Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,842 members, 7,813,840 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:39 PM

English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap (17498 Views)

English National Teams Are Crap / Champions League Draws: Crap! / Setanta Sports Are Such Crap! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap by tkb417(m): 8:46am On Sep 22, 2007
Yes because the person championing this thread is a Nazi. He wont stop not untill Seun delete this thing.
Re: English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap by mellow(m): 9:07am On Sep 22, 2007
What if I may ask is the difference between under-achievers and the word crappy?[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]
Re: English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap by tkb417(m): 9:20am On Sep 22, 2007
Crap = Ecuador, Isreal, Russia, Japan the list is endless
Under-achieving= Spain, England, Holland, Portugal,Nigeria etc
Re: English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap by ritchboi: 9:33am On Sep 22, 2007
Even russia arent crap,if nigeria arent crap den russia arent crap,because beleive it or not,if russia and nigeria play 2day,hehn,wel i dont need 2 tel u wat wil hapen.
Re: English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap by tkb417(m): 10:04am On Sep 22, 2007
Even russia arent crap,if nigeria arent crap den russia arent crap,because beleive it or not,if russia and nigeria play 2day,hehn,wel i don't need 2 tel u what wil hapen
Nigeria isnt on the list of under-achievers nowww.It was a typo grin grin
Re: English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap by dayokanu(m): 7:01am On Sep 24, 2007

TKB I thought you agreed that Ghana, Senegal, Azerbaijan e.t.c should be on the same level with Brazil just some posts ago.

Of those people based on the talents they have only Holland deserves to be there.
Re: English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap by tkb417(m): 4:57pm On Sep 24, 2007
TKB I thought you agreed that Ghana, Senegal, Azerbaijan e.t.c should be on the same level with Brazil just some posts ago.

Of those people based on the talents they have only Holland deserves to be there
u dey craze?
Re: English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap by dayokanu(m): 11:43am On Sep 30, 2007
@ TKB,
Let me refresh your memory with your previous posts.

C'mon this is not hard to figure out.
All the teams listed above have the clout and a large army of talents to be challenging for the world cup.
Holland, Spain, Portugal and Croatia all have a bragging rights to be competing with the very best.
Netherlands at one time have the best breed of strikers in the world. Not even Brazil and Argentina can match em.
Everywhere u look at . . . . .its quality. Ruud, Kluivert, Kuyt, Hasselbaink, Van Hooidjink, Makaay, Robben, Van persie, Huntelaar and so on and forth.
I am sure this generation will be cursing their luck why they havent won anything major with the wealth of talents they have got.
Can u tell me the reason why this team should not be competing with Brazil, Italy or Argentina?

You can say the same about Spain, Nigeria and Portugal and even Ghana.
These teams have stood tall at the world stage in youth competitions so why can't they push it further.
Portugal dominated the world in 89 and 91 in the under 20 competitions.
Nigeria has just won the under 17 thrice and reached the finals of the under 20 twice.
Ghana has won its share of the age-grade competitions as well so why not?
These countries are powerful football nations in their own rights and should be performing better than what is on paper.
guy in as much as you intend to make some points. This piece from you is rubbish on a serious note. [b]The list Jackal gave 90% is alright to me.[/b]Try not go out of context 4real. Spain is under-achieving and that is what every soccer afficionado all over the world call them.
If you think your own parameters are what we should stick to ,then youre joking.
im a bit busy now, and ill explain further.

Posted on: September 22, 2007, 09:20 AMPosted by: tkb417
Insert Quote

@ TKB you wrote the above
Re: English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap by tkb417(m): 11:52am On Oct 02, 2007
@Dayokanu
what are you talking about again?
i didnt have time to stress my points as regards Spain and England.
I think events have overtaken this thread. Let it die.
OK? You can start another one. cool
Re: English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap by dayokanu(m): 7:16pm On Oct 17, 2007
England's hopes of reaching the finals of Euro 2008 were dealt a serious blow on Wednesday when they relinquished a 1-0 lead to lose 2-1 against Russia in Moscow's Luzhniki Stadium. A win would have seen England qualify for next summer's tournament but they must now beat Group E leaders Croatia and hope Israel at least draw with Russia in November's final round of games

Russia went from elimination to victory in the space of 25 second-half minutes to take their qualification destiny back into their own hands and leave England's ambitions in serious jeopardy. England now rely on Israel at least holding the Russians, who will presumably beat Andorra.

