Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,548 members, 7,837,097 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? (39945 Views)

Putting God First: Modern-Day Idolatry Among Christians Today / A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church / Physically In Church. But Mind Elsewhere - Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by pilgrim1(f): 1:55pm On Aug 30, 2007
smile4kenn:

thats why you guys faith is limited. Everything catholics do is in the bible. it needs divince grace to understand the bible and i have not seen any religion that understands the bible more than catholics.

Okay. Case submitted. One small kweshun: Tell me, after what you have said up there, is that why Catholics have not been able to demonstrate the same "understanding" of the Bible that you talk about? grin

Second kweshun: if "everything Catholics do is in the Bible," how is it then that Catholics have not been able to provide answers to the few questions people have asked? undecided
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by smile4kenn(m): 1:59pm On Aug 30, 2007
ll the kwesun asked are senseless
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Iman3(m): 2:03pm On Aug 30, 2007
Probably they were in the minority - hiding for fear of the same Catholic mercenaries who chased them around under every clime

If you don't know something,blustery won't cover your ignorance.Probably in the minority,heh?  grin  grin Except for one little detail-they didn't exist then! No Protestants.No Evangelicals.We wouldn't have had any discussions about Christianity,only the merits and de-merits of Shia and Sunni Islam!

I will ignore your laughable comments about the Evangelicals and Protestants in the indigenous population of the Middle-East.Perhaps,there is a media conspiracy to suggest that almost all indigenous Christians are either Catholic or Othordox.
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by pilgrim1(f): 2:46pm On Aug 30, 2007
smile4kenn:

ll the kwesun asked are senseless

I know, dear smile4kenn, I know. . . grin
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by pilgrim1(f): 2:53pm On Aug 30, 2007
I-man:

If you don't know something,blustery won't cover your ignorance.Probably in the minority,heh?  grin  grin Except for one little detail-they didn't exist then! No Protestants.No Evangelicals.We wouldn't have had any discussions about Christianity,only the merits and de-merits of Shia and Sunni Islam!

Hahaha. . hohoho!! I can't believe you fell for that noose!! grin  cheesy  grin Why do you think I left you a tongue-out in that line? tongue Haven't we been through this before to make you aware that indeed I knew when Protetstantism emerged? I-man. . . I no fit laugh! At the same time that you knew that they did not exist, you were asking where they were?!? And when I teased you on it, hypertension hold you!  grin  grin

I-man:

I will ignore your laughable comments about the Evangelicals and Protestants in the indigenous population of the Middle-East.Perhaps,there is a media conspiracy to suggest that almost all indigenous Christians are either Catholic or Othordox.

It's not wise to ignore facts - and because I knew that would predictably be your Catholic response, I simply didn't leave you any references. Do your own media reporting. grin

Kai, I-man. . . you have made my day with your comical reaction! grin  cheesy  grin
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by locoman(m): 3:07pm On Aug 30, 2007
@texazzpete

The last Pope before this (John Paul II) came to Nigeria to perform that rituals i am sure of that i was in Nigeria at that time. Only I cant remember exactly what name they call that type of practice. But am sure of it.
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by locoman(m): 3:11pm On Aug 30, 2007
@smile4kenn

You did not answer any question you only say your mind. When where you baptised? and when did you gave your life to Christ? or maybe to Mary?
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by locoman(m): 3:25pm On Aug 30, 2007
@I-man

I will give you a clear details on how Catholicism gave right hand of fellowship to the Islam. Catholicism could not stop Islam from springing up so they signed a treathing that Islam should help and eliminate the protestants that stands against the Pope supremacy. That is why Islam and Catholics have things in common. The Islam has one pattern of mosque, that is the pattern of the pope cap. And they also introduce chaplets to them, Catholic is the only church the Islam respect.

To confirm this why will Catholic have a parish they named our lady of Fatima ? who is this Fatima ? Fatima is the daughter of Mohammad. Why this relationship ?
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Backslider(m): 3:36pm On Aug 30, 2007
They both worship a demon called the Queen of heaven. The demon possessed clergy will only spew out more demon culture.

The evil congregation of the worship of the queen of heaven in all religions are being strengthened in this end days.

Remember that Satan told Eve that She will be as God?
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by smile4kenn(m): 3:49pm On Aug 30, 2007
Backslider:

They both worship a demon called the Queen of heaven. The demon possessed clergy will only spew out more demon culture.

The evil congregation of the worship of the queen of heaven in all religions are being strengthened in this end days.

Remember that Satan told Eve that She will be as God?

