Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,895 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:48 PM

Most Technicians In Kano Are From South; While Untrained Indigenes Beg - Sanusi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Most Technicians In Kano Are From South; While Untrained Indigenes Beg - Sanusi (50374 Views)

80 Out Of 100 People Tested In Kano Are COVID-19 Positive Says FG / Stay With Us Forever, Awe Residents Beg Sanusi II / Igbo In Kano Are Now Indigenes, Top Figures Shield Sunusi Investigation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Technicians In Kano Are From South; While Untrained Indigenes Beg - Sanusi by Youngadvocate(m): 7:55pm On Apr 12, 2017
The vociferous progressive muslim, Emir Of Kano and Former CBN Governor, Lamido Sanusi has yet again sought to speak meaning and reason into his conservative and seemingly intellectually disadvantaged northern brothers and sisters, charging them to learn from the commercially minded and productive Igbo people as well as other progressive southern tribes that have set the pace of development in the country and apparently left them (the north) behind.

He wrote on his Instagram page:

"I choose to fight for the progress of Nigerians and suggest solutions to their problems. It's my duty to speak the truth about the ill-effects of conservative Muslims who are harming Islam rather than helping it. I condemned their refusal to expand their knowledge outside their own religion and failure to realise that knowledge is power.

I also correctly concluded denying the right to pursue scientific and technological knowledge and restricting people to Islamic knowledge is the best means of ensuring that Muslims in Northern Nigeria will be remain economically backward. I'm upset at the legion of beggars on the streets and is trying to bridge the gap between the backward North and the Southern parts of the nation.

I still believe that conservative Muslims are still stuck in the 13th Century and their claim that children need no other knowledge than Islamic studies flies in the face of reality. All the poverty, under-development and immense suffering in the North are a result of uneducated masses refusing to learn work or a trade.

The majority of technicians in Kano are from the South while untrained indigenes beg. How does that make sense? Why is it that conservative Muslims who claim to be against scientific progress enter aeroplanes and fly to perform the Hajj in Mecca rather than using camels to cross the desert! Why do they watch sermons beamed by TV live from Mecca and read the Holy Quaran on their laptops yet profess to abhor modern technology? I'd like to point out that there is no harm in copying from the West if it brings succour to the masses of poverty stricken Muslims in Northern Nigeria.

After all Saudi Arabia, the "home" of Islam is known for its highly-rated airline, modern hospitals, indigenous oil industry and space program all of which make it a world leader. In our backward nation, we insist on denying the truth. Unless Northern political leaders like Governor Yari pay attention to me, there will never be a day when anywhere in the North will be like the modern Muslim cities of Kuala Lumpar, Istanbul, Jakarta, Lahore, Greater Cairo, Dacca, Karachi, Dubai, Riyadh or Faisalabad"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSvvLdXBl-s/?taken-by=sanusilamidosanusi

http://igbobia.com/?q=again-lamido-sanusi-tells-the-north-how-much-backward-they-are-suggests-they-learn-from-ndi-igbo

266 Likes 36 Shares

Re: Most Technicians In Kano Are From South; While Untrained Indigenes Beg - Sanusi by FavoredGuy: 8:10pm On Apr 12, 2017
Nice one coming from the Emir.

Truth sounds bitter but must be told. Any one who wishes to be progressive in life must be willing to accept the truth. This is a good thing/idea coming from an enlighten and highly-revered traditional figure. So maybe his opinion/suggestions will help liberate some people from bondage of ignorance and conservatism that hinders development/progress.

The Emir is very correct on this. I know Kano very well. I did my NYSC service there. So I can testify to all he said. It's time we Africans accepted positive change. We should not continue to live in the past. I wish all our traditional leaders emulate Sanusi on this and use their various offices to open way for positive changes amomgst their subjects.

May God save us from backwardness.

