Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,703 members, 7,827,572 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life (8855 Views)

Would Believe This Lady Is 60 Years? - Her Curves Are Still Intact (video) / Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? / Don't Mercy For Any Lady In Her 30 To 40 Unmarried (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life by GreaterFuture(m): 8:43pm On Dec 09, 2022
Sorry I couldn't post this in travel section, I've been banned there till next year
All of us want to japa, and many of us have families that live and are based abroad.

Something occurred to me that I wanted to share. Do you know any immediate close family members, blood relatives or friends that have been living in the UK for over 25 years? the eldest, a 90+ old woman, has been living there for over 65 years and they have no achievements?
Like no house there, no Sure Jobs, only one has a Child, the remaining are unmarried with no children... except the old woman of course, whose children are the ones we are talking of.
The youngest, a 35yr old man, has nothing, lived there since he was 2, 3 years since 1989, '88

No Money, living from paycheck to paycheck, odd jobs. No investment, property, House or whatever... Nothing nothing in Nigeria either...
They are very abnormal, and are not United at all, they don't relate with each other.
All these people have British Passports o, all of them! They are all British citzens

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life by SocialJustice: 8:49pm On Dec 09, 2022
Roller coaster.

7 Likes

Re: Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life by Roboto11: 8:51pm On Dec 09, 2022
What Village please?

So we know who to avoid.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life by Nobody: 8:56pm On Dec 09, 2022
GreaterFuture:
Sorry I couldn't post this in travel section, I've been banned there till next year
All of us want to japa, right, but lets talk about another angle...
Something occurred to me that I wanted to share, do you know any immediate close family members, blood relatives or friends that have been living in the UK from over 25 years, to the eldest, 90+ old woman, living there for over 65 years and they have no achievements?
Like no house there, no Sure Jobs, only one has a Child's the remaining are unmarried with. I children
Except the old woman of course, whose children are the ones we are talking of
The youngest, a 35yr old man, has nothing, lived there since he was 2, 3 years

No Money, living from paycheck to paycheck, odd jobs. No investment, property, House or whatever in Nigeria
All these people have British Passports o, all of them
Even look at the way you write? Shame! And you are here shaming persons who are well better than you. Must you build a house in Nigeria before being considered successful?

36 Likes

Re: Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life by GreaterFuture(m): 9:10pm On Dec 09, 2022
imadiyi:

Even look at the way you write? Shame! And you are here shaming persons who are well better than you. Must you build a house in Nigeria before being considered successful?
Pls don't look at the way I write, I always rush when I write, I make typos a lot. I edit it later when I calm down to reread it

Now Secondly, I'm not writing this to shame them, I only ask if you know people like this that are close to you, blood relatives, close friends or family friends... Cos it occurred to me.
In my own case, these people are very religious..., the religion played a major factor too as to who they are.
Cos no matter how UK bad, you that were there since early 80's, 90's (the oldest ones, 1970's, 1960's) and don't have children, or spouse, should at least be okay... Do you see where I'm going now?
Is it clearer?

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life by GreaterFuture(m): 9:12pm On Dec 09, 2022
SocialJustice:
Na them do theirselves, my brother has been there since 1991 and owns a house in London. I know too many of my guys who own properties there. Na your family know how them dey waka.
Ok... Change the Tone of your write-up
But yes, I get where you are going..., obviously that's why I created the thread
Re: Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life by GreaterFuture(m): 9:13pm On Dec 09, 2022
imadiyi:

Also note, they literally have nothing there either oh, nothing at all
Once again, I'm not shaming

1 Like

Re: Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life by Nobody: 9:21pm On Dec 09, 2022
You will own nothing and be happy.

Always remember this slogan

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life by BRIMBRAM: 9:27pm On Dec 09, 2022
Okonandmary:
You will own nothing and be happy.

Always remember this slogan

Is that what you wish yourself? Happiness ridden in poverty?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life by SocialJustice: 9:28pm On Dec 09, 2022
GreaterFuture:

Ok... Change the Tone of your write-up
But the, I get where you are going, obviously that's why I created the thread
There's no tone in my write up or can you hear me through writing? I am also going nowhere. I have expressed my point and I'm done.
Re: Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life by Nobody: 10:24pm On Dec 09, 2022
BRIMBRAM:

Is that what you wish yourself? Happiness ridden in poverty?

Isn't that the west is all about
Re: Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life by BRIMBRAM: 10:26pm On Dec 09, 2022
Okonandmary:

Isn't that the west is all about

There is a difference between being comfortable and being poor.

