Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,180 members, 7,864,079 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 11:19 AM

Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup - Sports (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup (50703 Views)

Messi, Maguire & Ramos In Europe‘s Worst Team Of The Season / 22 Goals & 11 Assists! Ronaldo Named Serie A Most Valuable Player Of 2018/19 / Super Eagles Rated Third Worst Team At The World Cup 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Niklaus398: 9:34pm On Dec 20, 2022
hensben:
Which influence? When Portuguese people are already p1ssed that he doesn’t deserve to start again that made cr7 sister started ranting and guilt tripping. Portugal is not some low rated footballing nation that they will still carry a 41 year old player to World Cup, maybe as part of coaching staff sha.
lol how many Portugueses? Go and sit many thousands of Portugueses also supporting him and standing for him. There's a reason an airport was name with his name.

Inly few misguided Portugueses and their words can't stop anything. Cause many more support ronaldo.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Peacecore: 9:36pm On Dec 20, 2022
Mitsurugi:

Ronaldo won the Euros and the UEFA Nations League with Portugal as Messi won the Copa America and World Cup with Argentina. So it's actually 2 - 2 in international football success. But of course we'll argue that World Cup is now bigger than all the trophies. Na una make Messi talk say e no wan retire perhaps to add one more Copa America to make it 2 - 3.

Make una leave this CR7 and Messi matter. They will always be mentioned in the same breath till eternity. And better, they both respect and highly regard each other.

Finally this worse team is based on APPEARANCES. World Cup winner Lautaro Martinez is in it.
So, you still get mouth to talk even as una chairman/chairlady, Obem don run go hide like cockroach. What on earth go make you consider UNL, AKA, overrated friendlies as an international trophy? Mind you, Messi has 5 international trophies; U17 wc, U20 wc, Copa America, infinissima, and the almighty WC.
Talking about rating; it's a cumulative stuff where average is taken at the end. If you play one match, you will be judged by one match. Ronaldo played 5 matches, started 3, scored one PK, and assist one own goal against his own team. L.Martinez was rated low because of his performance in the match. He wasted more than 5 big chances provided to him by Messi. He did nothing good for the team except the penalty shootout he scored against Netherlands. That's it or do you need for explanation?

2 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Niklaus398: 9:36pm On Dec 20, 2022
Workch:
Even Before Messi won the world cup, he had entered the FIFA hall of fame by winning the golden ball. It's something Ronaldo doesn't.

You can only compare Ronaldo to Messi in Europe now and not on global stage. It's the bitter truth

On what basis should Messi and Ronaldo be compared on global stage if Ronaldo always disappears at the world cup
on thaf basis it means modric is there. Modric has enter FIFA Hall of Fame lol ... On that basis Giroud was better than Messi before Sunday simply because he has won the world cup. Agreed?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by hensben(m): 9:36pm On Dec 20, 2022
Niklaus398:
Oga forget Nigerian mind. Influence is influence. Except he has retired by then or he chooses not to go but if he chooses too. Nothing will stop him from going.
Influence on what? On stirring up controversies and unbalancing the dressing room. Someone that is useless now when he is not scoring it is at the age of 41 he will now be needed.

3 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Workch: 9:37pm On Dec 20, 2022
Niklaus398:
everything apart from the world cup.

It was Same example I gave above for delima and Ronaldo.

Remove world cup. Remove Champions league trophies of Ronaldo too.

Ronaldo beat Gerd in every indices.

More BD. More player of match. More assists. More freekivk goals. More and more everything u could think of.
More player of the season or player of the year. More and more of everything
Gerd mullee case is different because Gerd has champions league and world cup.

Gerd scored almost same goals as Ronaldo and assists almost same.

You cannot just remove world cup now like you did for Delima, because it's a big factor in this debate.

There's nothing basically that Ronaldo won that Gerd didn't win the same version in his time. But Ronaldo doesn't have world cup.

This world cup is why we are placing Maradona ahead of Ronaldo in the first place. Maradona doesn't even have a champions league trophy, Gerd has it.

Gerd scored more goals than Maradona and had more assists. How come Maradona is ahead of Ronaldo and Gerd is not ahead of Ronaldo?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Niklaus398: 9:38pm On Dec 20, 2022
hensben:
Giroud don’t have individual awards to be compared to cruyff. Na you Dey use emotion analyze football, nor be everything be hate. Be logical for ones. Only messi got the chance to make next World Cup simply because he useful in the other position like midfield work so can be used there.
oga it is simple. Na u talk say world cup is greater than Every individual thing someone can win. So on that basis giroud was greater than Cruyff and Messi.

