Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,163 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:03 AM

Marriage Is Very Expensive(no Go Let Person Whine U Ooo). - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marriage Is Very Expensive(no Go Let Person Whine U Ooo). (4360 Views)

I Took The Delivery Of My Very Expensive Bed(photo) / Men, Learn How To Cook, Make Women No Do Shakara 4 U Ooo. / "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Is Very Expensive(no Go Let Person Whine U Ooo). by Truvelisback(m): 5:59pm On Oct 20, 2022
obinna58:
True sha
I know several ladies who aborted for their guys because of these. The cost of feeding one's self is not even easy how much more catering for wife and children, paying rent, hospital bills etc.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marriage Is Very Expensive(no Go Let Person Whine U Ooo). by okunwaye(m): 8:16pm On Oct 20, 2022
This kind writing fit blind eye o shocked

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Very Expensive(no Go Let Person Whine U Ooo). by Nonexisting1: 8:31pm On Oct 20, 2022
Marriage shouldn't be more expensive than singlehood at least until children get involved. What I spend as a single man on food alone should not be spent by married couple if the wife get sense. I spend it because I see it though but I know it's not right especially under Buhari time.

4 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Very Expensive(no Go Let Person Whine U Ooo). by Sacrosanct12(m): 8:47pm On Oct 20, 2022
Zonefree:
Have you been married before?
yeah he has, but it is to "common sense"

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Very Expensive(no Go Let Person Whine U Ooo). by Truvelisback(m): 9:32pm On Oct 20, 2022
okunwaye:
This kind writing fit blind eye o shocked
Bro.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Marriage Is Very Expensive(no Go Let Person Whine U Ooo). by Truvelisback(m): 9:37pm On Oct 20, 2022
Nonexisting1:
Marriage shouldn't be more expensive than singlehood at least until children get involved. What I spend as a single man on food alone should not be spent by married couple if the wife get sense. I spend it because I see it though but I know it's not right especially under Buhari time.
Singlehood is abit safer atleast u are only feeding ur mouth and fending for urself but when u become a family man with wife and children, na that time u go know say no be Bobo. And if u don't have a good job or if ur earning is poor, na Double wahala for u be that.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Very Expensive(no Go Let Person Whine U Ooo). by Nonexisting1: 10:03pm On Oct 20, 2022
Truvelisback:
Singlehood is abit safer atleast u are only feeding ur mouth and fending for urself but when u become a family man with wife and children, na that time u go know say no be Bobo. And if u don't have a good job or if ur earning is poor, na Double wahala for u be that.
Without children, I can spend less to feed myself and a wife than what I currently spend to feed myself alone as long as she has sense. If you see the amount of fish and stock fish in my plate of abacha, no wife will allow that rather she will use them to prepare better meal several times thereby saving cost. What I spend in preparing one meal, she will spend in preparing five meals. Cooking gas usage may increase a little but will not have significant difference.

4 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Very Expensive(no Go Let Person Whine U Ooo). by Truvelisback(m): 10:07pm On Oct 20, 2022
Nonexisting1:
Without children, I can spend less to feed myself and a wife than what I currently spend to feed myself alone as long as she has sense. If you see the amount of fish and stock fish in my plate of abacha, no wife will allow that rather she will use them to prepare better meal several times thereby saving cost. What I spend in preparing one meal, she will spend in preparing five meals. Cooking gas usage may increase a little but will not have significant difference.
That means, u hold side be that na.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Very Expensive(no Go Let Person Whine U Ooo). by Nonexisting1: 10:20pm On Oct 20, 2022
Truvelisback:
That means, u hold side be that na.
Far from it. I'm just a single guy with good and steady source of income so it's normal that Buhari weather isn't hitting me too hard. Add children to my life now and you will see me start struggling like everyone else. grin

7 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Very Expensive(no Go Let Person Whine U Ooo). by ukaface(f): 10:54pm On Oct 20, 2022
Burdenbearer:
How do they portray sexism upanda? Na how many women dey do head of family?
it will shock you if you know

