Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

Farouk AbdulMutallab Wants To Be Tried Under Sharia - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Farouk AbdulMutallab Wants To Be Tried Under Sharia (5155 Views)

Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" / Osama Bin Laden Is Alive - Abdulmutallab / Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab: This Is His Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Farouk AbdulMutallab Wants To Be Tried Under Sharia by Egobetter1: 3:14am On Aug 28, 2011
Maybe one of the prominent Judge or whoever is heading the
Sharia has already taken bribe from his father to plead
for his innocence. They should try him there and give him
a life sentence, Bastard
Re: Farouk AbdulMutallab Wants To Be Tried Under Sharia by rhymz(m): 3:22am On Aug 28, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

<quote>

What kind of smart kid allows himself to be used like they used him, if he had any iota of smarts, he prolly would ve told his handlers to atleast make available one of their own childrien for the operation or better still, they join him as well.

</quote>

Rhymz,

We discussed his rationale for participation months ago.

On this topic we are looking at a new development. Talk to the update on his status.
Your comparisons and assumptions are rather appalling, it does not matter how much of a genius you try to make of this kid, the point is, he is dumb and slow to have been caught doing someone else's dirty work.
Mentally powerful people will not put themselves in such a position to achieve such aims anyway, they send M*or*ons like your darlin Mutallab while they stay behind the scene and watch aloof. Good or bad they take the praise at the end while they move on to the next M*oron to do the next dirty work. You can ask Osama Bin Laden for a manual on how to Bleep up unintelligent ppl's lives. . .oooops, I forgot, Niggas put a 44magnum to his head!
So what use is an application for a sharia trial in a holed up pent, the fact still remains, no matter how potentially evasive he might seem, he is still going to get a jail term that will put him away for a very long time, period. So either way he is bleeped!sk Osama Bin Laden for a manual on how to Bleep up unintelligent ppl's lives. . .oooops, I forgot, Niggas put a 44magnum to his head!
So what use is an application for a sharia trial in a holed up pent, the fact still remains, no matter how potentially evasive he might seem, he is still going to get a jail term that will put him away for a very long time, period. So either way he is bleeped!
Re: Farouk AbdulMutallab Wants To Be Tried Under Sharia by aljharem3: 3:26am On Aug 28, 2011
Gerrard59:

The chief terrorist is saying this is hw u pple start. Funi,vry 4ni. You actually meant 'this is hw we bomb churches,kill xtians,maim birom pple,slaughter innocent children e.t.c. TRUTH IS BITTER. BT HAS TO BE TOLD AND SAID. IT IS BETA TO BE AN ATHEIST THAN TO BE A MOSLEM. AT LEAST I WONT BE A MURDERER.

then u are one dumb poster

how many muslims have u seen ra.ping etc

then remain atheist then
Re: Farouk AbdulMutallab Wants To Be Tried Under Sharia by NegroNtns(m): 3:28am On Aug 28, 2011
Thirst4life,

I read your response and I have a question for you.

Do you know what approach defense lawyers use in America to win a criminal case for their clients?

Most people call it finding loopholes. The approach is to find a non-prohibitive clause from which to argue the foundation of the law and thereby create reasonable doubt, or perhaps cause enough attention that the law is changed.

The connection I made between Mutallab and the antelope inmate is valid and has comparison from the perspective of both inmates.

You don't need a release from prison to have legal victory. Its you against a system and if you loose the legal battle for release then win a political battle for change.

Again, I say Mutallab is brilliant.
Re: Farouk AbdulMutallab Wants To Be Tried Under Sharia by Nobody: 3:31am On Aug 28, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

Thirst4life,

I read your response and I have a question for you.

Do you know what approach defense lawyers use in America to win a criminal case for their clients?

Most people call it finding loopholes. The approach is to find a non-prohibitive clause from which to argue the foundation of the law and thereby create reasonable doubt, or perhaps cause enough attention that the law is changed.

The connection I made between Mutallab and the antelope inmate is valid and has comparison from the perspective of both inmates.

You don't need a release from prison to have legal victory. Its you against a system and if you loose the legal battle for release then win a political battle for change.

Again, I say Mutallab is brilliant.

Or his lawyers are brilliantly paid?
Re: Farouk AbdulMutallab Wants To Be Tried Under Sharia by NegroNtns(m): 3:49am On Aug 28, 2011
Rhymz,

Malcom X was a street criminal, an illiterate that couldn't read or write. While in prison he had access to the library books and with determination and resolve taught himself. His contact with Moslems in prison also had a great impact in finding his own internal capabilities. He became a voice in prison when he started reading and advising on legal defense tactics.

I know you or others will likely say its unrelated, but I need you guys to broaden your mind.

Mutallab knows he is either getting a life or death, so the outcome of his trial is predictive. He is not fighting that with this declaration. The dude is trying to force the courts into a corner. That's his bragging rights in prison and gives him credibility. If he can use a non-prohibitive angle to delay trial, amend law, or cause a mistrial, he has won politically, it doesn't matter if he is executed the next hour after the victory. He will die with a smile.

