Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,837 members, 7,828,054 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? (41260 Views)

Vibration On Niger Bridge: Motorists Worried / Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here / 5 Passengers Burnt To Death After Bus Catches Fire While Travelling To Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by Carot: 11:24am On Nov 18, 2022
franchasng:
Only stingy, broke and struggling men abide by this 50/50 rule.

I have never envisaged nor wished to share financial responsibilities with my wife even when I was single, and I keep praying to God to never allow my situation get to that stage till I sign off from this earth.

Not all couple living abroad do this 50/50, to the best of my knowledge, none of my close friends are doing it with their wives.

Any man that allows such sharing formula in his marriage has laid foundation for failure.

I believe in the traiditional marriage style and the Bible way too. A husband's responsibility is to provide for his wife and kids and even take care of his aged parents plus the needy around and these are my daily guide in life even when I was still struggling with life.

In life, you get what you so much desire without doubt
my wife is there is to support me, assist me and above all carry me when I'm down. I can't marry a liability oh. Never

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by brain54(m): 11:25am On Nov 18, 2022
teamc:
Got married 2yrs ago and we have a beautiful daughter, she has this dream of studying in Canada and I support her dream.

Our immigration consultant recommend she apply alone to increase chances that i and our daughter can join her later.

Now visa is out and she will be travelling next month. I have read numerous stories about how women change when they travel out.

Should I be worried?
Bro no one here on nairaland has the answer to your question…

Na you marry you wife.

You should know her… at least to an extent, what she can and can’t do. Because you interact with her daily over the years you have been married.

Search your self you will find the answers to your question. And possibly the solution.

I wish you good luck!

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by paris10: 11:26am On Nov 18, 2022
As long as you guys have made provisions for housing or where to stay, it's not a big deal. When she gets there, she can even file for you and the child within a month if she can convince the border agency officer that she has a place and a fund to support you guys pending when you start work.

Facts about Canada: Canada loves and cherishes family. They understand the importance and significance of being apart and what detriment it brings. They'd without hesitation grant your visa when your wife files for you. That being said, don't rush her into filing for you. Let her gain some momentum and know her way around first. In short, let her settle down first and concentrate on her studies. 3 months is the minimum and 6 months max before she files for you.

You wouldn't want to wait any longer after 6 months because of some wolves in sheep's clothing. Women are very self-controlled people. It would be at her loss if she engages in any extra-marital affairs just so to fast-tract her residency. 99.9% of Canadian men of Nigerian origin are married and don't have the luxury to do papers for anyone.

Just make sure you send her stipends every now and then to ward off cougars who are desperately waiting for naive and broke newcomers.

5 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by femiolorun(m): 11:26am On Nov 18, 2022
teamc:
Got married 2yrs ago and we have a beautiful daughter, she has this dream of studying in Canada and I support her dream.

Our immigration consultant recommend she apply alone to increase chances that i and our daughter can join her later.

Now visa is out and she will be travelling next month. I have read numerous stories about how women change when they travel out.

Should I be worried?

Why will you be worried, abi you have skeleton in your cupboard, that you feel your wife might pay back? Oga relax nothing will happen, pls follow ayandee, that advise is very very useful,
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by 07kjb: 11:26am On Nov 18, 2022
I pray you married a good woman

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by gabicon: 11:27am On Nov 18, 2022
teamc:

Should I be worried?

Only you can answer that question, some people assume that people change as a result of opportunities and resources. I say people are who they are, resources and opportunities only reveal that identity. So the question is who are you married to? A kind compassionate fellow or arrogant and pompous or weak and impressionable?

Secondly, a relocation takes a toll on relationships, irrespective of how strong they are. A lot of proper planning is required to sustain such a relationship. something like communication while apart needs to be planned, it's not the 'I missed you I called plan' ooo. We talk 15min every day on weekends we video call and talk for at least 2 hrs sort of plan. Finance has to also be planned, managing your intimate needs has to be discussed, parenting your child has to be planned etc.

I really don't like single relocation, it takes a toll on relationships, secondly, there are no guarantees of bringing the family on the other side to be with you.

