Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,445 members, 7,823,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:12 PM

Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 (4922 Views)

16 Ways To Choose A Wife, According To The Bible / Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! / Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:39pm On Oct 28, 2022
cornelboy:

Baba go and sleep.
All the ten commandments, burnt offerings, sin offering, Sabbath worship etc is not religion right?

I've known him for long, he thinks there's this chances of sitting on the fence that's why i'm telling him the bitter truth today! Revelations 3:15-16 wink

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 10:40pm On Oct 28, 2022
cornelboy:

Where did your God claim that his name his Truth?

If you have the Spirit of Truth, you shouldn't be asking this question.

Even the word "Spirit of Truth" already suggests your question is not one that even needs asking.

Let me guess, because your mind is already conditioned to assume Truth must be written before it is valid and complete, you are looking for a Bible verse you can hold onto cheesy

This mental conditioning and slavery sha...

Humanity has a long way to go cheesy
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 10:41pm On Oct 28, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

I've known him for long, he thinks there's this chances of sitting on the fence that's why i'm telling him the bitter truth today! Revelations 3:15-16 wink

Can you help Cornelboy with the book, chapter and verse God labelled a so called religion he gave mankind?

Please, I'm interested in the name God called it...not what man invented and labelled it as.
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by cornelboy(f): 10:41pm On Oct 28, 2022
OkCornel:

Can you give me the name God called this religion?
Book, chapter and verse.
Does it need a name for it to be a religion?

Baba keep what you know to yourself.
God gave Moses a religion. It's simple and crystal clear.
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by Kobojunkie: 10:42pm On Oct 28, 2022
cornelboy:

Baba go and sleep.
All the ten commandments, burnt offerings, sin offering, Sabbath worship etc is not religion right?
God didn't give men a religion. He instead gave the Israelites a Law and constitution for loving in the Kingdom of Canaan and nation of Israel. Religion is instead what men cooked up of that which God gave to them as a way of controlling their fellow men. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 10:42pm On Oct 28, 2022
cornelboy:

What about the people practising Jesus' teachings and commandments? Is their way of worship not a religion?

Be like say you don't know what a religion is.

It's not hard nau, show me the book, chapter and verse Jesus gave a name for this so called religion.

It's so hilarious when you can't differentiate TRUTH from religion.

I'm still awaiting the name of this "religion" that Jesus called it.
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 10:43pm On Oct 28, 2022
Kobojunkie:
God didn't give men a religion. He instead gave the Israelites a Law and constitution for loving in the Kingdom of Canaan and nation of Israel. Religion is instead what men cooked up of that which God gave to them as a way of controlling their fellow men. undecided

Thank you.

Men keep making a false religion from God's Laws and Instructions.

Religious people ended up killing Jesus who brought the TRUTH to them. Just as how they've killed the prophets before Jesus
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by Kobojunkie: 10:44pm On Oct 28, 2022
cornelboy:

What about the people practising Jesus' teachings and commandments? Is their way of worship not a religion?

Be like say you don't know what a religion is.
Jesus Christ did not give a religion to individuals. What He instead gave to each man is an agreement and constitution in the Kingdom of God by which they are meant to live their lives. undecided

Men , again, cooked up a religion in order to wield control over their fellow men using the name of God.. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 10:45pm On Oct 28, 2022
cornelboy:

Does it need a name for it to be a religion?

Baba keep what you know to yourself.
God gave Moses a religion. It's simple and crystal clear.

Oh...now you can't find the name for this so called "religion" God gave men abi?

Now let me ask you a basic and straightforward question.

If your Father gives you "laws and instructions" on how to live a certain lifestyle. Is that religion?
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:49pm On Oct 28, 2022
OkCornel:

Can you help Cornelboy with the book, chapter and verse God labelled a so called religion he gave mankind?

Please, I'm interested in the name God called it...not what man invented and labelled it as.

“You are my witnesses,” declares Jehovah, Isaiah 43:10

JEHOVAH allowed Satan and his agents to roll in the quagmire of deceit using the borrowed group name "CHRISTIANS" for centuries until 1931 when JEHOVAH began calling us by another name: JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES! Isaiah 65:15 wink

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by cornelboy(f): 10:49pm On Oct 28, 2022
OkCornel:

If you have the Spirit of Truth, you should be asking this question.
Even the word "Spirit of Truth" already suggests your question is not one that even needs asking.
, you are looking for a Bible verse you can hold onto cheesy
Humanity has a long way to go cheesy
Be like say you don dé kolo small small.