When Germany had qualified ages ago England is actually depending on other teams to qualify Hisses loudly
The hallmark of a crappy team!!!
Re: English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap by folahann(m): 10:38pm On Oct 17, 2007
@ Dayokanu
All that is happening is that you don't like English Football, SIMPLE!
Do not forget that the premiership is different from the English national Team and that the bundesliga is different from German national team. I mean it's not only England that has to be accused, both Spain and Holland are in.
This last thing, let me make it clear to you that NIGERIA our homeland have got the same problem as England. we have got good players but we don't have a good team. So watch over your home before looking outside
Re: English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap by A40(m): 11:51pm On Oct 17, 2007
We all saw how crappy they where today?It will be very funny seeing them not make Euro 2008

@dayokanu
Did you enjoy how our mannschaft where trashed at home today.Well we are through already unlike some folks in England
Re: English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap by tkb417(m): 8:41am On Oct 18, 2007
@A-40
supporting Germany and Arsenal is like eating boli with tomatoes, it wont go
@dayokanu
Italy or France may not qualify. Let me tell you this, England is crap while the Bundesliga is Crappiest grin grin grin
How about that?
SO SHUT UP. Your country didnt qualify for world cup. Are you a Britiko or why is it catching your veins?
Re: English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap by somze(f): 11:14am On Oct 18, 2007
So much for all the anti-Lampard rants by the media and some folks here, as if Lampard was the problem of the English team. Gerrard and Lampard don't make good partnership in the team and Lampard is dropped as if its he's fault.

Gerrard this Gerrard that, I can't remember when Gerrard has helped to put a good performance when England was faced with a do or die game or even one of the world's biggest teams. Yesterday he missed a begger. Atleast Lampard scores goals. He bags more goals than Gerrard in thesame space and time. Face it Gerrard is a media hype . . . but again most English players are hyped.

Anyway the problem with the English team is the Press, the English FA and the Manager, but only the Manager can be sacked . . . unfortunately.
Re: English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap by Vieira(m): 11:41am On Oct 18, 2007
England is a team that plays with fear and that is their undoing.
They are so scared of losing and the backlash that will happen from the over expectant fans.
The English press will build you up when doing well but if you dare to stumble they will unleash a shitstorm the likes you never believe, their attacks can also be very personal as well.

So when England goes into a lot of matches they do so with the fear of failure and they are not big enough or have a good enough coach to help them raise above it.

An english team should be playing all out attack with a 4-4-2, simple. Not trying to sitting back and nick a goal on the counter.

The Lampard abuse issue is more to do with club loyalties tahn anything else, his performance in the world cup just gave them more excuses to have a go. In England club comes before country and hence a lot of Lampard abuse is due to his Chelsea connections and esp a lot of West Ham fans have not forgiven him.
Re: English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap by rikkyjen(m): 8:15pm On Oct 18, 2007
Actually, this little boy's action epitomises how the EURO tournament is about to snub England grin grin grin
Re: English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap by akinalabi(m): 12:55am On Oct 19, 2007
somze:

Anyway the problem with the English team is the Press, the English FA and the Manager, but only the Manager can be sacked . . . unfortunately.

The FA if you ask me. Brian Barwick is just a
dunce.

Akin Alabi
Re: English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap by somze(f): 9:08am On Oct 19, 2007
Brian
For giving McClown the job in the first place

Press
For chasing away Scolari, only to put McClown under pressure after giving him the job

McClown
For not having a clue and being a puppet to the Press
Re: English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap by tkb417(m): 9:31am On Oct 19, 2007
Maybe we wouldnt have been saying all these if that idiot of a REF didnt give that penalty and if my Man Gerrad had scored that beautiful chance he wasted.
Adieu England sad sad sad
Re: English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap by somze(f): 9:54am On Oct 19, 2007
The first goal by Roonie was offside.

When the game was played in England, the Ref wrongly cancelled a Russian goal, Huudink did not complain.

Gerrard miss was woeful but i've seen worse wink

The English team has individual players but they do not play as a team.
When it matters most they break under the pressure and fail, that's why they are under achievers, only managing to make it to major quarter-finals grin

Only Spain is worse in that respect. undecided
Re: English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap by A40(m): 10:22am On Oct 19, 2007
@tkb
I prefer them to England at least they are not overhyped but Germany are a much greater team.The chances of England are slimmer than that of Italy and France because The scots lost to Georgia
Re: English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap by tkb417(m): 10:30am On Oct 19, 2007
@A-40
Im just having some sorts of sympathy for England because of my lads that play for England. My teams in europe are France and Holland. The Oranje bois are my most prefered.

