Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,834 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds (50466 Views)

Reps Reject Yakubu Abdullahi's Motion To Declare Bauchi Oil-Producing State / Osinbajo Visits Ebonyi State, Received By Governor Umahi (Photos) / Akpabio, Wike And Other Oil-Producing State Governors Meet Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Ugaboy: 3:58pm On Dec 02, 2022
EdiskyHarry:
The worst part of it is Akwa ibom State.
You will wonder why you see thousands of Akwa ibomites flooding places like Lagos, Abuja, port Harcourt, delta, bayelsa etc.
It's because life is very difficult in Akwa ibom,
We only have governors who only build worship centers, stadiums, 10 lanes, 24 story building and other unnecessary things that will not benefit the people.
Akwa ibom is not what most of you believe it is. As graduates, youths and everyone, we are suffering here. Workers are not paid, no gratuity ,no pension etc. Only those that enjoy the states are the idiots who are collects 20 thousand every week to sing praises for the government.
Udom Emmanuel is a total failure and a big disaster to Akwa ibom, every reasonable Akwa ibomites know this

Akwa ibom Gov lack human development, oil reach state...yet the masses are poor and suffering.

You are not far from the truth, there are lots of social development here...that is useless and the mass cant even affords to use it.

What is essence of expanding road, installing TV media ads at water fountain and plaza to glorify their gov.

There are lots of careless projects I see they do...but fail to developed the poor masses.

Some student can't afford to eat or pay school fees, transportation and food increases.

Some are planting big building churches go have more gullible members attend, and parlours to shop churches.

Yet, they are bring another imposter pastor.

4 Likes

Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Bluntemperor: 3:58pm On Dec 02, 2022
Money Rein:
Just imagine o!
They all kept quiet until Govnr Wike came out calling!
Una see most of these governors as Emperors, emptying the State Resources at will,yet remained mute . They lack transparency and accountability,yet Nigerians at their Locals are not ready to ask basic questions on what they should do with these homongus money President Buhari graciously released to them!
This money dates back to 2011,yet basic --amenities- like good roads,
- Hospital Facilities
- Easy Transportation-includind inner Roads!
- Educational Facilities- including Scholarship for the Masses .
- Affordable Housing for the suffering Masses.
-Employment for our teeming Youths- should be provided!
Rather,than thank Buhari for hastened and assisting that they got these Money,they come up with their Entitlement-Mentality because they don't want their People to know that they now have supplus Fund in their kitty!
Why are we like this in this Country?

1 Like

Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by flexyrule(m): 4:00pm On Dec 02, 2022
EdiskyHarry:
You will wonder why you see thousands of Akwa ibomites flooding places like Lagos, Abuja, port Harcourt, delta, bayelsa etc.
We only have governors who only build worship centers, stadiums, 10 lanes, 24 story building and other unnecessary things that will not benefit the people.
Akwa ibom is not what most of you believe it is. As graduates, youths and everyone, we are suffering here. Workers are not paid, no gratuity ,no pension etc. Only those that enjoy the states are the idiots who collects 20 thousand every week to sing praises to the government.
Udom Emmanuel is a total failure and a big disaster to Akwa ibom, every reasonable Akwa ibomites know this
Udom is a fraud. Big time fraud. And Akwa Ibomites and damn too gullible.

3 Likes

Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by teepain: 4:03pm On Dec 02, 2022
Brendaniel:

You are speaking through the prism of corruption, we need good leaders in every aspect of governance, that is why we need to vote in right leaders into office.

If Buhari was leading by example, this governors would have been exposed a long time ago

I would like to believe that if Buhari didn't lead by example, some other presidents in the past must have led by example. So, the question is why haven't the governors been exposed!
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Okpokpo09: 4:05pm On Dec 02, 2022
Abia state is in oven, nothing to show. I wonder what Putin is waiting to hit that Nuke so that all of us will perish at once
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Duru009(m): 4:06pm On Dec 02, 2022
Nyesome Wike MUST be commended ...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Duru009(m): 4:06pm On Dec 02, 2022
Nyesome Wike MUST be commended ...

1 Like

Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Kindledlight(m): 4:07pm On Dec 02, 2022
This is one of the problems I have with this Buhari government, and I have always said it.

Doing give aways every now and then, if it’s not Paris refund, it’s bail out fund and this one again, if not for wike we shouldn’t have known that these scavengers that parade themselves as governors have collected that humongous amount of money form the man their followers accuse and insult everyday especially on Nairaland.

Have kuku stop defending the government because it’s the victim of its own self.

Imagine o, oil derivatives since 1999, maka why? Money that should have been pumped into the economy to curb inflations etc of which the oppositions are using to campaign against them.

No wonder they said Buhari government is the worst in the history of Nigeria, this is a typical example.

6 Likes

Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by sonature1: 4:09pm On Dec 02, 2022
Jergobright1025:
Which dirty oil can you find in Ondo, IMO and Abia?? Nonsense

You go just kill yourself.

Those states have crude oil.

