Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,489 members, 7,850,692 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:30 AM

Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion (52167 Views)

Governor Sanwo-Olu Witnesses The Arrival Of CMA CGM SCANDOLA At Lekki Port / Lagos Promises To Complete $1.5bn Lekki Port’s Six-Lane Highway / First Largest Container Vessel Berth In Onne Port After 12 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by obyno82: 6:39pm On Oct 31, 2022
ryloy:
grin

God Bless Incoming President Bola Tinubu
The Builder of Lagos

Victoria Island had been existing even before Tinubu was Governor of Lagos. Haaaa you people should stop all this rubbish lies naaaaa. you are not talking to fools you can deceive.
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by obyno82: 6:39pm On Oct 31, 2022
Koralords:
Na one man legacy be this after years if leaving office show me one legacy project of obi and I will vote for him ,don't waste your vote ,vote tinubu let him revamp Nigeria ,eko onibaje

You don't have sense walahi
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by obyno82: 6:42pm On Oct 31, 2022
MrMcJay:
Sanwo will be there to commission this too.
Once again shutting his opponents up with projects.

I really pity Jandor

Can you compare Ambode, Fashola with Sanwo Olu. Sanwo Olu's case is that of a blind man with access to walking stick and braille, compared to others without it.
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by obyno82: 6:45pm On Oct 31, 2022
omonnakoda:
Imagine the rubbish that a human being is typing?

Containers are falling in Lagos so containers do not fall in Kano
There is a Juju that makes containers fall in Lagos?

If you do not know what to say keep quiet
The Port was funded 100% by private money and they know where to invest

Congestion has nothing to do with number of ports do educate yourself properly
Lagos is going to get ANOTHER port in Badagry and I hope that does not make you suicidal

Look he is making a point. if you are in dire need of development, then spread the ports to some where else. Nigeria has coastline from East to West. Allow a similar one in the East so that Nigeria can become a strategic maritime destination. of what use is it to have 4 sea ports when it is a logistical nightmare to move you products out of the ports? Real planning comes to mind not all these mindless games occassioned by greed. The development is not for the common man but to create business for himself and his cronies.
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by muykem: 6:46pm On Oct 31, 2022
Brendaniel:
The truth is when you put National interest first, this port was not necessary for Lagos state as at now, Lagos is very tight and congested causing a lot of pain and hardship on commuters with accidents of containers falling of trailers, this port would have been better utilised in other regions of the country in dire need of working ports to reduce the menace In Lagos and also open other regions to easy import and export.
Some of you always taking rubbish. National interest, is this port built by federal government? You want lagos state and private individuals to come and build Port in your landlocked region.

2 Likes

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by obyno82: 6:47pm On Oct 31, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
Oga the port was built by Lagos state government. Are you expecting Lagos state government to go and build ports for other states? Why do most of you like embarrassing yourselves online?

Dude FG has 20% stake it is not just Lagos that built the port. Take it easy when lying
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by omonnakoda: 6:47pm On Oct 31, 2022
Brendaniel:

I wanted to explain somethings here but I will leave you to wallow in your ignorance, in statistics and science there is something called random sampling, I made a point and you countered it, Like I said earlier I don't want to go back and forth with you because you have no experience of export in Nigeria, random sampling of other people's experience in the same field will help you, I'm not telling you to agree with me, the only thing I'm telling you to do is ask others in the same business, you are using Dangote and akwa ibom as an example as though those are SME's into export, if you are intelligent as you claim you will sample data from as many exporters as possible if my claim is true or not, not arguing without having any experience at all, prove me wrong with other raw Nigeria data of personal experience and not based on your own analysis, that is what a good solution provider will do, you are like a spectator watching a match that is blaming the players on the field and you have never even entered the pitch before, please prove me wrong with other exporters experience in Nigeria....
You have experience of Nigeria just like many other Nigerians . It does not make you an expert or more knowledgeable . Everybody's experience is different. For some Nigeria is hell and for others it is heaven . So spare me the crap about your experience of exporting . Whatever experience you have of eating eba is different from the next persons. Your experience will always be limited by things like education , intelligence and attitude

It is irrelevant. to this conversation and basically an admssion that you have lost the debate and a cheap tactic of diversion. Is this thread about export.
Nigeria is not a significant exporting country relatively speaking and there is more to it than ports.

