Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,461 members, 7,843,399 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life (8880 Views)

Would Believe This Lady Is 60 Years? - Her Curves Are Still Intact (video) / Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? / Don't Mercy For Any Lady In Her 30 To 40 Unmarried (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life by yinkeys(m): 6:05am On Dec 10, 2022
UK don cast since na
Who are the people rushing to UK

1 Like

Re: Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life by Nursepepeye(f): 6:52am On Dec 10, 2022
GreaterFuture:

Pls don't look at the way I write, I always rush when I write, I make typos a lot. I edit it later when I calm down to reread it

Now Secondly, I'm not writing this to shame them, I only ask if you know people like this closely... Cos it occurred to me
In my own case, these people are very religious, the religion played a major factor too to who they are
Cos no matter how UK bad, you that were there since early 80's (the oldest ones, 1970's, 1960's) and don't have children, or spouse, should at least be okay... Do you see where I'm going now
Do you get me better now?
why are you explaining these to someone who has no brain, can't Comprehend simple thing. I got your points from the first reading, you know destiny has different dimension, no matter the environment, destiny play a major role

4 Likes

Re: Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life by gulfer: 7:13am On Dec 10, 2022
That's the way UK is setup, I hate UK especially London undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life by Babssoo(m): 7:19am On Dec 10, 2022
GreaterFuture:

No at the last line. I am absolutely not Discouraging others!
Me too I'm planning to leave nigeria, always have been even before the Japa fever at this stage. since I was very young, like any sensible Nigerian.

And I'm getting a 2nd Citizenship soon that will allow me travel to most developed countries, including that UK, without Visa
congrats brov, you have made a wise decision… cheers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life by AgentGoat: 7:20am On Dec 10, 2022
GreaterFuture:

these are people I know very well na, like since birth...
I've been there too myself personally, though been a while, say late 2000's, and I saw things with my eyes.
They have absolutely nothing there.
No house, some are a bit extreme sef, and they have nothing.

Only one woman who has a son, (an aunt) is a bit okay. I can excuse here because she had to raise a Child, singlehandedly. So you see I'm weighing the situation in a balanced way. Also she contributes a huge part to taking care of an old mother...

But I will also note that religion is a factor, all of them but two, are in very strict religion that somewhat discourages wealth and doing things for your life...
Even the youngest that's not religious at all, already a university graduate by the age of 22, 23. Has nothing going

What's your point exactly?
Re: Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life by Blazebond(m): 7:20am On Dec 10, 2022
Many are in this condition sha,it is not because they are unproductive or lazy,it has to do with their tax system and whatever hidden things that swallow their money,they are always paying mortgage on one thing or another and they always force themselves to go on vacations that they can hardly afford just because they want to explore,but some of them are doing okay Sha.

3 Likes

Re: Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life by GreaterFuture(m): 7:28am On Dec 10, 2022
Babssoo:
That family have been cursed, no doubt.
Yes, it seems There is a Spiritual angle to it.
I've thought about this, but spiritual matters are very complicated, one has to calm down and really look to understand it..

1 Like

Re: Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life by TheChameleon: 7:28am On Dec 10, 2022
Wickedfacts:
There is no Nigerian Billionaire in the UK. Meanwhile, we have several Nigerian Billionaires in the US. You think it's by accident?
The British system is designed for use and dump.

It is dumb salary earners who Japa to the UK, that's why you hear them talking about how much they are paid. Fecking peasant slaves. They can't build businesses there. They work there, pay heavy taxes and get choked by the rat race.

When they turn 60, they run back and start looking for cheap bungalow to buy in Igando and be using "When I was in Manchester" to disturb small girls around. Shishi, them no get.

If you must Japa, go to where the system allows you to transmit from an employee to a business owner. The UK doesn't allow that.

As in.... very shocking how the colonial masters exploit us.

After like 3 postgraduate degrees, UK universities were asking for proof of proficiency in English. I had a lot of engagements with British Council and they mercilessly fleece us at every opportunity. First school I applied for in US had Nigeria on exemption list as an Anglophone country.

I know many in UK still struggling while I know of many friends in the US who are worth quite a bit. A close pal with a 2-2 in Accounting without no additional qualifications here or there left Dec 2016 and as of January this year, I saw over 100 million naira in savings when I was trying to buy a laptop and he shared credit card details. He's been working in Chase Bank for like 2 years now.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life by grandstar(m): 7:36am On Dec 10, 2022
GreaterFuture
I have a cousin who will soon be 60. I doubt if she's built a house. She has only a daughter who became a single mum at the age of 18 or so. A nigerian guy took advantage of her for the benefit of papers.

