Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,532 members, 7,823,313 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 (4926 Views)

16 Ways To Choose A Wife, According To The Bible / Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! / Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by Kobojunkie: 1:34am On Oct 29, 2022
LordReed:
1. What makes Paul's writings opinions and Matthew, Mark, Luke and John not opinions? And if those 13 books are simply opinions what are they doing in a collection of supposedly the word of the god?

2. Also if you adamantly claim they are Paul's opinions then they are not the word of the god which means you are editorilising.
I already more than explained this numerous times. So why ask the same question again?, undecided

2. undecided
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by cornelboy(f): 2:35am On Oct 29, 2022
OkCornel:

If you say so...
Your growth is up to you, and your willingness to unlearn and relearn...and walk in the ways of the ALMIGHTY
That being said, the words "it's enough for my salvation" already says a lot. Think beyond yourself man...
True believers are called to establish God's kingdom on earth...and not just be content with personal salvation.
You are meant to be the salt of the earth and the light of the world. Shining the Father's love in this dark world full of hate and greed.
Not just here in this realm of existence, to count your days ... practicing religion and waiting to die.

I'm already walking in the ways of the almighty God Jehovah.

Where's the kingdom you're establishing? Which group of true believers do you belong? Lol.

The Jehovah witnesses are doing everything you say.
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by cornelboy(f): 2:37am On Oct 29, 2022
OkCornel:

And did this true God mention his teachings were capped at 66 books?
Doesn't matter if was capped at 1000 books.
The facts is that the Bible has sufficient truth.
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:55am On Oct 29, 2022
OkCornel:

MaxinDHouse, is this how Jehovah Witnesses conduct themselves on this forum? I expect better. Or perhaps, I'm expecting too much from someone who can no longer hold an intellectually stimulating and spiritual discussion. Cornelboy You can scamper off to your 66 books. This discussion is definitely beyond what your mind can handle.
Just to think the same you asked for this earlier cheesy
And you just proved my response below to be right cheesy
E no getter for religious brainwashing.
The TRUTH is for those who want to be set free.

You should know that each person is entitled to his or her own opinion but then you can't force your opinion on others.
You are my nice neighbour on Nairaland just as Abraham and his neighbours were nice to one another but when it comes to the God we worship the TRUTH remains that you OkCornel is not worshiping the same God with JWs.
We can continue our friendly chats on the forum just don't nurse the idea that we are on the same page when it comes to worship! smiley

2 Likes

Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:10am On Oct 29, 2022
cornelboy:

"Òògùn tí kò jẹ́ ewé ẹ̀ ló kù kan"

"Impotence in a medicine is as a result of incomplete ingredients"

But then what happens when people take overdose during meditations?

God is our Creator who knows our limitations {Psalms 103:14} so He will not give us info that is incomplete neither will He give us overdose that's why He made it clear in the Bible book of Isaiah 2:2-4 and Micah 4:1-3 that when mankind gets the perfect as in complete info this is what is expected as proof of completeness.

If you see an organization of imperfect humans performing what God said in those verses their is no need to doubt the fact that the book they're using is COMPLETE! 1Corinthians 13:10

That's why you can't find any group of people performing better than JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES because many are of the opinion that the book is worthless while others are of the opinion that it's incomplete either way they can't get the benefits of the medicine God prescribed for the healing of mankind:
The 66 little books that makes up one perfect big volume called BIBLE! smiley

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by LordReed(m): 7:37am On Oct 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I already more than explained this numerous times. So why ask the same question again?, undecided

2. undecided

I didn't ask the same question. Read my post again.

So you agree you are editorialising right?

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by Kobojunkie: 7:39am On Oct 29, 2022
LordReed:
I didn't ask the same question. Read my post again.

So you agree you are editorialising right?
Editorializing what exactly? I don't follow at all. undecided
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by cornelboy(f): 10:15am On Oct 29, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

You should know that each person is entitled to his or her own opinion but then you can't force your opinion on others.
You are my nice neighbour on Nairaland just as Abraham and his neighbours were nice to one another but when it comes to the God we worship the TRUTH remains that you OkCornel is not worshiping the same God with JWs.
We can continue our friendly chats on the forum just don't nurse the idea that we are on the same page when it comes to worship! smiley
Person wey no know wetin religion mean cheesy
Truth is his God but Jehovah is our own God.

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:18am On Oct 29, 2022
cornelboy:

Even atheists and agnostics thinks they know the truth that's why they're also here to convince others after all it's when people are convinced that they can abandon their faith for ATHEISM and of course no sane human will opt for what he or she knows is a lie.
So everyone feels they have the truth! wink

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by LordReed(m): 10:40am On Oct 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Editorializing what exactly? I don't follow at all. undecided

You state that Paul's writings are simply his opinion but the gospels are the word of the god meanwhile the whole bible is viewed as the word of god not just a part of it. That therefore means you are providing your own opinion of those 13 books of the bible.

