Stats: 3,151,713 members, 7,813,355 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:12 AM

English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap (17495 Views)

English National Teams Are Crap / Champions League Draws: Crap! / Setanta Sports Are Such Crap! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap by dayokanu(m): 3:33pm On Sep 17, 2007
England is a country that has not produced a true great of the game so how come they are under achievers? the Dutch are under achievers yes They have played and lost 2 finals they have produced people like Cryuff and Van Basten who have no peers in the history of England.
They are just a bunch of noisemakers.

Jackal
If you want to learn you have to open your eyes and mind and read facts not just coming to the internet like wannabe Gangsters. Sit down and learn about European football not those gutter languages you spew all over- It gives people an insight into the vacuum in your cranial cavity.
Re: English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap by Iman3(m): 3:36pm On Sep 17, 2007
dayokanu:

This is the all star team of USA 1994 I wonder where you got your Mung Bo from?

That must be a comprehensive list of all the defenders in the 94 World Cup and their votes.

At least we know Jorginho and M Santos were better than Baresi or Sammer
Re: English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap by dayokanu(m): 3:48pm On Sep 17, 2007
At least we know Jorginho and M Santos were better than Baresi or Sammer

Yes at that tournament probably overall in their career Baresi and Sammer were better.
Re: English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap by McOmo(m): 3:53pm On Sep 17, 2007
Owen better than Klose ? shocked shocked

Club-wise or national team-wise ? embarassed

some people are sh@tting us here right ? angry

what is the bone of contention really ? undecided

answer these questions y'all and spare urselves the insults tongue

is Nigeria an UNDER-ACHIEVING team or plain CRAPPY ? cool
Re: English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap by ritchboi: 3:58pm On Sep 17, 2007
Ok.So because ronaldo was pfa player of the year last season means he is beta dan henry,lampard,gerrard,scholes etc? and dats player of the WHOLE season,not 2 talk of a worldcup which lasts jus 1 month.
Re: English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap by tkb417(m): 4:00pm On Sep 17, 2007
Nigeria (super eagles) nowadays is SHIT. less than crap
Re: English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap by Iman3(m): 4:01pm On Sep 17, 2007
dayokanu:

Yes at that tournament probably overall in their career Baresi and Sammer were better.

So it could simply be that Podolski for a variety of reasons-injury to Rooney,playing for home team-was better than Rooney at that tournament so telling us Podolski was voted for by FIFA doesn't tell us much anymore than Hong Myung Bo getting more votes than Baresi in 94
Re: English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap by Jackal(m): 4:01pm On Sep 17, 2007
@ Kit,

Very good question.
Nigeria is under-achieving because of the large army of talented players we have got.
Matter of factly, Nigeria and Brazil should be in the same pedestal with the pool of players we have but our Administration lets us down.
In that wise . . . . . .Nigeria has under-achieved because they are performing far below their potentials.

Ghana has won the nations cup 5 times . . . .Nigeria has won it twice and Senegal is yet to win it.
Should we now say because Ghana has 5 titles it is logical to say they are better than Senegal and Nigeria.
Do u know the number of Nigerian players in the top leagues of the world?
Only few european teams are better than England but yesssssssssss, i agree they have performed below their potentials.
Re: English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap by dayokanu(m): 4:04pm On Sep 17, 2007
Mc Omo ,
Just Imagine Owen and Klose? Owen in his more than 10 years of playing football has never been highest goals scorer in any league in any season.
2. He has never been highest goal scorer in any tournament so what is the basis for comparison I doubt if he has been runner up either.
Re: English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap by dayokanu(m): 4:08pm On Sep 17, 2007
Nigeria has talents who can be seen as greats in the African game. Nigeria has won African footballer of the year awards several times so Nigeria has the potential but are under achieving.

Can the same be said about England? What potential has England when Rio, SWP, Robinson can play, which English player can you compare to Cryuff, Beckenbauer, Gerd Muller, Ruminegge, Baggio, Van Basten, Ruud Gullit, Paolo Maldini?.
Re: English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap by dayokanu(m): 4:11pm On Sep 17, 2007
So it could simply be that Podolski for a variety of reasons-injury to Rooney,playing for home team-was better than Rooney at that tournament so telling us Podolski was voted for by FIFA doesn't tell us much anymore than Hong Myung Bo getting more votes than Baresi in 94

As at the last tournament when they both played Podolski beat him, it could be due to Gonorrhea or Typhoid no one cares. Till the next tournament when they both play again we would now see but for now Podolski tops.
Re: English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap by Jackal(m): 4:14pm On Sep 17, 2007
@ Dayokanu,

Stop talking like a nincompoop.
Podolski won it because English viewers voted Ronaldo out of the top.
Did Podolski play UEFA last season or not? Was he even nominated in UEFA list of the best strikers.
Rooney and Ronaldo made the nominations but where was ur Podolski?
Re: English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap by McOmo(m): 4:29pm On Sep 17, 2007
Owen will never be as good as KLOSE . . . NEVER !!!

