Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,459 members, 7,850,600 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:28 AM

My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. - Romance (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. (41391 Views)

This Is What We Have Left In The Dating World,genz Baddies / Would you date an atheist? / My Experience As A Bar Man In A Lagos Brothel . ( Life lesson) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by kingxsamz(m): 5:03am On Oct 26, 2022
cornelboy:

Seems you didn't understand the question.
I didn't say religion come before humans, that's very illogical.
How on earth would you even ask me that dumb question?

Do you know or have any written records of the times religion was not existing?

Answer my question and I'll answer yours.

That's a very childish question. You might as well ask me if there's any record of a time where humans didn't eat meat.
If you already know religion does not predate humans, then asking for records for a time where it didn't exist is you just being unnecessary irrational. Very silly question.
When you're ready to answer mine, let me know. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by kingxsamz(m): 5:21am On Oct 26, 2022
jasminer:

Wolf dog breeds nkor? But everyone likes the cute dogs that are produced when a wolf is crossed with a dog.

What about mules which are offsprings of a Horse and a donkey? And are highly prized burden bearers?

Buffalo cow that's highly sought after for it's amazing leather and abundance of beef nkor?

It's not common doesn't mean it's an abomination so why judge a woman who felt like mating with a fellow animal?

If a theist says it's wrong for humans and animals to breed cus humans are not animals and are made in the image of God, it's understandable.

But as an atheist, you claim to stand for liberal mindedness and stark facts. It has been proven scientifically that humans belong to kingdom animalia so why are you discriminating against other animals and judging people's right to do whatever with their body? Isn't that a form of racism?

If you stand for liberal mindedness, you can't be selective about it. If you don't like it, that's your right but you have no right to condemn anyone practicing it undecided

My nigga, HUMANS ARE NOT COMPATIBLE WITH ANY OF THOSE ANIMALS!!! . How many times do I have to stress this?
Why don't you go ahead and Bleep a cow, let's see the beautiful crossbreeds you're going to have? undecided And when there's a new virus out there because of the incessant "sex" you're having with animals, you people will begin to wail that you're being forced by the government to take vaccines.
Are you even reading what I'm typing at all?
If you are, think before answering me again. Discrimination ko.
Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by AdeProgrammer(m): 7:40am On Oct 26, 2022
kingxsamz:

At least think very well about what you want to say before actually saying it.
You're quoting the bible for me. So how did humans live before Christianity or religion?
Do you think killing humans wasn't considered morally wrong before the invention of the Christian god? Answer. undecided

Also, sin is a religious concept and I don't ascribe to that.
I enjoy fornication or whatever you call it, and I bask in it. And it'll always be that way. I feel no ounce of guilt.

The Christian God has always been in existence even before man!
You lost it somewhere. I plead with you retrace your way back to your creator, whom you will later give account to, before it will be too late. Shalom.
Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by kingxsamz(m): 7:44am On Oct 26, 2022
AdeProgrammer:

The Christian God has always been in existence even before man!
You lost it somewhere. I plead with you retrace your way back to your creator, whom you will later give account to, before it will be too late. Shalom.

Keep pleading.
Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by Peterrio: 8:14am On Oct 26, 2022
tete7000:

Leave hypocrisy for the religious people to deal with. That shouldn't be your headache. In fact, if anything you suppose to be glad you ain't part of our system.

I'm glad I'm not a part of your system

It's not my headache

It's just amusing to me

As a kid, I thought Christians, religious people in general were reliable and straightforward

1 Like

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by jasminer: 8:24am On Oct 26, 2022
kingxsamz:

My nigga, HUMANS ARE NOT COMPATIBLE WITH ANY OF THOSE ANIMALS!!! . How many times do I have to stress this?
Why don't you go ahead and Bleep a cow, let's see the beautiful crossbreeds you're going to have? undecided And when there's a new virus out there because of the incessant "sex" you're having with animals, you people will begin to wail that you're being forced by the government to take vaccines.
Are you even reading what I'm typing at all?
If you are, think before answering me again. Discrimination ko.

What about the viruses that come from cross breeding species and Genetically modified foods?

That humans can't produce offsprings with those animals doesn't mean a woman can't have fun with her beloved puppy na. Lol.

