Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,527 members, 7,819,897 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital (8817 Views)

Syrian Rebels Used Sarin Nerve Gas, Not Assad’s Regime: U.N. Official / Obama Sends 100 Military Advisers Against Kony's Rebels In Uganda / Libyan Rebels Wary Of Sub-saharan Africans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital by tony451: 1:14am On Aug 22, 2011
nolongTing:

lol! They have already destroyed their country with NATO grin grin grin grin Libya will not recover in 20 years from now - they have destroyed themselves. [size=13pt]This is not a revolution its self-destruction[/size]. grin

Seems you're given to hyperbole. Nato did not destroy the country, Gaddafi did. He was the one that threatened to level Benghazi in the first place. They haven't destroyed themselves. Nato has helped Libyans determine their own future. If anything what happens now will be rebuilding with help from other countries.

Unless of coourse you are a Gaddafi supporter?
Re: Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital by nolongTing: 1:23am On Aug 22, 2011
tony_450:

Seems you're given to hyperbole. Nato did not destroy the country, Gaddafi did. He was the one that threatened to level Benghazi in the first place.

Did NATO drop Thousands of Bombs or not?

Benghazi had civil unrest, what did you expect the government to do?

Why have NATO not Bombed Syria, Yemen and Bahrain?

Did NATO not say it wanted to protect civilians?

tony_450:

They haven't destroyed themselves. Nato has helped Libyans determine their own future. If anything what happens now will be rebuilding with help from other countries.

Yes the NATO members will help Libya spend the $100BN in their banks whilst helping themselves to the largest oil reserves in Africa  grin grin grin  I'm sure peace will return quickly as well, lol!  grin grin grin grin

tony_450:

Unless of coourse you are a Gaddafi supporter?

Don't give a flying sh^&t about Gaddafi, I just think an oil grab should not be masqueraded as protection of human rights, are you a NATO cheerleader by any chance? grin grin
Re: Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital by Gayigaskia(m): 1:30am On Aug 22, 2011
Did NATO existed during apartheid? Why they didn't help the majority;the black Africans overthrow F W Declerk? This whole international thing is making me sick to the stomach.
Re: Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital by Mobinga: 1:43am On Aug 22, 2011
After the Black Gold.

Another Iraq.
Re: Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital by tony451: 1:50am On Aug 22, 2011
nolongTing:

Did NATO drop Thousands of Bombs or not?

Benghazi had civil unrest, what did you expect the government to do?

Why have NATO not Bombed Syria, Yemen and Bahrain?

Did NATO not say it wanted to protect civilians?

Yes the NATO members will help Libya spend the $100BN in their banks whilst helping themselves to the largest oil reserves in Africa  grin grin grin  I'm sure peace will return quickly as well, lol!  grin grin grin grin

Don't give a flying sh^&t about Gaddafi, I just think an oil grab should not be masqueraded as protection of human rights, are you a NATO cheerleader by any chance? grin grin

I don't care about Gaddafi or Nato either, my opinions are based purely on principle. If you remember how this all started you'll know that no one was going to come to the aid of these people even when they were begging for help. Gaddafi brought this all on himself. He saw what was happening in Tunisia, Bahrain, Egypt etc and decided to crush the peaceful protests by threatening the whole city with death. Now look at this objectively and tell me how a dictator of 43 yrs should be tolerated by his people when they see those around them fighting for and celebrating freedom?

Nato gave them help the only way they could, suppported them, and helped them throw of oppression. If you question NATO's motives, I can't defend them because i don't know what they're thinking and neither do you. On the other hand, the situation at hand called for their support and its up to the Libyan people who called them in to get rid of them and decide their own future. You can't support a dictators wishes against the will of the people
Re: Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital by babaowo: 2:00am On Aug 22, 2011
trully Ghadafi is greed but western world leader's are worst than ghadafi.
Re: Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital by nolongTing: 2:22am On Aug 22, 2011
tony_450:

I don't care about Gaddafi or Nato either, my opinions are based purely on principle. If you remember how this all started you'll know that no one was going to come to the aid of these people even when they were begging for help. Gaddafi brought this all on himself. He saw what was happening in Tunisia, Bahrain, Egypt etc and decided to crush the peaceful protests by threatening the whole city with death.