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Most Technicians In Kano Are From South; While Untrained Indigenes Beg - Sanusi by DrDeji20(m): 8:16pm On Apr 12, 2017
what is this fake news

3 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Most Technicians In Kano Are From South; While Untrained Indigenes Beg - Sanusi by Nobody: 8:39pm On Apr 12, 2017
Pardon my ignorance but my observations these past few weeks about sanusi,
Seem the man might want to contest for the post of the presidency in the nearest future hence all these he said this he said that.
But sincerely,he is been making salient points since he became outspoken

154 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Most Technicians In Kano Are From South; While Untrained Indigenes Beg - Sanusi by ephi123(f): 8:53pm On Apr 12, 2017
His people will soon come and abuse him here now. Truth is always a bitter pill to swallow.

189 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Most Technicians In Kano Are From South; While Untrained Indigenes Beg - Sanusi by veinless(f): 8:53pm On Apr 12, 2017
thoughtful

7 Likes

Re: Most Technicians In Kano Are From South; While Untrained Indigenes Beg - Sanusi by UAE123(m): 8:53pm On Apr 12, 2017
True talk from Emir Sanusi & i will like to see more traditional/religious leaders speak more about the growth & development of their areas more openly than keeping quiet.

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Most Technicians In Kano Are From South; While Untrained Indigenes Beg - Sanusi by BOBBYTRICK: 8:54pm On Apr 12, 2017
OK nah.. E sha no affect me

2 Likes

Re: Most Technicians In Kano Are From South; While Untrained Indigenes Beg - Sanusi by Alexis11: 8:54pm On Apr 12, 2017
Lol.... True.

But somebody should remind the OP of other major and minor tribes in the South.

Sanusi did not mention anyone in particular.

26 Likes

Re: Most Technicians In Kano Are From South; While Untrained Indigenes Beg - Sanusi by Nobody: 8:55pm On Apr 12, 2017
True royal blood. He never fears people from and outside his own tribe.

He single handedly fought against the national assembly and fished out the fish-eye woman called Allison Madueke Dieziani for the unremitted sum of $20Billion. But trust Nigerians, we hate honest people with a passion.

I look forward to the day when we'll have a man like Sanusi as President of Nigeria.

90 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Most Technicians In Kano Are From South; While Untrained Indigenes Beg - Sanusi by Nobody: 8:55pm On Apr 12, 2017
I respect this man greatly.....Always calls a spade a spade, and an ace what it is grin

He has balls. These are obvious truths. Others might be afraid to tell the truth e.g. Jibrin apologizing for calling for PMB to resign

But Lamido as Emir who can't seek a higher earthly position has nothing to lose, no political aspirations

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Most Technicians In Kano Are From South; While Untrained Indigenes Beg - Sanusi by Alexis11: 8:55pm On Apr 12, 2017
Okoyiboz1:
Nowhere did he mention Igbos.
For somebody like me that have studied the Igbos very well, I am not surprised that the OP immediately assumed Sanusi was talking about them as the only aim they have is to dominate the south. The hatred they have for the Yorubas is simply because they always put them in check so that they can not openly display their Igbo supremacy mentality.

I don't blame him though but the mod that put this on front page.

He forgot they are not talking about spare part sellers here.

100 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Most Technicians In Kano Are From South; While Untrained Indigenes Beg - Sanusi by aquadude15: 8:56pm On Apr 12, 2017
TRUE

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Technicians In Kano Are From South; While Untrained Indigenes Beg - Sanusi by chloride6: 8:56pm On Apr 12, 2017
Let pray this wave sweeps all over the whole north.

There seems to be a new crop of politicians who believe in enlightening and empowering their people.

Sanusi, Ganduje it was Balarabe the other day.

God bless the soul of the late yaradua (GCFR), he advocated and advocated. This people no gree.

The biggest hindrance to this evolution is the royalty in North.

This one is speaking out because he is already fulfilled as a person.

Those emirs would rather maintain the hold they weld on the people to their detriment.

Nigeria has to change.

God bless Nigeria.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Most Technicians In Kano Are From South; While Untrained Indigenes Beg - Sanusi by damola311: 8:56pm On Apr 12, 2017
Truth hurts.... All they know is to fucckk, marry many wives and give birth to Almajiris that will start roaming around and become less productive.

This man is talking some sense these days.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Most Technicians In Kano Are From South; While Untrained Indigenes Beg - Sanusi by pauljumbo: 8:57pm On Apr 12, 2017
truth

3 Likes

Re: Most Technicians In Kano Are From South; While Untrained Indigenes Beg - Sanusi by hucienda: 8:57pm On Apr 12, 2017
Truth hurts.

