Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,159 members, 7,864,030 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:38 AM

Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup - Sports (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup (50698 Views)

Messi, Maguire & Ramos In Europe‘s Worst Team Of The Season / 22 Goals & 11 Assists! Ronaldo Named Serie A Most Valuable Player Of 2018/19 / Super Eagles Rated Third Worst Team At The World Cup 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Niklaus398: 7:21pm On Dec 20, 2022
Workch:
no doubt he's a legend but he's not in the category of Messi, Pele and Maradona.
World cup is very key, very important.

People will always place him bow these 3. Just wait a while when experts start analyzing this issues
yes u re right no doubt he won't come on top those two.

So now is now

Pele
Messi
Maradona
C.Ronaldo
Ronaldo Brazil
Etc

But knowthis.. if Ronaldo should be a virtue of Grace go with Portugal to the world cup in 2026 and win that world cup. He will climb up to that third or even second position .

By the way, Pele is above Messi and maradona because he won 3 world cups for me.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Niklaus398: 7:24pm On Dec 20, 2022
Pinterest:

I think Ronaldo has few time left, even if he makes the 2026 Portuguese squad and they go all the way, I don’t think he’ll be influential in the winning other than being a squad player.

I’m judging him based on what he does on the field of player and his current form. He’s had a good career though, a career that many past and present footballl can only dream of.
we really don't care if he becomes influential in the victory or not as long as he wins it and play minutes like every 10 or 15 minutes no problem. Even if he doesn't score no problem.
If by a stroke he wins the world cup come 2026 with Portugal.. he will climb up that Podium with Messi and Pele and maradona.

But for now he remains 4th place for me
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Seunfretty: 7:24pm On Dec 20, 2022
FreshFarmAgro:

Explain Messi's goal tie with Ronaldo please

Ronaldo start professional football earlier than Messi ...i cant be so certain with stat but it isn't as if Ronaldo dwarfs him so much in goal rate.....but does Ronaldo even come close in other stats...big NO...
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Pinterest: 7:24pm On Dec 20, 2022
Niklaus398:
we really don't care if he becomes influential in the victory or not as long as he wins it and play minutes like every 10 or 15 minutes no problem. Even if he doesn't score no problem.
If by a stroke he wins the world cup come 2026 with Portugal.. he will climb up that Podium with Messi and Pele and maradona.

But for now he remains 4th place for me

Fair enough....

Until then.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Niklaus398: 7:26pm On Dec 20, 2022
Raf4:

Messi lying down at the back of the wall to defend a free kick actually caught my attention. What a humble superstar! CR7 would rather walk out of the field than doing such.
Ronaldo has been standing and making the war and receiving the shots from the freekicks but yet you're against him cause he didn't lie down for a freekick?
So with his height he should be lying down?

Do you guys think or this is just plain hate?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by ogbonti: 7:28pm On Dec 20, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

I agree. But I think it was for marketing sake. Controversy makes more publicity. Publicity makes more money

Though I hope you're not a penaldian trying to use diversionary tactics sha grin grin

pesin dey big pass something na - at my age and exposure - hero worship a man like myself? come on - am better than that bro cool

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Niklaus398: 7:29pm On Dec 20, 2022
Lukuluku69:

Very true. He has had a splendid career so far. One of the very best. The problem is there is a Messi during his time.

He can still make the Portugal 2026 Squads, but many obstacles are on his way namely the Qualifiers, Age (he will be 41/42)

Well, let us keep our fingers crossed on that, but I know he is not quitting yet.

By the way, would you take him at Arsenal as a stop gap measure for Gabriel Jesus?
if he chooses not to retire he will make it.
He mustn't even be playing in Europe then. Even playing in the America or China or arab will be ok. He has enough influence to make his way into the squad as a squad player though not a starter. But he will be influential in that 10-15 minutes especially if Portugal are pulling crosses in.