Make sure you don't resort to fear because fear makes you make bad decisions.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by vickydevoka(m): 11:29am On Nov 18, 2022
teamc:

Should I be worried?
Canada no be us oga, you go de alright. 90 percent of 9ja women prefer abroad. Because the society favours them. Canada pr the easy. Believe me nothing go happen
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by dust144(m): 11:30am On Nov 18, 2022
Be over worry oo
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by vickydevoka(m): 11:31am On Nov 18, 2022
franchasng:

I have never envisaged nor wished to share financial responsibilities with my wife even when I was single, and I keep praying to God to never allow my situation get to that stage till I sign off from this earth.

Not all couple living abroad do this 50/50, to the best of my knowledge, none of my close friends are doing it with their wives.

Any man that allows such sharing formula in his marriage has laid foundation for failure.

I believe in the traiditional marriage style and the Bible way too. A husband's responsibility is to provide for his wife and kids and even take care of his aged parents plus the needy around and these are my daily guide in life even when I was still struggling with life.

Bush man living in a zoo
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by vickydevoka(m): 11:33am On Nov 18, 2022
teamc:

Should I be worried?
Never shout at her on phone or speak angrily. Just always believe her
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by blackedwin: 11:34am On Nov 18, 2022
Sometimes I wonder why married folks come to a public forum to seek for advice on issues relating to their marriage. Marriage is for the mature and not feeble minded.Take charge and be responsible and accountable for decisions.
The issues relating to change of behaviour upon travel overseas are not only related to women only.men also have their own doings.
The most important thing is to understand your spouse before putting them in a vulnerable position. You're only worried about your wife potential changes if she lands in Canada,what about you? What happens when she lands in Canada would you stay faithful and not use her absence to sow wild oats. You will agree that the effects are on both sides.
That's why both of you needs to sit down and have a heart-to-heart conversation and make a concious decision and put all mitigations in place to avoid undesirable consequences.

Remember all outcome are caused.
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by Nweike1: 11:34am On Nov 18, 2022
advanceDNA:

Na 50/50....
If it works out as u want...good...
If she change and follow another man with settled status then ghost you....no vex... humans can be unpredictable..understand say na survival mode she switch to...

Wateva happens, u go dey alright las las .but no overthink the matter right now...
very sound advice
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by mrcelebrity1: 11:35am On Nov 18, 2022
[quote author=teamc post=118464226]Got married 2yrs ago and we have a beautiful daughter, she has this dream of studying in Canada and I support her dream.

Should I be worried?[/quot

Yes you need to be worried because dem go Bleep am sha ni ! So Zero your mind and drink some opa ruin to knack am silly before she commit .. I come in peace .
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by BigYash: 11:35am On Nov 18, 2022
sihamey:
Op you shouldn’t have come to NairaLand to seek for advise on family matters there are lots of WOMAN HATER here they will scatter your marriage wink grin
Nothing like scattering.. You see that woman when go dey Bleep pastor with belle? The husband also loved and trusted her.. Women dey easily change.. Op for go first.. Blike he get shock absolver full heart sha.. Let's wish him good luck! I sha not become enemy of process.. Join me shout Amen wink
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by 009rastaman(m): 11:36am On Nov 18, 2022
Fear women!
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by niel63(m): 11:38am On Nov 18, 2022
Op zero your mind on this.

Being exposed to too much negative information dey cause this kind thing. What will be will be. Keep supporting your wife. She is your wife and will always be unless otherwise. Ignore the negatives and focus on whats to come.

Petrol dey highly inflammable... yet people still dey store am for house. Keep your fingers crossed.
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by stevups(m): 11:39am On Nov 18, 2022
If you have been a wonderful friend to your wife, your result will soon be out. She can never leave you if you are a great companion. But if after small thing yours is argument and quarrelling, you can do a sendforth for her now, because she will pray never to meet you again. No woman is wicked if you are good towards her.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by Tundex911: 11:39am On Nov 18, 2022
Oluwa a wa pelu e ati omo e
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by Snitch24(m): 11:39am On Nov 18, 2022
Yes please be worried
Intact be very very worried
Except you're planning to join her soon
Please be very worried
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by NigerianAngelo(m): 11:40am On Nov 18, 2022
teamc:

Should I be worried?

I think you should be worried.

I think you should cancel it if you are not totally comfortable.