Imo State has huge gas reserves.
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by MrPRevailer(m): 4:10pm On Dec 02, 2022
gulfer:
share the link please

Youtube (owned by Google) is highly censored. They even delete or shadow ban your comments. You can't even post the word "rumble" without being deleted or shadow banned. That's how bad it is.

Follow on rumble
The people's voice
Stew peters network

https://rumble.com/v1oafb6-why-the-globalist-elite-had-to-destroy-the-georgia-guidestones-in-2022.html

https://rumble.com/v1yc9ye-it-was-pre-meditated-depopulation-mrna-jab-designed-to-kill-blood-clots-dev.html

https://blogs.mercola.com/sites/vitalvotes/archive/2022/11/29/_1820_a-massive-decline-in-births_1920_-is-being-ignored-by-health-officials.aspx (subscribe)

See my thread about the movie documentary "Died Suddenly".
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by wolebest: 4:10pm On Dec 02, 2022
fergie001:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NO1selCiGM

Muhammadu Buhari

These governors will receive billions in oil revenue and nothing to show for it in their respective states.

I pity their citizens who will never ask their governors to account for oil revenue these states got. They will all run to Lagos and be

asking Ashiwaju Bola Tinubu to come and account for infrastructures in Lagos.

Lagos knows better, we don't have oil money, but we have it better.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Eriokanmi: 4:12pm On Dec 02, 2022
Aufbauh:
I'd think is even better & more comfortable to be a governor in Nigeria than be the president.

Why all attention of the common masses are normally fixed on the man in abuja, their immediate CEO of the state fleece their money without challenge or scrutiny.
That's the reason local governments mist be given an autonomy so the development can get to the poor masses....the grassroots.

We went to Delta State University Teaching Hospital, their ICU is a death trap yet, the man with a mouth like that of a carmel is busy gallivanting everywhere. A lot of people had died inside the ICU due to lack of ventilators...those who cast their votes for him only for him to steal what should be used to develop their Hospitals. This is the man who wants to be VP. Smh!
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Brendaniel: 4:13pm On Dec 02, 2022
teepain:

I would like to believe that if Buhari didn't lead by example, some other presidents in the past must have led by example. So, the question is why haven't the governors been exposed!

Because accountability under this Buhari's administration is at its lowest in the history of Nigeria, out of trying to gain control of the entire system to be controlled by a few they monopolized the sharing of authority that would have helped to checkmate each other, the national assembly is too controlled by the executive, same with the judiciary, since most of the governors are with ruling the party and few oppositions who already know the dirty secrets of the central government, it now became a game of steal your own I steal my own, we should not disturb each other the only reason we are even hearing this now is because we are in election period, tenures are rounding up, they need to fight dirty to either retain their seats or kick some people out.

1 Like

Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by wiseone28: 4:13pm On Dec 02, 2022
Udom still say no money to pay pensioners

Pension and Gratuity.

Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Yves4real(f): 4:14pm On Dec 02, 2022
See money. Donating Obaseki to the semi-visible powers of Benin Empire. grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by azikiweironsi(m): 4:18pm On Dec 02, 2022
In my own opinion I think Buhari's media team has not really done well. But only involved in going after opposition, propaganda and all....
Why has it take Buhari this long to cry out whereas he has been persecuted for problems he knows nothing about.
Buhari self too slow and dull for my liking.
Hian!!! What kind of leader is this for crying out loud. ?

5 Likes

Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by wiseone28: 4:19pm On Dec 02, 2022
EdiskyHarry:
Akwa ibom is not what most of you believe it is. As graduates, youths and everyone, we are suffering here. Workers are not paid, no gratuity ,no pension, no job etc. Only those that enjoy the states are the idiots who collects 20 thousand every week to sing praises to the government.
Thank God you follow see am.

2 Likes

Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by IGBOSON1: 4:21pm On Dec 02, 2022
onuman:
See the Token given to Abia and Imo states by a federal government led by a most PUNITIVE & VINDICTIVE man.

I saw the pathetic amounts they got in relation to other oil producing states and just shook my head in wonder! As someone pointed out earlier….Imo received that pathetic amount even with their abundance of gas!? I once asked: like we see the derivation payments made to oil producing states, can anyone tell me, in naira and kobo terms, just how much is coming into Imo state government coffers as a result of all the valuable gas being sucked out of the state? I’m yet to get a definitive reply on this!

You have to admit, these people working to undermine Igbo interests really did their homework on this one! Their scheming has left the two major south-east oil producing states with next to nothing! If not for Obianos’ persistence and dogged fighting, the little that Anambra is now receiving (that the federal gov’t was crediting to Delta state), they wouldn’t have been receiving it!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by pquaver(m): 4:22pm On Dec 02, 2022
Brendaniel:

You are speaking through the prism of corruption, we need good leaders in every aspect of governance, that is why we need to vote in right leaders into office.

If Buhari was leading by example, this governors would have been exposed a long time ago

Shut up joor. Which example again. he gave the states their money why didnt the States give local government their money and copy his example. Even your obi denied local government.. You just have to look for away to put the blame on Buhari. Hate will kill you.. May you good deeds be denied the way u deny Buhari own

3 Likes

Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Superwave16320: 4:25pm On Dec 02, 2022
But it is Tinubu you all are blaming for your woos.