2 Likes

Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by Kobojunkie: 2:29pm On Oct 29, 2022
LordReed:
1. You state that Paul's writings are simply his opinion but the gospels are the word of the god meanwhile the whole bible is viewed as the word of god not just a part of it.

2. That therefore means you are providing your own opinion of those 13 books of the bible.
1. Where abouts did you obtain this claim of yours from? undecided

2. You seem to be the one guilty of editorializing i am afraid. undecided
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by MiddleDimension: 2:46pm On Oct 29, 2022
OkCornel:

So God never revealed anything to humans before writing was invented?

God never revealed anything to the people that called upon his name in the days of Enosh (not Enoch)?

Genesis 4 v 26;
Seth also had a son, and he named him Enosh. At that time people began to call on the name of the LORD.

This narrow minded assumption that truth must be written before it’s validated and complete severely stunts the spiritual growth of many.

Especially when that which they call written tradition (i.e the 66 books of the bible; because those who accept the 73 or more books of the bible, generally do not think like the people who have been disturbing you here) is a product of oral tradition passed to the catechumen in oral catechism.

Luke said it in the opening part of his gospel:
''1Dear Theophilus:
Many people have done their best to write a report of the things that have taken place among us. 2They wrote what we have been told by those who saw these things from the beginning and who proclaimed the message. 3And so, your Excellency, because I have carefully studied all these matters from their beginning, I thought it would be good to write an orderly account for you.''

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by LordReed(m): 5:11pm On Oct 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Where abouts did you obtain this claim of yours from? undecided

2. You seem to be the one guilty of editorializing i am afraid. undecided

From any Christian who believes the bible is the word of the god.

LoLz. Tell me how I am editorialising.

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by Kobojunkie: 5:20pm On Oct 29, 2022
LordReed:
1. From any Christian who believes the bible is the word of the god.

2. LoLz. Tell me how I am editorialising.
1. So, from the opinions stated by individuals who claim to be Christians, this since what you claim is not documented anywhere in the Gospels? undecided

2. You are adding here your opinion as if a fact of Christianity. undecided
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 6:57am On Oct 30, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

2 Timothy 2 v 19;
Nevertheless, God’s solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: “The Lord knows those who are his,” and, “Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness.”

Dear Max, have you taken the place of the Lord to determine those who are his? Hmmm?

Are you going to be seated on the right hand of God at the end of days to determine who makes it into the kingdom or not?
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 7:07am On Oct 30, 2022
cornelboy:

Why were they removed?

It was too costly printing subsequent versions of the KJV with the Apocrypha included.

Educate yourself.

Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 7:09am On Oct 30, 2022
cornelboy:

Sufficient by whose standard? undecided
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 7:16am On Oct 30, 2022
cornelboy:

This abysmally low level of critical thinking is quite pitiable and nauseating. So, if your Father gives you certain rules and instructions to live a certain lifestyle. Is that religion?!

cornelboy:

At this rate, I thought you would have connected the dots…but I guess 66 book lovers prefer to be spoon fed.

John 14 v 6;
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, THE TRUTH, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 10 v 30;
I and the Father are one

So yes, my God is Truth…He is the Heavenly Father and the God of all flesh (not just the God of the Hebrews or JWs only)
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 7:19am On Oct 30, 2022
MiddleDimension:

Especially when that which they call written tradition (i.e the 66 books of the bible; because those who accept the 73 or more books of the bible, generally do not think like the people who have been disturbing you here) is a product of oral tradition passed to the catechumen in oral catechism.

Luke said it in the opening part of his gospel:
''1Dear Theophilus:
Many people have done their best to write a report of the things that have taken place among us. 2They wrote what we have been told by those who saw these things from the beginning and who proclaimed the message. 3And so, your Excellency, because I have carefully studied all these matters from their beginning, I thought it would be good to write an orderly account for you.''

Thanks, you understand clearly how truth evolves from unwritten to written… and how certain elements cannot be captured in writing.

Unlike those other gentlemen that think as though God wrote some books in Heaven and posted it directly to their mailbox and labelled it “the absolute and complete truth”.

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 7:29am On Oct 30, 2022
cornelboy:

I'm already walking in the ways of the almighty God Jehovah.

Where's the kingdom you're establishing? Which group of true believers do you belong? Lol.

The Jehovah witnesses are doing everything you say.

