Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,657 members, 7,823,862 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 (4934 Views)

16 Ways To Choose A Wife, According To The Bible / Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! / Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:42am On Oct 30, 2022
OkCornel:

How exactly does the Truth differ from the Lord of the JWs? Are you so intent on defending an institution at the expense of the Truth?

With the below comment it shows you are not ready to accept the TRUTH!

OkCornel:

So JWs heal the sick, raise the dead etc in Jesus’ name?

The truth (Jesus) declared that miraculous gifts and it's imminent benefits only belongs to Israelites {Matthew 15:24} so after the establishment of the Christian congregation it was revealed that such gifts will no longer exist {1Corinthians 13:8} because the Bible God's message to mankind will soon be completed {1Corinthians 13:10} hence whoever wants to worship God must do so based on the LOVE they have for God not to expect any miraculous healing! 1Corinthians 13:13

That's why you can't find REAL miracles today but deceit here and there, so if you don't agree that the Bible is complete as the word of our own God then in what way do you expect us to agree that you know the TRUTH? smiley

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 11:02am On Oct 30, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

With the below comment it shows you are not ready to accept the TRUTH!

The truth (Jesus) declared that miraculous gifts and it's imminent benefits only belongs to Israelites {Matthew 15:24} so after the establishment of the Christian congregation it was revealed that such gifts will no longer exist {1Corinthians 13:8} because the Bible God's message to mankind will soon be completed {1Corinthians 13:10} hence whoever wants to worship God must do so based on the LOVE they have for God not to expect any miraculous healing! 1Corinthians 13:13

That's why you can't find REAL miracles today but deceit here and there, so if you don't agree that the Bible is complete as the word of our own God then in what way do you expect us to agree that you know the TRUTH? smiley

Where exactly did Jesus mention these gifts would cease to exist and by when?

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:10am On Oct 30, 2022
OkCornel:

Where exactly did Jesus mention these gifts would cease to exist and by when?

I thought you said you know the TRUTH? smiley

Well Jesus declared that miraculous healings and it's imminent benefits belongs only to Israelites {Matthew 15:21-24} as for whether it will continue or not Jesus told them that God's Holy Spirit will continue teaching them the rest {John 16:12-13} he singlehandedly picked Paul as a teacher in Christianity {Act 9:15} so it's Paul that Jesus chose to explain Christianity to none Israelites like you and me {1Timothy 2:7} so if you ignore Paul's statement that those gifts will cease {1Corinthians 13:8-10} and you can't present any group of people performing real miracles yet anticipating miracles after all these facts then you don't have anything to do with the TRUTH in fact you're an enemy of TRUTH! smiley

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 11:12am On Oct 30, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

I thought you said you know the TRUTH? smiley

Well Jesus declared that miraculous healings and it's imminent benefits belongs only to Israelites {Matthew 15:21-24} as for whether it will continue or not Jesus told them that God's Holy Spirit will continue teaching them the rest {John 16:12-13} he singlehandedly picked Paul as a teacher in Christianity {Act 9:15} so it's Paul that Jesus chose to explain Christianity to none Israelites like you and me {1Timothy 2:7} so if you ignore Paul's statement that those gifts will cease {1Corinthians 13:8-10} and you can't present any group of people performing real miracles yet anticipating miracles after all these facts then you don't have anything to do with the TRUTH in fact you're an enemy of TRUTH! smiley

If these gifts would cease according to your understanding, how would the two witnesses for example in Revelation 11 v 3-6 perform their work?
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 11:14am On Oct 30, 2022
Revelation 11 v 3-6;

3 And I will appoint my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth.”

4 They are “the two olive trees” and the two lampstands, and “they stand before the Lord of the earth.”

5 If anyone tries to harm them, fire comes from their mouths and devours their enemies. This is how anyone who wants to harm them must die.

6 They have power to shut up the heavens so that it will not rain during the time they are prophesying and they have power to turn the waters into blood and to strike the earth with every kind of plague as often as they want.

MaxinDHouse, where did Jesus mention the gifts of the Spirit would cease to operate? And by when?
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:24am On Oct 30, 2022
OkCornel:

If these gifts would cease according to your understanding, how would the two witnesses in Revelation 11 v 3-6 perform their work?

