Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,415 members, 7,822,933 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

"This Is Not My Son"- Mum Reacts After Her Son Showed Her His New Hairstyle - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "This Is Not My Son"- Mum Reacts After Her Son Showed Her His New Hairstyle (74572 Views)

Man Slumps & Dies After DNA Test Showed He Is Not His Son's Biological Father / Wife Dumps Her Son, Empties Husband's Shops, Elopes With School Boyfriend / Mother Buys Ford Mustang For Her Son For His 21st Birthday (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "This Is Not My Son"- Mum Reacts After Her Son Showed Her His New Hairstyle by Waywardson6: 10:11am On Nov 19, 2022
The hair is very fine. But trust naija parents. They no go approve.

1 Like

Re: "This Is Not My Son"- Mum Reacts After Her Son Showed Her His New Hairstyle by Mitsurugi(m): 10:11am On Nov 19, 2022
viyon02:
Total functioning of your cerebrum lack coordination, for you not to know differences between good and bad, am sorry for your parents, and sorry for family, and sorry for friends, am sorry for your children and finally am sorry for Nigeria.

Bro, please the hair honestly has nothing to do with righteousness. I have seen unbelievers and people who have "righteous" appearances commit heinous crimes.

2 Likes

Re: "This Is Not My Son"- Mum Reacts After Her Son Showed Her His New Hairstyle by ednut1(m): 10:13am On Nov 19, 2022
ASAPFERG1:
gorimapa man shut up there
you want my attention so bad
Re: "This Is Not My Son"- Mum Reacts After Her Son Showed Her His New Hairstyle by famouscargo4u: 10:14am On Nov 19, 2022
viyon02:
Train a boy in the part way of righteousness and when he grows old he will not depart from it.

Some go wayward after mingling with those who had bad upbringing.

1 Like

Re: "This Is Not My Son"- Mum Reacts After Her Son Showed Her His New Hairstyle by aidameoryou: 10:14am On Nov 19, 2022
Hello world!
Re: "This Is Not My Son"- Mum Reacts After Her Son Showed Her His New Hairstyle by Alexdroh(m): 10:15am On Nov 19, 2022
Good morning guys sorry for coming at you guys like this,but have got no other option.it been a day plus I never see food chop and today sef no hope....I just need anything to help me sustain till month end am working ooh just started this month.... anything guys just anything ....God bless the hand that giveth.
Firstbank
Re: "This Is Not My Son"- Mum Reacts After Her Son Showed Her His New Hairstyle by Cantonese: 10:15am On Nov 19, 2022
ValCon888:
I love her conviction.

She knows that the son she raised will not try such or he will receive a slap that will return his brain to factory settings.

God bless all Nigerian mothers trying to raise their kids right.

If she raised her son to cut her hair decently, he would always fix it so.

What you sow you reap? What you plant in the children is what you reap. Proper monitoring and compliance will always get its results.

She was not aware that the boys friends, what he was hearing and seeing, had started registering in his heart. The result na that haircut.

1 Like

Re: "This Is Not My Son"- Mum Reacts After Her Son Showed Her His New Hairstyle by SHINJA: 10:16am On Nov 19, 2022
So to plait na sin sad

3 Likes

Re: "This Is Not My Son"- Mum Reacts After Her Son Showed Her His New Hairstyle by ASAPFERG1: 10:19am On Nov 19, 2022
ednut1:
you want my attention so bad
oloshi omo dake beyen grin
Re: "This Is Not My Son"- Mum Reacts After Her Son Showed Her His New Hairstyle by lailo: 10:24am On Nov 19, 2022
viyon02:
Train a boy in the part way of righteousness and when he grows old he will not depart from it.
That righteousness that is always caping nonsense on every thread. No way undecided
Re: "This Is Not My Son"- Mum Reacts After Her Son Showed Her His New Hairstyle by Gingerbreadman2: 10:25am On Nov 19, 2022
Mastakija:
Gradually the responsible generation is leaving
Now we are faced with deep irrelevant and irresponsible tenure of this present generation gradually turning into parents
While most of them sex tapes are littered throughout the internet some who are parents are grooming their children to become a social media professional ashewo

"the failure of a son is as a result of the failure of the father". Said by somebody in gladiator. "There's no responsible generation in this country. If not, we no go dey like this". Said by me.
Re: "This Is Not My Son"- Mum Reacts After Her Son Showed Her His New Hairstyle by Qardinalcaptain: 10:32am On Nov 19, 2022
No ooo na my own..i still can’t fathom why some parent make fuss abt unnecessary things,carrying certain hairstyle does not mean someone is wayward.tueh i think the gee never make am..wey burna boy carry dread come dey smoke join for im mama presence.