Let me guess, because your mind is already conditioned to assume Truth must be written before it is valid and complete

I never denied or argued the existence of God.
God is always complete.

Na you dé disturb your brain with "TRUTH" palaver.

The Bible is enough to know the TRUTH about God and his salvation plan for mankind.

Whatever truth you know, keep it to yourself or you can share it here of you think it'd be beneficial to us?
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 10:50pm On Oct 28, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

“You are my witnesses,” declares Jehovah, Isaiah 43:10

JEHOVAH allowed Satan and his agents to roll in the quagmire of deceit using the borrowed group name "CHRISTIANS" for centuries until 1931 when JEHOVAH began calling us by another name: JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES! Isaiah 65:15 wink

Jehovah Witness is a religion?

Sorry, let's break this down.

If you are witness for God...is that a religion?

In literal terms, are witnesses automatically religious people?
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:53pm On Oct 28, 2022
OkCornel:

Jehovah Witness is a religion?
Sorry, let's break this down.
If you are witness for God...is that a religion?
In literal terms, are witnesses automatically religious people?

Religion is whatever brings people from different races, classes and works of life to practice the same thing in the name of a deity.

So JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES is a religion! wink

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by cornelboy(f): 10:55pm On Oct 28, 2022
OkCornel:

Oh...now you can't find the name for this so called "religion" God gave men abi?
Now let me ask you a basic and straightforward question.
If your Father gives you "laws and instructions" on how to live a certain lifestyle. Is that religion?
According to the dictionary definition of "religion", the commandments and way of worship Jehovah gave Moses is a religion.
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 10:56pm On Oct 28, 2022
cornelboy:

Be like say you don dé kolo small small.

I never denied or argued the existence of God.
God is always complete.

Na you dé disturb your brain with "TRUTH" palaver.

The Bible is enough to know the TRUTH about God and his salvation plan for mankind.

Whatever truth you know, keep it to yourself or you can share it here of you think it'd be beneficial to us?

MaxinDHouse, is this how Jehovah Witnesses conduct themselves on this forum? I expect better. Or perhaps, I'm expecting too much from someone who can no longer hold an intellectually stimulating and spiritual discussion.

Cornelboy You can scamper off to your 66 books. This discussion is definitely beyond what your mind can handle.

Just to think the same you asked for this earlier cheesy

cornelboy:

If you have the spirit of truth in you and it's revealing more truth to you, good for you.
You can share them here, perhaps we might benefit from it.

And you just proved my response below to be right cheesy

OkCornel:

Until you are mentally reborn, you will struggle with deeper realms of TRUTH.
One who is still mentally stuck with written TRUTH (66 books and counting) wants to wade into deeper realms of TRUTH (unwritten)?
Unless the Spirit of TRUTH is your compass, sharing these with you might be an exercise in futility.

E no getter for religious brainwashing.

The TRUTH is for those who want to be set free.
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 10:57pm On Oct 28, 2022
cornelboy:

According to the dictionary definition of "religion", the commandments and way of worship Jehovah gave Moses is a religion.

When your Father gives you instructions to live a certain lifestyle, it is religion abi?

Wonderful...
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by cornelboy(f): 11:00pm On Oct 28, 2022
OkCornel:

MaxinDHouse, is this how Jehovah Witnesses conduct themselves on this forum? I expect better. Or perhaps, I'm expecting too much from someone who can no longer hold an intellectually stimulating and spiritual discussion.
Cornelboy You can scamper off to your 66 books. This discussion is definitely beyond what your mind can handle.
Just to think the same you asked for this earlier cheesy
And you just proved my response to be right cheesy
Go and sleep jàre.
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by cornelboy(f): 11:01pm On Oct 28, 2022
OkCornel:

When your Father gives you instructions to live a certain lifestyle, it is religion abi?
Wonderful...
Okay
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 11:01pm On Oct 28, 2022
cornelboy:

Go and sleep jàre.

66 books lover... cheesy

Can you show us the book, chapter and verse God pegged his words at 66 books only?
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by cornelboy(f): 11:03pm On Oct 28, 2022
OkCornel:

Wonderful...
Religion is about the believe in God and process of worship.
It's different from a father to son instruction.
Don't be a dummy.
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 11:03pm On Oct 28, 2022
cornelboy:

Don't be a dummy.

