Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,699 members, 7,823,969 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 (4937 Views)

16 Ways To Choose A Wife, According To The Bible / Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! / Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by cornelboy(f): 1:35am On Oct 31, 2022
OkCornel:

Like I said, it would never be well with whoever did this to your mind and sapped your ability to think critically.
Mention one baby in the scriptures that performed miracles.
Also, do JWs heal the sick and raise the dead? Or you wallow in unbelief in these things...you can't deflect this question no matter now hard you try with silly replies.
Are you a baby?
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 1:37am On Oct 31, 2022
cornelboy:

Na the holy ghost in you dé make you curse person wey no even offend you na cheesy

"By their fruits you will know them".

I am cursing the false teachers that deceived you.

In case you've never really studied the Bible you claim to read.

John the Baptist, Jesus, the Apostles, the blood brothers of Jesus (James & Jude) never had kind words for false teachers.

So I repeat again, it will never be well with whoever did this to you. If you have a problem with this, go and condemn John the Baptist, Jesus, the Apostles, James and Jude for doing the same thing.
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 1:38am On Oct 31, 2022
cornelboy:

Are you a baby?

When you are done deflecting with silly questions. Let me know.

Do JWs heal the sick and raise the dead? or do you wallow in unbelief in these things.
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by cornelboy(f): 1:38am On Oct 31, 2022
OkCornel:

Yet your profile picture says the Bible is the ABSOLUTE TRUTH of God
You're a walking contradiction mehn...
Yes the Bible is the absolute TRUTH of God. And going by your logic, no amount of books can contain God's word.

Na you sabi if you no understand simple statement.
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 1:40am On Oct 31, 2022
cornelboy:

Yes the Bible is the absolute TRUTH of God. And going by your logic, no amount of books can contain God's word.

Na you sabi if you no understand simple statement.

Do you understand what ABSOLUTE TRUTH even means?

How can the Bible (66 books) be ABSOLUTE TRUTH, whilst you also claim 1 million books can't contain God's words?

Do you understand your own contradiction? Or do you want to defy rational thinking to defend this obvious gaffe/contradiction of yours like religious zealots do?
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by cornelboy(f): 1:43am On Oct 31, 2022
OkCornel:

When you are done deflecting with silly questions. Let me know.
Do JWs heal the sick and raise the dead? or do you wallow in unbelief in these things.
Are you a baby, that's why you can't raise the dead and you need to grow up?

Ọmọ the apostles of Jesus with with the real power didn't grow to some certain level before performing certain miracles.

Na through God's power dem dé do am not their growth. Keep fooling your ehn cheesy cheesy
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by cornelboy(f): 1:46am On Oct 31, 2022
OkCornel:

I am cursing the false teachers that deceived you.
In case you've never really studied the Bible you claim to read.
John the Baptist, Jesus, the Apostles, the blood brothers of Jesus (James & Jude) never had kind words for false teachers.
So I repeat again, it will never be well with whoever did this to you. If you have a problem with this, go and condemn John the Baptist, Jesus, the Apostles, James and Jude for doing the same thing.
Show me where Jesus or his disciples cursed or taught us to curse people.

And another fact is that you're the false teacher here.
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 1:47am On Oct 31, 2022
cornelboy:

Are you a baby, that's why you can't raise the dead and you need to grow up?

Ọmọ the apostles of Jesus with with the real power didn't grow to some certain level before performing certain miracles.

Na through God's power dem dé do am not their growth. Keep fooling your ehn cheesy cheesy

So the Apostles were not once disciples who learnt under Jesus before they became spirit filled Apostles?

It will never be well with the false teachers feeding you lies.

Do JWs heal the sick and raise the dead? Or do you wallow in unbelief in these things?
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 1:48am On Oct 31, 2022
cornelboy:

Show me where Jesus or his disciples cursed or taught us to curse people.

And another fact is that you're the false teacher here.

Oh...you want me to show you where John the Baptist, Jesus, the Apostles, James and Jude insulted and cursed false teachers?

You really want to be spoon fed don't you?
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by cornelboy(f): 1:49am On Oct 31, 2022
OkCornel:

Do you understand what ABSOLUTE TRUTH even means?
How can the Bible (66 books) be ABSOLUTE TRUTH, whilst you also claim 1 million books can't contain God's words?
Do you understand your own contradiction? Or do you want to defy rational thinking to defend this obvious gaffe/contradiction of yours like religious zealots do?
If you no understand my simple statement, na your cup of tea be that.
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 1:50am On Oct 31, 2022
John the Baptist cursing the false teachers;

Matthew 3 v 7;
But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to where he was baptizing, he said to them: “You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the coming wrath?

