Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,157 members, 7,864,024 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:31 AM

Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup - Sports (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup (50696 Views)

Messi, Maguire & Ramos In Europe‘s Worst Team Of The Season / 22 Goals & 11 Assists! Ronaldo Named Serie A Most Valuable Player Of 2018/19 / Super Eagles Rated Third Worst Team At The World Cup 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Niklaus398: 9:09pm On Dec 20, 2022
Workch:
see, whatever you do in Europe, if you don't make FIFA hall of fame, na local continental champ you be.

The world cup is the biggest footballing tournament in the world, not just in football but the biggest sport event. If Ronaldo doesn't make an impact there, he remains a local continent champ. No GOAT debate for him
ok. Have you finished? Even your Messi or Pele or even maradona won't make this useless statement. Lol.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Niklaus398: 9:10pm On Dec 20, 2022
Pinterest:

I guess we are good then grin
We are. Atleast for one time. It is the enemy of my enemy is my friend.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Workch: 9:12pm On Dec 20, 2022
Niklaus398:
now i know na hate dey do u lol.

Nigga won it once... Ronaldo won it 5 times.
Had the highest goals ever in history while playing majorly as a weekend for 2003-2014.. that's 10 years.

Ur Gerd Muller played as a striker yet Ronaldo tops him in goals

Ronaldo 5 CL. How many your Gerd Muller get?
Really hate is doing u. Lol
one world cup encompasses whatever thing you had in Europe. Especially if that player also had many trophies in Europe.

A player with 2 Ucls and 1 world cup, 500 goals is greater than a player with 6UCLs and 600 goals. World cup is key.

It's like winning 10 EPL or LA ligas with many goals, you cannot compare such player with some with 2 EPls or LA Liga and 2 Ucls and he also has almost as many goals as you. Ronaldo can win 20 Ucls, Pele with 3 world cup and more world cup goals will still be ranked above him

That's the logic.

4 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Niklaus398: 9:13pm On Dec 20, 2022
Pinterest:

Ahhh...if he’s actually ahead of De Lima like you claimed, then he’s not because it was easy like you said. Ronaldo De Lima was a terror during his early playing days. Injury messed up his career.
he is ahead. Ronaldo self was a terror to defenders. Atleast from 2003-2014.. ask any defender that faced him they will.tell you.

Yes he hasn't won the World cup that's the reason he is below the 3 Goats above. But delima hasn't won the CL despite playing in Europe so that's the reason he is below Ronaldo.

Besides let even remove world cup and CL... Every other indices Ronaldo beat him except raw talent anyways.

Name me any indices delima beat Ronaldo apart from world cup and CL which I have removed.

And maybe raw talent.

I'm waiting
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Workch: 9:15pm On Dec 20, 2022
Niklaus398:
ok. Have you finished? Even your Messi or Pele or even maradona won't make this useless statement. Lol.

FIFA thinks so.
I can't trust you and distrust Fifa

2 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Ade1177: 9:17pm On Dec 20, 2022
Workch:
Messi is obviously ahead of Ronaldo.
The fact that Ronaldo cannot break into world cup hall of fame makes him not in the same league as Pele, Messi and Maradona.

It doesn't matter if the whole world are his fans. Facts are facts.

I am being realistic with you. Football analysts in the future will definitely consider this and strike him out of the debate. In th future, no one will watch him, they will only look at the records and no world cup? He will be regarded as Cryuff or platini
You're being sentimental

Not possible

Ronaldo can't be rolled out

You cannot talk about Messi without CR7

Just not possible
I repeat not Possible

They are both engraved in each others story

Absolutely no way to talk about One without the other

Fine the ending of Cristiano didn't go down well
But cmon you were not born yesterday you can't deny what those two did over the years
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Peacecore: 9:17pm On Dec 20, 2022
AImiron:
I got carried away the main moniker chop 2 days ban, this na backup. I sight you my brother. We deserve this moment, this is our moment. God bless you
No be small thing o. We can now move freely for NL without confrontation from Pendu fans. What a world?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Niklaus398: 9:17pm On Dec 20, 2022
hensben:
Ronaldo is not going to the next World Cup. Portugal is not some low rated nation in football that they will still be needing Ronaldo’s service at 41. You guys don’t always see reality.
You're the blind one there if not you will know that if Ronaldo chooses to play till 41 and also to go to the world cup nothing can stop him. He will be part of the squad easily but yes, he won't be starting matches it is that simple.

He is to influential in Portugal not to be able to push his way into the squad. Except na him retire or na him no want go but if he chooses he got the influence to make it happen.

Remove your hate and see the influence he has in that Portugal as a country. The people love him. The president of Portugal love him and has name things with his name.

