Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,196 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Proxy Marriage, Is It Recognized under the Nigerian Law ? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Proxy Marriage, Is It Recognized under the Nigerian Law ? (5080 Views)

She Recognized Me After Sixteen Years. / Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? / She Recognized His Voice.... I Don't Understand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Proxy Marriage, Is It Recognized under the Nigerian Law ? by GMcompere: 11:47am On Aug 15, 2011
Am just curious oh
I need lawyers to confirm if marriage conducted in absentia of both bride and groom is recognized under the the Nigerian marriage act.

Thanks
Re: Proxy Marriage, Is It Recognized under the Nigerian Law ? by MrCork17: 2:03pm On Aug 15, 2011
GMcompere:

Am just curious oh
I need lawyers to confirm if marriage conducted in absentia of both bride and groom is recognized under the the Nigerian marriage act.

Thanks

Bro. Are you lookin for papers? undecided
Re: Proxy Marriage, Is It Recognized under the Nigerian Law ? by GMcompere: 2:18pm On Aug 15, 2011
@Mr Cork

Which papers are you talking about, I have punch, this day and business day newspapers, please be specific oh
Re: Proxy Marriage, Is It Recognized under the Nigerian Law ? by MMM2(m): 6:40pm On Aug 15, 2011
op
re u a yahoo boy angry
Re: Proxy Marriage, Is It Recognized under the Nigerian Law ? by Tosinville(m): 6:46pm On Aug 15, 2011
Proxy marriage? how about Http marriage?
Re: Proxy Marriage, Is It Recognized under the Nigerian Law ? by tpia5: 6:54pm On Aug 15, 2011
are you mr "edo prince" @ poster. angry

or just doing his footwork for him. angry

1 Like

Re: Proxy Marriage, Is It Recognized under the Nigerian Law ? by GMcompere: 4:21pm On Aug 16, 2011
Too much questions??

The question is directed to lawyers and if you are not one, please read along .
Re: Proxy Marriage, Is It Recognized under the Nigerian Law ? by tpia5: 4:29pm On Aug 16, 2011
^^are you too cheap to get an actual lawyer and too slow lazy to do your own legwork?
Re: Proxy Marriage, Is It Recognized under the Nigerian Law ? by GMcompere: 3:20pm On Aug 18, 2011
@Tipia

Your answers: Nope, am not cheap and definitely not lazy.

I have spoken with two lawyers already and they seem to have two different views and I also did some researches as well. Part of which is posting this topic on Nairaland and was really expecting knowledgeable and matured people to respond. I was not expecting an immature, empty head like you to post a message on this thread.
Re: Proxy Marriage, Is It Recognized under the Nigerian Law ? by tpia5: 3:53pm On Aug 18, 2011
Its insults now?

I'm immature and empty but i'm not the one opening s.tupid threads on the internet.
Re: Proxy Marriage, Is It Recognized under the Nigerian Law ? by GMcompere: 4:23pm On Aug 18, 2011
Insults?? naah.

By the way its not a stupid question. Its not a crime not to have any information on the question, but it is when you don't and yet insult the poster with your silly question. I already answered them anyway.

Please read along.

(1) (Reply)

Me And My Gf(pics Inside) / I'm Feeling So Lonely Even In My Relationship... I Want To Comit Suicide / Are You A 30 Seconds Man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.