Cornelboy, hope you're taking down notes.
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by cornelboy(f): 1:51am On Oct 31, 2022
OkCornel:

Oh...you want me to show you where John the Baptist, Jesus, the Apostles, James and Jude insulted and cursed false teachers?
You really want to be spoon fed don't you?
And also show me where I have said anything false.
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 1:51am On Oct 31, 2022
cornelboy:

If you no understand my simple statement, na your cup of tea be that.

I allergic to understanding stupidity.

How can the Bible be the ABSOLUTE TRUTH of God, and yet a million books cannot contain God's words?

Truth is a choice, stupidity is also a choice.

It's up to you to make your choice mehn...
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 1:52am On Oct 31, 2022
cornelboy:

And also show me where I have said anything false.

Look at your profile picture for a start.

Anyways, the curses are for false teachers. Not naive students.

Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by cornelboy(f): 1:55am On Oct 31, 2022
OkCornel:

So the Apostles were not once disciples who learnt under Jesus before they became spirit filled Apostles?
It will never be well with the false teachers feeding you lies.
Do JWs heal the sick and raise the dead? Or do you wallow in unbelief in these things?
Lol you too dull aswear.
After they got baptized, they didn't need to grow before they perform any miracles.
They miracles happened through God's power, the holy spirit.

Have you not been spirit filled, that's why you need to grow before you can raise the dead?

And how the hell did you heal the sick?
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by cornelboy(f): 1:56am On Oct 31, 2022
OkCornel:

Look at your profile picture for a start.
Anyways, the curses are for false teachers. Not naive students.
One simple question:
Is the Bible not the absolute TRUTH of God?
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by cornelboy(f): 1:58am On Oct 31, 2022
OkCornel:

I allergic to understanding stupidity.
How can the Bible be the ABSOLUTE TRUTH of God, and yet a million books cannot contain God's words?
Truth is a choice, stupidity is also a choice.
It's up to you to make your choice mehn...
Na you sabi. Keep your truth while I keep mine. We don't need to agree.
No be by force.
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 1:58am On Oct 31, 2022
Peter cursing false teachers;

2 Peter 2 v 1-4;

1 But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves.
2 Many will follow their depraved conduct and will bring the way of truth into disrepute.
3 In their greed these teachers will exploit you with fabricated stories. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.
4 For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them in chains of darkness to be held for judgment;
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by cornelboy(f): 1:59am On Oct 31, 2022
OkCornel:
John the Baptist cursing the false teachers;
Matthew 3 v 7;
But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to where he was baptizing, he said to them: “You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the coming wrath?
Cornelboy, hope you're taking down notes.
Lol. "Brood of vipers' is just a metaphor.

Baba stop cursing.
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 1:59am On Oct 31, 2022
cornelboy:

One simple question:
Is the Bible not the absolute TRUTH of God?

If you know what ABSOLUTE TRUTH means.
If you also conclude one million books cannot contain God's words....

Why are you even asking me this question, when the obvious answer is NO.
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 2:01am On Oct 31, 2022
cornelboy:

Lol. "Brood of vipers' is just a metaphor.

Baba stop cursing.

Let me guess Jesus blessed the Pharisees and used "metaphors" on them in Matthew 23 abi?

Clap for yourself

Look at this part of Matthew 23. It's also metaphor abi? cheesy

Matthew 23 v 33;
You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell?
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 2:05am On Oct 31, 2022
cornelboy:

Lol you too dull aswear.
After they got baptized, they didn't need to grow before they perform any miracles.
They miracles happened through God's power, the holy spirit.

Have you not been spirit filled, that's why you need to grow before you can raise the dead?

And how the hell did you heal the sick?

You claim I'm dull yet you claim;

1. Jesus and the Father are two different truths...despite where I clearly quoted John 10 v 32 where Jesus said "I and my father are One"

2. You claim the bible is the ABSOLUTE TRUTH of God, yet in another breath you claim one million books cannot contain God's words.

Dude, the person that did this thing you ehn... you're an object of pity to me right now.

The Holy Spirit healed the sick through me. By laying of hands, by words of faith...and the faith of the person in need of healing as well. (Remember some of those Jesus healed - he mentioned "your faith has made you well AND OR, go and sin no more"

Now back to my question you've been working so hard to deflect from

DO JWs HEAL THE SICK AND RAISE THE DEAD?
Or do you wallow in unbelief in these things?!
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by cornelboy(f): 2:07am On Oct 31, 2022
OkCornel:
Peter cursing false teachers;
2 Peter 2 v 1-4;
1 But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves.
2 Many will follow their depraved conduct and will bring the way of truth into disrepute.
3 In their greed these teachers will exploit you with fabricated stories. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.
4 For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them in chains of darkness to be held for judgment;
Of course, Peter knew that they would be condemned and destroyed by God automatically.