EdiskyHarry:
Akwa ibom is not what most of you believe it is. As graduates, youths and everyone, we are suffering here. Workers are not paid, no gratuity ,no pension, no job etc. Only those that enjoy the states are the idiots who collects 20 thousand every week to sing praises to the government.
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Coronavirus1: 4:26pm On Dec 02, 2022
We need to hold our governors responsible for things that is happening only wike is a good man hate him or leave it delta Edo ondo they are the worst even Imo too let us rise and hold our governors for Accountability. This publication is very necessary the governors feed fat on our local government money too

2 Likes

Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Spicycat(f): 4:29pm On Dec 02, 2022
immortalcrown:
Seen. The money is gone.

EFCC is nothing but a political tool. EFCC won't notice the money unless the governors go against the presidency.

It's the presidency that approved the money.

1 Like

Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by kansoboy: 4:31pm On Dec 02, 2022
Topmaike007:
why using Ezza wetin we Ebonyians do una for this Nigeria

Lol...Bros no vex oo, I was being factual...I have met many eEbonyi state indigens that even denied being called Eza person sef
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by TheDictatorNd: 4:32pm On Dec 02, 2022
Chai the problem of nigeria is from top to bottom, from the president at the top to L.G.A chairmen even to the village chiefs corruption has really destroyed Nigeria, some one voted into public office cannot be held accountable for his misdeeds chai i weep for nigeria
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by gulfer: 4:33pm On Dec 02, 2022
MrPRevailer:

Youtube (owned by Google) is highly censored. They even delete or shadow ban your comments. You can't even post the word "rumble" without being deleted or shadow banned. That's how bad it is.

Follow on rumble
The people's voice
Stew peters network

https://rumble.com/v1oafb6-why-the-globalist-elite-had-to-destroy-the-georgia-guidestones-in-2022.html

https://rumble.com/v1yc9ye-it-was-pre-meditated-depopulation-mrna-jab-designed-to-kill-blood-clots-dev.html

https://blogs.mercola.com/sites/vitalvotes/archive/2022/11/29/_1820_a-massive-decline-in-births_1920_-is-being-ignored-by-health-officials.aspx (subscribe)

See my thread about the movie documentary "Died Suddenly".
Merci beaucoup cool cool
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by AsawanaDgreat: 4:34pm On Dec 02, 2022
Kudos to president Bubu
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by tollyboy5(m): 4:35pm On Dec 02, 2022
Topmaike007:
with wetin I don read now I can bodly beat my chest and tell you that Buhari is not the problem of this nation
Asin! If we put more energy to criticize the governors I think life will be better for us all

4 Likes

Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Brendaniel: 4:36pm On Dec 02, 2022
pquaver:

Shut up joor. Which example again he gave the states their money why did they States give local government and copy his example. Even your obi denied local government.. You just have to look for away to put tge blame on Buhari. Hate will kill you.. May you good deeds be denied the way to deny Buhari own

Sorry nothing bad will happen to me in Jesus Name Amen, I only aired my opinion, you can air yours too without trying to swear...

1 Like

Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by oluwaseyi0: 4:37pm On Dec 02, 2022
Aiel123:

So you mean a president is powerless among governors?
My own is that delta state recieved 110b and that foolish Tilije , commissioner of finance says it was 14.7b.
At this point,Agba was 100% correct, even Buhari who is assumed and sold by the press a failure was right concerning our governors.

Actually in a democracy the president is powerless against the governor

Remember the governor has immunity so they can't be arrested or persecuted, most governor also have their house assembly in their pocket which is only the body that can stand against them

The governor are practically mini god with no one to account to, the EFCC chasing them after their tenure usually too late

2 Likes

Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by itsene: 4:41pm On Dec 02, 2022
tonididdy:
angry In Edo we don’t even see ourselves as an oil producing state

Nobody to ask questions
No effective state assembly
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Aiel123: 4:42pm On Dec 02, 2022
oluwaseyi0:

Actually in a democracy the president is powerless against the governor

Remember the governor has immunity so they can't be arrested or persecuted, most governor also have their house assembly in their pocket which is only the body that can stand against them

The governor are practically mini god with no one to account to, the EFCC chasing them after their tenure usually too late
Now I see.
Gracias for this

1 Like

Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by MansoryMX(m): 4:43pm On Dec 02, 2022
benja007:
Delta state has received over 1.2 Trillion naira from 2015 -2022 from FAAC ALONE yet Okowa has refused to clear gratuity and pension of 55 billion naira. Such an ev!l imbec!le
https://twitter.com/Sirodue1/status/1597218116094001152?t=SEo23isCYXXTQqthuy3c6g&s=19

Okowa is a tribalist governor even in his own State. He is a very selfish, greedy and corrupt governor. Despite all these money mentioned! The idiot still borrowed money

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bandits Are Our People, Vote Leaders Who Won’t Fight Them - Sheikh Gumi / Tinubu Speaks On 2023 Presidential Ambition, Tells APC Members What To Do / Return Home, Militants Advise South-east, South South Indigenes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.