The point remains Switzerland does not have a single port and exports more than us
I am not going to tell you anything personal about myself whether I am a barber or a tailor I will not tell you

The fact is that Inefficiency, knowledge deficit and lact of transport infrastructure is more relevant than the number of ports

1 Like

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by obyno82: 6:48pm On Oct 31, 2022
muykem:
Some of you always taking rubbish. National interest, is this port built by federal government? You want lagos state and private individuals to come and build Port in your landlocked region.

Federal Government has 20% stake in the project hence it was not only Lagos that built the port.
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by omonnakoda: 6:51pm On Oct 31, 2022
obyno82:

Federal Government has 20% stake in the project hence it was not only Lagos that built the port.
Funny logic

Neither LASG nor the FG built the port
Equity ownership does not infer who built it

The FG owns a stake in the LNG in Bonny and now in Dangote's refinery it built neither

LASG got equity by virtue of providing the land/location

The FG got equity because it has the authority to approve or veto the project

LASG did the work of envisioning/feasibility study and convincing the investor and the FG

2 Likes

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by Corporate2020: 7:00pm On Oct 31, 2022
Team Tinubu did this in small Lagos, imagine what the Team will do for Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by Corporate2020: 7:01pm On Oct 31, 2022
DropsMic:
Cool.. Hopefully one family no go colobi the whole thing

Nobody say make your own family dey in different prisons all over the world for drugs trafficking and human trafficking

1 Like

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by Corporate2020: 7:02pm On Oct 31, 2022
obyno82:

Even Anambra state has 98% equity in the project. You go just die of hypertension

3 Likes

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by omonnakoda: 7:02pm On Oct 31, 2022
obyno82:

Look he is making a point. if you are in dire need of development, then spread the ports to some where else. Nigeria has coastline from East to West. Allow a similar one in the East so that Nigeria can become a strategic maritime destination. of what use is it to have 4 sea ports when it is a logistical nightmare to move you products out of the ports? Real planning comes to mind not all these mindless games occassioned by greed. The development is not for the common man but to create business for himself and his cronies.
Spread HOW ? By magic? or how exactly
Your talk is funny whining lamentation
There is a right time and place for everything. Bringing it up here and now suggests Bad Belle. Why not be happy for Lagosians

You say ALLOW
Did anyone disallow a port in the East ? You need to be clear what you mean by allow

Switzerland has no single port and is more developed so ports are not what is holding development

We are not developed because we have low quality people . Human development is the problem
a simple example is the fact that with all our oil we are importing petrol
Another is that we still do not have electricity

Those have to do with the quality of our people not absence of ports

The way you reason just illustrates my point

A total aversion for logic and sentimentality at every turn

Ethiopia is the second most populous country in Africa with a growing economy
For decades they have run a successful airline/
Where is ours? Dangote's refinery is built by Indians a country with little or no oil. Our problem is the quality of our people
The fastest growing port in Nigeria is Onne . It is not in the West

1 Like

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by Babysho(m): 7:03pm On Oct 31, 2022
ryloy:
grin

God Bless Incoming President Bola Tinubu
The Builder of Lagos

grin cheesy grin All of una for this NL dey ment
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by TakeNigeriaBack: 7:07pm On Oct 31, 2022
Bigchristo:
Shut up your mouth idiot, if Obi has stole millions as alleged then you can come out with your verifiable proves not this your gullible write mumu

Not until you come out with verifiable proofs that Tinubu stole money.

2 Likes

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by Brendaniel: 7:15pm On Oct 31, 2022
omonnakoda:
You have experience of Nigeria just like many other Nigerians . It does not make you an expert or more knowledgeable . Everybody's experience is different. For some Nigeria is hell and for others it is heaven . So spare me the crap about your experience of exporting . Whatever experience you have of eating eba is different from the next persons. Your experience will always be limited by things like education , intelligence and attitude

It is irrelevant. to this conversation and basically an admssion that you have lost the debate and a cheap tactic of diversion. Is this thread about export.
Nigeria is not a significant exporting country relatively speaking and there is more to it than ports.