So remove your hate and understand that if he still plays still 41 and chooses to go to the world cup. He has all the influence and all.the strings to make that happen.

Yes accepted he won't be starting but he will be in the squad and get to play 5-10 minutes especially in games Portugal are comfortably winning..so what are you saying?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Pinterest: 9:17pm On Dec 20, 2022
Niklaus398:
he is ahead. Ronaldo self was a terror to defenders. Atleast from 2003-2014.. ask any defender that faced him they will.tell you.

Yes he hasn't won the World cup that's the reason he is below the 3 Goats above. But delima hasn't won the CL despite playing in Europe so that's the reason he is below Ronaldo.

Besides let even remove world cup and CL... Every other indices Ronaldo beat him except raw talent anyways.

Name me any indices delima beat Ronaldo apart from world cup and CL which I have removed.

And maybe raw talent.

I'm waiting

Again, fair enough....

No point doubting some of the things here because they are well put, to be honest.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Workch: 9:18pm On Dec 20, 2022
Niklaus398:
now i know na hate dey do u lol.

Nigga won it once... Ronaldo won it 5 times.
Had the highest goals ever in history while playing majorly as a weekend for 2003-2014.. that's 10 years.

Ur Gerd Muller played as a striker yet Ronaldo tops him in goals

Ronaldo 5 CL. How many your Gerd Muller get?
Really hate is doing u. Lol
if Ronaldo manages to get just 1 world cup, you can even place him above Pele. It's when all these your UCl statistics can become relevant
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Peacecore: 9:18pm On Dec 20, 2022
AImiron:
he/she go don switch to alt, shame won't allow him/her to come online. In Asake's voice "Dem never see nothing"
Pepper dem more bro grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Niklaus398: 9:19pm On Dec 20, 2022
hensben:
All these are fiction, Ronaldo will not be available for selection in the next World Cup because he will become even more inactive to the squad. Who will carry a 41 year old to World Cup when young stars are emerging everyday. Did you see him play in this last wc that even the coach have no choice than to bench him.
oga if by 41 Ronaldo hasn't retired and want to go to the world cup. He has all.the influence both in Portugal as a country. In Portugal FA and even in the team to make the squad. Yes he won't play full matches maybe 5-10 minutes but yes he will go if he chooses.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Niklaus398: 9:21pm On Dec 20, 2022
Workch:
if Ronaldo manages to get just 1 world cup, you can even place him above Pele. It's when all these your UCl statistics can become relevant
hope you place Gerd Muller ahead of Messi before Messi won this world cup ?

If you didn't then look at the mirror and find out you are simply a hatefilled person
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Peacecore: 9:21pm On Dec 20, 2022
grin grin grin we warned dem, dem no gree
JooEeL:

Chai, Ronaldo fans will cry blood. This pain is too heavy for them.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Workch: 9:21pm On Dec 20, 2022
Ade1177:

You're being sentimental

Not possible

Ronaldo can't be rolled out

You cannot talk about Messi without CR7

Just not possible
I repeat not Possible

They are both engraved in each others story

Absolutely no way to talk about One without the other

Fine the ending of Cristiano didn't go down well
But cmon you were not born yesterday you can't deny what those two did over the years
Ronaldo doesn't have a world cup trophy, that's the biggest sporting tournament in the world. He doesn't have a mark there.

It is why he cannot be compared with Messi.

When it comes to Europe, you can compare him with Messi but not on a global stage because world cup trophy, golden balls, assists and goals will easily make Messi beat Ronaldo now.

It's the new reality you have to accept

2 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Gwan2(m): 9:22pm On Dec 20, 2022
Ade1177:

I love Ronaldo and Messi

But if Ronaldo scores 1 penalty let alone 5

People call him penaldo because he knows how to score it

Messi won the world Cup, great but he was obviously favoured which is normal
If Ronaldo was also humble and not against everyone

Fifa would favour him too
But he has so many enemies while Messi is being carried by the officials. I watch all their awards when Messi gets it the happiness in those fifa officials can't be hidden

Ronaldo doesn't get that much from them
Just his Enormous fans making it explode

Truth
But football wise Messi is better than Ronaldo
But beating the odds when everyone is against you
Ronaldo has done that for 15yrs

So massive respect

My guy keep calm abeg…you know wetin CR7 and Alex Ferguson in collaboration with Howard Webb carry people eye see on top ojoro when he dey for epl….My dislike for Man Utd and Ronaldo started that time. You know how many ojoro UEFA do make Ronaldo shine for Madrid?
Go watch Madrid Bayern Munich, Go watch Madrid Champions league games when CR7 dey there….so calm down. He is good but no capping abeg
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Workch: 9:23pm On Dec 20, 2022
Niklaus398:
hope you place Gerd Muller ahead of Messi before Messi won this world cup ?

