Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,436 members, 7,861,213 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:18 AM

My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady (35129 Views)

My Girlfriend Told Me She Is Not In Good Health And Wouldn't Want Me To Suffer / My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me / My Parents Don't Know I'm Rich (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by LordErrk: 9:34pm On Nov 20, 2022
franchasng:
I feel your pain and kind of agree with your points.

Some girls, especially between the age range of 17 to 24yrs like to reinvent love by doing nonsense love based on things they watch on movie thinking makebelieve is the same with real life.

Parents should always watch their female kids closely from age 16 to 24yrs, that is when they believe nonsense Romeo and Juliet story which they always try to replay and most times end up ruining their life completely angry

Two bottles of kunu and gulder for you. You're a wise man.
A lot of these girls that watch all these rubbish like Korean movies think when they fall in love with janitor wey dey clean toilet, the guy will now out of nowhere become the CEO of one big tech company

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by 2blessed01(m): 9:34pm On Nov 20, 2022
BABANGBALI:
Is mechanic not a human bean?
He's a human BEING biko grin grin grin
Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by CSTRR: 9:35pm On Nov 20, 2022
Yoruba girls sabi get belle.

Any small play, belle don show.
Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by RPG2020(m): 9:35pm On Nov 20, 2022
Tell them say na plane mechanic � say he dey follow the plane travel everywhere Incase of breakdown grin

3 Likes

Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by johhnnie(m): 9:36pm On Nov 20, 2022
jaybenugo:

https://m./2443977612304623/permalink/5653668904668795/

That misplaced love that is making u to be high now, will fade away when realities sets in.

Love is not enough.

I like how a reader I will quote after this narrated it.
Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by johhnnie(m): 9:36pm On Nov 20, 2022
Nonexisting1:
I don't blame them. After working very hard to get to a certain level in life, stupid children like to always drag their parents back to the mud because of nonsense love. The moment my children begin loving certain people in life, I will downgrade their lives to meet that standards. You can't be driving Lexus to go and visit your boyfriend that rides okada. It's better you ride okada to his house instead. Some children are from hell. Some people are of the opinion that you leave the children to be who they want to be but I'm of the opinion that they can be who they want to be in their own domain, not under my roof and definitely not bearing my surname.

Best submission ever.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by CSTRR: 9:37pm On Nov 20, 2022
LordErrk:

Two bottles of kunu and gulder for you. You're a wise man.
A lot of these girls that watch all these rubbish like Korean movies think when they fall in love with janitor wey dey clean toilet, the guy will now out of nowhere become the CEO of one big tech company
There is dignity in labor.
He is a mechanic, and has an income.

By all laws of the universe, such a man deserves a wife.

Let us stop encouraging gold digging.

How many men get the "gold" for this country in this poor economy?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by FreeIgboho: 9:37pm On Nov 20, 2022
Nonexisting1:
I don't blame them. After working very hard to get to a certain level in life, stupid children like to always drag their parents back to the mud because of nonsense love. The moment my children begin loving certain people in life, I will downgrade their lives to meet that standards. You can't be driving Lexus to go and visit your boyfriend that rides okada. It's better you ride okada to his house instead. Some children are from hell. Some people are of the opinion that you leave the children to be who they want to be but I'm of the opinion that they can be who they want to be in their own domain, not under my roof and definitely not bearing my surname.

This is actually very mature post indeed. Realistic and true to life

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by AreaFada2: 9:38pm On Nov 20, 2022
PheelzAlmighty:
Wetin concern them

A lot. Lots of kids make choices that later saddle their parents with huge burdens.

You can't blame parents for having bigger dreams for their children.

If truly the mechanic can cater for her and her kid adequately let her call their bluff.

But ensure never to go to back to her parents for financial support. Her parents will eventually come round to accept it if they succeed. Simple.

2 Likes

Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by Dirtyyansh: 9:38pm On Nov 20, 2022
If only you know how much these auto- mechanics make, your parents will rescind that decision.

A friend of mine studied Mech Engr at Yabatech, and learnt his trade working as an apprentice for 3years immediately after university, 5years from that time, he has two properties at ikorodu & his hometown, while getting professional certificates left, right & centre.
What he makes monthly from filling Car AC gas is enough to cater for an executive trainee salary that most of our mates are after 5years in banking.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by chriselderson(m): 9:39pm On Nov 20, 2022
They should've been all knowing like God to know why u fooled around with him in d first place to d point of conceiving.
Hanti, at least he's a mechanic and not pretending or hiding his trade. Dat guy has dignity for his hustle and a rare trait as integrity, besides no condition dey permanent. Rich husband sef no guarantee peace of mind o.

Rememba wen e no com work as dem want mek e work for u, na u alone go dey go fasting for husband no be dem.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by Originalsly: 9:39pm On Nov 20, 2022
Nonexisting1:

So no problem with you if your daughter .... driving a Lexus ... is going with a guy who drives a Benz. It is all about matching status..... character is not as important. And we blame the young girls for going with Yahoo boys .

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by weslay: 9:40pm On Nov 20, 2022
Iliveforever:
What do you want us to tell you??

Oya run away from your family.

You must be very stupid, after they suffered for you, you now paid them back with an unwanted pregnancy and still have the guts to talk about marrying a mechanic?

You deserve hardship and poverty

Don't blame her. She has been dickmatized
Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by FreeIgboho: 9:41pm On Nov 20, 2022
CSTRR:

There is dignity in labor.
He is a mechanic, and has an income.