Yes, she may have no real material achievements but I love her to bits, and I'm sure many of the family feel the same way. She and my sister are probably the 2 matriarchs of the family.

Many a time, money does not measure how truly successful one I am not judging you for using material things to judge those who japa for that was why they did.

My cousin opened her home to many who japa'd. She was a foundation for her 2 younger brothers and 2 of my younger ones who did. She's ready to prepare a nigerian feast for your event. She's very loving and giving. If you're not ready to spend an hour on the phone, don't dare pick her call grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life by Sirqt5(m): 7:44am On Dec 10, 2022
GreaterFuture:

No at the last line. I am absolutely not Discouraging others!
Me too I'm planning to leave nigeria, always have been even before the Japa fever at this stage. since I was very young, like any sensible Nigerian.

And I'm getting a 2nd Citizenship soon that will allow me travel to most developed countries, including that UK, without Visa
2nd citizenship when u've never stepped foot outta 9ja . governments no dey dish out citizenship like dat . Visa u no get grin . pr u no get grin . but na citizenship u think say dem go dash u , lmao .make una take it easy wit d lies biko grin lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life by grandstar(m): 7:57am On Dec 10, 2022
GreaterFuture:

these are people I know very well, like since birth...
I've been there too myself personally, though been a while, say late 2000's, and I saw things with my eyes.
They have absolutely nothing there.
No house, some are a bit extreme sef, and they have nothing.

Only one woman who has a son, (an aunt) is a bit okay. I can excuse here because she had to raise a Child, singlehandedly. So you see I'm weighing the situation in a balanced way. Also she contributes a huge part to taking care of an old mother...

But I will also note that religion is a factor, all of them but two, are in very strict religion that somewhat discourages wealth and doing things for your life...
Even the youngest that's not religious at all, already a university graduate by the age of 22, 23. Has nothing going

What religion please?
Re: Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life by Kobicove(m): 8:00am On Dec 10, 2022
Sirqt5:
2nd citizenship when u've never stepped foot outta 9ja . governments no dey dish out citizenship like dat . Visa u no get grin . pr u no get grin . but na citizenship u think say dem go dash u , lmao .make una take it easy wit d lies biko grin lipsrsealed

He has been outside the country before, please go and read his posts again

1 Like

Re: Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life by Sirqt5(m): 8:03am On Dec 10, 2022
Kobicove:

He has been outside the country before, please go and read his posts again
still don't mean dem dashing him citizenship . e no work like dat . not without pr first , n living n working in d country where u want citizenship for a few yrs

3 Likes

Re: Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life by KingAzubuike(f): 8:10am On Dec 10, 2022
Wickedfacts:
There is no Nigerian Billionaire in the UK. Meanwhile, we have several Nigerian Billionaires in the US. You think it's by accident?

It is dumb salary earners who Japa to the UK, that's why you hear them talking about how much they are paid. Fecking peasant slaves. They can't build businesses there. They work there, pay heavy taxes and get choked by the rat race.

When they turn 60, they run back and start looking for cheap bungalow to buy in Igando and be using "When I was in Manchester" to disturb small girls around. Shishi, them no get.

If you must Japa, go to where the system allows you to transmit from an employee to a business owner. The UK doesn't allow that.

At the bolded.. so true lol. I know one around..any small discussion next thing na when I was in london.
Re: Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life by Qatar2022: 8:16am On Dec 10, 2022
imadiyi:

Even look at the way you write? Shame! And you are here shaming persons who are well better than you. Must you build a house in Nigeria before being considered successful?
That's only useless people think and call achievement
Re: Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life by Wickedfacts: 8:28am On Dec 10, 2022
Sirqt5:

It is very possible. Wealthy Nigerians do it very well. Buy citizenship of a small country with Passport that allows you enter various countries visa free.

People buy citizenship of certain countries for between $100k to $500k. They call it citizenship by investment.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life by Wickedfacts: 8:30am On Dec 10, 2022
KingAzubuike:

At the bolded.. so true lol. I know one around..any small discussion next thing na when I was in london.

I know someone who was at Coventry for 3 months. He talked about it for all the time I was around that area, and that was more than 6 years.
Re: Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life by grandstar(m): 8:31am On Dec 10, 2022
GreaterFuture
I had an aunty who probably got there late 1970s. By 1983, she was raising 3 children there. She brought 2 sons with her probably aged 2 and 3 when coming birthed a 3rd child, a girl by 1983. Then she was staying in a council flat.

By 1992, she already had a 4th child, a girl which was her last.

