Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,970 members, 7,838,459 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

Would You Date An Atheist? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Date An Atheist? (13810 Views)

Photos: Guys Can You Date This Beatiful Damsel? / Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? / Would You Date An Older Girl? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Sep 01, 2011
"All this 'NO' response is bc none of you have been privileged to meet any of us." What privilege exists in meeting an atheist See this guy o. he even said a " world without religion is blablabla" lol u are very funny. You should try to  to explain to everyone here what you think about the origin life before you begin the post gibberish about the non existence of God. Did life just began by accidents? See, wetin dey worry una sef. Atheist this! Atheist That! una they copy oyinbo say una get one belief. Atheist my foot!! If you can give me a reasonable explanation of the origin of life on earth, then I would say u even have plausible reasons for your actions. Just thank your whatever say God na Patient being, he for pounce on top your head so that you go know say he no be your mate. Atheist.com u go fear na,
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by harakiri(m): 5:30pm On Sep 01, 2011
@Da Doctor, Please,could you explain this "truth" you mentioned? I ask because a lof of people seem to forget that most atheists were not only born into religion but were raised by it (I used to be a bible class leader myself in the past). A lot of us became Atheists because the enormous doubts that had no answers. What truth? In the bible? The same bible that tells stories of a man who lived in the belly of a fish for THREE DAYS with no oxygen,food,air nor was he chewed or digested. He just sat in a corner of the stomach and was vomitted 3 days later! A bible that talks about a man who tore a lion into two from it's mouth and the lion merely watched and did nothing? This same man killed over 300 men (armed with spears,swords and shields) with ordinary jaw bone from a donkey! This same man brought down an entire temple by merely pushing the pillars! A bible were donkeys speak and sticks turn into snakes. A bible were god is carried in a box called the holy tabernacle. A bible were a man who had been dead,decomposed and degutted "rose from the dead" are three days. How about the virgin who got pregnant without sex? How about feeding a whole FIVE THOUSAND people with only 5 loaves of bread and two fish (me and my younger brother can eat that alone). How about the man who "told" the sun to stand still? How about the man who trekked all over the world,carrying every species on his head and trekked back to his origin to drop them in an ark whose biblical measurements isn't even up to the average tugboat? I can't type much with my phone and I don't want to derail this thread, so abeg, make una watch wetin una dey talk oooo! Nuff said!
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by harakiri(m): 5:38pm On Sep 01, 2011
@ekwah, The only reason you are a christian today is because the trader traders brought their religion to your forefathers. You should ponder on that before you start talking as if Christianity has been part of your roots since time immemorial.
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by mimi2002: 5:43pm On Sep 01, 2011
Capital YES! I hv bn dating ds guy for 4 years now! He is far better than those hypocrite called brother in the church. He follows the biblical principles without him being a christian, he does not lie, cheat, dupe, or manipulate, it wasnt easy initially but God himself has given me grace n i pray i hope someday God himself will open his eyes n grant him grace to salvation. Salvation is not by power it is by grace. U cannot change a porson by being forceful u change a person by showing so much love which the bible sayz God himself is Love n i can boldly say most pple aint got this. Cheers
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by ektbear: 5:57pm On Sep 01, 2011
Yep. And I have.
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Sep 01, 2011
mimi2002:

Capital YES! I hv bn dating ds guy for 4 years now! He is far better than those hypocrite called brother in the church. He follows the biblical principles without him being a christian, he does not lie, cheat, dupe, or manipulate,[b] it wasnt easy initially but God himself has given me grace n i pray i hope someday God himself will open his eyes n grant him grace to salvation. Salvation is not by power it is by grace. U cannot change a porson by being forceful u change a person by showing so much love which the bible sayz God himself is Love n i can boldly say most pple aint got this. [/b]Cheers