So JWs heal the sick, raise the dead etc in Jesus’ name?
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by MiddleDimension: 9:19am On Oct 30, 2022
OkCornel:

Thanks, you understand clearly how truth evolves from unwritten to written… and how certain elements cannot be captured in writing.

Unlike those other gentlemen that think as though God wrote some books in Heaven and posted it directly to their mailbox and labelled it “the absolute and complete truth”.

More like...inspiration equals dictation.

Those are Jehovah's witnesses, don't pay attention to them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by LordReed(m): 9:47am On Oct 30, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. So, from the opinions stated by individuals who claim to be Christians, this since what you claim is not documented anywhere in the Gospels? undecided

2. You are adding here your opinion as if a fact of Christianity. undecided

So it's not documented in the gospels that they are infact the word of god?

I am sure you already know my opinion of Christianity and the Bible but that's not what the question is here. The question here is your opinion of the Bible. Your opinion sections off part of the Bible same way you are resisting other people from sectioning off the Bible.
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:18am On Oct 30, 2022
OkCornel:

2 Timothy 2 v 19;
Nevertheless, God’s solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: “The Lord knows those who are his,” and, “Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness.”
Dear Max, have you taken the place of the Lord to determine those who are his? Hmmm?
Are you going to be seated on the right hand of God at the end of days to determine who makes it into the kingdom or not?

If you agree that you're worshiping the same God with all the religions claiming they believe in God that's fine by you but our own God has standard and once you aren't ready to do things by His standard you can't fit in our midst so you're not one of us! smiley
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 10:21am On Oct 30, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

If you agree that you're worshiping the same God with all the religions claiming they believe in God that's fine by you but our own God has standard and once you aren't ready to do things by His standard you can't fit in our midst so you're not one of us! smiley

The Lord (not Max) knows those who are his.

We will find out the true worshippers of the Lord at the first resurrection.
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:21am On Oct 30, 2022
MiddleDimension:

More like...inspiration equals dictation.
Those are Jehovah's witnesses, don't pay attention to them.

Thanks for this advice!
It's either he pay rapt attention to what we say about our God or he goes and worship his own God elsewhere. If you're not one of JWs the God of JWs doesn't know you! smiley
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 10:22am On Oct 30, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Thanks for this advice!
It's either he pay rapt attention to what we say about our God or he goes and worship his own God elsewhere. If you're not one of JWs the God of JWs doesn't know you! smiley

The God of JWs is not the God of all flesh?
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:26am On Oct 30, 2022
OkCornel:

The Lord (not Max) knows those who are his.
We will find out the true worshippers of the Lord at the first resurrection.

Your Lord differs from our Lord that's why you are not ready to work with the workers of our own Lord! 1Corinthians 8:5

In the midst of those submissive to our own Lord we all have the same line of thought throughout the earth {John 17:22; 1Corinthians 1:10} so if you don't have the same line of thought with us it simply means your Lord is not the same as ours! Luke 11:23 smiley
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 10:27am On Oct 30, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Your Lord differs from our Lord that's why you are not ready to work with the workers of our own Lord! 1Corinthians 8:5

In the midst of those submissive to our own Lord we all have the same line of thought throughout the earth {John 17:22; 1Corinthians 1:10} so if you don't have the same line of thought with us it simply means your Lord is not the same as ours! Luke 11:23 smiley

How exactly does the Truth differ from the Lord of the JWs?

Are you so intent on defending an institution at the expense of the Truth?
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:30am On Oct 30, 2022
OkCornel:

The God of JWs is not the God of all flesh?

He's closely related to those willing to work with Him that's why He always call Himself
"the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob" {Exodus 3:6} only those associating with these men could become His true friend because it's only through what these men are doing that anyone can make friend with our God! smiley

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 10:34am On Oct 30, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

He's closely related to those willing to work with Him that's why He always call Himself
"the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob" {Exodus 3:6} only those associating with these men could become His true friend because it's only through what these men are doing that anyone can make friend with our God! smiley

Is He the God of “all flesh” or not?

Jeremiah 32 v 27;
Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?

Would He not pour out His spirit on “all flesh” as he revealed to Prophet Joel?

Is the spirit in man (not just Hebrews or JWs) the candle of the LORD that searches the innermost parts of the belly? Proverbs 20 v 27
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 10:37am On Oct 30, 2022
At the end of the day, you cannot lie to your conscience.

Deep down, you know the truth. Either you let it set you free, or you hold onto your chains of institutional religion and doctrines.

When you eventually stand before the Lord of all Spirits, you have no excuse.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Restitution - Is It Compulsory? / 250,000 Gather For Program Organized By Just Christ Embassy Lagos Zone 2 [PICS] / Religion And Poverty In Africa. Why Is The ‘most Religious’ Country The ‘poorest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.