Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,451 members, 7,861,307 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 09:21 AM

Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup - Sports (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup (50602 Views)

Messi, Maguire & Ramos In Europe‘s Worst Team Of The Season / 22 Goals & 11 Assists! Ronaldo Named Serie A Most Valuable Player Of 2018/19 / Super Eagles Rated Third Worst Team At The World Cup 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Pinterest: 6:03pm On Dec 20, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

Yeah. It's the Wikipedia own. Share the link `

Here. Hoping I don’t get banned for sharing this link.

I relish getting banned for cursing out a shameless Penduist but not something like this grin

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messi–Ronaldo_rivalry

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Kingcalls: 6:03pm On Dec 20, 2022
Workch:
Ronaldo cannot be mentioned in the same breath as Messi in history.

When Fifa wants to do world cup documentary, Ronaldo will not make the list ever and forever.

He has no place in the GOAT debate. He's not in the league of Messi, Pele and Maradona.

He will fade away faster than Messi because he has no history in the biggest football tournament.

He has to correct this by somehow finding a way to win the world cup. This is the bitter truth

Nonsense.... winning WC don't make u the greatest.... Ronaldo will forever be the true king... we don't support fake goats that fifa helped
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Kingcalls: 6:03pm On Dec 20, 2022
Kentuforchrist:

Trying so hard to defend your penaldo

Lol u will end up getting depressed laslas

Mr 5 penalties..eat that
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by babajero(m): 6:04pm On Dec 20, 2022
JASONjnr:
Anyhow you twist it.....

FIFA refused to push the team forward....

Cameroon trashed Argentina......Argentina team wasn't that good..... Morocco played even better....

But FIFA decided to work their things to change and made Messi to get this cup just to end the argument that CR7 is better than Messi....

But CR7 is still the best of all times and the greatest footballer of our time....
So FIFA gave Messi world cup by awarding 2 penalties to france in final, and FIFA helped Argentina take their penalties that won them the cup, FIFA is the coaches of juventus, manchester united and Portugal that benched Ronaldo because he makes no effort. Make una rest even without world cup ronaldo no reach Messi half.

2 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Raf4: 6:05pm On Dec 20, 2022
Lukuluku69:

A Ballon D'or for you sir for this your post.

Respect!!

Imagine Messi lying down at the back of the wall to defend a Free kick!

From not being in the Top 30 for the Ballin D'or the last Time to being the Number Contender says much about him.

Still Ronaldo is a great player, I guess people who are pissed with him is simply because of his perceived arrogant disposition.

Messi lying down at the back of the wall to defend a free kick actually caught my attention. What a humble superstar! CR7 would rather walk out of the field than doing such.

3 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Lukuluku69(m): 6:06pm On Dec 20, 2022
Pinterest:

I think Ronaldo has few time left, even if he makes the 2026 Portuguese squad and they go all the way, I don’t think he’ll be influential in the winning other than being a squad player.

I’m judging him based on what he does on the field of player and his current form. He’s had a good career though, a career that many past and present footballl can only dream of.

Very true. He has had a splendid career so far. One of the very best. The problem is there is a Messi during his time.

He can still make the Portugal 2026 Squads, but many obstacles are on his way namely the Qualifiers, Age (he will be 41/42)

Well, let us keep our fingers crossed on that, but I know he is not quitting yet.

By the way, would you take him at Arsenal as a stop gap measure for Gabriel Jesus?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Lukuluku69(m): 6:08pm On Dec 20, 2022
Raf4:

Messi lying down at the back of the wall to defend a free kick actually caught my attention. What a humble superstar! CR7 would rather walk out of the field than doing such.

And also forgoing the Number 10 Jersey for Mbappe at PSG without even a word on it.

That was classy of him.

2 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Jokerman(m): 6:13pm On Dec 20, 2022
Pinterest:

How Pendu wan take enter America like this? grin

We go enter.... no worry
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Workch: 6:19pm On Dec 20, 2022
Kingcalls:

Nonsense.... winning WC don't make u the greatest.... Ronaldo will forever be the true king... we don't support fake goats that fifa helped
No world cup, no GOAT debate. Even FIFA knows this

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Pinterest: 6:20pm On Dec 20, 2022
Lukuluku69:

Very true. He has had a splendid career so far. One of the very best. The problem is there is a Messi during his time.