If Portugal goes all the way there to win it. He would've acheived everything he ever dreamt too. And will be known as one of the top 3 greatest in history then. But for now he is 4th place cause maradona got a world cup. If Ronaldo wins one...he upstage maradona for me but might not upstage Messi due to Messi bD

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Niklaus398: 7:32pm On Dec 20, 2022
Pinterest:

Ronaldo would not quit. That’s one of the things I like about him. He has this self believe, though he’s always cocky about it. Wish him the best. Sentiments aside, nothings he’s going to do afterwards will affect Messi’s supremacy. I may be wrong though.

About the bold, you know, I have always thought about it since he’s been linked to us. But I’ve come to the conclusion that I never want to see it happen boss, for a number of reasons.

- Ronaldo is a divisive character, according to reports. We don’t want that in the team.

- Ronaldo ego is hoooge, same with Arteta. And it’s bound to clash at some point. Arteta’s minor clash with Auba will be a minor one lol.

- We need to play as a team more than ever before, throwing Ronaldo into the mix will mean playing for him and not for the team.

- I personally don’t think Ronaldo rates Arsenal, forget about the hype in his Morgan interview. He’ll only join us to proof his doubters wrong and If he hits the ground running, I believe he’ll leave us for a much more bigger team, especially if we don’t end up winning the EPL.

- Arsenal will temporarily inherit his very very toxic fan base. The point is they’ll abuse abuse the coach, his fellow players and his club if things don’t go his way. The other players don’t deserve vile criticism just because they are playing alongside Ronaldo.

- Ronaldo can’t replace Gabriel Jesus in our current set up. Jesus does much more than just scoring. And Ronaldo his just all about scoring, if he doesn’t score in a game, he’s basically useless in other areas.

Boss, there are more but I’d like to stop here grin
I don't even want him to join arsenal.

I want him to join Chelsea rather. Thankfully Chelsea una like him. If a deal can happen he can play for Chelsea and play the CL and that's very very ok for us Ronaldo fans.

For arsenal they are doing good now.. they should keep it up but they not much better than United he just left.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Masterclass32: 7:37pm On Dec 20, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

Because of his love for penalties

cheesy cheesy
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Niklaus398: 7:38pm On Dec 20, 2022
Workch:
Even Modric can be regarded as c greater than Ronaldo atm.
Modric has a world cup golden ball, bronze medla and silver medal.

Ronaldo is not part of the best 10 players in history atm
lol hate has blinded you.

Apart from that world cup that has eluded Ronaldo and kept him away of the top 3..he easily enter top 4.

Ronaldo Brazil could have come before him but he has only 3 BD and not CL.
Ronaldo has 5 and 5 Cl. Just being brought down by World cup..

So he easily comes 4th for anyone without biases.
You might say he is not as talented as Ronaldo delima but nevertheless he has achieved much more than Ronaldo delima.

Remove Ronaldo CL and Delima World cup.

Ronaldo dump delima in every statiscal data.. weather on goals or on assists. Weather on freekicks or anything at all.

You might say he had the longer career..but how is that Ronaldo fault? Cristiano in 2014 had a near career ending injury and had to adapt and change his game to continue football, to me that's a brilliant footballer.
But delima failed too. it simple...

Cristiano easily comes third after Pele, Messi, maradona. If he wins the world cup in 2026 he will go third ahead of maradona.
Messi will still maintain 2nd simply because of the number of his ballon dor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Octobertwentysix(f): 7:39pm On Dec 20, 2022
afribookorg:

Cameroon trashed Argentina ? Oga,are you just coming out from prison ? This is 2022 oooo,not 2014 wc

There is nothing we'll not see from penaldo fans

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Niklaus398: 7:41pm On Dec 20, 2022
Pinterest:

Fair enough....

Until then.
yeah until then. But pls u guys should leave him alone and celebrate ur Messi in peace.

By the way all those saying Ronaldo isn't in top 5 or top 10 greatest are just haters.

He easily comes fourth above Ronaldo delima.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Rhema04(m): 7:41pm On Dec 20, 2022
Honestly, I wish Argentina can give the world cup trophy to Portugal so that Ronaldo fans can have peace of mind.. They are too bitter about this world cup trophy ehnn...