NIgeria is OVER-HYPED, SHITTY, CRAPPY AND UNDER-ACHIEVING ALL AT THE SAME TIME cool

aw many players do we have that can stroll into the first X1 of these countries BASED ON THEIR ATTITUDE. . . . . and that is a different ball game from even being good enough in the role u play cool

Germany has always been consistent so whats the argument about ?

do the STATS lie ? cool

Gordon Banks was very brilliant . . yes ! Peter Shilton ? yes ! kiss

aw many more will u count after that ? undecided

David James or Robinson ? undecided

at least Oliver Khan made his mark at the WORLD CUP tongue

AND EVEN AN ERRATIC LEHMANN MADE SOME RECORD FOR HIMSELF TOO AT THE EURO STAGE COUPLE OF YEARS BACK grin grin
Re: English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap by dayokanu(m): 4:42pm On Sep 17, 2007
This is according to UEFA.
Jackal learn.
Best Goalkeeper
Year Player Club
2007 Petr Čech Chelsea FC
2006 Jens Lehmann Arsenal FC
2005 Petr Čech Chelsea FC
2004 Vítor Baía FC Porto
2003 Gianluigi Buffon Juventus
2002 Oliver Kahn FC Bayern München
2001 Oliver Kahn FC Bayern München
2000 Oliver Kahn FC Bayern München
1999 Oliver Kahn FC Bayern München
1998 Peter Schmeichel Manchester United FC

Best keeper by UEFA 4 years in a row. Guess UEFA are nincompoops too. Won the best player at the world cup guess English press voted against Jackal too?
Re: English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap by dayokanu(m): 4:50pm On Sep 17, 2007
@ Mc Omo ,
Thank you oh because according to Jackal these stats and facts dont matter because dayokanu wrote them abi?

Comparing 3 world cup to 1, 3 world cup runner up to none, 2 third place (bronze medal) to none when would England catch up with this? or comparing 3 Euro cup to none. Where do we start from? Comparing those to my Mannschaft

Comparing Beckenbauer, Gerd Muller, Ruminegge, Matthaus, Voller, Hassler,Klinsmann, Kahn. Kohler, Sammer to whom Rio Ferdinand, David Seaman, Terry Butcher, david beckham, Gary Lineker, John Barnes and Tony Adams? God forbid !!!
Re: English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap by Jackal(m): 5:12pm On Sep 17, 2007
@ Dayokanu,

U are such an irritant.
For Bleep's sake . . . . . . . .Dont twist this argument over.
What i said was i agree England has under-achieved but dont ever say they are crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How does that translate to England is a better team than Germany?
Are u this retarded?
Re: English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap by McOmo(m): 5:16pm On Sep 17, 2007
@Jackal

okay; in ur own view/opinion strictly name other countries in the same category with England that u can say they are not crap but simply under-achieving cool

pls juxtapose that with Spain's scenario . Thanz
Re: English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap by Jackal(m): 5:34pm On Sep 17, 2007
@ MC Omo,

Thank you very much!!!!!!!
Lemme give u a list.

Holland

Spain

Nigeria

Portugal

Czech Republic

Croatia

Cote D'Ivore

Mexico

Senegal.
Re: English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap by McOmo(m): 5:39pm On Sep 17, 2007
@Jackal

pls expatiate ooooo cool

that ur list is quite funny u know ? grin
Re: English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap by Jackal(m): 5:50pm On Sep 17, 2007
@ MC Omo,

C'mon this is not hard to figure out.
All the teams listed above have the clout and a large army of talents to be challenging for the world cup.
Holland, Spain, Portugal and Croatia all have a bragging rights to be competing with the very best.
Netherlands at one time have the best breed of strikers in the world. Not even Brazil and Argentina can match em.
Everywhere u look at . . . . .its quality. Ruud, Kluivert, Kuyt, Hasselbaink, Van Hooidjink, Makaay, Robben, Van persie, Huntelaar and so on and forth.
I am sure this generation will be cursing their luck why they havent won anything major with the wealth of talents they have got.
Can u tell me the reason why this team should not be competing with Brazil, Italy or Argentina?

You can say the same about Spain, Nigeria and Portugal and even Ghana.
These teams have stood tall at the world stage in youth competitions so why can't they push it further.
Portugal dominated the world in 89 and 91 in the under 20 competitions.
Nigeria has just won the under 17 thrice and reached the finals of the under 20 twice.
Ghana has won its share of the age-grade competitions as well so why not?
These countries are powerful football nations in their own rights and should be performing better than what is on paper.
Re: English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap by dayokanu(m): 6:40am On Sep 18, 2007
@ MC Omo,

Thank you very much!!!!!!!
Lemme give u a list.