1 Like

Re: Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life by Nonexisting1: 10:34pm On Dec 09, 2022
Do you live there in the UK with them to know they don't have any thing over there as well? I've come to realize that not all Nigerians abroad like to invest here. Some of them argue that they don't have plans to come back so no need investing in Nigeria. They invest there in the UK and enjoy the dividends there. One asked me how much will tenants pay him if he built house in Owerri that he wouldn't make easily in the pounds if he invested in UK.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life by Babssoo(m): 12:39am On Dec 10, 2022
That family have been cursed, no doubt. As things take expensive for London here reach, after paying my rental and other bills, my savings in a month, is more than what any university professor in Nigeria can dream of earning… if you no wan comot naija stay,but don’t discourage others

30 Likes

Re: Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life by Thortp(m): 12:56am On Dec 10, 2022
Gbagaun
Case closed
Babssoo:
That family have been cursed, no doubt. As things take expensive for London here reach, after paying my rental and other bills, my savings in a month, is more than what any university professor in Nigeria can dream of earning… if you no wan comot naija stay,but don’t discourage others

1 Like

Re: Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life by MemoriesAndMe: 1:02am On Dec 10, 2022
How is what you wrote any of your problem? Have they ever asked you to help them with anything before? Why monitor someone else's famil

2 Likes

Re: Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life by Konjiboii: 1:32am On Dec 10, 2022
I feel you are disappointed because they don't send you money, how UK see life is totally different how we see it, they are one of the most contented people. And also if you are a certain age they expect you to be independent,they do that to their kids,come be relatives. Them no go send your papa.

Their contentment lifestyle make them not to take reckless risk in life just to make money...ONLY A FEW.

7 Likes

Re: Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life by Wickedfacts: 2:13am On Dec 10, 2022
There is no Nigerian Billionaire in the UK. Meanwhile, we have several Nigerian Billionaires in the US. You think it's by accident?
The British system is designed for use and dump.

It is dumb salary earners who Japa to the UK, that's why you hear them talking about how much they are paid. Fecking peasant slaves. They can't build businesses there. They work there, pay heavy taxes and get choked by the rat race.

When they turn 60, they run back and start looking for cheap bungalow to buy in Igando and be using "When I was in Manchester" to disturb small girls around. Shishi, them no get.

If you must Japa, go to where the system allows you to transmit from an employee to a business owner. The UK doesn't allow that.

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life by snitchbitch: 2:18am On Dec 10, 2022
I have not been to the airport save UK

But there are alot of definitions to success

For some it's children, building house, buying a car, or getting rich

But for some people it's none of those,
If they can be healthy, without one naira in their pockets, it's still success

From what I read, op might be thinking in terms of luxury wealth or material prosperity

But many people don't count all those things anymore, and you will agree with me that
Some even count their GIFT OF LIFE as a success

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life by ednut1(m): 2:45am On Dec 10, 2022
And how do you Know this much details They are living a better life than you regardless.

2 Likes

Re: Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life by GreaterFuture(m): 5:05am On Dec 10, 2022
Nonexisting1:
Do you live there in the UK with them to know they don't have any thing over there as well?
They invest there in the UK and enjoy the dividends there. One asked me how much will tenants pay him if he built house in Owerri that he wouldn't make easily in the pounds if he invested in UK.
these are people I know very well, like since birth...
I've been there too myself personally, though been a while, say late 2000's, and I saw things with my eyes.
They have absolutely nothing there.
No house, some are a bit extreme sef, and they have nothing.

Only one woman who has a son, (an aunt) is a bit okay. I can excuse her because she had to raise a Child, singlehandedly. So you see I'm weighing the situation in a balanced way. Also she contributes a huge part to taking care of an old mother...

But I will also note that religion is a factor. All of them but two, are in a very strict religion that somewhat discourages wealth and doing things for your life.
Even the youngest ( the Old Woman's grandchild) that's not religious at all, already a university graduate by the age of 22, 23. Has nothing going.
this one is a half-brother, and his mother was based in Nigeria her whole life

Very abnormal and Crazy, all of them

3 Likes

Re: Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life by GreaterFuture(m): 5:15am On Dec 10, 2022
ednut1:
And how do you Know this much details They are living a better life than you regardless.
I know because they are blood relatives.
Better life than me? Well, a better society, Yes.
But in comparison of think I've done better, and I'm still literally far younger than all of them.

The main point here is that, people who have been in the UK since 1980, even the 35y old guy had been independent since 2009, 2010 (living there since 1989 as a baby) nothing nothing at all in life.
It's very extreme for me, so i wanna see if it's just me that knows something like this. If you know some, tell me pls. Don't feel stabbed in the heart by what I said, I'm not shaming here at all.

