Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,573 members, 7,823,495 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 (4931 Views)

16 Ways To Choose A Wife, According To The Bible / Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! / Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by Manslimx: 2:24am On Oct 31, 2022
The Bible does not need any update...the people that follow the Bible are the ones that need serious updates..
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by cornelboy(f): 2:25am On Oct 31, 2022
OkCornel:

And the miracles not recorded in the Bible (66 books) but performed by a follower of God Almighty, you don't believe those ones abi?
How do we differentiate between the follower of the almighty and a person performing miracles through magic today?

Paul through god's holy spirit wrote that the gifts of the spirit would cease.
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 2:26am On Oct 31, 2022
cornelboy:

Don't be a dindinrin.
Paul never cursed them.
Do you remember where archangel Michael was disputing over the body of Moses with Satan?
He simply said "the Lord rebuke you".

So we are never to curse or mean bad our enemies or friends or anybody.

We can only leave it in God's hand like Paul and Michael did.

God will do the judging and condemning.

Don't be an Oponu.

What did Paul mean when he clearly mentioned twice there..."LET THEM BE ACCURSED"?

He was blessing false teachers abi?

It can never be well with the false teachers that twisted your reasoning this bad. Let them be accursed.
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by cornelboy(f): 2:29am On Oct 31, 2022
OkCornel:

Okay...so if someone calls you Oponu...it's not an insult. It's just a metaphor used to describe how you're finding it difficult to understand simple things abi? cheesy
If you call me an "oponu", it wouldn't be an insult if I was really an "oponu".

But saying it won't be well with someone is completely a curse. It's against Christ teachings.

We learn everyday though.
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 2:29am On Oct 31, 2022
cornelboy:

How do we differentiate between the follower of the almighty and a person performing miracles through magic today?

Paul through god's holy spirit wrote that the gifts of the spirit would cease.

Through the gift of discernment, you can differentiate the fake from genuine.

Also, the followers of Satan can never fake the fruits of the Spirit.

When exactly did Paul mention the gifts of the spirit would cease? Read this passage and stop quoting Paul out of context.

Pay attention to the bolded part;
1 Corinthians 13 v 8 -13;
8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.
9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part,
10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears.
11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me.
12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love

Cornelboy, the gifts would cease when completeness comes.
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 2:33am On Oct 31, 2022
cornelboy:

If you call me an "oponu", it wouldn't be an insult if I was really an "oponu".

But saying it won't be well with someone is completely a curse. It's against Christ teachings.

We learn everyday though.

Christ, John the Baptist, Paul, Peter, Jude etc cursed false teachers. Feel free to go and correct them
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by cornelboy(f): 2:35am On Oct 31, 2022
OkCornel:

Through the gift of discernment, you can differentiate the fake from genuine.
Also, the followers of Satan can never fake the fruits of the Spirit.
When exactly did Paul mention the gifts of the spirit would cease? Read this passage and stop quoting Paul out of context.
Pay attention to the bolded part;
1 Corinthians 13 v 8 -13;
8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.
9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part,
10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears.
11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me.
12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love
Oya explain the verses. Especially verse 10.

Some fruits of the spirit are love, kindness, peace etc

Show me from this sentence the above mentioned fruits;
"It will not be well with those that did...".
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by cornelboy(f): 2:37am On Oct 31, 2022
OkCornel:

Christ, John the Baptist, Paul, Peter, Jude etc cursed false teachers. Feel free to go and correct them
They didn't curse anyone nor mean them bad.

Stop cursing people that didn't even do you wrong Baba.
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 2:39am On Oct 31, 2022
cornelboy:

Don't be a dindinrin.
Paul never cursed them.
Do you remember where archangel Michael was disputing over the body of Moses with Satan?
He simply said "the Lord rebuke you".

So we are never to curse or mean bad our enemies or friends or anybody.

We can only leave it in God's hand like Paul and Michael did.

God will do the judging and condemning.

Let me bring it out from the KJV;

Galatians 1 v 8-9;
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 2:40am On Oct 31, 2022
cornelboy:

They didn't curse anyone nor mean them bad.

Stop cursing people that didn't even do you wrong Baba.

It will never ever be well with false teachers. They corrupt the truth and deceive many.
They are not different from the serpent that deceived Eve.

Let them all remained cursed forever, unless they repent.
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by cornelboy(f): 2:40am On Oct 31, 2022
OkCornel:

Don't be an Oponu.
What did Paul mean when he clearly mentioned twice there..."LET THEM BE ACCURSED"?
He was blessing false teachers abi?
It can never be well with the false teachers that twisted your reasoning this bad. Let them be accursed.
Jehovah witnesses, wherever you are, it will be well with you.

I can start cursing you to because I see you as a false teacher.

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by cornelboy(f): 2:42am On Oct 31, 2022
OkCornel:

It will never ever be well with false teachers. They corrupt the truth and deceive many.
They are not different from the serpent that deceived Eve.
Let them all remained cursed forever, unless they repent.
Are you better than the Jehovah witnesses?
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 2:42am On Oct 31, 2022
cornelboy:

Oya explain the verses. Especially verse 10.

