Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,444 members, 7,846,845 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 03:41 AM

Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion (52157 Views)

Governor Sanwo-Olu Witnesses The Arrival Of CMA CGM SCANDOLA At Lekki Port / Lagos Promises To Complete $1.5bn Lekki Port’s Six-Lane Highway / First Largest Container Vessel Berth In Onne Port After 12 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by oyinatinuke(f): 7:58pm On Oct 31, 2022
[quote author=Gkay1 post=118016993]I planned to submit my CV or to work at the lekki deap sea port but I don't know the company in_charge of the employment].

Me too. I stay around the area but I don't know how to go about it. Most of their recruitment is based on who you know.....
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by Brendaniel: 8:01pm On Oct 31, 2022
omonnakoda:
Not in international trade Clearly you are a theorist

International trade is very geopolitcal

How many small one container a month businesses export to Nigeria. That is usually Nigerian importers

The simple reality is that international trade is dominated by major players with political backing

That is part of why the WTO exists

Small time players simply do not have the scale to be competitive

That is why you find many Nigerian exporters focus on food for diasporan markets or commodities and nothing with Value Added

You clearly do not know how an economy works and the business world works, MSME's are the bedrock of employment and major employer of labour in every country.

An excerpt of the link below, please read it
The importance of micro and SMEs cannot be over emphasised. They are central to the country's economy and in the future will play an increasingly strategic role in rebuilding and rebalancing the economy. They also could be a much greater player in creating high quality apprenticeships.
https://technicaleducationmatters.org/2016/09/08/the-importance-of-micro-small-and-medium-sized-enterprises/

Unemployment in Nigeria is high because the MSME's are suffering in Buhari's regime, each shop that struggles to survive in a street has a negative impact on employment in the economy, same with each exporter who is unable to export has a negative impact on employment in the country.

please read the entire article before coming back to argue,it will help you...
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by omonnakoda: 8:06pm On Oct 31, 2022
Brendaniel:

You clearly do not know how an economy works and the business world works, MSME's are the bedrock of employment and major employer of labour in every country.

An excerpt of the link below, please read it

https://technicaleducationmatters.org/2016/09/08/the-importance-of-micro-small-and-medium-sized-enterprises/

Unemployment in Nigeria is high because the MSME's are suffering in Buhari's regime, each shop that struggles to survive in a street has a negative impact on employment in the economy, same with each exporter who is unable to export has a negative impact on employment in the country.

please read the entire article before coming back to argue,it will help you...
We are discussing and celebrating the Lekki seaport

Clearly you have lost that debate and want to change subject . Not interested / If you want to debate Small and medium enterprises no problem .Create a thread and invite me I will school you

The point here is the New port at Lekki. Be happy for Lagos
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by magzey: 8:07pm On Oct 31, 2022
Hmmm Obi na real Scam if you don't know grin

1 Like

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by Brendaniel: 8:15pm On Oct 31, 2022
omonnakoda:
We are discussing and celebrating the Lekki seaport

Clearly you have lost that debate and want to change subject . Not interested / If you want to debate Small and medium enterprises no problem .Create a thread and invite me I will school you

The point here is the New port at Lekki. Be happy for Lagos

grin
you see why I said I didn't want to argue with you grin
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by omonnakoda: 8:21pm On Oct 31, 2022
Brendaniel:

grin
you see why I said I didn't want to argue with you grin
Did not think I was arguing
I felt like I was schooling a recalcitrant ideologue
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by Lemmy123(m): 8:21pm On Oct 31, 2022
HUSTLER001:
Kenya has one of the largest ports in Africa. Their telecom system is top notch. Did I forget to add that they are way ahead of us in the digitalized banking sector? Should I mention souty and Egypt? Nigeria still dey learn work.
You might as well just go there and join them... The constant comparison is sickening

1 Like

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by HUSTLER001: 8:27pm On Oct 31, 2022
Lemmy123:

You might as well just go there and join them... The constant comparison is sickening
That is how you people always feel so important. Instead of you to accept the reality and try to improve. No wonder your Government is taking advantage of your ignorance.
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by Brendaniel: 8:29pm On Oct 31, 2022
omonnakoda:
Did not think I was arguing
I felt like I was schooling a recalcitrant ideologue

grin and you were the one who mentioned me first grin
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by Gaabasky: 8:41pm On Oct 31, 2022
How I wished other states are waking up from their slumbers. Nigeria would have bn a better state by now.
It is very difficult not to give it to Tinubu for his forsight
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by Gkay1(m): 8:43pm On Oct 31, 2022
[quote author=oyinatinuke post=118023337][/quote]
I have tried my best to verify yet no response from most of the people I know within the area. Take it or leave it they will employ before the end of the year