The point remains Switzerland does not have a single port and exports more than us
I am not going to tell you anything personal about myself whether I am a barber or a tailor I will not tell you

The fact is that Inefficiency, knowledge deficit and lact of transport infrastructure is more relevant than the number of ports

I never told you to take my own experience as relevant, I said ask other of their own experience to prove me wrong, you say that Nigeria is not an exporting country and I am telling you part of the challenges why it is not an exporting country and you are here telling all these, ask other exporters to prove me wrong, I want you to prove me wrong...
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by omonnakoda: 7:21pm On Oct 31, 2022
Brendaniel:

I never told you to take my own experience as relevant, I said ask other of their own experience to prove me wrong, you say that Nigeria is not an exporting country and I am telling you part of the challenges why it is not an exporting country and you are here telling all these, ask other exporters to prove me wrong, I want you to prove me wrong...
But Switzerland has no port and is a major exporter so it is not logical to say building ports will fix the problem
The problem is multifactorial
Logic 101
Now the decision makers are politicians they do not have to have been former exporters to make the right decision

So let us leave this fallacy of appeal to authority
argumentum ad verecundiam
I am this I am that

Leave that thing
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by gabbasin(m): 7:23pm On Oct 31, 2022
Brendaniel:
The truth is when you put National interest first, this port was not necessary for Lagos state as at now, Lagos is very tight and congested causing a lot of pain and hardship on commuters with accidents of containers falling of trailers, this port would have been better utilised in other regions of the country in dire need of working ports to reduce the menace In Lagos and also open other regions to easy import and export.
you only invest in an environment that guarantees ROI, that's why every state must create a conducive atmosphere for investments, state governments are building airports that have no impact the masses, the airports that benefit only the ruling elites that fly on chartered and private jets because of the risk on our roads. Lagos is the business hub of Nigeria and the safest state, it will always attract investments like this. There's port in Warri and Calabar but they don't attract patronage like Lagos ports mainly due to security concerns and distance to freight destinations

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by MrMcJay(m): 7:24pm On Oct 31, 2022
obyno82:

Can you compare Ambode, Fashola with Sanwo Olu. Sanwo Olu's case is that of a blind man with access to walking stick and braille, compared to others without it.

That one, na you sabi.
There is no Governor in Nigeria commissioning as much projects as Sanwo-olu is.

1 Like

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by Brendaniel: 7:25pm On Oct 31, 2022
omonnakoda:
But Switzerland has no port and is a major exporter so it is not logical to say building ports will fix the problem
The problem is multifactorial
Logic 101
Now the decision makers are politicians they do not have to have been former exporters to make the right decision

So let us leave this fallacy of appeal to authority
argumentum ad verecundiam
I am this I am that

Leave that thing

Oga leave switzerland alone, we are talking about Nigeria, please prove me wrong with other exporters in Nigeria...
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by TakeNigeriaBack: 7:27pm On Oct 31, 2022
ModCaller:

Tinubu did not make or build Lagos. Lagos has had many governors after Tinubu's tenure.

Give those governors credit for their work and stop all these rubbish Tinubu talk.

Fashola was there. Ambode was there. Now Olu is there. Yet you're all screaming Tinubu. That's a sign of real problems with reasoning.

I disagree. Since we blame Tinubu for EVERYTHING wrong with Lagos, we have to also blame him for EVERYTHING right with Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by omonnakoda: 7:34pm On Oct 31, 2022
Brendaniel:

Oga leave switzerland alone, we are talking about Nigeria, please prove me wrong with other exporters in Nigeria...
How can we leave Switzerland alone?
That does not make sense
Your premise is that We are not exporting because we do not have enough ports? So we have to test that?
We have a world leading exporting country with no port at all so your diagnosis and prescribed solution are flawed and based on fallacy
If we want to fix power in Nigeria are we going to use Jazz? Are we not going to look at what has worked elsewhere

This thread is about a new port in Lagos .Let us celebrate and eschew Bad Belle

NIgeria does not export much because we have little to export that anyone wants to buy.
Dangote is exporting his fertilizer and cement without problems and we do not need small time kelekele exporters We need serious firms . Sole trader exporter will struggle for so many reasons if they do not have deep pockets
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by TakeNigeriaBack: 7:34pm On Oct 31, 2022
membranus:

You are saying a whole FG cannot source for fund to build a standard port, in a country where a single man, the former Accountant General of the nation looted about N170bn alone.

Also where did Tolaram or Aswani/Lagos State Govt got the billion dollars to fund the building of the new modern Lekki Seaport, or where did Dangote got the fund to single handedly build the largest refinery in Africa?

Let them try the same sources of funding and build two in SS and SE.

How much did that Igbo woman, Diezani steal? At least 10 billion naira.
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by abbey621(m): 7:37pm On Oct 31, 2022
Kingcalls:

I still say that most of u just came to lagos... which swamp are u talking about... all those Ajah down to Ibeju lekki was a project the past military government created bk on the 80s ... people were already living in those areas that time, they had good roads, water and electricity..... as more peole troop into lagos , it will mosdef increase in development...it has nothing to do with Tinubu ...