He can still make the Portugal 2026 Squads, but many obstacles are on his way namely the Qualifiers, Age (he will be 41/42)

Well, let us keep our fingers crossed on that, but I know he is not quitting yet.

By the way, would you take him at Arsenal as a stop gap measure for Gabriel Jesus?

Ronaldo would not quit. That’s one of the things I like about him. He has this self believe, though he’s always cocky about it. Wish him the best. Sentiments aside, nothings he’s going to do afterwards will affect Messi’s supremacy. I may be wrong though.

About the bold, you know, I have always thought about it since he’s been linked to us. But I’ve come to the conclusion that I never want to see it happen boss, for a number of reasons.

- Ronaldo is a divisive character, according to reports. We don’t want that in the team.

- Ronaldo ego is hoooge, same with Arteta. And it’s bound to clash at some point. Arteta’s minor clash with Auba will be a minor one lol.

- We need to play as a team more than ever before, throwing Ronaldo into the mix will mean playing for him and not for the team.

- I personally don’t think Ronaldo rates Arsenal, forget about the hype in his Morgan interview. He’ll only join us to proof his doubters wrong and If he hits the ground running, I believe he’ll leave us for a much more bigger team, especially if we don’t end up winning the EPL.

- Arsenal will temporarily inherit his very very toxic fan base. The point is they’ll abuse abuse the coach, his fellow players and his club if things don’t go his way. The other players don’t deserve vile criticism just because they are playing alongside Ronaldo.

- Ronaldo can’t replace Gabriel Jesus in our current set up. Jesus does much more than just scoring. And Ronaldo his just all about scoring, if he doesn’t score in a game, he’s basically useless in other areas.

Boss, there are more but I’d like to stop here grin

4 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Workch: 6:20pm On Dec 20, 2022
Mitsurugi:

So why do you watch the other competitions? You wey follow curse Nigeria too for not winning AFCON. Anyway I'm glad this tiring Messi/CR7 nonsense is over for una mind, make we finally hear word.
What kinda of childish logic is this?

It's like asking why I watch carling up and Copa dey rel if UCl is bigger.

No world cup, no GOAT debate. Simple
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Pinterest: 6:22pm On Dec 20, 2022
Jokerman:

We go enter.... no worry

Pendu no get court case again? grin
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Luckysbab: 6:28pm On Dec 20, 2022
Pinterest:

My Oga, Pendu crashed real bad. This has the be the worst of the worst grace to grass football story, I hope I’m not exaggerating.

Sometimes I want to feel pity for Ronaldo, but when I remember the things he said about Messi, the trolling his sister trolled Messi, downgrading of Messi’s achievements by Pendu’s friends, the disrespect of Messi by those who played with Pendu, especially exUnited players e.g Evra, Keane, Ferdinand (only Rooney was different) even Fergie. Not to talk of, what Pendulum fan girls and Penaldo PR bots on Twitter did to Messi on the streets of social media and even in favourite viewing center. I’ve always known Messi would win eventually, I just didn’t know when. I’m grateful to God for real. And Karma is real!!

I’m proud of you and every other Messi homeboys, it hasn’t been easy. Messi has been feeding us well, we deserve this happiness.

EDIT: Anytime I see a picture of Messi with the WC trophy, I still say to myself, “Messi actually won the World Cup”. I stare at those pics in disbelief!

What sort of pathetic emotional jargons is this?

So you'll have been depressed if he didn't win? How exactly does his situation impact your own life? Are you reasoning properly at all? Are you disconnected from family or loved ones?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Lukuluku69(m): 6:32pm On Dec 20, 2022
Pinterest:

Ronaldo would not quit. That’s one of the things I like about him. He has this self believe, though he’s always cocky about it. Wish him the best. Sentiments aside, nothings he’s going to do afterwards will affect Messi’s supremacy. I may be wrong though.

About the bold, you know, I have always thought about it since he’s been linked to us. But I’ve come to the conclusion that I never want to see it happen boss, for a number of reasons.