Where did Peter curse them?
Where did he say it will not be well with them?

Learn how to pray for your enemy.
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 2:08am On Oct 31, 2022
cornelboy:

Of course, Peter knew that they would be condemned and destroyed by God automatically.

Where did Peter curse them?
Where did he say it will not be well with them?

Learn how to pray for your enemy.

Yes...just like how Jesus prayed for false teachers in Matthew 23...yeah right.

I specifically mentioned false teachers. Not enemies which is a broader term which could include ignorant persecutors.
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by cornelboy(f): 2:09am On Oct 31, 2022
OkCornel:

You claim I'm dull yet you claim;
1. Jesus and the Father are two different truths...despite where I clearly quoted John 10 v 32 where Jesus said "I and my father are One"
2. You claim the bible is the ABSOLUTE TRUTH of God, yet in another breath you claim one million books cannot contain God's words.
Dude, the person that did this thing you ehn... you're an object of pity to me right now.
The Holy Spirit healed the sick through me. By laying of hands, by words of faith...and the faith of the person in need of healing as well. (Remember some of those Jesus healed - he mentioned "your faith has made you well AND OR, go and sin no more"
Now back to my question you've been working so hard to deflect from

DO JWs HEAL THE SICK AND RAISE THE DEAD?
Or do you wallow in unbelief in these things?!
Baba don't run from your inconsistencies na.

Are you spirit filled or not?
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by cornelboy(f): 2:12am On Oct 31, 2022
OkCornel:

Let me guess Jesus blessed the Pharisees and used "metaphors" on them in Matthew 23 abi?
Clap for yourself
Look at this part of Matthew 23. It's also metaphor abi? cheesy
Matthew 23 v 33;
You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell?
"Brood of vipers" was not a curse or an insult. It was used to describe how cunning and dangerous the Pharisees were.

Learn how to pray for your enemy. Stop cursing and goodnight.
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 2:12am On Oct 31, 2022
cornelboy:

Baba don't run from your inconsistencies na.

Are you spirit filled or not?

When you answer this question you've been dodging from, I will answer your questions.

DO JWs HEAL THE SICK AND RAISE THE DEAD? or do you wallow in unbelief in these things...
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 2:14am On Oct 31, 2022
cornelboy:

"Brood of vipers" was not a curse or an insult. It was used to describe how cunning and dangerous the Pharisees were.

Come and see Paul blessing and praying for false teachers here cheesy

Galatians 1 v 6-9;

6 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7 which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ.
8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse!
9 As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let them be under God’s curse!

Don't be an Oponu in the face of naked truth. The choice is yours
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by cornelboy(f): 2:15am On Oct 31, 2022
OkCornel:

When you answer this question you've been dodging from, I will answer your questions.
DO JWs HEAL THE SICK AND RAISE THE DEAD? or do you wallow in unbelief in these things...
We don't any miracles.
Of course we believe in miracles. We believe in the ones recorded in the Bible. We believe in the prophecies and their fulfillment.
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 2:16am On Oct 31, 2022
cornelboy:

Okay...so if someone calls you Oponu...it's not an insult. It's just a metaphor used to describe how you're finding it difficult to understand simple things abi? cheesy
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 2:17am On Oct 31, 2022
cornelboy:

We don't any miracles.
Of course we believe in miracles. We believe in the ones recorded in the Bible. We believe in the prophecies and their fulfillment.

And the miracles not recorded in the Bible (66 books) but performed by a follower of God Almighty, you don't believe those ones abi?
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by cornelboy(f): 2:22am On Oct 31, 2022
OkCornel:

Come and see Paul blessing and praying for false teachers here cheesy
Galatians 1 v 6-9;
6 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7 which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ.
8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse!
9 As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let them be under God’s curse!
Don't be an Oponu in the face of naked truth. The choice is yours
Don't be a dindinrin.
Paul never cursed them.
Do you remember where archangel Michael was disputing over the body of Moses with Satan?
He simply said "the Lord rebuke you".

So we are never to curse or mean bad our enemies or friends or anybody.

We can only leave it in God's hand like Paul and Michael did.

God will do the judging and condemning.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

The Goddess (female God) And Females In Religion / Christianity Betray Its Own Logic / How Christians Died For Their Faith While Muslims Kill For Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.