Of course Germany and England arent on the same level. But why will i support Germany Very boring shits!!
Just like the league.
Re: English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap by A40(m): 10:58am On Oct 19, 2007
The league is boring but the English team isnt that exciting either
Re: English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap by Jackal(m): 1:46pm On Oct 19, 2007
@ A-40,

English team are not boring.
They play good footie and they didnt deserve to lose the game against Russia.
If Richards and Gerrard had scored their chances . . . .we wont be here condemning the lads.

They tried their best but i must confess the Chelsea players in the team were woeful.
I cannot remember Joe Cole and Wright Phillips doing anything tangible during the match.
They kept running around like roaches and didnt support the front-men and that was where England lacked the cutting edge.

I cannot blame McLaren for this loss.
He can only make do with the resources he has got in his kitty.
McLaren didnt instruct Gerrard to miss the sitter he squandered.
Re: English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap by dayokanu(m): 6:20pm On Oct 19, 2007
I cannot blame McLaren for this loss.
He can only make do with the resources he has got in his kitty.
McLaren didnt instruct Gerrard to miss the sitter he squandered.

WHat do you mean by that ? you mean he has crappy resources? if so we now go back to where we started from.

@ TKB,
I would rather play very boring football and win the world cup 3 times and Euro cup 3 times. Play several finals Than play excitingly and not win anything in 31 years.

Don't you realise that it is the countries that you call boring that win trophies in Europe? Italy and germany are the most succesful; while Spain, Portugal and Holland and

they rarely win. think about that.

Man Utd plays exciting football and they have won twice Bayern plays boring football and they have won 4 times. Think about that. grin tongue
Re: English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap by Razorr(f): 6:39pm On Oct 19, 2007
Always used to wonder what the reason for Dayokanu's passionate hatred for England and everything English was and after doing some digging, I found my answer.

Well, it turns out that Mr. Kanu here, between 1999 and 2003, consistently applied for a British Visa and was denied each time. grin He then embarked on a road trip in a dusty truck, through the Sahara desert and eventually got his ass into England. But unfortunately for him, England's ever efficient Border Patrol dogs got a sniff of his ass and nearly mauled him to death if not for the intervention of some patrol officers nearby.

He was afterwards deported back to Nigeria.

Eventually, after applying a couple of times, Germany oferred him their Visa and he now lives there, hating England and all it represents with a passion now.

That explains it all. wink
Re: English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap by dayokanu(m): 7:05pm On Oct 19, 2007
@ Razorr,
how you take know? You be witch? Na in you put my life history for here. Abeg Oh
Re: English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap by A40(m): 7:23pm On Oct 19, 2007
@Jackal
I cant place my bet on an English team they might as well sit at home cos we know they wouldnt do much in that tournament.McClaren cannot be blamed i agree even though he has never been a fantastic coach but then again England does not xactly have a fantastic coach do they.It is high time they accept that they suck
Re: English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap by Jackal(m): 7:36pm On Oct 19, 2007
@ A-40,

England does not SUCK.
Today's generation of players is the best England has ever had.
How can u say players like Gerrard, Rio, Terry and Rooney are crap?
I think the whole problem stems from the fact that they cannot play together plus a shitty goalie.
Team chemistry is lacking but they are better than GREECE that won it in 2004. tongue
Re: English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap by A40(m): 3:48pm On Oct 21, 2007
@Jackal
Whatever man.They have good players but why cant they blend? why cant they come up with a good coach? Blimey they dont even have good refs my take is that they should stick to Rugby but then they lost yesterday tongue

Address the Greeks with some respect they are still the European Champions and look more likely to qualify than the Brits.they beat the hosts twice in that tourney tongue
Re: English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap by folahann(m): 5:58pm On Oct 21, 2007
Some peoples' comments make me sick

Leave england alone
Re: English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap by dayokanu(m): 7:24am On Oct 22, 2007
Every time when a team blames a coach for their misfortune say a thing about the quality of their team.

Terry Venables, Glenn Hoddle, kevin Keegan, Sven Eriksonn and Mc Claren are all not good enough but Klinsmann with no managerial experience was 3rd place winner at the world cup. What do you say about that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Barcelona Confirm Agreement To Loan Coutinho / Leicester City Vs Chelsea (1 - 3) On 11th March 2023 / West Ham Vs Manchester City (1 - 1) On 24th October 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.