Around 1993, she decided to come to Nigeria stating that she had a revelation from God to do so, to preach the word. She left her children in the UK except the last born who she brought along with her.

Her evangelical mission to Nigeria got nowhere. She had to become super frugal to survive with her daughter. She later sent her daughter back but i am not sure of the time.

She traveled back in 2003. My sister paid for the ticket. She had been kind to us when she was in the UK.

In 2008, her oldest son she brought along with her to the UK was deported to Nigeria. She never regularized his papers. I won't be surprised if ihis deportation was violence related as he's autistic and prone to fights.

His younger brother too was deported, probably around 2010. I'm sure it was crime related as the guy loves drugs and he is very unserious. He however has a very mild and gentle character. His papers too were never regularised.

Note: We were never informed they were deported. But their coming back and never returning made absolutely no sense. Their British accents are very strong. They don't belong here.

Her abandoning them in England when she came back to Nigeria in 1993 took its toll on the boys. Yorubas say what they don't teach you at home, they'll teach you in the street.

Upon her return to the UK in 2003, I am not sure what happened but later on, I think she started receiving a monthly pension from the government there, and also a flat. From that, she was sending money to her sons in Nigeria regularly.

She died recently. I doubt she left anything behind, whether in the UK or in Nigeria, but she was a contented person. Her monthly pensions would have been sufficient for her.

She was a very lovely person that made some rather big mistakes for which she and her children paid the price.

I can never forget her smile. God bless her soul. I am glad she is sleeping in peace (Read Eccl 9:5,10)

4 Likes

Re: Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life by Wickedfacts: 8:35am On Dec 10, 2022
TheChameleon:

As in.... very shocking how the colonial masters exploit us.

After like 3 postgraduate degrees, UK universities were asking for proof of proficiency in English. I had a lot of engagements with British Council and they mercilessly fleece us at every opportunity. First school I applied for in US had Nigeria on exemption list as an Anglophone country.

I know many in UK still struggling while I know of many friends in the US who are worth quite a bit. A close pal with a 2-2 in Accounting without no additional qualifications here or there left Dec 2016 and as of January this year, I saw over 100 million naira in savings when I was trying to buy a laptop and he shared credit card details. He's been working in Chase Bank for like 2 years now.

It is even an insult for UK Universities to ask for Proof of Proficiency. The reason they make that foolish request is for you to probably write the IELTS or something.
Whenever I see young people going to the UK, I usually pity them.

3 years time from now, many of them will return and become compulsory nationalists, wearing African fabrics about, quoting Thomas Sankara and Kwame Nkrumah by the time they see shege in the hands of the UK government.

6 Likes

Re: Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life by lereinter(m): 8:48am On Dec 10, 2022
Tell me the aim of this write up

Tell those your relatives to then relocate to nigeria their ancestry home

Who leaves nigeria has the means, they didn't tell you they are going there to become billionaires

One thing is sure UK is a saner country than nigeria
Re: Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life by Chee59(f): 8:50am On Dec 10, 2022
Life is what you make it to be.
Your actions have consequences that can make or mar your destiny. If you want a happy life and a successful old age, the time to sow the seeds is in your youth. Changing location is good but definitive steps must be taken to build upon the where you are.
Let's not forget the God factor.
Re: Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life by Sirqt5(m): 9:25am On Dec 10, 2022
Wickedfacts:

It is very possible. Wealthy Nigerians do it very well. Buy citizenship of a small country with Passport that allows you enter various countries visa free.

People buy citizenship of certain countries for between $100k to $500k. They call it citizenship by investment.
we not talkin abt wealthy folks , we talkin abt d op . citizenship by investing costs up to $1,200,000 (3,889,739,784.00 ₦ ) in some countries . it's not given out cheaply to wealthy folks either

2 Likes

Re: Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life by GreaterFuture(m): 9:26am On Dec 10, 2022
Sirqt5:
. Go back and reread what I said.

I said my immediate family members there have British passport and are British citizens, Confirmed.
I also said that I went to the UK (London) for the first time in 2007, as a teenager.
I did University schooling outside nigeria, though still within africa.
Any exposed Person knows that with money (not necessarily a lot of money) and the right connection, you can get another country's passport, Very common runs... #CommonKnowledge!

And even if I have never had any of these things, nor ever had a visa, if i have money and the right Connection, I can Still get another passport/citizenship.