Yes I remember that Bahrain KILLED the protestors with the aid of troops from Qatar and Saudi Arabia, there is evidence all over the net! heres a little sample

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6RCBOC-MAM

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/middleeast/2011/03/2011314124928850647.html

So why were they not bombed then Tony?

You said he threatened the whole city with death lol! he's been doing that for 43 years why is it wrong now?

tony_450:

Now look at this objectively and tell me how a dictator of 43 yrs should be tolerated by his people when they see those around them fighting for and celebrating freedom?

Thats not objective, thats your opinion.

tony_450:

Nato gave them help the only way they could, suppported them, and helped them throw of oppression.

You call Bombing and killing to help rebels support? If NATO bombs Nigeria with thousands of Bombs to help MEND defeat the government would you call that support? You deserve a trophy for your euphemisms.

tony_450:

If you question NATO's motives, I can't defend them because i don't know what they're thinking and neither do you.

Don't be so naive lol! I know exactly what they are thinking "little African country with the largest OIL reserves in Africa, lets steal it now and blame it on the Arab spring".

tony_450:

I can't defend them because i don't know what they're thinking and neither do you. On the other hand, the situation at hand called for their support and its up to the Libyan people who called them in to get rid of them and decide their own future.

I am sure NATO will just walk away now and let the Libyans decide their future lol! keep dreaming! they will recoup the billions they spent on bombing Libya like they did in Iraq and they will also award themselves all the CLEAN UP and RE-CONSTRUCTION contracts from the $100 Billion in their banks.

tony_450:

You can't support a dictators wishes against the will of the people

You need to read up on history, you have a lot to learn but you are quite young so I understand, what do you think the foreign policy of the west has been towards Africa and the Middle-east all these decades?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us 

Uploaded with ImageShack.us  <== [size=13pt]Is that you TONY hugging Gaddafi?[/size]
Re: Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital by Builder: 2:26am On Aug 22, 2011
It makes me sick that I cannot really support the "rebels" because I think they started as a front for BP, Britain and France who want unlimited access to the oil and natural gas there in vast quantities. The USA has had "advisors" (most likely CIA operatives) on the ground there for years. Qaddafi's big sin was wanting to stop using the US Dollar as the medium of trade for oil, at least the big sin for the USA. But the war there is for control of the resources. And just as any country rich in resources there are greed heads by the dozen backed by their military and NATO, who are itching to get their mits on it.

Quaddfi is not a nice ruler. Well, WTF, neither are most of the other dictators and thugs the USA, Great Britain etc., have supported during my entire lifetime. Saddham was not a nice guy either. BUt as long as he was firmly in the USA's pocket the government of the USA supplied him with weapons including chemical and biological weapons. Then we started to wring our hands over this terrible weapon he used.

I know that citizens of the USA are not very bright when it comes to anything other than their favorite TV show, football team and who's won the NASCAR title and how many times, but that is really no excuse for letting the government rapidly become one of the most hated, viscious, violent government that has ever graced the face of the earth. If the USA is backing these rebels you know that it is because the oil companies are demanding it. Pure and simple

This is a sad day for Humanity. Evil is deafening good as we write. Humans are dying live in medias instantaneous updates. Yeterday familys sitting down to eat. Tonight being ripped apart for greed. Hatred growng with each life lost. Revenge will perpetuate the Evil as opression eats at the hearts through generations to come.

These were the words of Moussa Ibrahim:
"The hospitals cannot even cope with such a death toll. We are saying out loud to the world, this is a peaceful city, and now it's being turned into hellfire because of Nato's actions.In last 11 hours,more than 1300 people were killed,more than 5000 wounded in Tripoli!This is really,really bad"