I feel Mary shading tears for all the rubbish u guys are saying, this will be d last time i will visit this topic and if possible stop visiting nairaland, I wonder why seun will allow this thread to stay longer when he knows that it insults some people's religion.

Call my mother Virgin, shes the Queen of heaven, mirror of justice,

Why not focus on ur religion and worship God, instead of causing more harm to ur soul. I am happy that God is merciful, if not He would have crushed you people, and crushed nairaland too.
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Backslider(m): 3:50pm On Aug 30, 2007
The appearance of "mary" is a demon this is an aspect of The Worship of Ashteorth
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Backslider(m): 3:58pm On Aug 30, 2007
Smile4kenn

Yes the Mary that appears in the sky is a demon disguised as a woman. You need to read the bible so that you can set your soul free. The other religions worship the moon god, this is another form Idol Worship.

The good news is that the real Mary is in heaven with the Lord and other saints
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by pilgrim1(f): 4:07pm On Aug 30, 2007
Dear Backslider,

Although I'm not a Catholic, as a Protestant I'd advise that you show some more understanding to the feelings of others when you try to discuss with them. I don't think we could ever win the respect of those we seek to address when we denounce them at first instance. If we don't agree with their persuasions, we can dialogue with them and show them from God's WORD the reasons why we believe what we believe.

Even when my persuasions are strongly not in agreement with Catholicism, I dare say that I deeply respect the attitude displayed by Catholics in all the threads I've visited. WHY? If you excuse my ignorance, I can say that it stands to record that NO Catholic has denounced Protestants by calling us EVIL and all sorts! And yet, we can't deny that there are very many evils that Protestants have done!

I beg us all, we may not agree on a number of issues - but we can agree on one thing: love never faileth! smiley
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by pilgrim1(f): 4:15pm On Aug 30, 2007
smile4kenn:

this will be d last time i will visit this topic and if possible stop visiting nairaland, . . .

I am happy that God is merciful, if not He would have crushed you people, and crushed nairaland too.

Biko smile4kenn, if you happen to read this, I beg you not to take it badly or let anything anyone says to get you so badly. I beg you with love in my heart. As Christians, we are also called to endure the uncharitable things people may say and do against us (Php. 1:29 -- "For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake"wink. Your sister pilgrim.1 has been called a lot of things - some painful, some simply funny. Above all, I ca thank God that the one thing Nairalanders have never failed to show me is. . . their LOVE and good humour. wink

Forgive, forebear, forego whatever hurts you may have experienced. God bless you as you do.

For His name sake. smiley
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by ebos(m): 4:35pm On Aug 30, 2007
I have never seen any Protestant Churches preaching salvation. They only preach 7 steps to be rich. The 20 steps to build a business empire. Don’t cheat God - pay your tithe. Nothing again? They only enjoy Christianity on a platter of gold.

After a lot of Catholic Priests, Monks etc have risked their lives to establish Christianity in all danger zones. Then, Protestants will come claiming to possess the truth. One of my classmates who was ordained a Priest in 2002 was killed a year after his ordination in (Palestine) trying to preach Christ, while many have been killed in No-Go-Area places.

With what I’m seeing, it’s easier for an immobile stone to respond than a bigot. But Satan takes all the blame.

Most people would agree that the experience of faith is immeasurable. "Why We Believe What We Believe," begs to differ. I don’t know if Catholic needs to convince large numbers of people to believe? If you put your hand into the fire, does anyone have to tell you to move it? Do you have to decide? No: when your hand starts to burn, it moves. You don’t have to direct it; the hand moves itself. In the same way, once you understand the true Catholic teaching, through inquiry, certainly, you do away your own belief. Nonsense!
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Backslider(m): 4:46pm On Aug 30, 2007
I am not bothered in what people believe but in what the bible preaches, no lowering the standard brethren.

If you go back to history I know of what catholicism did to some of the true soldiers of Christ and some civilians they did not dialogue Then If not the Lord had broken the POWER OF ROME THEY WILL STILL BE IN PERSECUTION OF CHRISTIANS CALLING THEM HERETICS. I say they worship the demon called the Queen of Heaven.

She is the old Dragon trying to resurface from the pit of Hell.
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by cgift(m): 4:53pm On Aug 30, 2007
shocked oops!watching from the sidelins.
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by bigfred(m): 5:13pm On Aug 30, 2007
Backslider:

The appearance of "mary" is a demon this is an aspect of The Worship of Ashteorth

Blackslider,I rebuke you in Jesus name!, hope you are not refering to BLESSED VIRGIN MARY,may be it's mary your girl friend who refused to marry you.My dear Catholic brothers and sisters don't take him serious; after all, he is a backslider. He will repent and then apologise.