OkCornel:
Revelation 11 v 3-6;
3 And I will appoint my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth.”
4 They are “the two olive trees” and the two lampstands, and “they stand before the Lord of the earth.”
5 If anyone tries to harm them, fire comes from their mouths and devours their enemies. This is how anyone who wants to harm them must die.
6 They have power to shut up the heavens so that it will not rain during the time they are prophesying and they have power to turn the waters into blood and to strike the earth with every kind of plague as often as they want.
MaxinDHouse, where did Jesus mention the gifts of the Spirit would cease to operate? And by when?

All you need is humility to make yourself teachable in the midst of true Christians, all these has been fully explained to God's people but since you're not ready to humble yourself you're giving literal meaning to symbolic terms that Jesus used to convey a message to his BORN AGAIN brothers who must explain to the congregation what he's saying.

The two witnesses aren't literal humans but a group of people working with Jesus in the last hour, they will break all the falsehood Satan used to blindfold billions for centuries and if Satan's agents tries to stand up against them they will condemn such ones with the truth protruding out of their mouth! Isaiah 54:17

But all these are deeper things that you need to humbly request a Bible study to understand otherwise you will continue deceiving yourself saying those who aren't agreeing with your literal interpretation are worshiping the same God with you whereas they're contradicting what you're saying! smiley

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 11:28am On Oct 30, 2022
I’m amazed at how people misunderstand Paul’s Epistles.

1 Corinthians 13 v 8 -13;

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part,

10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears.

11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me.

12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love

MaxinDHouse, please when exactly did Paul mention the gifts of the Spirit would cease?

The bolded parts of the scriptures should make things clearer.

Where did Jesus mention the gifts of the spirit would cease? Where did Jesus mention signs and wonders will cease?!
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 11:30am On Oct 30, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

All you need is humility to make yourself teachable in the midst of true Christians, all these has been fully explained to God's people but since you're not ready to humble yourself you're giving literal meaning to symbolic terms that Jesus used to convey a message to his BORN AGAIN brothers who must explain to the congregation what he's saying.

The two witnesses aren't literal humans but a group of people working with Jesus in the last hour, they will break all the falsehood Satan used to blindfold billions for centuries and if Satan's agents tries to stand up against them they will condemn such ones with the truth protruding out of their mouth! Isaiah 54:17

But all these are deeper things that you need to humbly request a Bible study to understand otherwise you will continue deceiving yourself saying those who aren't agreeing with your literal interpretation are worshiping the same God with you whereas they're contradicting what you're saying! smiley

Now it’s deflection time?
Does asking questions suddenly imply I’m no longer humble?

You can’t lie to your conscience forever. When you stand before God and He searches your heart, just know you have no excuse.

You called me an enemy of the TRUTH. We will see at the end of days who is truly the enemy of TRUTH
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:58pm On Oct 30, 2022
OkCornel:

I’m amazed at how people misunderstand Paul’s Epistles.
1 Corinthians 13 v 8 -13;
8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.
9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part,
10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears.
11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me.
12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love
MaxinDHouse, please when exactly did Paul mention the gifts of the Spirit would cease?
The bolded parts of the scriptures should make things clearer.
Where did Jesus mention the gifts of the spirit would cease? Where did Jesus mention signs and wonders will cease?!

OkCornel:

Now it’s deflection time?
Does asking questions suddenly imply I’m no longer humble?

You can’t lie to your conscience forever. When you stand before God and He searches your heart, just know you have no excuse.

You called me an enemy of the TRUTH. We will see at the end of days who is truly the enemy of TRUTH

Guy, there's no need for endless arguments the highlighted settled it all , if you believe i'm LYING and i believe you're an ENEMY of TRUTH it's clear that both of us are not on the same page.