My point is that, as an atheist and based on your beliefs, you can't condemn people who engage in beastiality. It begins to sound like you're shooting yourself in the leg undecided

Religions are the ones who condemn beastiality, nudity, pre marital sex etc. So condemning these things now puts you on the same page with religious folks and makes you sound religious.
Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by tete7000(m): 9:08am On Oct 26, 2022
Peterrio:

I'm glad I'm not a part of your system

It's not my headache

It's just amusing to me

As a kid, I thought Christians, religious people in general were reliable and straightforward

When you become a Christian, we can begin to discuss Christian hypocrisy as you call it.
Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by Namdio(m): 9:53am On Oct 26, 2022
uche40:

But, at the very least, it's good to know you're aware that you really did veer off on a ridiculous tangent. I'll indulge you just this once.

Thanks

uche40:
Now, let me clue you in on something important: whenever you select one-dimensional features or attributes of various definitions of God, in an attempt to appeal to your subjective insight of the term "God", your selection -- by implication -- can be applied to any event or activity we partake in which we accord too much importance and attention to, or which we excessively admire.

In light of your limited selection of features, I think it's safe to assume that

1) Anti-abortion campaigns are Gods
2) Skydiving is a God.
3) Playing under the rain is a God

By your definition, every single activity that people partake in is "God", making the term too broad and unintelligible since it won't convey any significant information.

Maybe it will to you, I don't know. You're strange.

I hold the belief that, every analogy can be pushed to the limits. And I intend to stand by it.

People have Gods of forging, gods of wine, and the Japanese even have god of the toilet

Kawaya no Kami, kami of the toilet.

Goddess of learning and the arts
https://www.britannica.com/topic/Sarasvati

So yes, skydiving could be a god to some people, anti-abortion campaigns to others, and playing under the rain to another group.

So, yes, I'm strange. And yes it made sense to me.

uche40:
This sentence indicates to me that you probably just skimmed through my post without giving it a thorough reading. I already refuted this claim by pointing out that not all atheists give importance to facts and figures. I made mention of spiritual atheists who believe in Karma -- which isn't supported by any evidence, facts or figures. Your repetition of this canard after I've already shown you the inaccuracy leads me to question what ulterior motives you have in this discussion.
Ah, I apologise. I have no ulterior motives, I guess I didn't understand that part of what you were saying. Thanks for the clarification.

uche40:
If the knowledge of a specific mechanism which brings about thunder and lightning is already accessible to us, I fail to see the relevance of looking for other possible mechanisms through which thunder and lightning could also be brought about.
I think I need to clarify. The point of my argument wasn't that there exists another mechanism by which thunder and lightning forms. My point was that to empirically KNOW the cause of lightning for every case, you need to prove what you know in each case. Or else you believe that it does.

uche40:
You can neither prove or disprove an unknown.

And no one is asking anyone to. What I am saying, is you prove the known to ensure it is known.

Perhaps a better analogy is in order.

Imagine
if you received money. You went to the bank and made sure the money was there. At that point you know, there is money in you account.

You leave there and go to a shop believing you have money in your account and upon arrival, you realised that the money isn't there again. You know at that moment you don't have money in your account. Hence you have disproved your knowledge. If however, you successfully bought things your knowledge would have been proved.

What I am trying to say is that Knowledge ends at the point of knowing and belief takes over until the next point of knowing.

So you may know that God exists at that point, but until you prove again that he/she/it does empirically exist you can only believe he/she/it does.
Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by kingxsamz(m): 10:45am On Oct 26, 2022
jasminer:

What about the viruses that come from cross breeding species and Genetically modified foods?

That humans can't produce offsprings with those animals doesn't mean a woman can't have fun with her beloved puppy na. Lol.

My point is that, as an atheist and based on your beliefs, you can't condemn people who engage in beastiality. It begins to sound like you're shooting yourself in the leg undecided

Religions are the ones who condemn beastiality, nudity, pre marital sex etc. So condemning these things now puts you on the same page with religious folks and makes you sound religious.

