Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,397 members, 7,857,525 topics. Date: Tuesday, 11 June 2024 at 06:29 PM

Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion (52185 Views)

Governor Sanwo-Olu Witnesses The Arrival Of CMA CGM SCANDOLA At Lekki Port / Lagos Promises To Complete $1.5bn Lekki Port’s Six-Lane Highway / First Largest Container Vessel Berth In Onne Port After 12 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by ModCaller: 10:52pm On Oct 31, 2022
TakeNigeriaBack:

If you are not a zombidiot then stop reasoning like one. Its not that hard. Anyone supporting Obituary is a zombidiot. Are you supporting obituary?

You need to see a doctor. You definitely have a couple of screws loose in your head
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by AlphaTaikun: 10:53pm On Oct 31, 2022
Antoeni:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/10/contractors-hand-over-1-5bn-lekki-port-to-owners-after-completion/
It's poppin'!grin Thanks to Asiwaju 'Bola Ahmed Adekunle Tinubu's foresight years back in the early 2000s, and Lagos State's partnership with Tolaram Group, and the approval of the FG of Nigeria, this Deep Sea port has manifested. Yup... Lagos State has secured the position of a true 21st century international business hub in the Ibeju-Lekki LGA axis (Ibeju-Lekki LGA is a part of Ijebuland just like Epe LGA and Ikorodu LGA) of Lekki Peninsula, Lagos State. More mega projects to come. "Eko o ni baje!"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by Brendaniel: 10:55pm On Oct 31, 2022
teepain:

I am interested in your hypothesis of the FG intervening in the siting of the port. The FG, State and Private Investors must have a consensus before there can be progress. What can the FG do, if private Investors do not want to commit their funds in projects in some locations? Remember that the FG only provides port licensing as it's contribution in exchange for equity and not necessarily cash.

They should handle it the way they handled the railway to Niger Republic ...
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by TakeNigeriaBack: 10:55pm On Oct 31, 2022
ModCaller:
You need to see a doctor. You definitely have a couple of screws loose in your head

Answer the question first: Is peter obi your candidate?
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by grandstar(m): 11:29pm On Oct 31, 2022
Brendaniel:
The truth is when you put National interest first, this port was not necessary for Lagos state as at now, Lagos is very tight and congested causing a lot of pain and hardship on commuters with accidents of containers falling of trailers, this port would have been better utilised in other regions of the country in dire need of working ports to reduce the menace In Lagos and also open other regions to easy import and export.

There is some truth in what you said but the other ports like Apapa and Tinubu Can aren't efficient. There's also the issue of theft.

Another reason why lagos is the preferred location is because a some or a good percentage of the imports would be consumed here

The port is lagos state and not FG owned. It might end up as the preferred port if it is very efficient.
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by Penboy: 11:42pm On Oct 31, 2022
You go borrow loan from China to build your sea port.

Part of the agreement na say na Chinese contractors go develop am for you at their own budget and costing.

Then you spend the next 5 years trying to pay back the loan plus accrued interests.

It is well for Africa!
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by grandstar(m): 11:43pm On Oct 31, 2022
kenny714433:
wink

Normally this country should be working. Just imagine if we have 3 more seaports in other locations, like 2k+ jobs would have been created both directly and indirectly.

What about steel?
Steel is one of the highly sought materials in any construction both house and roads etc.

Just imagine building a steel factory to serve the need of 200Million Nigerians and export to other African countries.

What about Aluminium?
Check your house, 40% of your house plus kitchen utensils are made of aluminium.

But we have abundance of Iron Ore and Aluminium in their raw state.

Let me not talk of gas and coal for power. Oya, reason am. What's stopping Nigeria from growing if not nepotism?

There's a glut of steel in the global market, caused by China. It is better imported as local produced steel can't compete.

Aluminium can be smelted here and I think there's a now Russian owned plant in Nigeria, in Akwa I om. For you to have comparative advantage in manufacturing aluminium, you need lots of power. Aluminium plants get sited where they can get lots of power very cheaply. We have gas in abundance in Nigeria and some of it is even flared.

Having Bauxite is a zero guarantee an aluminium plant will be built. Jamaica had lots of bauxite but investors preferred to set up an aluminium smelter in Ghana which had just built the Okosombo dam. Power from dams is very cheap and the energy from it is usually surplus to the country's requirement when newly built. That's also why Mozambique had 2 aluminium smelters built by international investors.
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by Bigchristo: 11:54pm On Oct 31, 2022
Misterone:
irony! Is it not the APC government that caught the accountant? You are accusing the APC government of an offence by a civilian criminal.
it’s not about being caught will he be prosecuted?where are others who they caught? Check Buratai and former EFCC Magu court cleared them and this one will not be different

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by Kingcalls: 12:20am On Nov 01, 2022
abbey621:

See why people call you moronic? Instead of arguing with substance na vile insult your brain automatically fell to! Yes Jakande and then the military govt started it by relocating the people from Maroko but it was Tinubu and his successors that developed it into what we know today, you can continue arguing with your ancestor omo ale!