Sentimental people
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by candygist: 7:43pm On Dec 20, 2022
FreshFarmAgro:

Media or Ronaldo? And if he wanted to do so, is he not justified? Can the same be done to Messi ?

No coach will want to bench Messi unless he is injured. Messi is always inform even when he is not inform he still makes assist for is team mate. Ronaldo wants all the glory at all time.

See what happened when he tried to claim another man goal. Who does that?

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Sagamite(m): 7:49pm On Dec 20, 2022
Starz825:

Bros ...you sick you no just know...

The guy said cr7 is his own goat....
That's his opinion
You can't change that even if you think otherwise...
Na wa for you....

Messi is better than Ronaldo but Ronaldo has achieved up to the level of having his own fan base support him too(with or without a WC trophy)

Messi is not the only player who played football...

Someone was even telling me ibrahimovic is his goat.. another person said Pele....

Make he na rest abeg...

You are a cretinous ffucktard!

So your education is so bad, you didn't see all the parts of the foolish conspiracy theories?

Fucking hell! Nigerian education system has destroyed lives.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Pinterest: 7:57pm On Dec 20, 2022
Niklaus398:
I don't even want him to join arsenal.

I want him to join Chelsea rather. Thankfully Chelsea una like him. If a deal can happen he can play for Chelsea and play the CL and that's very very ok for us Ronaldo fans.

For arsenal they are doing good now.. they should keep it up but they not much better than United he just left.

About the bold, maybe you should check the EPL table to clear your doubt. Even your fav player praised Arsenal for being different from Man U in that interview.

And yes, I want him to join Chelsea too. Ronaldo fans and Chelsea fan fit each other, una fight go sweet grin
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Niklaus398: 8:01pm On Dec 20, 2022
Pinterest:

About the bold, maybe you should check the EPL table to clear your doubt. Even your fav player praised Arsenal for being different from Man U in that interview.

And yes, I want him to join Chelsea too. Ronaldo fans and Chelsea fan fit each other, una fight go sweet grin
i didn't say they are not differ from United. I said they're not much differ. Arsenal are doing well. Top of the table .
Remenber this same. Man United were top of the table as at January last year and yet ended 2nd place to city. So bro understand me what I'm saying ok.
Clearly arsenal are the better one this season Sha but not that much seeing they're about 10 points ahead of United with 1 more game played.

Nevertheless man United haven't been that bad too.

By the way I'm supporting arsenal to win the league this season. Rather them than city.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by hensben(m): 8:12pm On Dec 20, 2022
Niklaus398:
if he chooses not to retire he will make it.
He mustn't even be playing in Europe then. Even playing in the America or China or arab will be ok. He has enough influence to make his way into the squad as a squad player though not a starter. But he will be influential in that 10-15 minutes especially if Portugal are pulling crosses in.

If Portugal goes all the way there to win it. He would've acheived everything he ever dreamt too. And will be known as one of the top 3 greatest in history then. But for now he is 4th place cause maradona got a world cup. If Ronaldo wins one...he upstage maradona for me but might not upstage Messi due to Messi bD
All these are fiction, Ronaldo will not be available for selection in the next World Cup because he will become even more inactive to the squad. Who will carry a 41 year old to World Cup when young stars are emerging everyday. Did you see him play in this last wc that even the coach have no choice than to bench him.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by hensben(m): 8:16pm On Dec 20, 2022
Niklaus398:

Apart from that world cup that has eluded Ronaldo and kept him away of the top 3..he easily enter top 4.

You might say he is not as talented as Ronaldo delima but nevertheless he has achieved much more than Ronaldo delima.

Ronaldo dump delima in every statiscal data.. weather on goals or on assists. Weather on freekicks or anything at all.

You might say he had the longer career..but how is that Ronaldo fault? Cristiano in 2014 had a near career ending injury and had to adapt and change his game to continue football, to me that's a brilliant footballer.