Athiests don't have rules to follow so your point is irrelevant.
I find it disgusting, another atheist could find it pleasing, while another atheist could be undecided with it.
You could decide to start eating your feaces today, will I find it disgusting? Yes. Will I discriminate you for it? No , because it's your life. It doesn't mean I shouldn't have an opinion about it.
That's what it is. Atheists are not a group of people guided by the same ideology, goals, beliefs, likes and wants. So you trying to group all atheists under one category to validate your point won't work. All you're trying to say is an atheist has to be pleased with whatever anyone does, whether it's disgusting or not and shouldn't have an opinion about anything. And that won't work cause it makes no sense.
An atheist just don't believe in a god, it's as simple as that, any other thing is irrelevant.

1 Like

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by kingxsamz(m): 10:54am On Oct 26, 2022
jasminer:

After establishing the fact that religious people are the ones who condemn and atheists are free people, so they're free to accept or condemn...
Now please answer me, quickly.
Is genocide, infanticide, incest, slavery and rape wrong?
I need direct answers. Thank you.
Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by NeckingNgulping(m): 11:04am On Oct 26, 2022
suicidesheep:

Which states law have foundation in religion, don’t your know religious countries are the shittiest countries to live in eg nigeria, America, Muslim nations.
Why do you think predominantly atheist countries (Norway Latvia, Luxembourg) are the best places in the world to live.

I can’t continue this conversation with you because you’re a bigot and everyone knows how conversations with your kind goes.

Like I said if it’s cause of your religion you don’t commit certain crimes. Then you should really check yourself as a person

Thanks for taking your time to school them accordingly. I don't really have the time to respond to their hocus pocus bullsh*t.
Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by Namdio(m): 12:19pm On Oct 26, 2022
suicidesheep:

Which states law have foundation in religion, don’t your know religious countries are the shittiest countries to live in eg nigeria, America, Muslim nations.
Why do you think predominantly atheist countries (Norway Latvia, Luxembourg) are the best places in the world to live.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/best-countries-to-live-in

8 out of 10 predominantly Christian

https://livingcost.org/best

7 out of 10 predominantly Christian

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countries/rankings/quality-of-life

7 out of 10 predominantly Christian

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countries/rankings

9 out of 10 predominantly Christian

https://govisafree.com/countries-best-quality-of-life/

9 out of 10 predominantly Christian
Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by suicidesheep: 12:59pm On Oct 26, 2022
NeckingNgulping:

Thanks for taking your time to school them accordingly. I don't really have the time to respond to their hocus pocus bullsh*t.

The worst thing is the idiots are still pushing the notion that it’s cause of their religion they don’t do bad. Sometimes I wonder if these people actually think about what they say or look at their lives from another perspective. There’s no difference between them and religious extremism that commit atrocities in the name of religion

1 Like

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by suicidesheep: 1:02pm On Oct 26, 2022
kingxsamz:

Athiests don't have rules to follow so your point is irrelevant.
I find it disgusting, another atheist could find it pleasing, while another atheist could be undecided with it.
You could decide to start eating your feaces today, will I find it disgusting? Yes. Will I discriminate you for it? No , because it's your life. It doesn't mean I shouldn't have an opinion about it.
That's what it is. Atheists are not a group of people guided by the same ideology, goals, beliefs, likes and wants. So you trying to group all atheists under one category to validate your point won't work. All you're trying to say is an atheist has to be pleased with whatever anyone does, whether it's disgusting or not and shouldn't have an opinion about anything. And that won't work cause it makes no sense.
An atheist just don't believe in a god, it's as simple as that, any other thing is irrelevant.

You spoke nothing but sense my brother, their bigotry have made them have a very stupid generalization of atheism. One fool is still pushing the notion that cause one is atheist then automatically that person is bad cause they don’t have religion to guide. Like wtf kind of mentality is that?

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by kingxsamz(m): 1:09pm On Oct 26, 2022
suicidesheep:

You spoke nothing but sense my brother, their bigotry have made them have a very stupid generalization of atheism. One fool is still pushing the notion that cause one is atheist then automatically that person is bad cause they don’t have religion to guide. Like wtf kind of mentality is that?