Why did you come at me like that?? Like an illiterate local, foolish fellow? Do I know you before?
If you want to make a point, you can do so Normally
You had no point to make obviously. You were driving at nothing, you are abnormal psychologically

2 Likes

Re: Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life by Sirqt5(m): 9:29am On Dec 10, 2022
Wickedfacts:

we not talkin abt wealthy folks , we talkin abt d op . citizenship by investing costs up to $1,200,000 (3,889,739,784.00 ₦ ) in some countries . it's not given out cheaply to wealthy folks either

2 Likes

Re: Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life by GreaterFuture(m): 9:30am On Dec 10, 2022
grandstar:
GreaterFuture
I have a cousin who will soon be 60. I doubt if she's built a house. She has only a daughter who became a single mum at the age of 18 or so. A nigerian guy took advantage of her for the benefit of papers.

Yes, she may have no real material achievements but I love her to bits, and I'm sure many of the family feel the same way. She and my sister are probably the 2 matriarchs of the family.

Many a time, money does not measure how truly successful one I am not judging you for using material things to judge those who japa for that was why they did.

My cousin opened her home to many who japa'd. She was a foundation for her 2 younger brothers and 2 of my younger ones who did. She's ready to prepare a nigerian feast for your event. She's very loving and giving. If you're not ready to spend an hour on the phone, don't dare pick her call grin grin
You did not get what I was saying, go back and read it again... As well as my other comments and replies here.
These people are too Poor. One almost 70 if not more than now, has no Home right now. Lived in his aged mother's house for years, on and Off.(Note I am not rich either, not At alll.)
but these things you mentioned that your aunty does or did in the past, none of them can never ever do it for anybody else. They not United, they are people who don't believe in the idea of giving other people anything at all. Even if they can easily afford it

1 Like

Re: Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life by GreaterFuture(m): 9:32am On Dec 10, 2022
AgentGoat:

What's your point exactly?
My point is I want to know if this is something that is somewhat common. Do you know situations like this?
Or is it Spiritual

Wickedfacts is the only person so far, that seems to get where I'm coming from

1 Like

Re: Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life by GreaterFuture(m): 9:35am On Dec 10, 2022
gulfer:
That's the way UK is setup, I hate UK especially London undecided undecided undecided
Lool, i just laughed reading this...
I've heard People say so many things about UK too
Re: Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life by GreaterFuture(m): 10:03am On Dec 10, 2022
Wickedfacts:

You don't have to Be super wealthy, I know this firsthand. That's all I can say.
Connect can be a powerful something.
Re: Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life by bdon123(m): 10:28am On Dec 10, 2022
GreaterFuture:
Sorry I couldn't post this in travel section, I've been banned there till next year
All of us want to japa, right, but lets talk about another angle...

Something occurred to me that I wanted to share, do you know any immediate close family members, blood relatives or friends that have been living in the UK for over 25 years, the eldest, a 90+ old woman, living there for over 65 years and they have no achievements?
Like no house there, no Sure Jobs, only one has a Child, the remaining are unmarried with no children
Except the old woman of course, whose children are the ones we are talking of
The youngest, a 35yr old man, has nothing, lived there since he was 2, 3 years

No Money, living from paycheck to paycheck, odd jobs. No investment, property, House or whatever, nothing nothing in Nigeria either...

All these people have British Passports o, all of them
Having British passport is not am automatic ticket to success.Bt it will help u in future n assist u to success if u play ur cards right
Re: Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life by bdon123(m): 10:31am On Dec 10, 2022
Wickedfacts:

Did u jst say build house abroad?dem no dey build house jst like that bro...they buy houses .I agree wit u, UK is hard,n doesn't giv mch room for one to get rich.

3 Likes

Re: Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life by womaniser(m): 10:41am On Dec 10, 2022
It differs. I know quite a few Nigerians in Europe who have many AirBnB apartments they are running. They may even have properties in Nigeria you know nothing about.

Some come and build a duplex in a 3 week visit. Even if you visit them in the house, they tell you it belongs to a friend or they rent it out.

Others are heavily invested in stock.

Uk cast, Uk cast. Dey there. If you get a stable job and plan your life, despite tax, you have more than enough to save.

1 Like

Re: Japa: Blood Relatives Living In The UK For Over 30 To 60 Years, Nothing In Life by 1Sharon(f): 11:19am On Dec 10, 2022
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. If the parents are unserious with their life, it will rub off on their kids too.

Yes, I will admit, Nigerians in America are far successful than UK Nigerians.

Americans are taxed less, salaries are far higher and there are more opportunities

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Does A Person's Post On NL Shows His Real Person? / “I Can't Leave My Boyfriend", Lady Tells A Guy After Collecting 10K See Leaked / Lockdown: Man Calls Cops On GF Over Too Much Sex, Begs For Relocation (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.