Welcome to Bagdad folks, africa branch, and to those dumb stupid nigerians supporting NATO, Bleep u all and i hope the rebels kill u one of this days
Re: Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital by Smi1(m): 2:26am On Aug 22, 2011
I'm thrilled by all these comments am seeing flying up and down ,  when are we gonna wake up from our slumbering  ok if i may ask do Libyans have any good replacement for Gadaffi ? please someone should answer !
Re: Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital by Builder: 2:28am On Aug 22, 2011
Arab leaders are useless but african leaders and sophisticated morons, i see no reason why they (african leaders) cant withdraw from the commonwealth, IMF, UN or any other international community for invading and once again colonising their continent, afterall they are better off without this thieving international communities formed for the sole purpose of enslaving and invading africa.
Re: Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital by tpia5: 2:31am On Aug 22, 2011
Re: Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital by tpia5: 2:33am On Aug 22, 2011
ok if i may ask do Libyans have any good replacement for Gadaffi ? please someone should answer !

most likely not, but somebody will be placed there anyway.

at least as a temporary stopgap until whoever is going to be there permanently gets sorted out.
Re: Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital by Builder: 2:51am On Aug 22, 2011
Jesus!!!! Libya once the richest country in Africa is now a war zone, how in heavens name could this have happened, just to show that there is no God. In the name of oil, this white bastards have enslaved just another developing country before our eyes. How could this world be so cruel and evil yet proclamining to sppread democrazy, thousands of human beings dead, displaced , infrastructures detroyed all in the name of oil, i can now see british, french, italian oil men on planes , occupying first class seats rushing to libya to divide the countries resources ,while libyan professionals , now refugee displaced cos of NATO bombing heading towards europe in canoes across the sea to work as cleaners, dust men been driven back by the right wingers in europe and labelled ecomomy immigrants or illegal alliens. meanwhile this were proud libyans we never heard of as been refugees. Shame of u OBAMA, what a bastard u have been and a disgraced, i sure hope and pray the tea party people murder u just like u have murdered innocent Libyans. cameron, sakozy and the other NATO heads, may ur days and that of ur family be filled with frustrations, disppointments and misery, to the supporters of the rebel, welcome to hell folks
Re: Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital by Nobody: 3:00am On Aug 22, 2011
The first thing that is important is for Ghadaffi to get out of the country and he can go to hell if he so much cared about that before talking about who to replace him.I think there can be a better person to replace him - because this has to come from concerted effort of the people to choose who they trust to hold on to the position before they can conduct a proper elections.

I don't understand a lot of views here having this pity tone added to them for the dangerous Colonel Murmar Ghadaffi. Hasn't the man contributed enough harm to the country and the people? Don't you think they deserve freedom from a tyrant and a dictator who has ruled the country for 41 yrs? Come on sentiment aside Ghadaffi and his cronies need to go.
Re: Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital by Nobody: 3:02am On Aug 22, 2011
a man has been ruling a nation for 41 yrs,dont u think its time he moves out of the way?surprised to see some nigerians backing him,guess u assholes were busy backing ibb,obj and abacha when they were busy usng us as statistics
Re: Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital by Nobody: 3:03am On Aug 22, 2011
builder,shut up.a man has been ruling a nation for 41yrs,think about it.41 yrs,is libya his pertsonal family
Re: Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital by Nobody: 3:06am On Aug 22, 2011
builder u are certainly one of those who seek no development in this nation.watching live pictures from libya and people are rejoicing but u, a nigerian who i am sure has never been to9 libya is busy dying for gaddFFI
SHAME ON YOU,GUESS U ARE ONE OF THE ABACHA SUPPORTERS
Re: Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital by nolongTing: 3:06am On Aug 22, 2011

Re: Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital by Builder: 3:22am On Aug 22, 2011
MILEHIGH06, u are a complete bastar.d, if u can read u will summarise that im just expressing my compassion for the lbyans killed by NATO and condeming the NATO forces and citizens of uk, italians and french coming to raid the libyan resources.

you foking basta.rd, if u cant read and understand simple passage u berra go back to schl, if u are so concern about Gadaffi spending 41 years why dont u tell NATO to invade syria, saudi arabia or the queen of england for been so long on the throne, u foking Arrow, e no go better for u milehig06
Re: Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital by tony451: 3:52am On Aug 22, 2011
Builder:

MILEHIGH06, u are a complete bastar.d, if u can read u will summarise that im just expressing my compassion for the lbyans killed by NATO and condeming the NATO forces and citizens of uk, italians and french coming to raid the libyan resources.

