another friend about the event.

While Nigerian weddings are mostly seen as an opportunity to celebrate with the couple and get free food, the truth is that they are financially demanding. It is in the sense that planning a wedding is not cheap.

With the economic setbacks being experienced in the country, we need to secure our financial future. So, in case you are hoping to one day stand at an altar wearing a suit or bridal gown, here is an insight on how to plan a wedding with a budget of 700,000 or even less.

So With a hypothetical guest list of 100 to 150 people including ( mogbo, moya ) kindly drop your breakdown budget of #700k include weeding attire and shoes for bride and groom, stationary and souvenirs, reception venues and decorations, food and drinks and miscellaneous.

Yes even 50k is enough
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by ExudeLoveToAll: 3:14pm On Sep 29, 2022
07kjb:

U are a billionaire spent only 100k in your wedding,THIS SIMPLY MEANS THAT U ARE WICKED

UR BILLIONS ARE GONNA DEPART FROM U SOON

Are you the one that worked his billions for him to dictate how to spend it? Lol

There is no rule in life, what ever rule you give your self is the best rule. Make the pace for yourself and allow others do theirs

The guy is actually 'a good wicked guy' lol, na my brother be that ooooo. Got same mentality, I dictate my pace no one does it for me.
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by roughdiamond(m): 3:15pm On Sep 29, 2022
Apart from the wedding levy I paid to the church, I spent 4k for our taxi � to and fro. That's all.

1 Like

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by esther36: 3:49pm On Sep 29, 2022
OkOk...
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by Iwedunloye: 4:07pm On Sep 29, 2022
NohurryInLife:

You be werey grin

I can’t give myself unnecessary pressure because of marriage wey I no dey sure say it go last

1 Like

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by Sweetvie: 4:36pm On Sep 29, 2022
Yes, it all depends on what you want grin
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by hamouston91(m): 4:50pm On Sep 29, 2022
Sweetplum:
Yes if your in-law are cooperating and you didn't rent hall or do decoration. You higher a photographer that ll collect like N50K only for pics or at worst N80K for photo and video. Some photographers are considerate n ll still give mini n quality delivery. Don't buy alcoholic drinks. Only few soft drinks. Invite not more than 50 people from both families or at worst 80 people.
Pick dress that's not more than N100K for both husband and wife. N60K for wife's gown and native, N40K for husband's suit and native. Some tailors no go charge more than N25K-N30K for wedding gown. You can make it as simple as you can. No tail, no peticoat or any expensive additive and the native can be procured from the smallest lace. No go buy aso-oke o! While husband can get N25K-N30K suit and N10K for native.
Finally, if the bride price and list of items to buy are not more than N100K-N150K.
Then the wedding is set.
Last Bullet
What makes wedding to be expensive is overdoing. If you know your budget, your wedding ll hold within it. If it passed it, it shouldn't be more money which you can easily augment after the wedding.

I m a wedding planner. Mail me @ sweetplumnija@gmail.com to help you plan your wedding from contacting a photographer to event deco, cloths, food, etc.

A patronage ll wow you.

You don chop be this o. Congratulations!
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by Wwwq: 5:01pm On Sep 29, 2022
Yes
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by Joetttimua1811(m): 5:16pm On Sep 29, 2022
obembet:

Re check the story oooooo
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by NohurryInLife: 6:13pm On Sep 29, 2022
[i][/i]
Iwedunloye:

I can’t give myself unnecessary pressure because of marriage wey I no dey sure say it go last
So, na to just use belle take enter the babe family. Once them see belle, everything go easy grin grin
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by ElBenny(m): 7:54pm On Sep 29, 2022
So who go anchor the reception? Na goat? grin
Sweetplum:
Then the wedding is set.
Last Bullet

A patronage ll wow you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Cute Daughter Of A Proud Afonja & Pretty Igbo Is 2yrs Today / Photos From The Wedding Of A Popular Nairalander. / Obasanjo Wedding Pics:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.