You sha see ' some' for my comment
Re: Marriage Is Very Expensive(no Go Let Person Whine U Ooo). by Truvelisback(m): 7:14am On Oct 21, 2022
Nonexisting1:
Far from it. I'm just a single guy with good and steady source of income so it's normal that Buhari weather isn't hitting me too hard. Add children to my life now and you will see me start struggling like everyone else. grin
Alright, that means u would need a lady that is ready to split the responsibilities and heavy laden with u so that u will have rest.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Very Expensive(no Go Let Person Whine U Ooo). by Nonexisting1: 5:46pm On Oct 21, 2022
Truvelisback:
Alright, that means u would need a lady that is ready to split the responsibilities and heavy laden with u so that u will have rest.
Nope. I don't need any vaginarian except for 15minutes sex, not planning to die young abeg.

4 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Very Expensive(no Go Let Person Whine U Ooo). by ufuosman(m): 6:45pm On Oct 21, 2022
Exactly bt is something man need to do. Sometimes waiting for the money it may not come and young handsome guy is getting old grin grin

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Very Expensive(no Go Let Person Whine U Ooo). by Truvelisback(m): 7:10pm On Oct 21, 2022
ufuosman:
Exactly bt is something man need to do. Sometimes waiting for the money it may not come and young handsome guy is getting old grin grin
People who married during GEJ govt are really lucky. Right now, our currency is hopelessly useless. grin
Re: Marriage Is Very Expensive(no Go Let Person Whine U Ooo). by ObalendeCMS: 8:23pm On Oct 21, 2022
Iā€™m really not scared of the expenses but Iā€™m scared of the beech that may try to hoodwink me into marriage. Especially, naija girl. Damn!!

4 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Very Expensive(no Go Let Person Whine U Ooo). by ufuosman(m): 8:32pm On Oct 21, 2022
Truvelisback:
People who married during GEJ govt are really lucky. Right now, our currency is hopelessly useless. grin
over lucky bt still on still men go still do am grin
Re: Marriage Is Very Expensive(no Go Let Person Whine U Ooo). by wumi2017(f): 8:42pm On Oct 21, 2022
Hunmmmmm
Re: Marriage Is Very Expensive(no Go Let Person Whine U Ooo). by Nobody: 10:01pm On Oct 21, 2022
Truvelisback:
Good day, fellas. Wedding may be Cheap(of which i still doubt) but u see marriage, no go there. it is very, very expensive. No go let person whine u oooo. There is a place i used to buy food every morning B4 going to work. The woman has abt 6 to 7 girls who are unmarried. One of the girls has been giving me green light and she like me so much and her mum do too. So, this morning, she summoned up courage to ask me: Which of her sisters i like and won't i get married? She asked me in the presence of her mum. I bluntly told her that i would love to marry any of them but the horrible state of the country has made marriage a very huge stress and burden. That's why i haven't put marriage into consideration for now. Honestly speaking, if i were as rich as Dangote or as Ned Nwoko, i would have married them all. Bro, Marriage is very, very expensive, no go let person whine u ooo. If not for child bearing or sex, single life would have been the Best.

are u normal? so if they call out normal human beings to come out u 2 would show face? this ur debate how does it oppose or support the notion which says that getting married in Nigeria is expensive, Mr Offpoint

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Very Expensive(no Go Let Person Whine U Ooo). by Laturuturu: 10:07pm On Oct 21, 2022
Truvelisback:
Good day, fellas. Wedding may be Cheap(of which i still doubt) but u see marriage, no go there. it is very, very expensive. No go let person whine u oooo. There is a place i used to buy food every morning B4 going to work. The woman has abt 6 to 7 girls who are unmarried. One of the girls has been giving me green light and she like me so much and her mum do too. So, this morning, she summoned up courage to ask me: Which of her sisters i like and won't i get married? She asked me in the presence of her mum. I bluntly told her that i would love to marry any of them but the horrible state of the country has made marriage a very huge stress and burden. That's why i haven't put marriage into consideration for now. Honestly speaking, if i were as rich as Dangote or as Ned Nwoko, i would have married them all. Bro, Marriage is very, very expensive, no go let person whine u ooo. If not for child bearing or sex, single life would have been the Best.