Holland

Spain

Nigeria

Portugal

Czech Republic

Croatia

Cote D'Ivore

Mexico

Senegal.

Holland is under achieving because like you said they have exceptional players in their midst at every point in time.

But a country like Spain, In modern football, at what point in time can you name a Spainard among the best 3 in the world?. The best Spainard in my own opinion is still Raul and he definitely cant be compaed with the greats of his time Zidane, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Figo e.t.c.
I might agree a bit with you regarding Portugal if I consider players like Eusebio, Figo. But all the others I cant name 3 players per country that were ever up up there among the elites of players.

Like Mc Omo said this list is funny I was expecting to see Bahrain and Tajikistan among the list of under achievers.

Age grade competitions are very different from the real game because in Europe the best nations Germany, Italy and Holland hardly do well in age grade competition I cant remember Italy ever winning a medal at any of this but these countries dominate Senior football in Europe.

So much for your said footballing knowledge.
Re: English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap by tkb417(m): 8:50am On Sep 18, 2007
Holland is under achieving because like you said they have exceptional players in their midst at every point in time.

But a country like Spain, In modern football, at what point in time can you name a Spainard among the best 3 in the world?. The best Spainard in my own opinion is still Raul and he definitely can't be compaed with the greats of his time Zidane, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Figo e.t.c.
I might agree a bit with you regarding Portugal if I consider players like Eusebio, Figo. But all the others I can't name 3 players per country that were ever up up there among the elites of players.

Like Mc Omo said this list is funny I was expecting to see Bahrain and Tajikistan among the list of under achievers.

Age grade competitions are very different from the real game because in Europe the best nations Germany, Italy and Holland hardly do well in age grade competition I can't remember Italy ever winning a medal at any of this but these countries dominate Senior football in Europe.

So much for your said footballing knowledge.

guy in as much as you intend to make some points. This piece from you is rubbish on a serious note. The list Jackal gave 90% is alright to me.
Try not go out of context 4real. Spain is under-achieving and that is what every soccer afficionado all over the world call them.
If you think your own parameters are what we should stick to ,then youre joking.
im a bit busy now, and ill explain further.
Re: English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap by Jackal(m): 10:04am On Sep 18, 2007
@ Dayokanu,

U are just a ninny.
How can u say Raul is the only world-class player Spain ever had.
What about Emilio Butragueno, Fernando Heirro and Andoni Zubizarreta?
I just think u have a warped view of what world-class players are.
Your eye-vision needs to re-alligned.

Nigeria is another big under-achieving country.
Poor administration to dodgy football agents is the ugly-headed hydra killing Nigerian players off.
If Okocha was English . . . he would have won European player of the year with his stupendous talents.
Kanu Nwankwo, Amuneke, George Finidi are all world-class players.

Croatia also had Davor Suker and Zvonimir Boban.
How can u tell me these lads aint world class players?
Your idiocy even extended to the theory that age-grade competitions dont mean shit . . . .How dumb can u be?
Maradona, Ronaldinho, Luis Figo, Luiz Ronaldo, Dida and Leo Messi were all products of age-grade competitions.
Because Italy and the Nazis have never won it dont mean big countries like Brazil and Argentina dont do well in it.
Look beyond ur broken nose.
Re: English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap by dayokanu(m): 6:43am On Sep 19, 2007
@ Dayokanu,

You are just a ninny.
How can u say Raul is the only world-class player Spain ever had.
What about Emilio Butragueno, Fernando Heirro and Andoni Zubizarreta?
I just think u have a warped view of what world-class players are.
Your eye-vision needs to re-alligned

Can you mention at any point in time those players would be among the top 3 in the world? I know between 2000-2002 Raul would be among the top 3 European players of that time.

Nigeria is another big under-achieving country.
Poor administration to dodgy football agents is the ugly-headed hydra killing Nigerian players off.
If Okocha was English . . . he would have won European player of the year with his stupendous talents.
Kanu Nwankwo, Amuneke, George Finidi are all world-class players.

Another stuff that would be good enough for complete sports headline. So
George Weah that won WOrld, African and European was English? Your reasoning and thinking is so mediocre just another infant brain in an adult body.

Amuneke and Kanu too world class? Then all the USA 94 set too are world class.

Croatia also had Davor Suker and Zvonimir Boban.
How can u tell me these lads aint world class players?

Can any one call these the greats of the game? I can mention 20 football players since 1970 without mentioning any of the 2.