If you say no than indeed you're hateful
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by hensben(m): 9:38pm On Dec 20, 2022
Niklaus398:
lol how many Portugueses? Go and sit many thousands of Portugueses also supporting him and standing for him. There's a reason an airport was name with his name.

Inly few misguided Portugueses and their words can't stop anything. Cause many more support ronaldo.
To name something after a great player is normal. A lot of things are named after another Portuguese legend called Eusebio. We are talking football here and not naming things after someone.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Workch: 9:39pm On Dec 20, 2022
Niklaus398:
on thaf basis it means modric is there. Modric has enter FIFA Hall of Fame lol ... On that basis Giroud was better than Messi before Sunday simply because he has won the world cup. Agreed?
that's not the logic.

The logic is you have to get it done in Europe and the world. Modric and Messi did it in both places. Ronaldo only did it in Europe, Giroud is not even a key player anywhere.

If Ronaldo can get it done in both places, he will easily be 4th or even 1st, depending.

I hope you are reasoning

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Bimpe29: 9:39pm On Dec 20, 2022
JASONjnr:
Anyhow you twist it.....

FIFA refused to push the team forward....

Cameroon trashed Argentina......Argentina team wasn't that good..... Morocco played even better....

But FIFA decided to work their things to change and made Messi to get this cup just to end the argument that CR7 is better than Messi....

But CR7 is still the best of all times and the greatest footballer of our time....
He (CR7), is still precious, prolific and considered as one of the Greatest of All Time.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Peacecore: 9:39pm On Dec 20, 2022
Workch:
there's no peace for the wicked.

For 4 years when Messi was suffering in Barcelona and consistently crashing out of UCl, Ronaldo fans were everywhere trolling us.
Now they are acting like matured bitches.

Even on the day Argentina played final, Ronaldo fans were still there to mock Messi when Mbappe equalized
They took over the scene and forced us to keep mute. They were celebrating it as if Ronaldo is in final. Suddenly Mbappe changed to Mbadike. Those people are hrtless, wishing an innocent man like Messi bad luck is nefarious.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Niklaus398: 9:40pm On Dec 20, 2022
Workch:
Aside PR, I think Gerd Muller is even greater than Maradona.

We can put the statistic to test on this.

For me the top 3 are

Pele, Messi and Gerd muller. Maradona should be 4th.
MARADONA has got nothing on Gerd.

Maradona doesn't have a UCl title, he didn't score as. Uch goals or assists as much as Gerd. To cap it all, Maradona performed on drugs
ok ur choice.

When the main list is brought.. I want to see if indeed your Gerd Muller will be ahead of Ronaldo lol.

No body or renoun someone that have listed the Goats have ever put your Gerd Muller ahead of Ronaldo.. not in this lifetime.

Na you where full with hate dey do m
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Workch: 9:41pm On Dec 20, 2022
Niklaus398:
ok ur choice.

When the main list is brought.. I want to see if indeed your Gerd Muller will be ahead of Ronaldo lol.

No body or renoun someone that have listed the Goats have ever put your Gerd Muller ahead of Ronaldo.. not in this lifetime.

Na you where full with hate dey do m
I am giving you facts now.

Maradona got nothing on Gerd muller, and this same Maradona is whom you think should be ahead of Ronaldo. If you have any stat that Maradona surpasses Gerd aside from dribbles, bring it and let's see

The logic doesn't add up it Gerd is not ahead of Ronaldo

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by hensben(m): 9:42pm On Dec 20, 2022
Niklaus398:
oga it is simple. Na u talk say world cup is greater than Every individual thing someone can win. So on that basis giroud was greater than Cruyff and Messi.

If you say no than indeed you're hateful
Thats not how things work. World Cup is the greatest trophy in football nor be me talk am, it is an official statement. Giroud wasn’t the best player when they won it, he wasn’t the highest goal scorer, he didn’t even score sef when they won it. We are talking of great players that won and gave top performance and become the best while at it. Messi, pele, maradona and Zidane won it and they were the best player while at it.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Niklaus398: 9:42pm On Dec 20, 2022
Workch:
that's not the logic.

The logic is you have to get it done in Europe and the world. Modric and Messi did it in both places. Ronaldo only did it in Europe, Giroud is not even a key player anywhere.

If Ronaldo can get it done in both places, he will easily be 4th or even 1st, depending.

I hope you are reasoning
oga Giroud was key in France winning it 4 years ago so simply using ur logic he was better than Messi and modric simple.