Marriage favours women.. it's a call to duty for men.

4 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Very Expensive(no Go Let Person Whine U Ooo). by Truvelisback(m): 10:41pm On Oct 21, 2022
Heathrow44:

are u normal? so if they call out normal human beings to come out u 2 would show face? this ur debate how does it oppose or support the notion which says that getting married in Nigeria is expensive, Mr Offpoint
U dey Craze.
Re: Marriage Is Very Expensive(no Go Let Person Whine U Ooo). by Cinema4d: 10:41pm On Oct 21, 2022
This generation and weak men. Who says marriage is cheap before? Let's not dive into this narrative. I'm pissed... but please, stop scaring people. If you want to marry, marry. If you don't want to, grow up!

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Very Expensive(no Go Let Person Whine U Ooo). by Truvelisback(m): 10:51pm On Oct 21, 2022
Cinema4d:
This generation and weak men. Who says marriage is cheap before? Let's not dive into this narrative. I'm pissed... but please, stop scaring people. If you want to marry, marry. If you don't want to, grow up!
I'm not scaring anyone. I said these because of some guys who don't know what they are entering. I just want them to know that marriage comes with huge responsibilities and whosoever that wants to go into it must be well prepared to avoid experiencing severe hardship or suffering or to expose their unborn kids to severe hardship or suffering.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Very Expensive(no Go Let Person Whine U Ooo). by Truvelisback(m): 10:54pm On Oct 21, 2022
ufuosman:
over lucky bt still on still men go still do am grin
True.
Re: Marriage Is Very Expensive(no Go Let Person Whine U Ooo). by Cinema4d: 11:18pm On Oct 21, 2022
Truvelisback:
I'm not scaring anyone. I said these because of some guys who don't know what they are entering. I just want them to know that marriage comes with huge responsibilities and whosoever that wants to go into it must be well prepared to avoid experiencing severe hardship or suffering or to expose their unborn kids to severe hardship or suffering.
You know in life, we study our entire life for the least important thing which is going to school to become a scholar and then, get a job.

But, the most important aspect we actually need to educate ourselves succinctly about, we ignore.
Financial intelligence,
How money works,
Relationship,
Business,
Beliefs, etc...

We don't study these things! We just assume and try to speculate. Parents on the other hand don't even know how to explain these things. They cage you for years and expect you know these things automatically.

An average Nigerian within the age range of 20-25 knows absolutely nothing about relationship! Quote me anywhere. They just keep dating and by the time they clock 29, reality starts to set in; responsibilities, relationship status, financial independence... people actually expect you to be accountable at this age range. If you like come online and write "1000" words to oppose the motion, reality won't argue with you!

Let me stop here. I can keep going on and on.

Marriage is not for kids. Kids are getting married these days, it's why marriages don't Last! And by kids, I not talking about age.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Is Very Expensive(no Go Let Person Whine U Ooo). by seniorgozman(m): 11:34pm On Oct 21, 2022
I agree with the Op, if not for children, I prefer my single life.

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Very Expensive(no Go Let Person Whine U Ooo). by pansophist(m): 1:02am On Oct 22, 2022
Nonexisting1:

Exactly what I'm thinking. It's cheaper if two people live in one flat, eat/Cook together, and do household spendings as one. In this regards, marriage shouldn't be expensive.

The expense in marriage only comes when one person (especially the women) enter it for the wrong reasons. To such women, marriage is like a one-way vacation to Miami, to enjoy till thy kingdom come.