1 Like

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by Benwallt(m): 8:47pm On Oct 31, 2022
Brendaniel:

My point exactly....
lagos shouldn't be the only prospering state in this country. A state that if the Atlantic Ocean overflows will go under water within a twinkle of an eye. God forbid sha
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by abokikhalifa: 8:52pm On Oct 31, 2022
Brendaniel:

Very important point, that's where the FG is supposed to intervene and not wait for the governors, it is for the benefit of everyone in the end....

LGA govt did not wait for federal govt.

1 Like

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by Kingcalls: 8:53pm On Oct 31, 2022
abbey621:

Guy know when to accept your L and keep quiet, up until 1999 anything after Maroko was bushy and swampy, in fact there's a place you'll reach where they'll tell you moto no fit pass. Grandfather owned lands in all those areas so we went there frequently, stop spewing nonsense! The people displaced from Maroko went on to Ajah and beyond before Fashola and subsequently Abode decided to focus on those areas as well by continuing the Lagos Masterplan which includes Lekki free trade zone, port etc. Some of us were born and bred in Lagos, know your mate!

So u foolishly think it was Tinubu that started the project ..u really must be dumb
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by ogmask: 8:55pm On Oct 31, 2022
DennisEche:
Why always Lagos. Aside Sanwo Olu, Wike, Umahi and Emmanuel Udom all other State Government are useless

Comot play and politics wike nor dey where these other men stand. Gandollar try pass wike sef. Forget all the award for infrastructure na who nor go nor know.

2 Likes

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by rickleye: 9:00pm On Oct 31, 2022
Brendaniel:
The truth is when you put National interest first, this port was not necessary for Lagos state as at now, Lagos is very tight and congested causing a lot of pain and hardship on commuters with accidents of containers falling of trailers, this port would have been better utilised in other regions of the country in dire need of working ports to reduce the menace In Lagos and also open other regions to easy import and export.

Tell them ! You havent dealt with flooding , population congestion .. Lagos likes to put the cart before the horse .. " See what I did " Its big, huge ! I am sure it cost 60% of the amount mentioned.
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by omonnakoda: 9:14pm On Oct 31, 2022
Brendaniel:

So? How childish is that

So what if I mentioned you first

If you type rubbish that is to be expected

This is about Lekki celebration

not bad belle lamentation
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by Brendaniel: 9:21pm On Oct 31, 2022
omonnakoda:
So? How childish is that

So what if I mentioned you first

If you type rubbish that is to be expected

This is about Lekki celebration

not bad belle lamentation

No worry, continue grin
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by omonnakoda: 9:21pm On Oct 31, 2022
Brendaniel:

Listen rather than alll this petty nonsense and claims you are an exporter

My issue with you is this we are here to celebrate Lekki and you are coming to say FG should intervene to build ports elsewhere

Sounds like Bad Belle to me

Is Onne not a port? Is it not the fastest growing port today

Why all this disguised hatred and spite

Be happy for Lekki and take that toxicity away

You have failed to tell us HOW the FG should intervene
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by Brendaniel: 9:25pm On Oct 31, 2022
omonnakoda:
Listen rather than alll this petty nonsense and claims you are an exporter

My issue with you is this we are here to celebrate Lekki and you are coming to say FG should intervene to build ports elsewhere

Sounds like Bad Belle to me

Is Onne not a port? Is it not the fastest growing port today

Why all this disguised hatred and spite

Be happy for Lekki and take that toxicity away

You have failed to tell us HOW the FG should intervene

grin
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by Lemmy123(m): 9:38pm On Oct 31, 2022
HUSTLER001:
That is how you people always feel so important. Instead of you to accept the reality and try to improve. No wonder your Government is taking advantage of your ignorance.