So the Gods we worship differs! smiley

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by cornelboy(f): 10:19pm On Oct 30, 2022
OkCornel:

So JWs heal the sick, raise the dead etc in Jesus’ name?
Do you heal the sick and raise the dead in your group?
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by cornelboy(f): 10:20pm On Oct 30, 2022
OkCornel:

This abysmally low level of critical thinking is quite pitiable and nauseating. So, if your Father gives you certain rules and instructions to live a certain lifestyle. Is that religion?!
At this rate, I thought you would have connected the dots…but I guess 66 book lovers prefer to be spoon fed.
John 14 v 6;
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, THE TRUTH, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
John 10 v 30;
I and the Father are one
So yes, my God is Truth…He is the Heavenly Father and the God of all flesh (not just the God of the Hebrews or JWs only)
So Jesus is now "the truth", it's no more God the father abi?
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by cornelboy(f): 10:21pm On Oct 30, 2022
OkCornel:

Sufficient by whose standard? undecided
Not sufficient by whose standard?
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by cornelboy(f): 10:25pm On Oct 30, 2022
OkCornel:

It was too costly printing subsequent versions of the KJV with the Apocrypha included.
Educate yourself.
Lol. Who told you this?
You know say you suppose bring source na.

Even if the Apocrypha books were added, God's TRUTH still wouldn't be limited to books.

What's your point exactly?
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 12:18am On Oct 31, 2022
cornelboy:

Lol. Who told you this?
You know say you suppose bring source na.

Even if the Apocrypha books were added, God's TRUTH still wouldn't be limited to books.

What's your point exactly?

Did you read the screenshots and the sources? And you’re still asking who told me what.

My point is, you can’t limit God to 66 books and tell me that’s the complete word of God.

That’s indoctrination, mental slavery and fraud.
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 12:20am On Oct 31, 2022
cornelboy:

Not sufficient by whose standard?

Read John 21 v 25 slowly…

Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written.

Who capped God’s words at 66 books, excluded the Apocrypha and lied 66 books alone are sufficient and the complete word of God?

Where did God cap his words at 66 books?
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 12:22am On Oct 31, 2022
cornelboy:

So Jesus is now "the truth", it's no more God the father abi?

Are you this low on critical thinking?

Does truth not beget truth?

Jesus is the “only begotten” son of God.

Can Jesus be truth and his Heavenly Father not be truth? Does the Father not precede the son?

What are you taught in your Kingdom Halls for goodness sakes?
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 12:23am On Oct 31, 2022
cornelboy:

Do you heal the sick and raise the dead in your group?

By the power of the Holy Spirit, yes He has healed the sick through me. As for raising the dead, that’s coming soon as I grow in Him.

By the way, you’ve not answered my question. Do JWs heal the sick and raise the dead? Or you wallow in unbelief in these things.
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by Kobojunkie: 12:47am On Oct 31, 2022
LordReed:
What makes Paul's writings opinions and Matthew, Mark, Luke and John not opinions? And if those 13 books are simply opinions what are they doing in a collection of supposedly the word of the god?

Also if you adamantly claim they are Paul's opinions then they are not the word of the god which means you are editorilising.
These were you questions from earlier and my answer remains same.. as before...
Kobojunkie:
Everyone has opinions....if we go around believing the opinions of others wouldn't that make us all imbe_ciles? undecided

Again, Paul's opinions I respect as his opinions much the same as I respect your opinions here. I do not disregard his opinions in the same way I do not disregard your opinions here. undecided
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by cornelboy(f): 1:14am On Oct 31, 2022
OkCornel:

By the power of the Holy Spirit, yes He has healed the sick through me. As for raising the dead, that’s coming soon as I grow in Him.
By the way, you’ve not answered my question. Do JWs heal the sick and raise the dead? Or you wallow in unbelief in these things.
Lol what kind of sickness did you heal? Fever?

I can't stop laughing cheesy cheesy

Who taught you that you must grow to some point before you can raised the dead through god's power.

Se nah your growth go raised the dead or God's power?

You must be quite popular in your village.
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by cornelboy(f): 1:15am On Oct 31, 2022
OkCornel:

Are you this low on critical thinking?
Does truth not beget truth?
Jesus is the “only begotten” son of God.
Can Jesus be truth and his Heavenly Father not be truth? Does the Father not precede the son?
What are you taught in your Kingdom Halls for goodness sakes?
In a nutshell, you have two truths. No wahala.
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by cornelboy(f): 1:17am On Oct 31, 2022
OkCornel:

Read John 21 v 25 slowly…
Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written.
Who capped God’s words at 66 books, excluded the Apocrypha and lied 66 books alone are sufficient and the complete word of God?
Where did God cap his words at 66 books?
I have already told you that even 1000 books cannot contain God's words.
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 1:21am On Oct 31, 2022
cornelboy:

Lol what kind of sickness did you heal? Fever?