I am sure you will lose nothing if both of you stay here.
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by kenodrill: 11:43am On Nov 18, 2022
Prepare your mind for future emotional trauma bro
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by tiwasiaife(m): 11:43am On Nov 18, 2022
teamc:

Should I be worried?

Op anything can happen.
I know someone whose wife just traveled in August for studies within 3 weeks she complained of cold and couldn't manage and started banging her classmate from Naija when the husband suspected and confronted her She shouted him down and tagged him insecure.
This guy has to consult the consultable now She has confessed that She's pregnant for him and pleading for forgiveness .
When the husband asked how many times she lied that it was two times.
The guy refused to believed and told her that for such act to be destroyed through traditional way, she has to confess fully and she said uncountable that she can't remember how many times.
Meanwhile, they have 3 kids already before she left.
2 girls and a boy.
This guy is as confused as anything now.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by favour32(m): 11:45am On Nov 18, 2022
There are two events to happen when your wife travels to Canada.

(A)
If she travels,your marriage will continue =First event.
(B)
If she she travels,your marriage may not continue=Second event.

Total of both events=2.

***Probability that if she travels out,the marriage will continue=1/2

**"Probability that if she travels out,the marriage will not continue= 1/2.

Op!
Prepare ya mind for either outcome.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by 9zcollins(m): 11:45am On Nov 18, 2022
Please who did her Visa for her, the person is trustworthy.....can you assist me with the person contact because I want to process mine too

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by mikeapollo: 11:45am On Nov 18, 2022
teamc:

Should I be worried?

It is dicey, but I wish you best of luck.
Please impregnate her again, immediately. That could be a way to keep a tab on her at least for the next 9 months. If she tells you stories (e.g. losing the pregnancy after she gets to Canada), then you know she is up to something.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by harizonal123(m): 11:46am On Nov 18, 2022
teamc:

Should I be worried?
Many of my friends have done exactly same & it worked out 100% I'm yet to hear negative report from them or you don't trust your wife?

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by Aguogba(m): 11:46am On Nov 18, 2022
ednut1:
Insecure man lol. But on a serious note if there cracks in the marriage from Nigeria, it will crash when she reaches there
Confirm
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by Mexzy88(m): 11:48am On Nov 18, 2022
gulfer:
I think it's a win either way. Please can you share your immigration consultant contact?
Dm
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by Amoj4682: 11:49am On Nov 18, 2022
teamc:

I'm the sponsor on the application and we applied has a family at 1st (wife studying /myself and our daughter are the dependent)
our immigration consultant call and advise that my wife should apply alone to increase the chances .
I love and I trust her just having a private thought of WHAT IF

Why doubt your wife. You have a lovely child together any responsible woman will honour her marriage, will have an undefiled bed. Don't think about the matter, commit everything to God and work towards you and your child joining her as soon as possible. Infact start the process now. I don't support husband and wife separating themselves geographically it gives rooms for temptations. Marriage is about two people living together. Japa for married people should be for the family not individual. It is well. Keep a positive mind and all will be well.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by IamMobisola(f): 11:49am On Nov 18, 2022
teamc:

Should I be worried?
If you never mistreated her or lay your hands on her before, if you have never cheated on her before, if you saw and treated her as your partner in your marriage and not a slave like 90% of African men do, then be rest assured everything will be fine.
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by Charly500(m): 11:51am On Nov 18, 2022
franchasng:

Unfortunately, thats not the case anymore especially in a country like nigeria where the system is designed to frustrate you every day, we still have hardworking men in nigeria who know the importance of also having supportive wives, as this enables marriages and families to thrive in this our harsh ecomony.

For me, i dont think there should be a particular formula in sharing expenses, but I certainly have a supportive wife and we understand each other and that matters alot.

A wife that tells you that she wants to actually work and earn money to support her man shouldnt not be discouraged, because nothing is certain in this country of ours, a man can lose his job and the wife sustains the home while he searches for a new one.
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by gulfer: 11:51am On Nov 18, 2022
Mexzy88:
Dm
sent you a nairaland email already. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Woman Hijacks Commercial Bus From Lagos Driver (Video, Photo) / First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) / Which Country Will You Not Go To Even If Given Residence Permit?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.