Since he has won it
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Peacecore: 9:43pm On Dec 20, 2022
Kingcalls:

U are nothing but a bonified fool...only poor people think like u....
I only want to reply you with these. You don't deserve my banter. You're too small for it. I don't want it to look as if I am d one that killed you as you're already close to 6ft down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Peacecore: 9:43pm On Dec 20, 2022
Kingcalls:

U are nothing but a bonified fool...only poor people think like u....
I only want to reply you with these. You don't deserve my banter. You're too small for it. I don't want it to look as if I am d one that killed you as you're already close to 6ft down.

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by mayor1814: 9:44pm On Dec 20, 2022
As Ronaldo no wan humble, nature don force am humble by fire by force. And even rite now he's not in any debate. which yeye debate.

We only have 3 GOATs in the history of football. Maradona, Pele and MESSI.

Tapnaldo can only be in d list of the Zidane, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo De lima, Henry etc they are legends not GOATs.

3 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Niklaus398: 9:45pm On Dec 20, 2022
hensben:
To name something after a great player is normal. A lot of things are named after another Portuguese legend called Eusebio. We are talking football here and not naming things after someone.
Oga indeed your don't know the influence Ronaldo got on that team and his country's FA. If he chooses to go come 2026 nothing will stop him. No one. Except he retires by then or chooses not too. But if he chooses he will go.

Forget anything Nigerian mentality. Na Portugal and Ronaldo we dey talk.

As much as Ronaldo has haters in Portugal..he has.muvh more and more lovers. So the few people for Twitter dey make you dey think the whole country dey against m for this world cup lol continue.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Workch: 9:45pm On Dec 20, 2022
Niklaus398:
oga Giroud was key in France winning it 4 years ago so simply using ur logic he was better than Messi and modric simple.

Since he has won it
how many Motm does Giroud have in world cup?

How many awards has he won?
How many Ballon dor does he have?

How many Ucls does he have?

How many league trophies?

How did Giroud even enter the debate when is not extraordinary both in Europe and world?

Ronaldo is extraordinary in Europe but not in world cup. Modric and Messi are extraordinary in both places

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Peacecore: 9:45pm On Dec 20, 2022
BeanX:
We go like come chop rice for him burial � cheesy cheesy cheesy
I go go with spoon sef grin grin ;Di no wan make dem tell me make I wait make anoda person finish with spoon
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by AImiron: 9:45pm On Dec 20, 2022
Peacecore:
No be small thing o. We can now move freely for NL without confrontation from Pendu fans. What a world?
Abi nah, I'll be careful next time
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by waice6571: 9:46pm On Dec 20, 2022
Pinterest:

Because they didn’t teach you how to respect others. I’m ready for you, make I hear say you and your babalawo no run mad.

For mentioning my parents in this despicable manner you shall never lay your hands on anything that will prosper again. Heaven of favour of God and man is closed upon you except you have a justifiable reason to cross the sacred lines but if not... Your life will wander in valley of perdition and all your prayers shall become a sin in the presence of God almighty.

The only reason you will escape is if I insult your parent at any time.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Niklaus398: 9:46pm On Dec 20, 2022
Workch:
Gerd mullee case is different because Gerd has champions league and world cup.

Gerd scored almost same goals as Ronaldo and assists almost same.

You cannot just remove world cup now like you did for Delima, because it's a big factor in this debate.

There's nothing basically that Ronaldo won that Gerd didn't win the same version in his time. But Ronaldo doesn't have world cup.

This world cup is why we are placing Maradona ahead of Ronaldo in the first place. Maradona doesn't even have a champions league trophy, Gerd has it.

Gerd scored more goals than Maradona and had more assists. How come Maradona is ahead of Ronaldo and Gerd is not ahead of Ronaldo?
ok ue choice and I respect it.

Not the choice of Renoun individuals or FIFA so we ok with that.

Even Ronaldo biggest sport critics like Rooney will easily put him in top5
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Workch: 9:49pm On Dec 20, 2022
Niklaus398:
ok ue choice and I respect it.

Not the choice of Renoun individuals or FIFA so we ok with that.

Even Ronaldo biggest sport critics like Rooney will easily put him in top5
you cannot say for sure.

The only thing helping Ronaldo is the PR and goals. Aside that, Gerd will top him based on records on global stage
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Niklaus398: 9:52pm On Dec 20, 2022
hensben:
Influence on what? On stirring up controversies and unbalancing the dressing room. Someone that is useless now when he is not scoring it is at the age of 41 he will now be needed.
which controversy him stir up? Only for man United and wetin una coach talk.