I can't stop laughing cheesy cheesy

Who taught you that you must grow to some point before you can raised the dead through god's power.

Se nah your growth go raised the dead or God's power?

You must be quite popular in your village.

I don't think I can fault JW for your abysmally low level of critical thinking and stunted spiritual growth.

Can you mention one baby in the scripture that performed any miracle? Hopefully this question would trigger whatever's residue is left of your understanding undecided

By the way, you are still deflecting from the question I asked you. Do JWs heal the sick and raise the dead?! Or your kingdom people wallow in unbelief in these things.
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by cornelboy(f): 1:21am On Oct 31, 2022
OkCornel:

Did you read the screenshots and the sources? And you’re still asking who told me what.
My point is, you can’t limit God to 66 books and tell me that’s the complete word of God.
That’s indoctrination, mental slavery and fraud.
Go and rest for one place.
Show me a place where I limited anyone to 66 books.

No need for endless arguement.

One million books cannot contain God's words.
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 1:21am On Oct 31, 2022
cornelboy:

I have already told you that even 1000 books cannot contain God's words.

But the 66 books according to your abysmally low standards is sufficient enough abi? undecided

Do you even understand what your profile picture means?

Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 1:24am On Oct 31, 2022
cornelboy:

In a nutshell, you have two truths. No wahala.

How can truth be more than one?

If multiple people say one truth, does it mean the truth is now one million truths?

It will never be well with whoever did this to you.
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by cornelboy(f): 1:26am On Oct 31, 2022
OkCornel:

I don't think I can fault JW for your abysmally low level of critical thinking and stunted spiritual growth.
Can you mention one baby in the scripture that performed any miracle? Hopefully this question would trigger whatever's residue is left of your understanding undecided
Oh I no know say you be baby na.
Why you come dé claim say you know the every TRUTH.
Oya go and keep learning and come back when you're adult.
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 1:27am On Oct 31, 2022
cornelboy:

Go and rest for one place.
Show me a place where I limited anyone to 66 books.

No need for endless arguement.

One million books cannot contain God's words.

Yet your profile picture says the Bible is the ABSOLUTE TRUTH of God

You're a walking contradiction mehn...

Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 1:30am On Oct 31, 2022
cornelboy:

Oh I no know say you be baby na.
Why you come dé claim say you know the every TRUTH.
Oya go and keep learning and come back when you're adult.

Like I said, it would never be well with whoever did this to your mind and sapped your ability to think critically.

Mention one baby in the scriptures that performed miracles.

Also, do JWs heal the sick and raise the dead? Or you wallow in unbelief in these things...you can't deflect this question no matter now hard you try with silly replies.
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by cornelboy(f): 1:30am On Oct 31, 2022
OkCornel:

How can truth be more than one?
If multiple people say one truth, does it mean the truth is now one million truths?
It will never be well with whoever did this to you.
Jesus the truth taught us to pray for our enemy and bless them and you're here cursing someone that didn't offend you.

"By their fruits you will know them".

Ọmọ you're just empty like many church goers.
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 1:32am On Oct 31, 2022
cornelboy:

Jesus the truth taught us to pray for our enemy and bless them and you're here cursing someone that didn't offend you.

Ọmọ you're just empty like many church goers.

Says the person who now shifts his stance to "one million books cannot contain the words of God"

Yet in another breath, he claims the bible is the ABSOLUTE TRUTH of God.

Your are utterly confused. It will never be well with whoever did this to your mind.

Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by cornelboy(f): 1:32am On Oct 31, 2022
OkCornel:

But the 66 books according to your abysmally low standards is sufficient enough abi? undecided
Do you even understand what your profile picture means?
The Bible is sufficient for my salvation.
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by cornelboy(f): 1:34am On Oct 31, 2022
OkCornel:

Says the person who now shifts his stance to "one million books cannot contain the words of God"
Yet in another breath, he claims the bible is the ABSOLUTE TRUTH of God.
Your are utterly confused. It will never be well with whoever did this to your mind.
Na the holy ghost in you dé make you curse person wey no even offend you na cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 / Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy / Blessed Cyprian Michael Iwene Tansi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.