The fact whether anyone likes it or not.

Only he knows why he's finally voicing out the fact tho of late. FFK, you've found a kindred spirit.

While countries like the UAE, Qatar and the likes are practicing 21st century Islam, Northern Nigeria is stuck with Mohammed in the 7th century.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Most Technicians In Kano Are From South; While Untrained Indigenes Beg - Sanusi by strangest(m): 8:57pm On Apr 12, 2017
True

2 Likes

Re: Most Technicians In Kano Are From South; While Untrained Indigenes Beg - Sanusi by SuperS1Panther: 8:57pm On Apr 12, 2017
SLS is speaking sense into those backward 13th century elements in the North.

Where on earth in that speech did SLS mentioned the name of deluded Ugandan Developers?

This deceptive people and their affinity for twisting news is legendary.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Most Technicians In Kano Are From South; While Untrained Indigenes Beg - Sanusi by itiswellandwell: 8:57pm On Apr 12, 2017
This is the bitter truth

3 Likes

Re: Most Technicians In Kano Are From South; While Untrained Indigenes Beg - Sanusi by Nnemuka(f): 8:57pm On Apr 12, 2017
They are tired of the underdevelopment and poverty. Alhaji sanusi what have you done to improve Almajiri system and eradicate extreme hunger in the north?
It shouldnt just start and end on Instagram....
How many Almajiri's have you sponsored to learn a skill or acquire education?
Are you just waking up from your slumber?
something tells me that your rant may be that you are seeking for a political office.

Bunch of confused northern elders....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Technicians In Kano Are From South; While Untrained Indigenes Beg - Sanusi by Captain1Nigeria(m): 8:57pm On Apr 12, 2017
truth#

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Technicians In Kano Are From South; While Untrained Indigenes Beg - Sanusi by Ifyjuli25(f): 8:58pm On Apr 12, 2017
Man of the people

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Technicians In Kano Are From South; While Untrained Indigenes Beg - Sanusi by ajebuter(f): 8:58pm On Apr 12, 2017
Why is this man suddenly voicing out the ills in his society?

Probably nursing a political ambition or subtly campaigning for someone..

But then it is too late ..his people will remain backward without education and weaning themselves from religious bigotry and extremism..

kolewerk..

10 Likes

Re: Most Technicians In Kano Are From South; While Untrained Indigenes Beg - Sanusi by Pavore9: 8:58pm On Apr 12, 2017
"Why is it that conservative Muslims who claim to be against scientific progress enter aeroplanes and fly to perform the Hajj in Mecca rather than using camels to cross the desert! Why do they watch sermons beamed by TV live from Mecca and read the Holy Quaran on their laptops yet profess to abhor modern technology?".....Hypocrisy at its peak!

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Technicians In Kano Are From South; While Untrained Indigenes Beg - Sanusi by oadewale(m): 8:58pm On Apr 12, 2017
The man is tired of his aboki (backward) people...

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Most Technicians In Kano Are From South; While Untrained Indigenes Beg - Sanusi by kings09(m): 8:59pm On Apr 12, 2017
He many northerners de instagram

5 Likes

Re: Most Technicians In Kano Are From South; While Untrained Indigenes Beg - Sanusi by seniorgozman(m): 8:59pm On Apr 12, 2017
Waiting for comments

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Most Technicians In Kano Are From South; While Untrained Indigenes Beg - Sanusi by Ugobest007: 8:59pm On Apr 12, 2017
I can see a man building his way to contest for election soon...

I don't kw weda u dey see weten I dey see.

Team
NAIRAOMM
Re: Most Technicians In Kano Are From South; While Untrained Indigenes Beg - Sanusi by Nobody: 8:59pm On Apr 12, 2017
It takes alot of guts to speak this truth as a northern leader to your northern people. Kudos Sanusi

36 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Transparency International Responds To Cameron Comments Regarding Nigeria / Ambode Joins Sanwo-olu, Fashola, Others At A Reception For Tinubu After 4 Years / Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power - Must Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.