you foking basta.rd, if u cant read and understand simple passage u berra go back to schl, if u are so concern about Gadaffi spending 41 years why dont u tell NATO to invade syria, saudi arabia or the queen of england for been so long on the throne, u foking Arrow, e no go better for u milehig06

Civility is quite uncommon on this site.
Re: Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital by tpia5: 3:55am On Aug 22, 2011
um, i think i've had enough of the sanctimonious rev fathers preaching rubbish all over the site.

if you dont like the way people express themselves here, then feel free to leave and go somewhere else where everybody is polite, ok?
Re: Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital by Builder: 3:59am On Aug 22, 2011
Reverend father tony450, if u cant stand my lyrics, dont read it and go and read the bible instead.
Re: Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital by Nobody: 4:15am On Aug 22, 2011
@tony,i see your level of maturity,no need to exchange words with you cos its a waste of \time and i thank God u aint God for u cant decide what my future is,btw,e don better for me already,how poverty dey do fopr your side?
Re: Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital by Fimmy(m): 4:17am On Aug 22, 2011
lets wait and see what will happen in Libya,personally i see another Iraq.i prefer a Gadaffi to all the useless heads that have ruled Nigeria
Re: Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital by tony451: 4:20am On Aug 22, 2011
Haha. I'm not attempting to censor anyone but i think it says a lot about you if you can't get your point across without cursing. Its simplymy observation that most arguments on nairaland degenerate into slanging matches. The fact is that people have different opinions and you most definitely wouldn't go around in the real world calling people f**king b*****ds becasue they don't agree with you. You'll very quickly meet someone who will put you in your place.  wink
Re: Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital by Nobody: 4:21am On Aug 22, 2011
@ fimmy,i hope it does not turn to another iraq but gladly america has an intelligent president unlike bush.just glad gaddaffi is close to gone for its time people stop allowing these greedy psycophants take us for a ride.luvkily it has not happened in Nigeria
Re: Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital by Fimmy(m): 4:32am On Aug 22, 2011
Gaddafi did his best for his people, he felt he was better, one thing that i dont get right is, why will a sane country or organization be in support of Rebels.?the world is really coming to an end
Re: Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital by Builder: 4:50am On Aug 22, 2011
finny bro. God bless u with ur reasoning, i see another iraq in libya, the west know what they are doing, they just gonna disstabilise libya, kill its people and invade her resources like iraq, , those rebel are criminals , rapist and evil people and with them having this weapons, tell me how they will be surrendered back. thats all the west wants, divide and rule and they seem to be suceeding cos libya like iraq have many tribes and religious sect. during the time of gadaffi, they had free education, medical care, uninterrppted power suppply, emplyment and good standard of living, libya had no debt, but now, i forsee car bomb exploding like xmas bangars.
to be perfectly hinest, i am disappointed in obama. so far he has been as useless as a used condon, so much for hope then
Re: Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital by Builder: 4:54am On Aug 22, 2011
Hmmm, just a white nation doing what white folks enjoy doing most, enslavin, exploitation, invading and murderin on a large scale, if only there is a God somewhere, if only
Re: Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital by tpia5: 4:58am On Aug 22, 2011
tony_450:

Haha. I'm not attempting to censor anyone but i think it says a lot about you if you can't get your point across without cursing. Its simplymy observation that most arguments on nairaland degenerate into slanging matches. The fact is that people have different opinions and you most definitely wouldn't go around in the real world calling people f**king b*****ds becasue they don't agree with you. You'll very quickly meet someone who will put you in your place. wink

go and kick a rock if you have no life outside the internet.
Re: Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital by tpia5: 4:59am On Aug 22, 2011
well, we'll see how it all unfolds.
Re: Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital by Fimmy(m): 6:23am On Aug 22, 2011
AFTER GADDAFI, WHATS NEXT

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Saudi Arabia Will Enter Women For London Olympics / First Wives Of The G20 Summit / Julian Assange:UK 'threat' To Arrest Wikileaks Founder Inside Ecuadorean Embassy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.