Some fruits of the spirit are love, kindness, peace etc

Show me from this sentence the above mentioned fruits;
"It will not be well with those that did...".

Completeness comes when Christ comes. As simple as that.

I put in the fruit of the Spirit as an addition. It has nothing to do with the scriptures I put there. Just an additional point to let you know the difference. So don't mix things up.

Satan's followers exhibit the works of the flesh despite the signs and wonders they perform. Followers of the One True God exhibit fruit of the Spirit.

Clear cut difference
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 2:43am On Oct 31, 2022
cornelboy:

Jehovah witnesses, wherever you are, it will be well with you.

I can start cursing you to because I see you as a false teacher.

When you are ready to show me the false teachings, let me know.
Till then, I will never stop cursing your false teachers.
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by cornelboy(f): 2:44am On Oct 31, 2022
OkCornel:

Let me bring it out from the KJV;
Galatians 1 v 8-9;
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
Baba use versions with better English and translations.

Paul placed them under God's curse. He never pronounced any curse on them himself.

I can't be spoonfeeding you jàre.
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 2:44am On Oct 31, 2022
cornelboy:

Are you better than the Jehovah witnesses?

Are Jehovah witnesses now my standard of righteousness in my walk with God? undecided

Are Jehovah witnesses so perfect, infallible and 100% free from false doctrines?
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 2:45am On Oct 31, 2022
cornelboy:

Baba use versions with better English and translations.

Paul placed them under God's curse. He never pronounced any curse on them himself.

I can't be spoonfeeding you jàre.

Galatians 1 v 8-9 KJV;

Jesus also blessed the false teachers in Matthew 23 abi?

It can never be well with false teachers. Never!

See who is talking about spoon feeding here. cheesy Abeg comot road cheesy
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by cornelboy(f): 2:46am On Oct 31, 2022
OkCornel:

When you are ready to show me the false teachings, let me know.
Till then, I will never stop cursing your false teachers.
Show me where i said any false teaching na.
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 2:48am On Oct 31, 2022
cornelboy:

Show me where i said any false teaching na.

Look at your profile picture again.

Look at where you quoted Paul out of context saying the gifts of the Spirit has already ceased. Despite the fact Paul mentioned this would happen when completeness comes (no specific timeline as this is connected with the second coming of Christ)

And others I've lost track of

Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by cornelboy(f): 2:50am On Oct 31, 2022
OkCornel:

Are Jehovah witnesses now my standard of righteousness in my walk with God? undecided
Are Jehovah witnesses so perfect, infallible and 100% free from false doctrines?
No human is perfect.
JW.org is the only group evidently doing God's will today.

They are the real representation of God's kingdom on earth. They are the real Christians.
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by cornelboy(f): 2:52am On Oct 31, 2022
OkCornel:

Look at your profile picture again.
Look at where you quoted Paul out of context saying the gifts of the Spirit has already ceased. Despite the fact Paul mentioned this would happen when completeness comes (no specific timeline as this is connected with the second coming of Christ)
And others I've lost track of
So according to you the Bible is not the absolute truth of God Abi?

I bet you can't mention any f@lse teaching I've said here.
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by cornelboy(f): 2:55am On Oct 31, 2022
OkCornel:

Galatians 1 v 8-9 KJV;
Jesus also blessed the false teachers in Matthew 23 abi?
It can never be well with false teachers. Never!
See who is talking about spoon feeding here. cheesy Abeg comot road cheesy
Shebi you have extra truth besides the Bible?
Oya bring them here.
I'll study the extra truths with you tomorrow. cheesy My battery is low.
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 2:55am On Oct 31, 2022
cornelboy:

No human is perfect.

They are the real representation of God's kingdom on earth. They are the real Christians.

A kingdom that wallows in unbelief in healings and miracles because they misunderstood what Paul wrote in 1 Corinthians 13 v 8-13?
Dude, every religious organization deludes their members to be something special and chosen.

The Lord knows those who are His. His own are cut across all tongues, nations, tribes e.t.c. right from ancient times till the end of days. And not just some movement that started some decades ago.

The ones who are led by the Spirit are the children of God. Not some people that look up to men and some sort of governing body.

Wake up.

Romans 8 v 14;
For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God.

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 2:57am On Oct 31, 2022
cornelboy:

So according to you the Bible is not the absolute truth of God Abi?

I bet you can't mention any f@lse teaching I've said here.

Not according to me.

You earlier mention some other books which the Bible referred to, but you've never heard of...might be inspired or not.

How then is the Bible (66 books only) the ABSOLUTE TRUTH of God?

Only if you know what ABSOLUTE TRUTH means...you won't be making such ridiculous claims.
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 3:00am On Oct 31, 2022
cornelboy:

Shebi you have extra truth besides the Bible?
Oya bring them here.
I'll study the extra truths with you tomorrow. cheesy My battery is low.

Dude, get a grip on the basics first. From our conversation so far, you can't handle further math since you're still grappling with Arithmetic.