It's tiring. If these people can acknowledge the fact that the only thing that makes atheists similar is the lack belief in a god, they would stop asking these unnecessary questions.
Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by kingxsamz(m): 1:16pm On Oct 26, 2022
tete7000:

And what I am telling you is that you don't kill because there are moral codes that prohibit you from killing. Fortunately, religion provides you with some of the codes that prohibits you from committing crimes. Does atheism provide you with any one? Not at all. It gives you absolute freedom to be your own god and dictate to yourself what you consider good or bad. It makes you your own god. In the long run, it promotes chaos and disorderliness because where there are no law, there will be no sin. I am sure people like you will want to come and argue with me that you follow state's laws. Unfortunately many of those state's laws have their foundation in religion.

So if killing children for being disobedient becomes a law in your religion, will you go ahead to carry out the act since you are guided by the laws of your religion?

1 Like

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by Image123(m): 1:25pm On Oct 26, 2022
kingxsamz:

So if killing children for being disobedient becomes a law in your religion, will you go ahead to carry out the act since you are guided by the laws of your religion?

Who will make it a law, you?
Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by jasminer: 1:38pm On Oct 26, 2022
kingxsamz:

After establishing the fact that religious people are the ones who condemn and atheists are free people, so they're free to accept or condemn...
Now please answer me, quickly.
Is genocide, infanticide, incest, slavery and rape wrong?
I need direct answers. Thank you.

Yes they are wrong.

Buy you however haven't told me why beastiality is wrong since we're all animals according to atheists.
Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by kingxsamz(m): 1:44pm On Oct 26, 2022
Image123:

Who will make it a law, you?

Yes me. Any problem?
Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by kingxsamz(m): 1:51pm On Oct 26, 2022
jasminer:

Yes they are wrong.

Buy you however haven't told me why beastiality is wrong since we're all animals according to atheists.

I did not tell you it's wrong, neither did I tell you it's right. I told you it's disgusting. I have been saying that since.

we're all animals according to atheists.
And I already told you in the previous post that atheists do not have the same ideology, belief or concept of life. So there are atheists who feel humans are animals and there are those who don't. So nothing like "according to atheists" here.

Now back to my question.
You are a Christian, is it okay to engage in incest, slavery, genocide, human sacrifice and infanticide if the Christian god orders it, permits it or allows it?
Give me a straightforward answer.
Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by Image123(m): 2:25pm On Oct 26, 2022
kingxsamz:

Yes me. Any problem?

How can there be any problem?
Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by temi1290: 2:32pm On Oct 26, 2022
Youoareofoolish:

Oga carry your cdossand stop whining like abitch. Shebi na you wan do atheist, why you want make others think like you. You lots and lgbtq are not tired of forcing your views on us

I've never seen an atheist sharing tract and flyers about their upcoming crusade, never seen an atheist wake up as early as 5 am to disturb the neighborhood about a certain jesus who has been soon for more than two thousand years now, never seen an atheist knock on my door asking me for a few minutes of my time to share the good news with me but somehow we are forcing our views on you

1 Like

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by cornelboy(f): 2:51pm On Oct 26, 2022
kingxsamz:

That's a very childish question. You might as well ask me if there's any record of a time where humans didn't eat meat.
If you already know religion does not predate humans, then asking for records for a time where it didn't exist is you just being unnecessary irrational. Very silly question.
When you're ready to answer mine, let me know. cheesy
You no even smart at all.
Na you talk say there's moral before religion start to exist and I ask if you by any means know the times religion wasn't existing and how people were cohabiting with themselves then.

Without the intervention of the supreme being, humans will always fail to cohabit peacefully.
Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by kingxsamz(m): 3:28pm On Oct 26, 2022
cornelboy:

You no even smart at all.
Na you talk say there's moral before religion start to exist and I ask if you by any means know the times religion wasn't existing and how people were cohabiting with themselves then.

Without the intervention of the supreme being, humans will always fail to cohabit peacefully.

You're not quite bright.
If you were you'd realize that many religions have their laws, rules, moral values and god. So if your Supreme being is responsible for the rules you follow, how about those other thousands of religion?
And like I said, before the invention of your god and religion, people have always known certain actions to be unfair or outright terrible.
That's why your country Nigeria is ravaging in crimes being carried out by those practicing these religions and less religious societies are prospering.
Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by jasminer: 3:31pm On Oct 26, 2022
kingxsamz:

I did not tell you it's wrong, neither did I tell you it's right. I told you it's disgusting. I have been saying that since.