Psychologically, purpose can change and take on a new direction simply because the mind of man cannot be confined even though he is physically incarcerated - the mind continues to work and come up with ideas. He might have been stuupid for being a bomber and we might not agree with the ideas, but an objective assessment, void of bias input, will tell you this new development is a brilliant move.
Re: Farouk AbdulMutallab Wants To Be Tried Under Sharia by Nobody: 4:23am On Aug 28, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

Rhymz,

Malcom X was a street criminal, an illiterate that couldn't read or write. While in prison he had access to the library books and with determination and resolve taught himself. His contact with Moslems in prison also had a great impact in finding his own internal capabilities. He became a voice in prison when he started reading and advising on legal defense tactics.

I know you or others will likely say its unrelated, but I need you guys to broaden your mind.

Mutallab knows he is either getting a life or death, so the outcome of his trial is predictive. He is not fighting that with this declaration. The dude is trying to force the courts into a corner. That's his bragging rights in prison and gives him credibility. If he can use a non-prohibitive angle to delay trial, amend law, or cause a mistrial, he has won politically, it doesn't matter if he is executed the next hour after the victory. He will die with a smile.

Psychologically, purpose can change and take on a new direction simply because the mind of man cannot be confined even though he is physically incarcerated - the mind continues to work and come up with ideas. He might have been stuupid for being a bomber and we might not agree with the ideas, but an objective assessment, void of bias input, will tell you this new development is a brilliant move.

Funny how you are trying to relate intelligence and brilliance with incarceration+Islam,

You are trying to manipulate your comment while indirectly you are manipulating your own thought process.

You know what you did? You ultimately convinced your self that Islam+jail made Malcolm X brilliant,  I sorry for you! So Mutallab on lock has been doing a whole lot of thinking and readin and is now trying to get a political victory? What political victory really? To be the jesus of Sharia court in the US which is clear and firm about separation of state from religion? Or to force America to change the ways terrorists are tried?

you have a right to your religion but not in the court of law. If That kind of right is allowed in court, then people who chop off someone's hand for stealing (days after stealing) Will come to courts with Quran? Are you serious Negro? The more you try to indirectly read intelligence in direct and bright stoopidity, the dumber you make your self sound!!

He is going to be tried under US terrorism laws not Sharia. The could have been victims wouldn't have been Muslims but rather more Christians than Muslims so really Justice is not Sharia!! Don't try to read intelligence in obvious stupidity!!!
Re: Farouk AbdulMutallab Wants To Be Tried Under Sharia by NegroNtns(m): 4:39am On Aug 28, 2011
9ja,

You came close but by a point, the theme is philosophy generally; not Islam.

Blacks are in higher proportion in American prison system than any other race of people.

American govt respects Black American moslems far more than it does Black American christians. This is a fact!

Mutallab is reading books and he is finding new strength for political voice.

If he wins he will have a following, whether we like it or not. Malcom X was declared terrorist by FBI, so was MLK. KKK was not a terrorist!

Its no point arguing the point, you came close to the getting the point and that is sufficient. This is my last post on the topic.
Re: Farouk AbdulMutallab Wants To Be Tried Under Sharia by Nobody: 4:57am On Aug 28, 2011
S
Re: Farouk AbdulMutallab Wants To Be Tried Under Sharia by efisher(m): 6:11am On Aug 28, 2011
Abdulmutallab is dumber than a crab. How can someone say that slowpoke is intelligent!
Re: Farouk AbdulMutallab Wants To Be Tried Under Sharia by premechaz: 6:19am On Aug 28, 2011
efisher:

Abdulmutallab is dumber than a crab. How can someone say that slowpoke is intelligent!

He is more intelligent that you and your whole family.

When was the last time any one in your family graduated from a school as reputed as UCL?
Re: Farouk AbdulMutallab Wants To Be Tried Under Sharia by efisher(m): 6:24am On Aug 28, 2011
@premechaz, that makes it 2 of you then. I never knew there could be more Nigerians like that hermit! You should get on a plane heading to Saudi Arabia strapped with explosive chemicals. Damn! No amount of education can turn a crab into a human.
Re: Farouk AbdulMutallab Wants To Be Tried Under Sharia by Gerrard59(m): 9:21am On Aug 28, 2011
[q
Re: Farouk AbdulMutallab Wants To Be Tried Under Sharia by VoodooDoll(m): 10:16am On Aug 28, 2011
Separation of Church/Religion and State,

Criminal law is not civil law.

After all I could form my own religion (Nairalandology), proclaim myself prophet and commit crimes with impunity and claim you can only try me under Nairalandology which means instead of life in prison, you must force 15 Sports Illustrated models to marry me at the Federal Govt's expense.