If you didn't then look at the mirror and find out you are simply a hatefilled person
Even Before Messi won the world cup, he had entered the FIFA hall of fame by winning the golden ball. It's something Ronaldo doesn't.

You can only compare Ronaldo to Messi in Europe now and not on global stage. It's the bitter truth

On what basis should Messi and Ronaldo be compared on global stage if Ronaldo always disappears at the world cup

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Niklaus398: 9:24pm On Dec 20, 2022
Pinterest:

Again, fair enough....

No point doubting some of the things here because they are well put, to be honest.
it that simple. If people remove the sentiment they will see it.

It doesn't matter if delima was the better talented one. What matters is there effect in the game.

Reason why Ronaldo will always be in 4th place and delima below.

Though I predict Mbappe to come and upstage Ronaldo and maradona soon. All he needs is at best 4 ballon d or and more than 700 goals which he will get.
I don't really bother if he gets it shall cause
I love Mbappe.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Peacecore: 9:24pm On Dec 20, 2022
Numerouno94:

Pendulums re still hoping the whole world cup saga is a dream. The painment is 2much. Pendu's sis called it the worst world cup eva.kikikigringrin
To crown it all Al-Nassr's president has denied linking his club to Pendu. In his words "who is Pendu? I don't knw any Pendu"grin
Pendu should jux retire ND go into Telemundo.grin
Most Pendulums hv deactivated their monikers ND re on wit new monikers. Tank U Lord for this xmas present to Messi ND all his Loyal fans world wide. I luv Messi.
Our love for Messi has been unwavering. We stood for him through thick and thin in the little way we can, and via our prayers. Omor u gat see celebration da day. E just be like say, 9ja win wc and afcon de same day

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Niklaus398: 9:25pm On Dec 20, 2022
Workch:
FIFA thinks so.
I can't trust you and distrust Fifa

Do you read at all? Who is comparing Messi and Ronaldo? We are talking if Ronaldo is top 5 in � debate and I said he will easily make 4th but can't make third cause maradona is there and got a world cup
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by hensben(m): 9:26pm On Dec 20, 2022
Niklaus398:
oga if by 41 Ronaldo hasn't retired and want to go to the world cup. He has all.the influence both in Portugal as a country. In Portugal FA and even in the team to make the squad. Yes he won't play full matches maybe 5-10 minutes but yes he will go if he chooses.

Which influence? When Portuguese people are already p1ssed that he doesn’t deserve to start again that made cr7 sister started ranting and guilt tripping. Portugal is not some low rated footballing nation that they will still carry a 41 year old player to World Cup, maybe as part of coaching staff sha.

2 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Peacecore: 9:26pm On Dec 20, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

grin grin
Abeg keep those NAMES for Giveaways.
Loading soon
We for don die here if to say things go d oda way round. E get one guy we dey cause my whole family because of the GOAT. I don look for am since, I no see am. E get luck walai
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Workch: 9:27pm On Dec 20, 2022
Niklaus398:

Do you read at all? Who is comparing Messi and Ronaldo? We are talking if Ronaldo is top 5 in � debate and I said he will easily make 4th but can't make third cause maradona is there and got a world cup
I do not agree that Ronaldo should be 4th to be honest.

What does Ronaldo have on Gerd muller?
Tell me
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Niklaus398: 9:28pm On Dec 20, 2022
Workch:
one world cup encompasses whatever thing you had in Europe. Especially if that player also had many trophies in Europe.

A player with 2 Ucls and 1 world cup, 500 goals is greater than a player with 6UCLs and 600 goals. World cup is key.

It's like winning 10 EPL or LA ligas with many goals, you cannot compare such player with some with 2 EPls or LA Liga and 2 Ucls and he also has almost as many goals as you. Ronaldo can win 20 Ucls, Pele with 3 world cup and more world cup goals will still be ranked above him

That's the logic.
and your logic is flaw and feel with hate.

If you say one world cup is better than all that.

It means Giroud is better the Cruyff or is in the top 8-15 of all times that have not won the world cup.

Now you see how foolish you're ?
Meaning Giroud is better than WEAH, than Rooney, than drogba etc ?

Indeed you're clown
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by hensben(m): 9:28pm On Dec 20, 2022
Niklaus398:
You're the blind one there if not you will know that if Ronaldo chooses to play till 41 and also to go to the world cup nothing can stop him. He will be part of the squad easily but yes, he won't be starting matches it is that simple.

He is to influential in Portugal not to be able to push his way into the squad. Except na him retire or na him no want go but if he chooses he got the influence to make it happen.