@smile4ken
If you will take such a decision because of a statement (though annoying), what would you say about Jesus who was persecuted and killed for no wrong of his.Stay, share your views,get other peoples views and pray for him to repent and be forgiven please!
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by texazzpete(m): 5:15pm On Aug 30, 2007
@PBackslider
Even though i cheapen myself by responding to your stupidity, i must suggest to you that you use your brains next time you appear on this forum. There's a reason this is called a 'Discussion Forum' and that's because we're all supposed to learn by discussion. Spouting dumb remarks (probably spoon-fed you by your pastor) doesn't show much for your intelligence.
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by cgift(m): 5:21pm On Aug 30, 2007
Pls lets pardon Backslider. He would need to just help us with very useful links or scriptures to backup his claims. Thats all we need ask though he's being too raw.
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Backslider(m): 5:23pm On Aug 30, 2007
Those who know me know I don't do insults. If I am a fool please enlighten me. I am not disturbed about calling of names Jesus my God in whom Mary worshiped when she was on earth called Peter Satan.

Use your time to tell me the Mary that appears is not a Demon. If you can prove to me it is Mary the Physical mother of Jesus. I will withdraw all i have said and apologize. If not I will not do so.
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Iman3(m): 6:24pm On Aug 30, 2007
@Pilgrim 1

This is for you-http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4499668.stm Try and find Redeemed,Fire On The Mountain,Winners Chapel.e.t.c  grin Actually,try and find Protestants as well  grin Israel doesn't count since it guarantees religious freedoms.Good luck

Haven't we been through this before to make you aware that indeed I knew when Protetstantism emerged?

Ha!All along,I think say una be the "Biblical Church" post-Biblical times   grin  grin How could you have "emerged " when you were never gone.Na magic be that.So wetin come happen to the Biblical Church before una emerge? Dem go spiritual leave?im no dey fair o!Dem just leave idolatrous Catholics and Othordox Churches alone to fight off the Muslim invaders.

Na wa! Why is it that Catholics like to be so self-accusative?
Are you saying that Locoman is a Catholic? shocked This thing na big mystery o.Firstly,people emerge who were never really gone,then someone is against what he is undecided
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by pilgrim1(f): 8:12pm On Aug 30, 2007
@I-man,

I-man:

This is for you-http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4499668.stm Try and find Redeemed,Fire On The Mountain,Winners Chapel.e.t.c  grin Actually,try and find Protestants as well  grin Israel doesn't count since it guarantees religious freedoms.Good luck

Lol, thanks. That was an assignment that got you moving, well done. But hey, let's go back to your previous assertion:

I-man:

One thing is particularly staggering-the near total abscence of indigenous Evangelicals or Protestants in places like Iraq,Egypt or Iran.

I visited the link you offered (seen it before) and this is what they have there on Iraq:

"The Assyrian church - the Ancient Church of the East, also sometimes referred to as the Nestorian church -
traces its roots back to 2nd Century Mesopotamia and is not Catholic.

Iraq also has communities of Syrian Catholics, Syrian Orthodox, Copts, Armenian Orthodox, Armenian Catholics,
Greek Orthodox and Greek Catholics, as well as Anglicans and Evangelicals."

Source: (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4499668.stm#iraq)

Did you say "Actually,try and find Protestants as well"? Well, I wonder if you hurriedly skimmed through to have missed them in the above excerpt. "Anglicans and Evangelicals" - are those also "Catholics". . or is there yet another term by which you magically describe them other than Protestants?

I-man. . abeg help me, I no fit laugh again for your wayo! grin   I already hinted that I deliberately did not leave you any links earlier - because I had the premonition you'd go back to that very same link as your first-aid! You're so predictable these days! grin  grin

I-man:

Ha!All along,I think say una be the "Biblical Church" post-Biblical times   grin  grin How could you have "emerged " when you were never gone.Na magic be that.So wetin come happen to the Biblical Church before una emerge? Dem go spiritual leave?im no dey fair o!Dem just leave idolatrous Catholics and Othordox Churches alone to fight off the Muslim invaders.

No vex, I apologise. We just wanted you guys to write the bloody history before we came out from our holes where you chased us into! grin

I-man:

Are you saying that Locoman is a Catholic? shocked This thing na big mystery o.Firstly,people emerge who were never really gone,then someone is against what he is undecided

But Locoman suppose call Vatican hotline if I had supposed he was Catholicgrin

The self-accusation was about the line in yours that "Catholicism ceases to be Christian and becomes idolatory"!! grin Okay, I take that back - I quoted you out of context! But man, thanks for being such a good sport for serious laughs this evening!  grin
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by wakiri: 8:56pm On Aug 30, 2007
THE TRUTH ABOUT CATHOLICISM.
http://www.chick.com/information/religions/catholicism/
Now you GOT NO EXCUSE!
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Iman3(m): 9:32pm On Aug 30, 2007
Iraq also has communities of Syrian Catholics, Syrian Orthodox, Copts, Armenian Orthodox, Armenian Catholics,
Greek Orthodox and Greek Catholics, as well as Anglicans and Evangelicals."