U cant defend pa Tinubu and not sound and look stupid...enjoy ur stupidity in peace.....I dont argue with re.tards
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by robertogun(m): 1:18am On Nov 01, 2022
Because we fail to read between the lines, this is how the politicians and civil servants rob us blind under our noses. How is this seaport 1.5billion dollars. A similar port which is 4 times the size was built in Vancouver for 3.5billion Canadian dollars. That is how the same LASG is building 50km of light rail for $21billion when Ethiopia built heavy rail of 500km for a fraction of that
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by seguno2: 4:10am On Nov 01, 2022
Bhol28:
Your reaction proves that you are not better than all these people you mentioned.You have more barbaric attitude and some of them are better than u

Thankfully I am not responsible for your miseducation.
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by omonnakoda: 6:28am On Nov 01, 2022
Since its inception in 2020
The Niger Delta Development Commission has receieved over $40 billion

Yes dollars

Off the mike!!

Yet some idiots will come out talking rubbish

What do they have to show for it

1 Like

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by omonnakoda: 6:29am On Nov 01, 2022
robertogun:
Because we fail to read between the lines, this is how the politicians and civil servants rob us blind under our noses. How is this seaport 1.5billion dollars. A similar port which is 4 times the size was built in Vancouver for 3.5billion Canadian dollars. That is how the same LASG is building 50km of light rail for $21billion when Ethiopia built heavy rail of 500km for a fraction of that
You are the one that failed to read at all not to talk of reading between the lines

Was it built with government money? How are politicians robbing you blind here?

2 Likes

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by teepain: 7:41am On Nov 01, 2022
Brendaniel:

They should handle it the way they handled the railway to Niger Republic ...

Now I understand you. The railway to Niger republic was misplaced priority as far as I am concerned.
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by Brendaniel: 7:46am On Nov 01, 2022
teepain:

Now I understand you. The railway to Niger republic was misplaced priority as far as I am concerned.

I support you on that, I've always said the railway was a misplaced priority, But having a seaport in other regions is not a misplaced priority..
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by teepain: 7:51am On Nov 01, 2022
Brendaniel:

I support you on that, I've always said the railway was a misplaced priority, But having a seaport in other regions is not a misplaced priority..

Certainly, having seaports in other regions is not misplaced priority. I belief that approvals were given to some other states, they should do everything humanly possible to attract investors to those places as well so we can have some spread.

2 Likes

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by ppogba: 7:56am On Nov 01, 2022
9jatriot:
Actually, there is. That is seriousness and continuity, investors like some level of certainty.

That successive governors (perhaps with the exception of Ambode) will honor all previous contracts, ingenuity and engagement is one of the big things that drives Lagos. The probability of APC winning an election in Lagos is very high so investors are better able to plan.

For Delta as you have used in your example, the probability of PDP winning is also very high, which leaves seriousness, continuity and ingenuity to be the ingredients lacking

Look at the case of Yaya Bello of Kogi state Vs Dangotte, such a thing always deters investors

Very well said.
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by Perfectbeing(m): 7:56am On Nov 01, 2022
Reference:
This is where rail infrastructure should have been located.
A coastal rail line interconnecting ports along the coast from Lagos all the way to Eket with spurs heading east and north.
This will have removed tremendous loads off our intercity highways and drastically lowered the cost of maintenance.
We need to be strategic thinkers for comprehensive development.
That port on its own without viable supporting transport infrastructure can transform Lekki into a vehicular nightmare.
And what do you think Buhari is trying to do?
He's trying to link all seaport to the border..
And right now, the LAKIJA corridor (of which the Maradi border is situated) is part of that border.
It's one of the busiest border in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by DennisEche(m): 8:07am On Nov 01, 2022
GeneralDae:

El Rufai may be a radical but not bad in terms of performance (by Nigerian standards).

Plausible Mention

Zulum
Sure, Elrufai deserves a mention
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by Misterone: 8:12am On Nov 01, 2022
Bigchristo:
it’s not about being caught will he be prosecuted?where are others who they caught? Check Buratai and former EFCC Magu court cleared them and this one will not be different
you are asking about Buratai and Magu when governor's of the 2007 set that have cases in court have not been dispensed with. This cases are in court. Allow the court do their job. Equity is slow but sure
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by Perfectbeing(m): 8:21am On Nov 01, 2022
Megabig:

They will tag you crazy or something, we all know this, build ports in other places to decongest a city and open up other states that’s how America developed so well.
And who will do the building?
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by ridbell01(m): 8:58am On Nov 01, 2022
This is another bad news for the children of hate, cursed and perdition. As they are trying to force the fake man that turned his state to Dubai but he's living in our Lagos on people, Lagos continuing to progress. God bless Lagos state
Good bless SW
Good bless Nigeria
Good bless all the progressive specially
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by ridbell01(m): 9:06am On Nov 01, 2022
robertogun:
is either you are wrote this out of hate or ignorance. You mean you mean you will have same budget for a building in Badagry and Lekki?
You mean the territory factors in that of Vancouver is the same as that of lekki?
You mean if they want to build that of Vancouver now it will cost same amount?
Life is not all about hatred
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by sceyd(m): 9:27am On Nov 01, 2022
Brendaniel:
The truth is when you put National interest first, this port was not necessary for Lagos state as at now, Lagos is very tight and congested causing a lot of pain and hardship on commuters with accidents of containers falling of trailers, this port would have been better utilised in other regions of the country in dire need of working ports to reduce the menace In Lagos and also open other regions to easy import and export.