Yen yen yen... I don't even know what you're saying... Abeg shift, no be your own dey do me
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by CivilEngineer90: 9:59pm On Oct 31, 2022
gabbasin:
you only invest in an environment that guarantees ROI, that's why every state must create a conducive atmosphere for investments, state governments are building airports that have no impact the masses, the airports that benefit only the ruling elites that fly on chartered and private jets because of the risk on our roads. Lagos is the business hub of Nigeria and the safest state, it will always attract investments like this. There's port in Warri and Calabar but they don't attract patronage like Lagos ports mainly due to security concerns and distance to freight destinations
even if the rest 35states all have their seaports now one will bring their ship to their dock coz no one will invest in a shithole State where their governors have no vision.

1 Like

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by HUSTLER001: 10:09pm On Oct 31, 2022
Lemmy123:

Yen yen yen... I don't even know what you're saying... Abeg shift, no be your own dey do me
next time make you face wetin dey face you. Everybody get where e dey pinch am.
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by ModCaller: 10:13pm On Oct 31, 2022
TakeNigeriaBack:

I disagree. Since we blame Tinubu for EVERYTHING wrong with Lagos, we have to also blame him for EVERYTHING right with Lagos.

No one blames him for everything wrong with Lagos.

Touts and thugs have been in Lagos long before Tinubu. Tinubu only found a way to plant himself in Lagos government pockets, feeding fat off Lagos. I think that's what people accuse him of.

We can as well say Obama built America. You should see how stupid that sounds to you.
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by Menclothing: 10:16pm On Oct 31, 2022
Nigeria like lagos or Nigeria like poverty Adamawa
Choose one

1 Like

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by TakeNigeriaBack: 10:19pm On Oct 31, 2022
ModCaller:

No one blames him for everything wrong with Lagos.

Touts and thugs have been in Lagos long before Tinubu. Tinubu only found a way to plant himself in Lagos government pockets, feeding fat off Lagos. I think that's what people accuse him of.

We can as well say Obama built America. You should see how stupid that sounds to you.

I did not make the rules. You and your fellow zombidiots made the rules. EVERYTHING wrong in Lagos is Tinub's fault therefore EVERYTHING right with Lagos is Tinubu's fault. If you don't like it, go and support obituary.

1 Like

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by ModCaller: 10:33pm On Oct 31, 2022
TakeNigeriaBack:

I did not make the rules. You and your fellow zombidiots made the rules. EVERYTHING wrong in Lagos is Tinub's fault therefore EVERYTHING right with Lagos is Tinubu's fault. If you don't like it, go and support obituary.

Wow. What's zombidiots? What brought about all these in a simple conversation?

Baba, Tinubu is not your father o. He's not even related to you. Easy o.
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by abbey621(m): 10:35pm On Oct 31, 2022
Kingcalls:

So u foolishly think it was Tinubu that started the project ..u really must be dumb

See why people call you moronic? Instead of arguing with substance na vile insult your brain automatically fell to! Yes Jakande and then the military govt started it by relocating the people from Maroko but it was Tinubu and his successors that developed it into what we know today, you can continue arguing with your ancestor omo ale!
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by TakeNigeriaBack: 10:39pm On Oct 31, 2022
ModCaller:

Wow. What's zombidiots? What brought about all these in a simple conversation?

Baba, Tinubu is not your father o. He's not even related to you. Easy o.

If you are not a zombidiot then stop reasoning like one. Its not that hard. Anyone supporting Obituary is a zombidiot. Are you supporting obituary?
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by ufuosman(m): 10:47pm On Oct 31, 2022
Good development
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by Misterone: 10:50pm On Oct 31, 2022
Bigchristo:
you expect Nigeria to continue this legacy? Soon when hand touch you now you will be crying Nigeria is a bad country but you want the legacy of bad governance to continue.
irony! Is it not the APC government that caught the accountant? You are accusing the APC government of an offence by a civilian criminal.
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by teepain: 10:52pm On Oct 31, 2022
Brendaniel:

The truth is the FG should have intervened in some of these issues and not wait for the state government since the FG will still be in charge of the ports at the end of the day through customs and NPA, the citizens will still be the ones to benefit regardless of the state, my main point is for the government to make life easier for all Nigerians...

I am interested in your hypothesis of the FG intervening in the siting of the port. The FG, State and Private Investors must have a consensus before there can be progress. What can the FG do, if private Investors do not want to commit their funds in projects in some locations? Remember that the FG only provides port licensing as it's contribution in exchange for equity and not necessarily cash.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Peter Obi Rejects VIP Treatment, Assists Stranded Nigerians At Abuja Airport / States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala / Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.