Remove your hate and see the influence he has in that Portugal as a country. The people love him. The president of Portugal love him and has name things with his name.

So remove your hate and understand that if he still plays still 41 and chooses to go to the world cup. He has all the influence and all.the strings to make that happen.

Yes accepted he won't be starting but he will be in the squad and get to play 5-10 minutes especially in games Portugal are comfortably winning..so what are you saying?
Thats not how things work, na your Nigeria mind you take Dey talk so. Maybe as one of the coaching staff not as a player. Portugal have wealth of young stars and Ronaldo is not the type that unite dressing room when he is not playing. Nor be everything be hate, na emotion you take Dey talk so.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Niklaus398: 9:30pm On Dec 20, 2022
hensben:
Thats not how things work, na your Nigeria mind you take Dey talk so. Maybe as one of the coaching staff not as a player. Portugal have wealth of young stars and Ronaldo is not the type that unite dressing room when he is not playing. Nor be everything be hate, na emotion you take Dey talk so.
Oga forget Nigerian mind. Influence is influence. Except he has retired by then or he chooses not to go but if he chooses too. Nothing will stop him from going.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Workch: 9:30pm On Dec 20, 2022
Niklaus398:

Aside PR, I think Gerd Muller is even greater than Maradona.

We can put the statistic to test on this.

For me the top 3 are

Pele, Messi and Gerd muller. Maradona should be 4th.
MARADONA has got nothing on Gerd.

Maradona doesn't have a UCl title, he didn't score as. Uch goals or assists as much as Gerd. To cap it all, Maradona performed on drugs
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by hensben(m): 9:31pm On Dec 20, 2022
Niklaus398:
and your logic is flaw and feel with hate.

If you say one world cup is better than all that.

It means Giroud is better the Cruyff or is in the top 8-15 of all times that have not won the world cup.

Now you see how foolish you're ?
Meaning Giroud is better than WEAH, than Rooney, than drogba etc ?

Indeed you're clown
Giroud don’t have individual awards to be compared to cruyff. Na you Dey use emotion analyze football, nor be everything be hate. Be logical for ones. Only messi got the chance to make next World Cup simply because he useful in the other position like midfield work so can be used there.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Tapout(m): 9:31pm On Dec 20, 2022
afribookorg:

Cameroon trashed Argentina ? Oga,are you just coming out from prison ? This is 2022 oooo,not 2014 wc

There is nothing we'll not see from penaldo fans

That's how one said messi didn't deserve player of the tournament award. Many of them don't actually watch football. Na news paper stand and livescores dem they get their updates from. I don't know how on earth, a playmaker will be compared with a striker in the first place. Like how ?? ?? sad A playmaker who even has more goals than most top strikers around the globe. Sometimes I wonder if they are just acting silly or they are actually silly by default.

2 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Niklaus398: 9:32pm On Dec 20, 2022
Workch:
I do not agree that Ronaldo should be 4th to be honest.

What does Ronaldo have on Gerd muller?
Tell me
everything apart from the world cup.

It was Same example I gave above for delima and Ronaldo.

Remove world cup. Remove Champions league trophies of Ronaldo too.

Ronaldo beat Gerd in every indices.

More BD. More player of match. More assists. More freekivk goals. More and more everything u could think of.
More player of the season or player of the year. More and more of everything
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by SPAMBOX7: 9:33pm On Dec 20, 2022
JASONjnr:
Anyhow you twist it.....

FIFA refused to push the team forward....

Cameroon trashed Argentina......Argentina team wasn't that good..... Morocco played even better....

But FIFA decided to work their things to change and made Messi to get this cup just to end the argument that CR7 is better than Messi....

But CR7 is still the best of all times and the greatest footballer of our time....
The thing y'all penaldians fail to understand is no matter how much you wail he don be he don be. Or is there anything you wanna do about it other than wailing? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by hensben(m): 9:34pm On Dec 20, 2022
Tapout:

That's how one said messi didn't deserve player of the tournament award. Many of them don't actually watch football. Na news paper stand and livescores dem they get their updates from. I don't know how on earth, a playmaker will be compared with a striker in the first place. Like how ?? ?? sad A playmaker who even has more goals than most top strikers around the globe. Sometimes I wonder if they are just acting silly or they are actually silly by default.
Most Ronaldo fans don’t have football knowledge simply because they were never football fan, they just like Ronaldo doings and then started arguing with actual football fan. Most of them lack basic football knowledge.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Sells Ballon D’or Trophy To Idan Ofer, Israel’s Richest Man / Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles / Why I Returned To Kano Pillars – Ahmed Musa

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.