Cristiano easily comes third after Pele, Messi, maradona. If he wins the world cup in 2026 he will go third ahead of maradona.
Ronaldo is not going to the next World Cup. Portugal is not some low rated nation in football that they will still be needing Ronaldo’s service at 41. You guys don’t always see reality.

2 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Nawttiboi007(m): 8:23pm On Dec 20, 2022
With all ur epistle to my short sentence.. clearly shows how cheap ur words are...
Pinterest:

You are the dummy in this case. I’ve always known Pendu fan boys like you don’t have sense so I’ll let it slide and school you.

The Portuguese team have one of the most talented crop of players excelling for their clubs at the World Cup, even when they play together in their National team, you can easily tell that they are a quality team ( especially when Pendu is on the bench). In contrast, some key players of the Argentine team, especially those that won the Copa America were injured and didn’t make the squad list: players like Aguero, Lo Celso and the likes.

Scaloni won the World Cup with players like Enzo Fernandez (who didn’t even play in the qualifiers at all), Mac Allister (the Brighton player who wouldn’t have started at the WC if Celso was fit), players like Foyth and the likes.

If you really watch Argentina matches (I don’t expect a dumb pendu fan to watch live matches anyway, they’re always watching on Nairaland), you’d know that Argentina weren’t even at their best in this competition and they starting gelling towards the later part of the Competition, even at that they made a lot of mistakes.

In terms of talent and potential, if a football fan were to list a combine first IX from both teams before the WC, Portugal will have more players than Argentina. But I don’t expect someone like you to know that. You can defend Pendu’s failure at the WC without sounding stupid.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Pinterest: 8:24pm On Dec 20, 2022
Niklaus398:
yeah until then. But pls u guys should leave him alone and celebrate ur Messi in peace.

By the way all those saying Ronaldo isn't in top 5 or top 10 greatest are just haters.

He easily comes fourth above Ronaldo delima.

Ahhh...if he’s actually ahead of De Lima like you claimed, then he’s not because it was easy like you said. Ronaldo De Lima was a terror during his early playing days. Injury messed up his career.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Pinterest: 8:25pm On Dec 20, 2022
Nawttiboi007:
With all ur epistle to my short sentence.. clearly shows how cheap ur words are...

I schooled you.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Pinterest: 8:30pm On Dec 20, 2022
Niklaus398:
i didn't say they are not differ from United. I said they're not much differ. Arsenal are doing well. Top of the table .
Remenber this same. Man United were top of the table as at January last year and yet ended 2nd place to city. So bro understand me what I'm saying ok.
Clearly arsenal are the better one this season Sha but not that much seeing they're about 10 points ahead of United with 1 more game played.

Nevertheless man United haven't been that bad too.

By the way I'm supporting arsenal to win the league this season. Rather them than city.

I guess we are good then grin

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Nawttiboi007(m): 8:44pm On Dec 20, 2022
U absolutely know nothing abt schooling
Pinterest:

I schooled you.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Workch: 8:51pm On Dec 20, 2022
Niklaus398:

see, whatever you do in Europe, if you don't make FIFA hall of fame, na local continental champ you be.

The world cup is the biggest footballing tournament in the world, not just in football but the biggest sport event. If Ronaldo doesn't make an impact there, he remains a local continent champ. No GOAT debate for him

2 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by waice6571: 8:51pm On Dec 20, 2022
Pinterest:

Your father is Arindin. Your mother is Akindanidani

My father and my mother?... Why did you have to insult my parents? Honestly if you failed to retract your insult I will come for you big time and you will seek for solution to your misery in life but find none.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Workch: 8:54pm On Dec 20, 2022
Niklaus398:
yes u re right no doubt he won't come on top those two.

So now is now

Pele
Messi
Maradona
C.Ronaldo
Ronaldo Brazil
Etc

But knowthis.. if Ronaldo should be a virtue of Grace go with Portugal to the world cup in 2026 and win that world cup. He will climb up to that third or even second position .