Putting my self in the situation of the youngest, If I had emigrated to the UK say since 2010, 2011 as a man in my early 20's, at the very least, no matter how bad, I would be very settled by now!
This is what I'm driving at

4 Likes

Re: Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life by Madmazel99(m): 5:16am On Dec 10, 2022
GreaterFuture:

these are people I know very well na, like since birth...
I've been there too myself personally, though been a while, say late 2000's, and I saw things with my eyes.
They have absolutely nothing there.
No house, some are a bit extreme sef, and they have nothing.

Only one woman who has a son, (an aunt) is a bit okay. I can excuse here because she had to raise a Child, singlehandedly. So you see I'm weighing the situation in a balanced way. Also she contributes a huge part to taking care of an old mother...

But I will also note that religion is a factor, all of them but two, are in very strict religion that somewhat discourages wealth and doing things for your life...
Even the youngest that's not religious at all, already a university graduate by the age of 22, 23. Has nothing going
your last paragraph has answered your question.
Re: Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life by GreaterFuture(m): 5:17am On Dec 10, 2022
snitchbitch:
I have not been to the airport save UK

But there are alot of definitions to success

For some it's children, building house, buying a car, or getting rich

But for some people it's none of those,
If they can be healthy, without one naira in their pockets, it's still success

From what I read, op might be thinking in terms of luxury wealth or material prosperity

But many people don't count all those things anymore, and you will agree with me that
Some even count their GIFT OF LIFE as a success
Kai! #facePlams
Pls reread my write-up and the other replies I've given others on the page.
Do you personally know extreme cases like these? No lie ooh

2 Likes

Re: Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life by GreaterFuture(m): 5:20am On Dec 10, 2022
Madmazel99:
your last paragraph has answered your question.
Not being religious? Lol that one no mean.
I highlighted that to say that religion doesn't eat their money nor time... Also to Juxtapose his own life to the religious ones who are still poor wretched people.
Also there a lot of irreligious people making it, or at least that are ok. Note, this is UK - a western society - we are talking about here.

1 Like

Re: Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life by GreaterFuture(m): 5:25am On Dec 10, 2022
Konjiboii:
I feel you are disappointed because they don't send you money,
Aaaaahhhh aiye ooh! LOL! Jesus Christ is Lord!
No, absolutely not! I don't collect money from them, neither am I expecting it. Never ever, since I was a kid.
Did you somehow sense that in my write Up? No absolutely not, that's not where this going at all

The only person that has ever helped, willingly on her own is the woman with a child. And it was all Voluntarily

2 Likes

Re: Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life by GreaterFuture(m): 5:27am On Dec 10, 2022
MemoriesAndMe:
How is what you wrote any of your problem? Have they ever asked you to help them with anything before? Why monitor someone else's famil
Ahh
Ok, sorry it seems I touched a nerve, or hit a spot.

So one cannot come on nairaland to drop a topic or something anymore?
Monitor another person's family? Sorry oh, they are infact, technically "my family".
Re: Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life by GreaterFuture(m): 5:31am On Dec 10, 2022
Babssoo:
No at the last line. I am absolutely not Discouraging others!
Me too I'm planning to leave nigeria, always have been even before the Japa fever at this stage. since I was very young, like any sensible Nigerian.

And I'm getting a 2nd Citizenship soon that will allow me travel to most developed countries, including that UK, without Visa

1 Like

Re: Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life by imagrg(m): 5:44am On Dec 10, 2022
North, South, East, or West, home is best!

When you get to these places abroad, reality dawns on you. lipsrsealed
Re: Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life by ednut1(m): 5:49am On Dec 10, 2022
GreaterFuture:

I know because they are blood relatives.
Better life than me? Well, a better society, Yes.
But in comparison of think I've done better, and I'm still literally far younger than all of them.

The main point here is that, people who have been in the UK since 1980, even the 35y old guy had been independent since 2009, 2010 (living there since 1989 as a baby) nothing nothing at all in life.
It's very extreme for me, so i wanna see if it's just me that knows something like this. If you know some, tell me pls. Don't feel stabbed in the heart by what I said, I'm not shaming here at all.

Putting my self in the situation of the youngest, If I had emigrated to the UK say since 2010, 2011 as a man in my early 20's, at the very least, no matter how bad, I would be very settled by now!
This is what I'm driving at
how are you so sure

1 Like

Re: Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life by Sweetvie: 5:58am On Dec 10, 2022
Babssoo:
De fait grin
Nice one grin
Re: Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life by Pickmycall: 5:59am On Dec 10, 2022
Tax Tax Tax.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Help With Ashawo Joints In Ilorin, Kwara State Abeg / When A Girl Ask You These 4 Questions, Know That She's Interested In You Already / LADIES: 13 Things You Should Do To Keep Your Man - EVERY MAN Loves #11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.