Mr Underpants bomber is just trying to waste court time.
Re: Farouk AbdulMutallab Wants To Be Tried Under Sharia by rhymz(m): 1:12pm On Aug 28, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

Rhymz,

Guy, I am begining to think you are delusional to even make such a dumb and unrelated comparison.
Did you say Malcom X was illiterate and could not read and write as at the tine he was in prison? Seriously, your arguments are just indulgent and lack any serious substance. Malcom was very bright in class, infact, he angrily dropped out of school after he was told by his teacher that his dreams of being a lawyer was unrealisdtic for a Nigger, and you claim he could not read and right? So how was he able to read books while he was in prison? Dude your arguments are at best, indulgent and nothing more.
Besides, I am yet to see anything intelligent about a kid that was hopelessly impressionable, graduated with a 2.2(inspite of all the luxury afforded him) and on his on volition choose to make the news for the wrong reasons.
I am yet to see how a demand to be tried by a sharia court can cause some political tsunami that will bring good ending to him or his deluded cause. Stop sounding as twisted and confused like the kid, merely, reading his facebook postings you will understand how twisted and deeply bleeped up his religion got him. Those are not postings that exhude intelligence, rather they show deeprooted confusion, inability to moderate his views and beliefs and somebody trying to fight his inner demons.
Re: Farouk AbdulMutallab Wants To Be Tried Under Sharia by begwong: 11:02pm On Aug 28, 2011
Dear pant baby bomber,u deserved death by firing sqwad ass-whole!
Re: Farouk AbdulMutallab Wants To Be Tried Under Sharia by begwong: 11:09pm On Aug 28, 2011
a.s.shole bomber!
Re: Farouk AbdulMutallab Wants To Be Tried Under Sharia by seyibrown(f): 11:25pm On Aug 28, 2011
@ Negro_Ntns

In the US, do citizens have the option to choose to be tried under Sharia Law (or whatever other law) rather than Federal law when they commit acts of terrorism?
Re: Farouk AbdulMutallab Wants To Be Tried Under Sharia by NegroNtns(m): 12:56am On Aug 29, 2011
Seyi,

No,they do not. However, there is no prohibition either. So an inmate is free to request whatever; doesn't mean he/she gets the demand met but it grabs attention into an area of jurisdiction that is vulnerable under the civil rights act of 1964.

The Republicans foresaw this possibility and hence cautioned against trying any terror case under the criminal legal system; they wanted a military tribunal.
In a military tribunal, Mutallab can request whatever he wants but he will never get a representation on it. He is being held under a Federal court, which he means he has rights to due process of law and hence he can get a lawyer to argue his request for Sharia trial.

Will he win, depends on how the courts interprete and rule on the law and the broad powers of the civil rights act against constitutional articles of individual access and how broadly or narrowly it is argued.

I want to say plenty of same people that now see this new development as crazy are the same ones that spewed idiocratic nonsense against Republicans for opposing Obama on the repeal of Bush's military tribunal policy. This is why I accuse them of short term memory.
Re: Farouk AbdulMutallab Wants To Be Tried Under Sharia by igboboy1(m): 2:13am On Aug 29, 2011
alj_harem:

dude stop the rubbish u keep posting

I know u are anti-Muslim and it is alright but stop this rubbish post ok!

this is how u people start

confused ewu,
Tell ur people to stop being terrorist then they would be no need for me to write nonsense about them, Ironically i never see you in the forefront of things when it comes to dejecting such actions, If only my words are hurting you then imagine how you and your people's actions (not just words) are killing people the world over from china to russia to america to spain to nigeria to israel to syria , ah ah sef

onye ara confront your peoples madness
Re: Farouk AbdulMutallab Wants To Be Tried Under Sharia by Gbenge77(m): 10:05am On Aug 29, 2011
He is a disgrace to his family.
Re: Farouk AbdulMutallab Wants To Be Tried Under Sharia by rhymz(m): 6:46am On Aug 30, 2011
The nitwit thinks he is intelligent and capable of representing himself.
Sacking his legal team even compounded his already very bad situations. The reports he has filed so far only exposes his naivete, he is all macho-gusto and no substance. His request to be tried in a sharia court is at best diversionary and stupid, it has zero chance of succeeding, it is recognized by international law that one is judged by the laws of the nation where the crime took place.
So if he cared too much about being judged by sharia law, common sense demands that he should have committed his crime in an islamic country, there he will get all the sharia he wants. He is even lucky he is not being tried by a military court, a mistake made by the obama government, he wont be pandering and giving silly orders. The goon forgot when he was in the throes of his extremist religuos passion, mouthing off how he had wanted to take down the plane, his connections with al qaeda and so on. Now he is begining to make funny request, knowing how incriminating his initial statements were. That kid can burn in hell for all I care. Good riddance mehn!
Re: Farouk AbdulMutallab Wants To Be Tried Under Sharia by LoveKing(m): 7:18am On Aug 30, 2011
@Negro_N

You are on point.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senate Summons Diezani Alison-Madueke Over Abandoned ₦20B Building Projects / Taraba Gov Submits List Of Commissioners To Assembly / Live Photos From Indigenous People Of Biafra Members Protest In Owerri.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.