- Ronaldo is a divisive character, according to reports. We don’t want that in the team.

- Ronaldo ego is hoooge, same with Arteta. And it’s bound to clash at some point. Arteta’s minor clash with Auba will be a minor one lol.

- We need to play as a team more than ever before, throwing Ronaldo into the mix will mean playing for him and not for the team.

- I personally don’t think Ronaldo rates Arsenal, forget about the hype in his Morgan interview. He’ll only join us to proof his doubters wrong and If he hits the ground running, I believe he’ll leave us for a much more bigger team, especially if we don’t end up winning the EPL.

- Arsenal will temporarily inherit his very very toxic fan base. The point is they’ll abuse abuse the coach, his fellow players and his club if things don’t go his way. The other players don’t deserve vile criticism just because they are playing alongside Ronaldo.

- Ronaldo can replace Gabriel Jesus in our current set up. Jesus does much more than just scoring. And Ronaldo his just all about scoring, if he doesn’t score in a game, he’s basically useless in other areas.

Boss, there are more but I’d like to stop here grin

Well articulated by a Top Goner that you are.

Respect!

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Pinterest: 6:32pm On Dec 20, 2022
Luckysbab:

What sort of pathetic emotional jargons is this?

So you'll have been depressed if he didn't win? How exactly does his situation impact your own life? Are you reasoning properly at all? Are you disconnected from family or loved ones?

Go and ask your father.

Depression to you and your folks.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Kingcalls: 6:33pm On Dec 20, 2022
Workch:
No world cup, no GOAT debate. Even FIFA knows this

But there was goat debate when Ronaldo first won a cup with his national team.... Argument then was first to win national Cup...una still no gree..... Ronaldo remaind the greatest of all time...his over a billion fans still believe that he is the greatest, ur fake world cup can't change that
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Pinterest: 6:37pm On Dec 20, 2022
Lukuluku69:

Well articulated by a Top Goner that you are.

Respect!

Salute!!! My Oga.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by OJEEMAH(m): 6:39pm On Dec 20, 2022
Numerouno94:

Pendulums re still hoping the whole world cup saga is a dream. The painment is 2much. Pendu's sis called it the worst world cup eva.kikikigringrin
To crown it all Al-Nassr's president has denied linking his club to Pendu. In his words "who is Pendu? I don't knw any Pendu"grin
Pendu should jux retire ND go into Telemundo.grin
Most Pendulums hv deactivated their monikers ND re on wit new monikers. Tank U Lord for this xmas present to Messi ND all his Loyal fans world wide. I luv Messi.
it’s a mirage they will have to live with forever bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Workch: 6:44pm On Dec 20, 2022
Kingcalls:

But there was goat debate when Ronaldo first won a cup with his national team.... Argument then was first to win national Cup...una still no gree..... Ronaldo remaind the greatest of all time...his over a billion fans still believe that he is the greatest, ur fake world cup can't change that
levels Don change. Make Ronaldo level up.

Him with Messi no be mates again

2 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Jokerman(m): 6:45pm On Dec 20, 2022
Pinterest:

Pendu no get court case again? grin

No court case bro. He has already been acquitted of all wrongdoing. Make God keep us alive. grin

Pessi don free now... choi grin
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by OJEEMAH(m): 6:45pm On Dec 20, 2022
AImiron:
I got carried away the main moniker chop 2 days ban, this na backup. I sight you my brother. We deserve this moment, this is our moment. God bless you
wetin you do wey dey ban you? Abeg careful this period cos Obembet and her puppies(MODs) no Dey happy this period.

God bless you too bro. Merry Christmas!
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Sagamite(m): 6:47pm On Dec 20, 2022
JASONjnr:
Anyhow you twist it.....

Cameroon trashed Argentina......Argentina team wasn't that good..... Morocco played even better....

But FIFA decided to work their things to change and made Messi to get this cup just to end the argument that CR7 is better than Messi....

But CR7 is still the best of all times and the greatest footballer of our time....

You are a pure and unadulterated reeetard!

You can sit down, type this kind of brainless nonsense and associate it with yourself?