Ferguson never complained of him on his first stint.
Madrid coaches all of them even Mourinho never complained of him
In Juventus same thing. None of them ever complain of him stiring up controversy.

In Portugal team you guys like lying about many players including Bruno, Pepe, Diaz, Cancelo have come out to dispel those rumours but nooo... Idiots keep believing Ronaldo did all that simply because of the problem he had with United.

In Portugal team they all see Ronaldo as a big brother and they all love him. Infact United dalot is his biggest fan and none of them has ever complained of him. Yet the media want me to believe the nonsense you spew up there?

I'll advice you to go and read those players and players Ronaldo have played with testimonies about him.

Stop hating.

He will make the squad if he chooses too. Not even you guys hate or the little small small Portuguese haters will stop him because more Portuguese are with him and they know him going there might help them one way or the other especially in a situation they badly need a goal
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Peacecore: 9:52pm On Dec 20, 2022
Kingcalls:

I am Here u fool...without fifa , messi will be trash ... fifa gave him the world Cup with 5 dubious penalties ....without penalties, Messi is trash
You are very shameless. In fact, you're a full definition of shamefulness. It was fifa dat clipped Lewa's legs, it was fifa dat made VVD to miss d first pk, it was also fifa dat made Messi, the real GOAT to marry Modric. You fools have been crying about penalty and France was awarded penalty twice I final of wc buh you didn't say anything. England was also awarded penalty twice in one match against France buh you didn't criticise it. Hypocrisy is in your blood.

Anyway, this is how Pendu fans watch match that makes dem to come back home arguing...

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by SPAMBOX7: 9:53pm On Dec 20, 2022
OJEEMAH:
You change dealer?
Una no go kill person for this nairaland grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Niklaus398: 9:58pm On Dec 20, 2022
hensben:
Thats not how things work. World Cup is the greatest trophy in football nor be me talk am, it is an official statement. Giroud wasn’t the best player when they won it, he wasn’t the highest goal scorer, he didn’t even score sef when they won it. We are talking of great players that won and gave top performance and become the best while at it. Messi, pele, maradona and Zidane won it and they were the best player while at it.
not that note..Mbappe should come above GERD MULLER TOO.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Niklaus398: 9:59pm On Dec 20, 2022
Workch:
I am giving you facts now.

Maradona got nothing on Gerd muller, and this same Maradona is whom you think should be ahead of Ronaldo. If you have any stat that Maradona surpasses Gerd aside from dribbles, bring it and let's see

The logic doesn't add up it Gerd is not ahead of Ronaldo
ok ur choice which I respect.
Lol
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Pinterest: 10:04pm On Dec 20, 2022
waice6571:

For mentioning my parents in this despicable manner you shall never lay your hands on anything that will prosper again. Heaven of favour of God and man is closed upon you except you have a justifiable reason to cross the sacred lines but if not... Your life will wander in valley of perdition and all your prayers shall become a sin in the presence of God almighty.

The only reason you will escape is if I insult your parent at any time.

It will never be well with you, your parents, your siblings and those related to you by blood or by affiliation. You and your people will toil till you end your lives miserably. You will always attract affliction for the rest of your short lives. Success will be far from you and your relatives.

The only reason you will escape is if I insult you at any time before you insulted me for no reason. The only reason you’ll escape this is if you didn’t draw the first blood by being uncouth unnecessary to me. So shall it be, Amen.

EDIT: In fact, you’ll never escape it. And it will teach you how to be respectful to others.

2 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by waice6571: 10:07pm On Dec 20, 2022
Pinterest:

It will never be well with you Pinterest, your parents, your siblings and those related to you by blood or by affiliation. You and your people will toil till you end your lives miserably. You will always attract affliction for the rest of your short lives. Success will be far from you and your relatives.

The only reason you will escape is if I insult you at any time before you insulted me for no reason. The only reason you’ll escape this is if you didn’t draw the first blood by being uncouth unnecessary to me. So shall it be, Amen.

EDIT: In fact, you’ll never escape it. And it will teach you how to be respectful to others.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Pinterest: 10:11pm On Dec 20, 2022
waice6571:

You and the people you hold dear to heart, will suffer for the rest of your miserable lives. You and your generation are cursed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Sells Ballon D’or Trophy To Idan Ofer, Israel’s Richest Man / Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles / Why I Returned To Kano Pillars – Ahmed Musa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.