Guy know when to accept your L and keep quiet, up until 1999 anything after Maroko was bushy and swampy, in fact there's a place you'll reach where they'll tell you moto no fit pass. Grandfather owned lands in all those areas so we went there frequently, stop spewing nonsense! The people displaced from Maroko went on to Ajah and beyond before Fashola and subsequently Abode decided to focus on those areas as well by continuing the Lagos Masterplan which includes Lekki free trade zone, port etc. Some of us were born and bred in Lagos, know your mate!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by TakeNigeriaBack: 7:37pm On Oct 31, 2022
winterfell007:

Clown grin you expect me to vote someone that has empowered touts to harass transport drivers which resulted in paying exorbitant fees that’s indirectly affecting us here in Lagos, you must be a clown to think we’ll vote for such a person

Who empowered the touts in Anambra? Oh yes, it must be peter obi. Peter Obi is the Lord of Anambra Agberos. So, I will never vote for him.
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by ElSudani: 7:40pm On Oct 31, 2022
obyno82:

No competition here, each is building on the legacies of his predecessor. It is a good thing Lagos have this type of continuity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by Brendaniel: 7:40pm On Oct 31, 2022
omonnakoda:
How can we leave Switzerland alone?
That does not make sense
Your premise is that We are not exporting because we do not have enough ports? So we have to test that?
We have a world leading exporting country with no port at all so your diagnosis and prescribed solution are flawed and based on fallacy
If we want to fix power in Nigeria are we going to use Jazz? Are we not going to look at what has worked elsewhere

This thread is about a new port in Lagos .Let us celebrate and eschew Bad Belle

NIgeria does not export much because we have little to export that anyone wants to buy.
Dangote is exporting his fertilizer and cement without problems and we do not need small time kelekele exporters We need serious firms . Sole trader exporter will struggle for so many reasons if they do not have deep pockets

you see the bolded up there shows you do not know the importance of micro, small and medium scale enterprise in any working country, you see why I said I didn't want to argue with you earlier on...
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by DropsMic(m): 7:41pm On Oct 31, 2022
Corporate2020:

Nobody say make your own family dey in different prisons all over the world for drugs trafficking and human trafficking

Your life must be miserable. Get well soon. God is your strength
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by TakeNigeriaBack: 7:42pm On Oct 31, 2022
obyno82:

Who is stopping the governors of the East to attract investors for their ports? If you governors are dull then send them to Tinubu's Lagos to go and learn how to be sharp.

1 Like

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by TakeNigeriaBack: 7:47pm On Oct 31, 2022
I was almost believing the lies about Tinubu from mkpumirin obi zombidiots. Now, I see Tinubu is the greatest thing to ever happen to Lagos. I will support him FULLY for 2023 so that the juju he is using in Lagos, he can use the same juju for Nigeria. I AM BATIFIED.

1 Like

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by omonnakoda: 7:48pm On Oct 31, 2022
Brendaniel:

you see the bolded up there shows you do not know the importance of micro, small and medium scale enterprise in any working country, you see why I said I didn't want to argue with you earlier on...
Not in international trade Clearly you are a theorist

International trade is very geopolitcal

How many small one container a month businesses export to Nigeria. That is usually Nigerian importers

The simple reality is that international trade is dominated by major players with political backing

That is part of why the WTO exists

Small time players simply do not have the scale to be competitive

That is why you find many Nigerian exporters focus on food for diasporan markets or commodities and nothing with Value Added

None of this is relevant to the good news of a new port in Lekki
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by Goalnaldo(m): 7:54pm On Oct 31, 2022
iiifedimma:
Good evening please anywhere you see this type of comments please don't mind this fraudster he is a well known fraudster here on Nairaland creating a new account every day to keep scamming people here on Nairaland, it's a guy that is behind the account using it for a scamming business

Pls guys don't just scroll pass, pls kindly assist me i have,i have nothing left again for me and my brother to feed. We have been hungry since this week pls assist us with whatever little you have in any little way, we will be eternally grateful. May God almighty bless u and come to your aid as u have come to ours, this is the accont name he is using G.T Bank -ANNA uyom or angel

Don't even send a penny or kobo to this unfortunate fraudster if you loved yourself
I sent the person 1k a month ago only to see that the account was deactivated almost immediately.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Laughing At The Failure Of Sowore Omoyele & His Sponsors (Photo) / States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala / Ifeanyi Ejiofor, Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Speaks To BBC World On Situation On Ground

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.