If you meet such women, please leave them for the politicians, alhajis and Yahoo boys that they deserve. But if you meet a good woman, don't waste time, wife her up sharply. Virginity is generally a benchmark of a woman that is good and have such potential.

6 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Very Expensive(no Go Let Person Whine U Ooo). by pansophist(m): 1:07am On Oct 22, 2022
seniorgozman:

But marriage is because of children. In that way, both the man and the woman pays their price. He provide and protect, while she bears children for him.

The most foolish man in the world is the one that get to marry a single mother, and doesn't want his own kids. Then he works hard to grow another man's vine yard, and can be ejected anytime since he is the non-biological one in the mix. All his sacrifices, gone.

Even if a man must raise another man's child, then adoption is the right path, which is honourable and no paternal conflicts. Love and romance is sweet, but it doesn't live after you. Your kids does.

A woman usually will ignore men she is naturally attracted to, to marry a man that can provide and protect, because this is what truly matters. Feelings are vain. Do feelings, but your eyes should be on the ball.

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Marriage Is Very Expensive(no Go Let Person Whine U Ooo). by Truvelisback(m): 6:47am On Oct 22, 2022
pansophist:

But marriage is because of children. In that way, both the man and the woman pays their price. He provide and protect, while she bears children for him.

The most foolish man in the world is the one that get to marry a single mother, and doesn't want his own kids. Then he works hard to grow another man's vine yard, and can be ejected anytime since he is the non-biological one in the mix. All his sacrifices, gone.

Even if a man must raise another man's child, then adoption is the right path, which is honourable and no paternal conflicts. Love and romance is sweet, but it doesn't live after you. Your kids does.

A woman usually will ignore men she is naturally attracted to, to marry a man that can provide and protect, because this is what truly matters. Feelings are vain. Do feelings, but your eyes should be on the ball.
Ugly truth.

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Very Expensive(no Go Let Person Whine U Ooo). by Truvelisback(m): 7:03am On Oct 22, 2022
seniorgozman:
Last month or 2 months ago, a friend of mine, all the way from Lagos travelled to Akwa-ibom to do introduction for a lady he met online. When my guy came back, he started complaining to me that he was damn broke because of the expenses. Na only introduction, my guy done broke, what if wedding and marriage come invovle? This same guy even intended to buy a sewing machine for this lady(na only God know whether him don secretly buy am). So, last week, this my guy told me that this lady told him that her ex or someone she was in a relationship with is still seeing her. This guy had been helping her in her school fees and her Personal needs with money. Note: This my guy na just school driver wey just wan manage life. I was even advising him to marry a working class lady/financially independent lady or a working class lady that live in his enviroment or that lives in Lagos.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Is Very Expensive(no Go Let Person Whine U Ooo). by Burdenbearer: 11:55am On Oct 22, 2022
ukaface:
it will shock you if you know

You sha see ' some' for my comment
Some of these ladies are very few and rare to find. The few ones i have met used to disrespect or turn their husband to errand boy or a houseboy.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Very Expensive(no Go Let Person Whine U Ooo). by seniorgozman(m): 12:15pm On Oct 22, 2022
Truvelisback:
Last month or 2 months ago, a friend of mine, all the way from Lagos travelled to Akwa-ibom to do introduction for a lady he met online. When my guy came back, he started complaining to me that he was damn broke because of the expenses. Na only introduction, my guy done broke, what if wedding and marriage come invovle? This same guy even intended to buy a sewing machine for this lady(na only God know whether him don secretly buy am). So, last week, this my guy told me that this lady told him that her ex or someone she was in a relationship with is still seeing her. This guy had been helping her in her school fees and her Personal needs with money. Note: This my guy na just school driver wey just wan manage life. I was even advising him to marry a working class lady/financially independent lady or a working class lady that in his enviroment or that lives in Lagos.
Nawa oo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I'M Tired Of Hoes(hoes Everywhere) / I Left Her At The Eatery Were We Went To Have Dinner, Was I Wrong. / Which of These Is Your Love Language(s) ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.