And I already told you in the previous post that atheists do not have the same ideology, belief or concept of life. So there are atheists who feel humans are animals and there are those who don't. So nothing like "according to atheists" here.

Now back to my question.
You are a Christian, is it okay to engage in incest, slavery, genocide, human sacrifice and infanticide if the Christian god orders it, permits it or allows it?
Give me a straightforward answer.

You call a human being disgusting and say it's not wrong? Lol, can something right or good be referred to as disgusting?

To your question... I find incest, slavery, genocide etc wrong because firstly Christ never stood for any of those things and Christ's teachings do not promote such.
So if anyone tells me my God ordered it, I won't believe neither will I accept it.
Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by kingxsamz(m): 3:51pm On Oct 26, 2022
jasminer:

You call a human being disgusting and say it's not wrong? Lol, can something right or good be referred to as disgusting?

@Bolded, YES!
A mother sucking cattarh off her child's nose to breath easily is considered good. Is it disgusting? Yes it is. Giving cpr and placing your mouth into a random strangers mouth to help them breath is good. Is it disgusting? YES.
So there you go.
And I called the act itself disgusting.
Same way I find eating feaces disgusting. Same way I find loudly eating with your mouth open disgusting. There are people who do these things. Are they wrong or right? I don't know and don't care. Will I discriminate people who do these things? Big No.
In conclusion, it's your life and I don't care.

To your question... I find incest, slavery, genocide etc wrong because firstly Christ never stood for any of those things and Christ's teachings do not promote such.
So if anyone tells me my God ordered it, I won't believe neither will I accept it.

Now to this.
I asked if it would be okay if the Christian god orders it, permits it or allows it. I didn't ask you if it was wrong or right. I asked you if you would consider any of those acts okay given the reasons.
So please give me a straightforward answer.

1 Like

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by Peterrio: 5:18pm On Oct 26, 2022
tete7000:

When you become a Christian, we can begin to discuss Christian hypocrisy as you call it.

I don't care to discuss your Christian hypocrisy

Relax under cool tree shades this evening
Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by tete7000(m): 5:55pm On Oct 26, 2022
kingxsamz:

Bros I know more than you are trying to prove to know, I study a bit of philosophy. No archaic or insane content is in my religious law. You can calm your nerves.
Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by cornelboy(f): 6:11pm On Oct 26, 2022
kingxsamz:

You're not quite bright.
And like I said, before the invention of your god and religion, people have always known certain actions to be unfair or outright terrible.
Lol. How did you know this, where are the evidences that some people before the invention of God and religion have moral principles?

If you were you'd realize that many religions have their laws, rules, moral values and god. So if your Supreme being is responsible for the rules you follow, how about those other thousands of religion
So how those this prove that laws, rules and moral principles didn't begin with the supreme being or religion?

That's why your country Nigeria is ravaging in crimes being carried out by those practicing these religions and less religious societies are prospering.
Lol. Your so funny.
Israel is a religious country and they are prospering. They are Islam states that are doing well.

US was quite a religious country and they were prospering.

Religion might not have anything to do with the prosperity of a country.

The religions commonly practised in Nigeria were even brought by the people in prospering countries.
Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by Image123(m): 6:35pm On Oct 26, 2022
kingxsamz:

Now to this.
I asked if it would be okay if the Christian god orders it, permits it or allows it. I didn't ask you if it was wrong or right. I asked you if you would consider any of those acts okay given the reasons.
So please give me a straightforward answer.

Lolz, you this comedian. You said that you will make the laws na. Why should you be asking silly/foolish questions of IF God will do something when it is clear from the Bible that He will not?
Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by kingxsamz(m): 7:27pm On Oct 26, 2022
Image123:

Lolz, you this comedian. You said that you will make the laws na. Why should you be asking silly/foolish questions of IF God will do something when it is clear from the Bible that He will not?

Yes I'll make them, any problem?

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (29) (Reply)

Guys! Why You Should Stop Sleeping With That Cheating Girlfriend / Training Me Through School Doesn’t Mean I Will Marry You—lady Tells Partner (vid / 11 Signs That He Sees You As His Future Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.