So Lagos should have helped other states to open the port outside Lagos? Have you taken time to read through the proposed project plan for this port? If you have anyone in London, ask them about how tight it is over there and how government keep bringing developments to the city
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by ppogba: 10:27am On Nov 01, 2022
omonnakoda:
Since its inception in 2020
The Niger Delta Development Commission has receieved over $40 billion

Yes dollars

Off the mike!!

Yet some idiots will come out talking rubbish

What do they have to show for it

From beginning to the end, I have followed your argument and I must say I like and love the way you argue logically and with facts.

Kudos.

1 Like

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by omonnakoda: 10:31am On Nov 01, 2022
ppogba:

From beginning to the end, I have followed your argument and I must say I like and love the way you argue logically and with facts.

Kudos.
Thank you sir
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by obyno82: 10:39am On Nov 01, 2022
TakeNigeriaBack:

Who is stopping the governors of the East to attract investors for their ports? If you governors are dull then send them to Tinubu's Lagos to go and learn how to be sharp.

You don't have sense finally sha. You think that project is for the common man!! it is for their benefit
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by obyno82: 10:41am On Nov 01, 2022
Corporate2020:

Even Anambra state has 98% equity in the project. You go just die of hypertension

Finally you have no sense.
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by omonnakoda: 10:47am On Nov 01, 2022
sceyd:

So Lagos should have helped other states to open the port outside Lagos? Have you taken time to read through the proposed project plan for this port? If you have anyone in London, ask them about how tight it is over there and how government keep bringing developments to the city
London accounts for 22% of UK GDP .

Felixstowe with the busiest port in the UK has a population of UNDER 40000 people and does more tonnage than Tin Can Island

Yet people would be shouting congestion upandan

If you connect the port to the interior by rail there is no need to do Customs checks in Lagos. In fact you won't even know there is a port there

But if you go to our ports or airports the place is filled with all manner of touts and criminal activity

In the 21st century why are containers leaving the port on the back of lorries. That is the real issue.

We should focus our rail on commercial movement of goods if we are ever going to repay the loans because Nigerians cannot afford to pay fares to make it break even

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S49CN57Y58o
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by omonnakoda: 11:01am On Nov 01, 2022
Yes we do need an institute of transport and logistics though Daura is the wrong place for that

A lot of problems we have are down to a deficit of knowledge of things others have know for decades

e,g why are trucks full of tomatoes in baskets and humans as well travelling from Kano to Lagos

Look at the way we still sell garri in our markets
You try to drink garri and there is always sand at the bottom why?

If we are serious about exports we should start packaging to international standard for our own markets to make things more efficient
Imagine still grinding pepper with that blue machine or the tools our mechanics/vulcanizers use
We still farm with hoes . I can go on forever

All these things if fixed can add billions to our GDP

Is there a single fishing company in Nigeria? Do we know that Chinese and Eiropeans are in our waters harvesting our fish?

Knowledge is our fundamental problem and where there is no knowledge you have superstition

So people believe they can get rich by rituals
We are perishing because we lack knowledge
Ukraine is at war under attack and still have more electricity than we do
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by Backpedal: 12:24pm On Nov 01, 2022
edoncast:
If only we have some thing like this in the east,I wouldn't be staying in Lagos.

The best state so far is Lagos and that's why I will not be sentimental and unfortunate comparing my state (Anambra state) to Lagos state .

If not for Buhari failure ,Tinubu will definitely be the best candidate .

For now,I will sit on the fence when it comes to Obi and Tinubu..

I may end up voting Obi pandora
Your last paragraph has exposed you
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by Backpedal: 12:25pm On Nov 01, 2022
omonnakoda:
Yes we do need an institute of transport and logistics though Daura is the wrong place for that

A lot of problems we have are down to a deficit of knowledge of things others have know for decades

e,g why are trucks full of tomatoes in baskets and humans as well travelling from Kano to Lagos

Look at the way we still sell garri in our markets
You try to drink garri and there is always sand at the bottom why?

If we are serious about exports we should start packaging to international standard for our own markets to make things more efficient
Imagine still grinding pepper with that blue machine or the tools our mechanics/vulcanizers use
We still farm with hoes . I can go on forever

All these things if fixed can add billions to our GDP

Is there a single fishing company in Nigeria? Do we know that Chinese and Eiropeans are in our waters harvesting our fish?

Knowledge is our fundamental problem and where there is no knowledge you have superstition

So people believe they can get rich by rituals
We are perishing because we lack knowledge
Ukraine is at war under attack and still have more electricity than we do

You are VERY RIGHT

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Why Tinubu Decided To Clip Aregbesola’s Wings - The Cable / “Juju No Dey Work For Bank” Man Says As Native Doctor Storms Access Bank / Shiite Muslims Arrested With Petrol Bombs, Hard Drugs. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.