By the way, Pele is above Messi and maradona because he won 3 world cups for me.
Gerd Muller is a greater player than Ronaldo by a. Lot. See why : Müller became the first German to win the Ballon d'Or back in 1970, when it was still known as the European Footballer of the Year. He remains the top scorer in Bayern's history with 566 goals in 607 games, won three consecutive European Cups, the Intercontinental Cup (world cup)), the Cup Winners' Cup and four Bundesliga titles.

Ronaldo needs the world cup to be at that level

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Workch: 8:56pm On Dec 20, 2022
Jokerman:

Of cos.

Varane is bigger than Maldini grin
yes, Varane is a more accomplished defender than Maldini.

The trophies are there to justify that
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Ade1177: 8:59pm On Dec 20, 2022
Workch:
see, whatever you do in Europe, if you don't make FIFA hall of fame, na local continental champ you be.

The world cup is the biggest footballing tournament in the world, not just in football but the biggest sport event. If Ronaldo doesn't make an impact there, he remains a local continent champ. No GOAT debate for him

Brother what will you call Cristiano Ronaldo then?

Because I think he has a larger fan base than Messi

And Only he and Messi dominated football for so long
15yrs

Agreed Messi won the world Cup, both of them can't win it

One has to win

But when people talk about Ronaldo like just anyone else is not cool,

Messi is great but without Messi Ronaldo would easily dominate the world

Without Ronaldo also
Those 5 ballon dors would go to Messi
Messi would have 12

Cristiano won 5 could have been 6 if he stayed in Madrid in 2018

So someone that beat Messi 5 times should be respected too

So Messi can be Goat to millions of people

But Ronaldo is Still Goat to other millions of people
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Pinterest: 9:00pm On Dec 20, 2022
waice6571:

My father and my mother?... Why did you have to insult my parents? Honestly if you failed to retract your insult I will come for you big time and you will seek for solution to your misery in life but find none.

Because they didn’t teach you how to respect others. I’m ready for you, make I hear say you and your babalawo no run mad.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Workch: 9:07pm On Dec 20, 2022
Ade1177:

Brother what will you call Cristiano Ronaldo then?

Because I think he has a larger fan base than Messi

And Only he and Messi dominated football for so long
15yrs

Agreed Messi won the world Cup, both of them can't win it

One has to win

But when people talk about Ronaldo like just anyone else is not cool,

Messi is great but without Messi Ronaldo would easily dominate the world

Without Ronaldo also
Those 5 ballon dors would go to Messi
Messi would have 12

Cristiano won 5 could have been 6 if he stayed in Madrid in 2018

So someone that beat Messi 5 times should be respected too

So Messi can be Goat to millions of people

But Ronaldo is Still Goat to other millions of people
Messi is obviously ahead of Ronaldo.
The fact that Ronaldo cannot break into world cup hall of fame makes him not in the same league as Pele, Messi and Maradona.

It doesn't matter if the whole world are his fans. Facts are facts.

I am being realistic with you. Football analysts in the future will definitely consider this and strike him out of the debate. In th future, no one will watch him, they will only look at the records and no world cup? He will be regarded as Cryuff or platini

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Niklaus398: 9:08pm On Dec 20, 2022
Workch:
Gerd Muller is a greater player than Ronaldo by a. Lot. See why : Müller became the first German to win the Ballon d'Or back in 1970, when it was still known as the European Footballer of the Year. He remains the top scorer in Bayern's history with 566 goals in 607 games, won three consecutive European Cups, the Intercontinental Cup (world cup)), the Cup Winners' Cup and four Bundesliga titles.

Ronaldo needs the world cup to be at that level
now i know na hate dey do u lol.

Nigga won it once... Ronaldo won it 5 times.
Had the highest goals ever in history while playing majorly as a weekend for 2003-2014.. that's 10 years.

Ur Gerd Muller played as a striker yet Ronaldo tops him in goals

Ronaldo 5 CL. How many your Gerd Muller get?
Really hate is doing u. Lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Sells Ballon D’or Trophy To Idan Ofer, Israel’s Richest Man / Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles / Why I Returned To Kano Pillars – Ahmed Musa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.