You really need to be leading the chant to stone Nigerian politicians. They have destroyed your life and future to the point you are too stupid to be employable or manage anything effectively in life.

Product of a failed education system!

You are closer to monkeys than humans.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Pinterest: 6:48pm On Dec 20, 2022
Jokerman:

No court case bro. He has already been acquitted of all wrongdoing. Make God keep us alive. grin

Eyah...I’m happy for you and Pendu.

Oya make we use this picture take celebrate.. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by OJEEMAH(m): 6:49pm On Dec 20, 2022
JooEeL:

Chai, Ronaldo fans will cry blood. This pain is too heavy for them.
We never even start. They did worse between 2016 & 2021…….they will be paid in equal measure.

See screenshots

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Alapogentle: 6:52pm On Dec 20, 2022
Sense de wetin you talk now? I no de surprise most ronaldo fans get low IQ
JASONjnr:
Anyhow you twist it.....

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Workch: 6:53pm On Dec 20, 2022
Jokerman:

Even Modric can be regarded as c greater than Ronaldo atm.
Modric has a world cup golden ball, bronze medla and silver medal.

Ronaldo is not part of the best 10 players in history atm
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Starz825(m): 6:54pm On Dec 20, 2022
Fira09:

Penaldian, which of the Cameroon are you making reference to?

The most key thing now is that Messi and Argentina are the winner of 2022 World Cup, dude you can wail till eternity.

But guy what's your obsession with cr7....

Messi is better than cr7 ...we all know ...

Leave the guy ...and make you rest...

Messi just carry WC...na Messi news you suppose dey post ...but your foolishness no go let you be....

Cr7 this cr7 that...

He no dey tire he na? ...

Messi and Ronaldo are goat for me .... whether you like it or not... people will still make their choices....

Sunday oliseh say both Messi and Ronaldo no be him goat say na Pele

So rest and face your life abeg....
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by AImiron: 6:55pm On Dec 20, 2022
OJEEMAH:
wetin you do wey dey ban you? Abeg careful this period cos Obembet and her puppies(MODs) no Dey happy this period.

God bless you too bro. Merry Christmas!
Dem talk say I too abuse one Pendu fan like that ni, don't mind the mods.

Merry Christmas and happy New year in advance to you too my brother

Leo don give use everlasting Christmas and New year gift

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by OJEEMAH(m): 6:58pm On Dec 20, 2022
Peacecore:
Chai! Is God not wonderful? This ur last picture mad ehh. God really save Messi and we here. Whr we 4 get mouth defend Messi among dis uncouth people. I was literally tired during that equalizer goal. God run am for us o
Aswear bro…….If Argentina had lost, it would have been more disastrous for his fans.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Jokerman(m): 6:59pm On Dec 20, 2022
Workch:
Even Modric can be regarded as c greater than Ronaldo atm.
Modric has a world cup golden ball, bronze medla and silver medal.

Ronaldo is not part of the best 10 players in history atm

Of cos.

Varane is bigger than Maldini grin
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Starz825(m): 7:05pm On Dec 20, 2022
Sagamite:

You are a pure and unadulterated reeetard!

You can sit down, type this kind of brainless nonsense and associate it with yourself?

You really need to be leading the chant to stone Nigerian politicians. They have destroyed your life and future to the point you are too stupid to be employable or manage anything effectively in life.

Product of a failed education system!

You are closer to monkeys than humans.

Bros ...you sick you no just know...

The guy said cr7 is his own goat....
That's his opinion
You can't change that even if you think otherwise...
Na wa for you....

Messi is better than Ronaldo but Ronaldo has achieved up to the level of having his own fan base support him too(with or without a WC trophy)

Messi is not the only player who played football...

Someone was even telling me ibrahimovic is his goat.. another person said Pele....

Make he na rest abeg...

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by LivinusOnyi: 7:15pm On Dec 20, 2022
JASONjnr:
Anyhow you twist it.....

the most insane write-up ever, you look miserable on this. Hate no dey tire you??

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply)

AFCON Qualifiers: Mancity Writes About Iheanacho / Golden Eaglets Arrive Abuja After FIFA U-17 World Cup Victory / Wilfred Ndidi Named The Best Tackler In English Premier League

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.