I can refer you to those books, but I doubt I have the time to spoon feed you on these.

The Holy Spirit is the best teacher. Ask Him to touch your mind and reveal these things to you.

1 John 2 v 26-27;
26 I am writing these things to you about those who are trying to lead you astray.
27 As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit—just as it has taught you, remain in him.
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 3:03am On Oct 31, 2022
cornelboy:

No human is perfect.

So as no human is perfect, why are you asking if I'm better than Jehovah Witnesses?
Should they be my standard for righteousness?

2 Likes

Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:52am On Oct 31, 2022
cornelboy:

No human is perfect.

When they read stories of faithless people in ancient times they often want to claim the side of the faithfuls but today they're proving the ancient faithless ones right.
How?
The one and only reason why faithless people back then object to what God's servants say is that "nobody is perfect" so with that at the back of their minds they want the faithfuls to accept whatever they believe as if they're on the same page with the faithfuls but when the faithfuls tell them it's not possible they resort to hatred.

I do tell anyone that people back then aren't different from us today, the only perfect human who ever walked this planet is Jesus of Nazareth and he spent just 33 years so who are those criticizing other imperfect servants of God in ancient times if not the same generation of faithless people always looking for signs of wonders before accepting pure worship? Matthew 16:4

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by LordReed(m): 9:57am On Oct 31, 2022
Kobojunkie:
These were you questions from earlier and my answer remains same.. as before...

Right, you are editorialising but don't want others to editorialise. I get it. LoLz.

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by cornelboy(f): 9:25pm On Oct 31, 2022
OkCornel:

Dude, get a grip on the basics first. From our conversation so far, you can't handle further math since you're still grappling with Arithmetic.
I can refer you to those books, but I doubt I have the time to spoon feed you on these.
The Holy Spirit is the best teacher. Ask Him to touch your mind and reveal these things to you.
1 John 2 v 26-27;
26 I am writing these things to you about those who are trying to lead you astray.
27 As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit—just as it has taught you, remain in him.
The holy spirit is the best teacher for those that are anointed.
Whereas, those that are not anointed learn from the anointed.

Is it books you want to refer me to or you want to share the truths the holy spirit as revealed to you personally?

Before anything, do you the Bible is completely the inspired by God and God's truth?
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by cornelboy(f): 9:36pm On Oct 31, 2022
OkCornel:

A kingdom that wallows in unbelief in healings and miracles because they misunderstood what Paul wrote in 1 Corinthians 13 v 8-13?
Dude, every religious organization deludes their members to be something special and chosen.
The Lord knows those who are His. His own are cut across all tongues, nations, tribes e.t.c. right from ancient times till the end of days. And not just some movement that started some decades ago.
The ones who are led by the Spirit are the children of God. Not some people that look up to men and some sort of governing body.
Wake up.
Romans 8 v 14;
For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God.
What do you mean by unbelief cos JWs are faithfully hoping for God's kingdom to come to earth and we believe our dead loved ones will be raised up and we'll be united.

Your a dummy. The JWs are the only group practising true Christianity today.

They are the only one carrying out Jesus' commandments at Acts 1:8. They translated the Bible and their publications and website into more than 1000 languages to make the gospel available for every person.

They don't engage in politics or military service just like the early Christians.

Ọmọ JWs no get replacement.
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 9:39pm On Oct 31, 2022
cornelboy:

The holy spirit is the best teacher for those that are anointed.
Whereas, those that are not anointed learn from the anointed.

Is it books you want to refer me to or you want to share the truths the holy spirit as revealed to you personally?

Before anything, do you the Bible is completely the inspired by God and God's truth?

You are still struggling with the basics. Go and commune with the Holy Spirit to help with your spiritual growth.

I can’t expose you to meat and bones if you’re still struggling with milk sir.

Honestly, I don’t have the appetite for fruitless arguments. Your responses on this thread isn’t encouraging enough neither is it mentally stimulating. You don’t even challenge me with thought provoking questions. And I don’t mean in it in a disrespectful way.

You have some growing to do. The Holy Spirit has your blueprint and knows how best to teach you. Of course there are human teachers, but the Holy Spirit is the best.

Why settle for good or better if the best is freely available? Why?
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 9:41pm On Oct 31, 2022
cornelboy:

What do you mean by unbelief cos JWs are faithfully hoping for God's kingdom to come to earth and we believe our dead loved ones will be raised up and we'll be united.

Your a dummy. The JWs are the only group practising true Christianity today.

They are the only one carrying out Jesus' commandments at Acts 1:8. They translated the Bible and their publications and website into more than 1000 languages to make the gospel available for every person.

They don't engage in politics or military service just like the early Christians.

Ọmọ JWs no get replacement.

Yeah, every religious group deludes themselves they have no replacement.

When you wake up from the brainwashing and mind control, you’ll understand better.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

I Am No Longer Identifying As An Atheist. / I've Reported MFM Church Founder, Olukoya To US Police, Installed CCTV At Home / Has Nairaland Ever Witnessed A Made In Nairaland Healing Or Miracle Before?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.