2 Likes

Re: "This Is Not My Son"- Mum Reacts After Her Son Showed Her His New Hairstyle by Idonweak: 10:33am On Nov 19, 2022
viyon02:
Total functioning of your cerebrum lack coordination, for you not to know differences between good and bad, am sorry for your parents, and sorry for family, and sorry for friends, am sorry for your children and finally am sorry for Nigeria.

Stop ranting like a fool and tell us what's immoral about what a human chooses to do with their hair.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "This Is Not My Son"- Mum Reacts After Her Son Showed Her His New Hairstyle by obedience4(m): 10:38am On Nov 19, 2022
dettolgel:
Blacks with backward mentality.

Majority of the drug smugglers, kidnappers and murderers being paraded on news here neither braid their hair nor had dreadlocks nor outrageous hair styles.

Even with this obvious facts we still judge people by their hair style?

Be there saying Black's,
Even here in the USA were there is much freedoms of expression.
You can't enter any bank and see this bankers on this hair styles
Even some high school's especially private ones they don't condone such hair styles
Big conglomerate their staff don't use this kind of styles
Unless you want to be a sales rep at Dino's pizza, or MacDonald, or gas attendant, then you wan wear such hair

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "This Is Not My Son"- Mum Reacts After Her Son Showed Her His New Hairstyle by Iwin2: 10:40am On Nov 19, 2022
viyon02:

Does the hair style amounts to unrighteousness??

1 Like

Re: "This Is Not My Son"- Mum Reacts After Her Son Showed Her His New Hairstyle by Iwin2: 10:43am On Nov 19, 2022
Mitsurugi:

Bro, please the hair honestly has nothing to do with righteousness. I have seen unbelievers and people who have "righteous" appearances commit heinous crimes.

That is one major problem with a majority of people in Africa. African man need to rediscover themselves. Foreign religion has brought more confusion to Africans

3 Likes

Re: "This Is Not My Son"- Mum Reacts After Her Son Showed Her His New Hairstyle by udomma1005(m): 10:44am On Nov 19, 2022
Cutehector:
how does choice of hairstyle depict righteousness? Na now i know say nigerians no get brain.
If you are not a Nigerian, stop questioning our need for basic decorum from youngsters. But if you're a Nigerian spewing the stupidities you just did, it's pertinent that you had and still have a dysfunctional life, if you fail to understand that fashion & physical grooming affects righteousness. Who would sack his pants, with tattoos all over his body, with scars everywhere would approach you to manage your retirement funds and you do agree?
.... Cleanliness is next to godliness....
A chain fits a dog more than a goat while a rope fits a goat more than a dog.......
Basically almost all weird western trending style do have perceptions and motives deviating vastly from the righteousness you quoted. Each passing day western ideologies & styles are imposing homosexuality, legalization of abortions, cannabis, firearms & occultism on the youths through fashion, music & social media contents.

1 Like

Re: "This Is Not My Son"- Mum Reacts After Her Son Showed Her His New Hairstyle by udomma1005(m): 10:48am On Nov 19, 2022
Iwin2:

Does the hair style amounts to unrighteousness??
Sure, it does!
Re: "This Is Not My Son"- Mum Reacts After Her Son Showed Her His New Hairstyle by jojothaiv(m): 10:50am On Nov 19, 2022
Throwback:

I thought same too ooo.

A sly move.
The rest wey quote am no understand, na Mungo Park mode all of them dey and as e be like this the manchi sef no show face...
Re: "This Is Not My Son"- Mum Reacts After Her Son Showed Her His New Hairstyle by rossovu: 10:52am On Nov 19, 2022
viyon02:
If you say this is bad then what do you say about leviticus 19:27?
Re: "This Is Not My Son"- Mum Reacts After Her Son Showed Her His New Hairstyle by samuelson06(m): 10:54am On Nov 19, 2022
Cutehector:
how does choice of hairstyle depict righteousness? Na now i know say nigerians no get brain.

Choice of hairstyle or general approach to living is influenced by your mental make up which has so much to do with how you were raised. That's what that person is talking about. Righteousness is simply about aligning to the ways of God or standing right with God.

Now, there are certain traits that show or strongly indicate the nature of things. For example, why do Police always harass young people with dreads? Why do they also disturb people that drives Benz and feel people that drives Ford or other car brands lives responsibly in some way? Why does the society quickly class young males that wear beret as cultists?

In the same vein, braiding your hair as a young man can be an indication that you're deviating from living right, which is so in most cases.
Re: "This Is Not My Son"- Mum Reacts After Her Son Showed Her His New Hairstyle by Nobody: 11:02am On Nov 19, 2022
viyon02:

I will always follow my own path. angry
Re: "This Is Not My Son"- Mum Reacts After Her Son Showed Her His New Hairstyle by ibkayee(f): 11:03am On Nov 19, 2022
Nigerians are so dramatic with their hairstyle correlation to ‘righteousness’ obsessions grin

1 Like

Re: "This Is Not My Son"- Mum Reacts After Her Son Showed Her His New Hairstyle by Nobody: 11:05am On Nov 19, 2022
blesson04:

Most strict parents always ended up having this type of guy and runz girls how many people observe this.