Your idiocy even extended to the theory that age-grade competitions don't mean shit . . . .How dumb can u be?
Maradona, Ronaldinho, Luis Figo, Luiz Ronaldo, Dida and Leo Messi were all products of age-grade competitions.
Because Italy and the Nazis have never won it don't mean big countries like Brazil and Argentina don't do well in it.
Look beyond your broken nose

I have always told you that your limited footballing knowledge of European football is the problem.
I advise you that you use your brains and learn before the supposed white matter starts seeping out as puss from your ears.
Germany won the FIFA under 21 in 1981 and were finalist in 1987 I dont have to remind you that this is more than England has ever achieved at this level in 100years. FACT!!
Re: English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap by dayokanu(m): 6:51am On Sep 19, 2007
@TKB
You also beleive Croatia, Senegal, Mexico, Czech Republic and Ghana too should be categorised as under achieving and they too should have won the world cup. Or what exactly are you trying to say by you agree 90% with that list that does not include Singapore, Malawi and Chechnya grin grin TKB joo now!!!
Re: English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap by tkb417(m): 7:57am On Sep 19, 2007
You also beleive Croatia, Senegal, Mexico, Czech Republic and Ghana too should be categorised as under achieving and they too should have won the world cup. Or what exactly are you trying to say by you agree 90% with that list that does not include Singapore, Malawi and Chechnya

See, i dont even have your time at all. What about the futures trading? any luck? Give me a break from this England is crap thing. The thread should be deleted.
Re: English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap by Jackal(m): 10:44am On Sep 19, 2007
@ Dayokanu,

U are such an idiot.
Honestly, if u marry a plonker like u then expect to have a house full of cretins.
Is it until u r rated top 3 before u become a world class player?
How stupid and moronic can u be?

Honestly, i have lost the appetite arguing with u.
Pele came out and listed 125 world class players not too long ago.
Okocha made the list and many other players ur cock-head dont know also made the list.
So, what are u on about . . . . David Beckham, Shearer, Owen and Gordon Banks all made it to the list.

If Pele conisders em world class players, then who r u to disprove it?
A good for nothing nincompoop like u who cleans toilet in a Munich airport to make a living.
You only talk shit whenever u open ur mouth and u r lost in d storm
Go back to ur drawing board and dream up a more intelligent topic than this.
I dont have time for pillocks like u who wears his ass on his head.
Buncha ASSHATS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap by dayokanu(m): 6:34am On Sep 20, 2007
@ Jackal,
As predictable as ever you can never discuss issues rather you go on and on ranting. Like I said use your brains or they would rot in your skull. And the only way is to seek knowledge.

AT least you have learnt some thing on this thread 1. Spain has won the EUro cup before. 2) Germany unlike England has won U-21 before. 3) Your brain is fast becoming a vestigial organ
Re: English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap by Jackal(m): 7:26pm On Sep 20, 2007
@ Dayokanu,

All that balderdash is stale.
Spain winning European cup and reh reh reh, i know all that .
What i never realised was ur low level of intelligence coupled with ur acute conjuctivitis plus ur dyslexic nature.

The question here is . . . If Pele considers Okocha a world class player then whats ur point?
If Beckham, Shearer and Owen made it to Pele's list then England national team is not crap.
They have under-achieved greatly but the word crap just makes ur topic sound senseless and colourless.

You know what?
Lemme say this cos i wont regret it . . . . . You are really the most miserable sod i've ever met(virtually).
But hey, cheer up, i might still meet another.
Re: English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap by akinalabi(m): 9:55pm On Sep 20, 2007
England's national team is not a bunch of crap.

I'll say they are under achievers and they've
had lots of special talents over the years.

Most of their problems I reckon is self inflicted,
notably their tendency to discard their experienced
players anytime they see new ones coming
through.

Take a look at the successful national teams,
they are always calling on their experienced
players. The national team is for men and not
for boys.

Look at the finals of the last world cup. See the
teams that got there. Italy and France made
use of their experienced players.

A player like Paul Scholes should be the one
still controlling their midfield but he was frustrated
out when the likes of Lampart came unto the
scene.

Now they are saying Micah Richards will dispose
Gary Neville. Crazy to me. Gary should still hold
that spot for 5 years.

They should be doing better than they are
currently doing.

They are a decent side.

Akin Alabi
Re: English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap by ritchboi: 11:20pm On Sep 20, 2007
dis must be d longest argument in nl history!
Re: English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap by McOmo(m): 11:39pm On Sep 20, 2007
Longest argument in Nland's history ? BTW the under-achieving status of the Team England after so many failed attempts makes it eligible to be tagged CRAPPY just like d Nigerian project, talents or not ! cos the tag 'Talent' is relative ! or what explains Becks' inability to break into d ranks of true greats ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Barcelona Confirm Agreement To Loan Coutinho / Leicester City Vs Chelsea (1 - 3) On 11th March 2023 / West Ham Vs Manchester City (1 - 1) On 24th October 2020

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88