I wonder whatever happened to the cliche "Christianity is not religion, but a way of life"

Yet someone is till arguing God gave religion to mankind. I just tire for some kain reasoning on this platform.
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 11:05pm On Oct 28, 2022
cornelboy:

Don't be a dummy.

You can't even differentiate Faith from religion. Dear God.

Abraham had Faith (believed) in God. Does it mean Abraham had a religion?

Who did this to you?!
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by cornelboy(f): 11:05pm On Oct 28, 2022
OkCornel:

66 books lover... cheesy
Can you show us the book, chapter and verse God pegged his words at 66 books only?
So far it's not evil to be 66 books lover I'm okay.

I'm not surprised you have nothing to share from your spirit of TRUTH. Your empty.
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by cornelboy(f): 11:07pm On Oct 28, 2022
OkCornel:

You can't even differentiate Faith from religion. Dear God.
Abraham had Faith (believed) in God. Does it mean Abraham had a religion?
Who did this to you?!
Thanks.
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 11:07pm On Oct 28, 2022
cornelboy:

So far it's not evil to be 66 books lover I'm okay.

Yeah, you can cage your "God" in the 66 books.

cornelboy:

I'm not surprised you have nothing to share from your spirit of TRUTH. Your empty.

There's nothing to share with someone who will struggle with it anyways.

You're still grappling with the basics. You can't tell the difference between Truth and religion.

Why should I show you FurtherMaths when you're still struggling with basic arithmetic?

That'll be too much for your mental capacity.
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by cornelboy(f): 11:10pm On Oct 28, 2022
OkCornel:

I wonder whatever happened to the cliche "Christianity is not religion, but a way of life"
Yet someone is till arguing God gave religion to mankind. I just tire for some kain reasoning on this platform.
Give it whatever definition you like.

Real Christians are strictly following/practising Jesus Christ teachings.
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 11:10pm On Oct 28, 2022
cornelboy:

Give it whatever definition you like.

Real Christians are strictly following/practising Jesus Christ teachings.

Have you found the book, chapter and verse for the name of the "religion" God gave mankind?
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by cornelboy(f): 11:11pm On Oct 28, 2022
OkCornel:

Yeah, you can cage your "God" in the 66 books.
There's nothing to share with someone who will struggle with it anyways.
You're still grappling with the basics. You can't tell the difference between Truth and religion.
Why should I show you FurtherMaths when you're still struggling with basic arithmetic?
That'll be too much for your mental capacity.
I'm okay with what God revealed in the Bible. It's enough for my salvation grin grin
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by cornelboy(f): 11:14pm On Oct 28, 2022
OkCornel:

Have you found the book, chapter and verse for the name of the "religion" God gave mankind?
Real Christians are following teachings of the true God smiley
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 11:35pm On Oct 28, 2022
cornelboy:

Real Christians are following teachings of the true God smiley

And did this true God mention his teachings were capped at 66 books?
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 11:57pm On Oct 28, 2022
cornelboy:

I'm okay with what God revealed in the Bible. It's enough for my salvation grin grin

If you say so...
Your growth is up to you, and your willingness to unlearn and relearn...and walk in the ways of the ALMIGHTY

That being said, the words "it's enough for my salvation" already says a lot. Think beyond yourself man...

True believers are called to establish God's kingdom on earth...and not just be content with personal salvation.
You are meant to be the salt of the earth and the light of the world. Shining the Father's love in this dark world full of hate and greed.

Not just here in this realm of existence, to count your days ... practicing religion and waiting to die.
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by LordReed(m): 1:13am On Oct 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Everyone has opinions....if we go around believing the opinions of others wouldn't that make us all imbe_ciles? undecided

Again, Paul's opinions I respect as his opinions much the same as I respect your opinions here. I do not disregard his opinions in the same way I do not disregard your opinions here. undecided

What makes Paul's writings opinions and Matthew, Mark, Luke and John not opinions? And if those 13 books are simply opinions what are they doing in a collection of supposedly the word of the god?

Also if you adamantly claim they are Paul's opinions then they are not the word of the god which means you are editorilising.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Similarities between 2014 prophecies of MFM (G•O) and RCCG general overseer / The Message Of The Kingdom Of GOD / 5 Interesting And Shocking Facts About Sunday For Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.