Anyways I buy and secure PayPal, Venmo, Apple Pay and Cashapp funds at Good rates

The best way to control a man is “Freedom”.
Re: "This Is Not My Son"- Mum Reacts After Her Son Showed Her His New Hairstyle by dettolgel: 11:07am On Nov 19, 2022
obedience4:

Be there saying Black's,
Even here in the USA were there is much freedoms of expression.
You can't enter any bank and see this bankers on this hair styles
Even some high school's especially private ones they don't condone such hair styles
Big conglomerate their staff don't use this kind of styles
Unless you want to be a sales rep at Dino's pizza, or MacDonald, or gas attendant, then you wan wear such hair

I live in Europe some of my professors have outrageous hairdo, big corporation out here don't even care.

I have been opportuned to attend some big time seminar and conference in the USA and I have seen outrageous hairdo as well.

But my point remains why are we fixated on what people do with their hair rather than the type of person dey really are.

3 Likes

Re: "This Is Not My Son"- Mum Reacts After Her Son Showed Her His New Hairstyle by Nobody: 11:08am On Nov 19, 2022
Fiscus105:

If parents not strict, imagine what the son would have become.

Train your kids to be responsible for themselves. Do not enshrine them in your belief. You will be surprised at how well they will turn out. I
Re: "This Is Not My Son"- Mum Reacts After Her Son Showed Her His New Hairstyle by Idonweak: 11:15am On Nov 19, 2022
samuelson06:

[s]Choice of hairstyle or general approach to living is influenced by your mental make up which has so much to do with how you were raised. That's what that person is talking about. Righteousness is simply about aligning to the ways of God or standing right with God.

Now, there are certain traits that show or strongly indicate the nature of things. For example, why do Police always harass young people with dreads? Why do they also disturb people that drives Benz and feel people that drives Ford or other car brands lives responsibly in some way? Why does the society quickly class young males that wear beret as cultists?

In the same vein, braiding your hair as a young man can be an indication that you're deviating from living right, which is so in most cases[/s]

Crap. We're in Africa, having different physical features from the colonial masters that brought you the religion you hold so there. Not every thing that works for them will work for us and vice versa. Because braiding of hair as a man is not alien to African culture and it doesn't make you a criminal. It's this white people that bring this rubbish when they established their missionary schools and it has been passed down ever since.

2 Likes

Re: "This Is Not My Son"- Mum Reacts After Her Son Showed Her His New Hairstyle by Fiscus105(m): 11:16am On Nov 19, 2022
RenerdLiam:

Train your kids to be responsible for themselves. Do not enshrine them in your belief. You will be surprised at how well they will turn out. I

If ur biliv is not homosexual and u see child doing that from infancy, you will leave him or her cos u re foolish parents.

If you don't biliv in stealing, and u see traces , you will not strict and leave him/her for destruction.

That child you want to leave to do what he likes, will eventually kill you the father first

Go and check statistics of children strict parents and lackadaisical parents.
Re: "This Is Not My Son"- Mum Reacts After Her Son Showed Her His New Hairstyle by samuelson06(m): 11:25am On Nov 19, 2022
Idonweak:

Crap. We're in Africa, having different physical features from the colonial masters that brought you the religion you hold so there. Not every thing that works for them will work for us and vice versa. Because braiding of hair as a man is not alien to African culture and it doesn't make you a criminal. It's this white people that bring this rubbish when they established their missionary schools and it has been passed down ever since.

Crap. We're in Africa. We're Africans. These are our values. Do Muslims also attend missionary schools? Well, life is a solo journey. Feel free to do what you want with yours.
Re: "This Is Not My Son"- Mum Reacts After Her Son Showed Her His New Hairstyle by obedience4(m): 11:26am On Nov 19, 2022
dettolgel:

I live in Europe some of my professors have outrageous hairdo, big corporation out here don't even care.

I have been opportuned to attend some big time seminar and conference in the USA and I have seen outrageous hairdo as well.

But my point remains why are we fixated on what people do with their hair rather than the type of person dey really are.

See universities can accept such hair do,
And guys in tech, I believe the conference you attended may be tech related.. IT and tech guys have no issues about their hair do,
Am talking about position were you have you have to represent the company, or when you are the face of a company.
BS. In the end your point is the best becuse I also agree to your point that people shouldn't be judged by their hair do, that's stereotypic..
In e

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Guys Use Marriage To Plunge Themselves Into Perpetual Poverty. / Cutting The Connection Between My Wife And Her Male Besty / Help My Husband Lacks Self Control

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.