By all laws of the universe, such a man deserves a wife.

Let us stop encouraging gold digging.

How many men get the "gold" for this country in this poor economy?

There is also dignity in marrying at your level. Who’d marry all the maids and servants and female counterparts of the mechanic??

1 Like

Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by gadgetarena: 9:42pm On Nov 20, 2022
Born another one make them eye clear... thats the only solution.
Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by Yoighaman(m): 9:42pm On Nov 20, 2022
Mechanics, Plumbers, Electricians etc are skilled jobs. You won't appreciate him until you guys relocate abroad. Na Nigeria we dey downgrade them. Let him continue with his mechanic job, but try to do a part-time degree program, once he's done, he would be well-rounded, that is when she would be really proud of him. Problem is if he doesn't want to go to school at all, not that he won't do fine in life if he doesn't go, but going to school gives him limited opportunities.

Best wishes.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by MideMrPossible: 9:42pm On Nov 20, 2022
Hmmm
Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by Aba1988(m): 9:42pm On Nov 20, 2022
Bros be calming down oh... wink
Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by eddie7: 9:43pm On Nov 20, 2022
Before commenting on this poster, I need to know what kind of mechanic that we're talking about here ..... Aeroplane Mechanic or Motorcycle Mechanic?
Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by Allisgud: 9:44pm On Nov 20, 2022
I thought they say handwork is the best,why are they now rejecting someone with it,or is it because he is a roadside mecho

1 Like

Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by FreeIgboho: 9:44pm On Nov 20, 2022
Originalsly:

So no problem with you if your daughter .... driving a Lexus ... is going with a guy who drives a Benz. It is all about matching status..... character is not as important. And we blame the young girls for going with Yahoo boys .

The guy has a point. Things have to balance. If there’s something off about the girl or she’s already “old”, then ok. That balances it
Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by Sleekfingers: 9:45pm On Nov 20, 2022
jaybenugo:

https://m./2443977612304623/permalink/5653668904668795/

She is 23years for heaven sake. Making her an adult.
Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by FreeIgboho: 9:46pm On Nov 20, 2022
eddie7:
Before commenting on this poster, I need to know what kind of mechanic that we're talking about here ..... Aeroplane Mechanic or Motorcycle Mechanic?

Wise guy grin. In Naija we don’t call those mechanic; we call them engineer
Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by FreeIgboho: 9:48pm On Nov 20, 2022
Allisgud:
I thought they say handwork is the best,why are they now rejecting someone with it,or is it because he is a roadside mecho

Handwork is beautiful but you should also marry your female counterpart. Or who would marry them??
Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by olaniyilukman(m): 9:48pm On Nov 20, 2022
Nonexisting1:
You are the most stupid man on Earth, how much exactly do you have that you think you have it all in your palm... Stupid thinking and slaves of money

4 Likes

Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by mamawa123: 9:50pm On Nov 20, 2022
I don’t know people still look down on those who are doing mechanic job.

I rather stay with the mechanic man who I love than a graduate who is struggling to take home 60k at the end of the month

1 Like

Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by Pymetrics: 9:52pm On Nov 20, 2022
Nonexisting1:
But if it's Mechanic from USA or Canada, that is not a dragging back right?
God is my testimony, I'm currently living in a house owned by Mechanic. Just forget, Baba na rich man with many landed properties in Lagos. Being a mechanic or any Artisan should not prevent you from loving whoever you want as long as love comes from both side.

4 Likes

Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by BarrElChapo(m): 9:52pm On Nov 20, 2022
Under the Matrimonial Cause Act, only your consent is needed.
Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by Nobody: 9:54pm On Nov 20, 2022
Fake story, this one is just looking for engagement on her page grin.
Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by chris51(f): 9:55pm On Nov 20, 2022
I sympathize with you. If the man is good and the family is willing to have you as a daughter in law, don't mind your parents.

All you need do is get pregnant for the same man again, your parents will get tired and will send you to meet the man.

What is wrong with a mechanic? It's an honourable profession. All you need is complement your man and you will both succeed.

It's a pity your parents are greedy. Please don't let them turn you to baby Mama. Which sincere man will marry you with another man's child?
Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by chris51(f): 9:55pm On Nov 20, 2022
chris51:
I sympathize with you. If the man is good and the family is willing to have you as a daughter in law, don't mind your parents.

All you need do is get pregnant for the same man again, your parents will get tired and will send you to meet the man.

What is wrong with a mechanic? It's an honourable profession. All you need is complement your man and you will both succeed.

It's a pity your parents are greedy. Please don't let them turn you to baby Mama. Which sincere man will marry you with another man's child?
Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by xandy84: 9:55pm On Nov 20, 2022
You're very wrong on your assumptions. skills sell everywhere except Nigeria. I am a mechanic ans made over $100k yearly. I have a master's degree and don't even care to use it cos average secondary teacher in America make less than $50k yearly. I even quit my job as a college professor to go into truck repair fully. The reality is Nigeria should encourage people with skills to travel out of the country and not people with paper certificates that has little or no values. A mechanic in Nigeria will relocate to US and make $30hr while a master's degree will end up in group home whipping people's behind with $15hr wages.

Nonexisting1:

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

“Homosexuality Is A SIN” Young Lady Speaks Of Her Deliverance / I Want To Break Up With My Fiancee But I Don't Know How To Do It / My Experience With A Lesbian On 28th September 2016.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.