How does the above controvert the "near total abscence" of Protestants and Evangelicals in places like Egypt,Iraq and Iran? The point is not that they don't exist,in which case I would have stated "total abscence",but they are a fringe minority amongst indigenes.

Not non-existent but barely existent viz near total abscence.The link listed 5 Arab states and Iran,while mentioning Protestants/Evangelicals in two of them-I excluded Israel and the occupied territories.How did that controvert "near total absence"?Debating the composition of the indigenous Christian population in the Middle East and its fringe Evangelical/Protestant communities will be like debating whether the Mourides are near totally absent in the Muslim populace.

No vex, I apologise. We just wanted you guys to write the bloody history before we came out from our holes where you chased us into!

This is you at your blithering best! grin So you subscribe to the cave theory?(someone mentioned that the Protestants hid in caves from Catholics untill their emergence in the 15 century) grin grin How could we chase you into holes(caves) when you came into existence 1,400 years after the birth of Christianity ? What happened in the prior 14 centuries of Christianity? How can you chase people that don't exist? grin grin

I admire your logic.You don't want facts to get in the way of your sectarian loyalties.That is why "near total absence" is repudiated by pointing to the Evangelical/Protestant fringe minorities.
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by pilgrim1(f): 9:57pm On Aug 30, 2007
I-man,

Predictable again! grin

I-man:

How does the above controvert the "near total abscence" of Protestants and Evangelicals in places like Egypt,Iraq and Iran? The point is not that they don't exist,in which case I would have stated "total abscence",but they are a fringe minority amongst indigenes.

Not non-existent but barely existent viz near total abscence.The link listed 5 Arab states and Iran,while mentioning Protestants/Evangelicals in two of them-I excluded Israel and the occupied territories.How did that controvert "near total absence"?Debating the composition of the indigenous Christian population in the Middle East and its fringe Evangelical/Protestant communities will be like debating whether the Mourides are near totally absent in the Muslim populace.

Yada-yada! grin . . . this was your argument, dude:

I-man:

Actually,try and find Protestants as well grin

. . . and I pointed you to the fact that Protestants were there! grin

Kai, I-man. . even your own lingo is suffering terribly on your tuff! 'Fringe' or not, please tell me if you have another name for Anglican and Evangelicals other than 'PROTESTANTS'!! Your wayo no go work at all! tongue

I-man:

This is you at your blithering best! grin So you subscribe to the cave theory?(someone mentioned that the Protestants hid in caves from Catholics untill their emergence in the 15 century) grin grin How could we chase you into holes(caves) when you came into existence 1,400 years after the birth of Christianity ? What happened in the prior 14 centuries of Christianity? How can you chase people that don't exist? grin grin

Hehe. . . another yada-yada! grin What was written on the weblink you offered earlier? Here:

"There has been a Christian presence in what is now Iraq since the 2nd Century.
The largest groups are the Chaldean and Assyrian churches, which are descended
form similar roots but generally seen as separate ethnic groups.

The Assyrian church - the Ancient Church of the East, also sometimes referred to as
the Nestorian church - traces its roots back to 2nd Century Mesopotamia and is not Catholic."

Source: (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4499668.stm#iraq)

Lol. . . did you see that the Assyrian Church is NOT Catholic - and it dates back to the 2nd century? grin

Kai, my dear I-man. . . you no go kill me with laff! grin I knew you were going to refer to that link as first-aid; and now see wetin dey happen to you! grin That's why I deliberately left it out of my initial rejionder.

I-man:

I admire your logic.You don't want facts to get in the way of your sectarian loyalties.That is why "near total absence" is repudiated by pointing to the Evangelical/Protestant fringe minorities.

Lol. . . if you only let the facts speak for themselves, you won't be knotting your own shoes and falling flat on your face! Pele! grin
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Iman3(m): 10:03pm On Aug 30, 2007
Lol. . . did you see that the Assyrian Church is NOT Catholic - and it dates back to the 2nd century?

Are you now claiming that the Assyrians and Chaldeans are Evangelicals/Protestants?  shocked  shocked  shocked  shocked This is a landmark discovery! Chei. . . .history is not an obstacle for you,points have to be made by you,no matter what.

