Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,507 members, 7,830,518 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

National Identification Number (NIN) Tokenization: What You Should Know - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Identification Number (NIN) Tokenization: What You Should Know (30176 Views)

No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill / NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? / Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Identification Number (NIN) Tokenization: What You Should Know by vizboy(m): 1:53pm On Dec 21, 2022
I always wonder why the NIN and voters card can't be one.

In Kenya your National ID also serves as your voters card. Thereby almost everyone has an ID.

1 Like

Re: National Identification Number (NIN) Tokenization: What You Should Know by CrownLands(m): 1:56pm On Dec 21, 2022
RZArecta:
Is it those tiny things you expect me to read ? undecided

Try using reading glasses. It's an important information.
Re: National Identification Number (NIN) Tokenization: What You Should Know by toluxe0075: 1:57pm On Dec 21, 2022
Balderdash!!!! The same NIMC that couldn’t release ordinary ID card are coming up with more sophisticated updates that won’t work.

Ordinary ID card they cannot produce. Oya, the online card you asked us to print make it full details, dem no gree. Even their portal where dem dey do identity verification is not always available.

What’s the use of NIN if I can’t use it as a means of verification and identification outside Nigeria system?
Nigerians still have to rely on passport and Drivers license to do verification outside of Nigerian system.
Re: National Identification Number (NIN) Tokenization: What You Should Know by CrownLands(m): 1:57pm On Dec 21, 2022
vizboy:
I always wonder why the NIN and voters card can't be one.

In Kenya your National ID also serves as your voters card. Thereby almost everyone has an ID.

I wonder myself.
Re: National Identification Number (NIN) Tokenization: What You Should Know by weljewel: 1:58pm On Dec 21, 2022
Thanks be to God I am complete.
Re: National Identification Number (NIN) Tokenization: What You Should Know by weljewel: 1:58pm On Dec 21, 2022
Thanks be to God I am complete and it is permanent.
Re: National Identification Number (NIN) Tokenization: What You Should Know by Nobody: 1:59pm On Dec 21, 2022
ACRI:
NIMC is riddled with corruption

That's why they have great ideas with poor execution.

Years ago, I knew one of their ogas who was running his private firm with the resources of NIMC.

that means Nigerias and their leaders alike are the same. The only difference is the opportunity pool. One has it more than the other.
Re: National Identification Number (NIN) Tokenization: What You Should Know by MrHighSea: 2:04pm On Dec 21, 2022
Is money involved?

If yes, NEXT?
Re: National Identification Number (NIN) Tokenization: What You Should Know by erico2k2(m): 2:04pm On Dec 21, 2022
Technomics:
Infact when I was trying to link my NIN With my network providers they refused to link it for over 3 months until I generated a virtual token
MayB I should try this cos I still dont have a number to my name cos of the NIN shyte
Re: National Identification Number (NIN) Tokenization: What You Should Know by erico2k2(m): 2:05pm On Dec 21, 2022
MrHighSea:
Is money involved?

If yes, NEXT?
ahah i dnt think so since its USSD
Re: National Identification Number (NIN) Tokenization: What You Should Know by saintruky(m): 2:09pm On Dec 21, 2022
girlygirlyMain:
DON'T DOWNLOAD THIS APP OR USE THE TOKENIZATION!!!

Why?
Re: National Identification Number (NIN) Tokenization: What You Should Know by uuzba(m): 2:14pm On Dec 21, 2022
erico2k2:

ahah i dnt think so since its USSD
Tomorrow now you will hear billion-billion was spent..
Re: National Identification Number (NIN) Tokenization: What You Should Know by Nobody: 2:16pm On Dec 21, 2022
toluxe0075:
Balderdash!!!! The same NIMC that couldn’t release ordinary ID card are coming up with more sophisticated updates that won’t work.

Ordinary ID card they cannot produce. Oya, the online card you asked us to print make it full details, dem no gree. Even their portal where dem dey do identity verification is not always available.

What’s the use of NIN if I can’t use it as a means of verification and identification outside Nigeria system?
Nigerians still have to rely on passport and Drivers license to do verification outside of Nigerian system.
I tell you! The whole thing is crap!
Re: National Identification Number (NIN) Tokenization: What You Should Know by Mercury12(m): 2:19pm On Dec 21, 2022
RZArecta:
nawa o
Re: National Identification Number (NIN) Tokenization: What You Should Know by fof1: 2:20pm On Dec 21, 2022
RZArecta:

Go to the Site....Online to Orient Yourself, Pls
Re: National Identification Number (NIN) Tokenization: What You Should Know by Mercury12(m): 2:23pm On Dec 21, 2022
gypsey:
I tell you! The whole thing is crap!
well new policies meant new ways to cash out in Nigeria.
They will claimed they want their part of the national cake undecided
Re: National Identification Number (NIN) Tokenization: What You Should Know by erico2k2(m): 2:25pm On Dec 21, 2022
uuzba:

Tomorrow now you will hear billion-billion was spent..
ahaha nah true, nah their way
Re: National Identification Number (NIN) Tokenization: What You Should Know by Bigchristo: 2:25pm On Dec 21, 2022
nlfpmod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwrVyzXLa14

NATIONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (NIN) TOKENIZATION

Why Do I Need Tokenisation & How is it Beneficial to Me? See the images below.

https://mobile.twitter.com/nimc_ng/status/1605489411721814016?t=tCcWKtwH3y7q9OpcGnLCEg&s=08

https://nimc.gov.ng/nin-tokenization/
NIMC should first go and make their website portal for linking NIN with SIM card accessible to telecommunications companies and individuals before talking about Tokenization, Nigeria want to be like the rest of the world but always end up doing poor things
Re: National Identification Number (NIN) Tokenization: What You Should Know by Fjord: 2:26pm On Dec 21, 2022
Is it necessary? embarassed
Re: National Identification Number (NIN) Tokenization: What You Should Know by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 21, 2022
Mercury12:
well new policies meant new ways to cash out in Nigeria.
They will claimed they want their part of the national cake undecided
Absolutely! and once they cash out, they dump the "new" policies halfway as the funds meant to follow it through has being looted and shared amongst them cheesy in few years they will think up another "new":policies. Nigerian politcians are fantastically corrupt.

1 Like

Re: National Identification Number (NIN) Tokenization: What You Should Know by MarketDispatch: 2:31pm On Dec 21, 2022
nlfpmod:

Nigerians hardly get any social benefits....NIN has been turned to N20 naira Cash generating Cash Machine. I was charged 3 times just to generate virtual NIN to link to Original NIN.

Re: National Identification Number (NIN) Tokenization: What You Should Know by FireUpNow(m): 2:38pm On Dec 21, 2022
Guys in the house please I want to change the picture on my NIN because the premium NIN I did on plastic is not very clear as it looks like a black and white photo. How can it be done in colour and sharp?
Re: National Identification Number (NIN) Tokenization: What You Should Know by MVLOX(m): 2:40pm On Dec 21, 2022
Nice
Re: National Identification Number (NIN) Tokenization: What You Should Know by TUANKU(m): 2:45pm On Dec 21, 2022
girlygirlyMain:
DON'T DOWNLOAD THIS APP OR USE THE TOKENIZATION!!!
Una go just post anything without providing any valid reasons. I've been using it since last year and i have not encountered any problems, give me a reason why i should stop.
Re: National Identification Number (NIN) Tokenization: What You Should Know by CaptainFM1: 2:48pm On Dec 21, 2022
RZArecta:

The App is straight forward to use and it's self explanatory as well. Generating the Virtual NIN/Token is as easy as ABC once you get the App.
Re: National Identification Number (NIN) Tokenization: What You Should Know by CaptainFM1: 2:53pm On Dec 21, 2022
TUANKU:

Una go just post anything without providing any valid reasons. I've been using it since last year and i have not encountered any problems, give me a reason why i should stop.

Don't mind them. They will not try something to see how it works. All they do is complain and stay in the caveman age of providing utility bills to verify their identities. I've been using the Virtual NIN/Token for about 8months and I can concur with you that it works perfect and take off stresses of photocopying documents unnecessarily for me.

1 Like

Re: National Identification Number (NIN) Tokenization: What You Should Know by ALFADOS(m): 3:27pm On Dec 21, 2022
nlfpmod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwrVyzXLa14

NATIONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (NIN) TOKENIZATION

Why Do I Need Tokenisation & How is it Beneficial to Me? See the images below.

https://mobile.twitter.com/nimc_ng/status/1605489411721814016?t=tCcWKtwH3y7q9OpcGnLCEg&s=08

following
Re: National Identification Number (NIN) Tokenization: What You Should Know by etrange: 3:43pm On Dec 21, 2022
KAjAsG:
Doesn't make any sense .
Will it stop people from being kidnapped ?

So because it will not stop people from being kidnapped, it is not worth implementing? National development should be paused until one issue is resolved? That's your own idea of an ideal government? You guys just want to criticize everything regardless of whether it is good or bad. You don't even care what it is, your own is to shout "nonsense!" SIN in Canada doesn't stop the high cost of living. SSN in the US doesn't stop school shooting. NIN in the UK doesn't stop theft. TIN in Australia doesn't stop the natural disasters there. But in your infinite wisdom, if the NIN in Nigeria does not stop people from being kidnapped, it is nonsense.

Learn to separate concerns and discuss issues individually. Kidnapping is very bad, but it should not stop the country from pursuing development on multiple fronts. With NIN, wanted individuals can easily be cut off social services. It also tackles tax evasion, financial fraud, census challenges, pension planning challenges, debt/loan management challenges, insurance challenges etc. It ties all the subsystems together as a common primary key and makes data management easy. Even if all these benefits are not immediately realised, the implementation is the first step.

So you can call out the government for not doing enough to stop the incessant kidnapping, but you must learn to live above not being able to separate concerns.
Re: National Identification Number (NIN) Tokenization: What You Should Know by RZArecta(m): 3:49pm On Dec 21, 2022
CaptainFM1:

The App is straight forward to use and it's self explanatory as well. Generating the Virtual NIN/Token is as easy as ABC once you get the App.
na joke I dey joke o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ghana President-Elect, Akufo-Addo Visits Buhari (Photos) / Obaseki's Disqualification: Charles Idahosa Says APC Is Dead In Edo / Peter Obi Visits Premium Kidney Hospital In Anambra State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.