So Protestantism dates back to the 2nd century  grin  ;DI don dey learn "history" 

Yada-yada!  . . . this was your argument, dude:

My argument was "near total absence" and you know that.If I thought they were non-existent,I would have claimed total absence and won't have cited the links.Keep up trying to prove that Evangelicals/Protestants are not near totally absent. 

PS:Abeg,do quick and come and "explain" this your "historical discovery"  grin I dey wait very eagerly
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by pilgrim1(f): 10:21pm On Aug 30, 2007
I wish I'd more time to laugh this evening. . but anyhow, leave me some more jokes before I come back tomorrow. grin

Let's see the latest episode:

I-man:

Are you now claiming that the Assyrians and Chaldeans are Evangelicals/Protestants? shocked shocked shocked shocked This is a landmark discovery! Chei. . . .history is not an obstacle for you,points have to be made by you,no matter what.

So Protestantism dates back to the 2nd century grin ;DI don dey learn "history"

Bottomline of the same link you gave said two pivotal things:

[list]
[li]the Assyrian Church is NOT Catholic! tongue[/li]
[/list]

[list]
[li]the Assyrian Church dates back to the 2nd century! tongue[/li]
[/list]

Catholics like you have always tried to blow smoke in everyone's face that no other church ever existed apart from the Catholic Church up until past the 5th century (uhm. . did you say it was the 15th century?). grin Fact is, it's either you didn't quite do your homework well enough; or, you couldn't hide the facts from others - and now yawa don blow! grin

I-man:

My argument was "near total absence" and you know that.If I thought they were non-existent,I would have claimed total absence and won't have cited the links.Keep up trying to prove that Evangelicals/Protestants are not near totally absent.

Hey, it's not my call to "prove" your own blithering best just now. grin You made the call to "try and find Protestants as well" among the several places you listed - and I gave a small example of Iraq by citing Anglican and Evangelicals in that same link! tongue
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Iman3(m): 10:27pm On Aug 30, 2007
Bottomline of the same link you gave said two pivotal things:

the Assyrian Church is NOT Catholic! 

the Assyrian Church dates back to the 2nd century! 

Catholics like you have always tried to blow smoke in everyone's face that no other church ever existed apart from the Catholic Church up until past the 5th century (uhm. .  did you say it was the 15th century?).   Fact is, it's either you didn't quite do your homework well enough; or, you couldn't hide the facts from others - and now yawa don blow!

grin  grin Can I ask you a favour? Can you please find where I claimed Catholicism was the only Church untill the 5th century or 15 century.Just one place.I dey beg you  grin  grin

You claimed we chased you into caves,I then noted that you didn't exist at the relevant time.What does the following have to do with Evangelical/Protestantism?-http://www.cired.org/liturgy.html They are not RCC but I never said they were.They have definitely no links to Evangelical/Protestantism
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Iman3(m): 10:32pm On Aug 30, 2007
Hey, it's not my call to "prove" your own blithering best just now.    You made the call to "try and find Protestants as well" among the several places you listed - and I gave a small example of Iraq by citing Anglican and Evangelicals in that same link!

I showed you the link to show that you guys are marginal in the larger scheme of things-that you are near totally absent amongst indigenes-not that you are non-existent.

Anyway,for someone who pointed to the Assyrian  Church inorder to refute a comment that Evangelicals/Protestants were non-existent for 1400 years. . . .I can only "admire" your "historical knowledge"  grin

I wish I'd more time to laugh this evening. . but anyhow, leave me some more jokes before I come back tomorrow.
Hope you are not hoping that by tommorow,the thread would have moved on.You better come and point out where I said only Catholics existed for 5 or 15 centuries. . . .  and also expand on how the Assyrians disprove my claim that Evangelicals/Protestants didn't exist for 1400 years.I go repost am,if you no respond  grin
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by donjohano(m): 10:46pm On Aug 30, 2007
Every successful and overwhelmingly powerful entity, be it the USA, Microsoft, or the Roman Catholic Church (by far the largest denomination of Christian Churches (1 billion plus) which traces its origins to Saint Peter himself) is going to attract jealousy and fear.

Peace.
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by debosky(m): 10:49pm On Aug 30, 2007
'Saint Peter himself' - I guess that is supposed to make some people jealous

why is he a 'saint' and I or you not? or doesn't the bible refer to us (Christians) all as saints?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (30) (Reply)

Which Prayer Mountain (ori-oke) Can One Go For Serious Prayers & Deliverance? / Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief / Catholic Bishop And His Muslim Mother In Sierra Leone (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.