Well that's true. The bible even says if you find yourself in such a position i.e married to an unbeliever, the virtues you listed are all you need to uphold. I also hope God gives you the grace to tolerate. wink
But I will not willingly enter into it. grin
Dating/Marriage is not a criteria to spread the good news. We can all be friendssssss. grin
And being Christian is not a ticket to be called Mr. Stillwater either. The wheat still needs to be separated from the chaff.
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by harakiri(m): 6:07pm On Sep 01, 2011
@mimi2002, Well said but you didn't state if he was a christian or not (maybe he's agnostic). My point is,religious people have this illusion that religion and morality are intertwined. If that is true, then Nigeria should be the most peaceful and prosperous nation in the world because we easily pass as the most religious (with churches almost equal to the number of houses) but what do we see? Strife,hunger,hardship,corruption,tribalism,hatred,no value for human life etc. Compare this with Leichestein that is rated as one of the most non-religious countries in the world (an nation of Atheists). They have one of the best economies,good per capita income,next to zero crime rate,stability and their plants/animals have MORE RIGHTS than the average Nigerian! So much for the benefits of religion. The most open and honest people I have ever come across are Atheists (and we are so few). If a bank cashier over pays an Atheist, his moral compass prompts him to alert the banker but if such happens to a Theist, they will grab it and walk out of the bank and they will justify everything as "the work of god". Years ago when I visited church, I remember a lady testifying about the "Abuja contract" she just won and the entire congregation was going wild coz the contract ran into hundreds of millions. We all know that what she was advertising was her chance to steal govt funds (talk about a real religious moral compass). In that same church, another "brother in the lord" came to testify of his malaysian visa that had been approved after trying for years and he waved the passport for all to see (and I waz like "what da phuck is dat?"wink. Whenever I'm going into a transaction with a religious person who calls god,god,god in almost every sentence, my reg flags are raised coz from personal experience,7 of out 10 are going to look for ways to either cheat,rip or short change you (in the name of the lord). Is there any top govt official who isn't religious? Things are moving from bad to worse in Nigeria and all the govt can say is "pray for the nation" and the masses can't think. Should anything happen (e.g if nigeria goes into anarchy), these religious thieves have private jets on standby to get them out of the country to one of their numerous mansions scattered worldwide. Meanwhile, the prayer warriors butcher themselves to death. Utterly pathetic!
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by mrofficial(m): 6:12pm On Sep 01, 2011
Who go date or marry the living dead?  shocked shocked shocked
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by claremont(m): 6:15pm On Sep 01, 2011
harakiri:

@mimi2002, Well said but you didn't state if he was a christian or not (maybe he's agnostic). My point is,religious people have this illusion that religion and morality are intertwined. If that is true, then Nigeria should be the most peaceful and prosperous nation in the world because we easily pass as the most religious (with churches almost equal to the number of houses) but what do we see? Strife,hunger,hardship,corruption,tribalism,hatred,no value for human life etc. Compare this with Leichestein that is rated as one of the most non-religious countries in the world (an nation of Atheists). They have one of the best economies,good per capita income,next to zero crime rate,stability and their plants/animals have MORE RIGHTS than the average Nigerian! So much for the benefits of religion. The most open and honest people I have ever come across are Atheists (and we are so few). If a bank cashier over pays an Atheist, his moral compass prompts him to alert the banker but if such happens to a Theist, they will grab it and walk out of the bank and they will justify everything as "the work of god". Years ago when I visited church, I remember a lady testifying about the "Abuja contract" she just won and the entire congregation was going wild coz the contract ran into hundreds of millions. We all know that what she was advertising was her chance to steal govt funds (talk about a real religious moral compass). In that same church, another "brother in the lord" came to testify of his malaysian visa that had been approved after trying for years and he waved the passport for all to see (and I waz like "what da phuck is dat?"wink. Whenever I'm going into a transaction with a religious person who calls god,god,god in almost every sentence, my reg flags are raised coz from personal experience,7 of out 10 are going to look for ways to either cheat,rip or short change you (in the name of the lord). Is there any top govt official who isn't religious? Things are moving from bad to worse in Nigeria and all the govt can say is "pray for the nation" and the masses can't think. Should anything happen (e.g if nigeria goes into anarchy), these religious thieves have private jets on standby to get them out of the country to one of their numerous mansions scattered worldwide. Meanwhile, the prayer warriors butcher themselves to death. Utterly pathetic!
Actually, the day religious people start thinking with their head, rather than going about ranting like mad elves, is the day we can have a reasonable debate with them. The height of their ignorance about issues outside their narrow religious box is shocking! shocked shocked
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by humpito(m): 6:23pm On Sep 01, 2011
Never! Life abhors vacuum, if she doesn't believe in God then she believes in someone else.
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by globexl: 6:23pm On Sep 01, 2011
@pendo 89;

Who is qualified and by what means do we discern the things of god? Who do we trust to interpret the wish of this god? pastors and priests? Ha hah hah. Very convenient. We cannot discern the ways of god, so we have to trust someone or some group to feed us with god's truth.ha ha ha ah.  That is the CLASSIC method, the  very basis for religious fraud.
The point we atheist or non beleivers try to make in these types of debates is quite simple. religious faith, no matter what it means or does for you inside of you, is and has been untrustworhty and unreliable as a basis for unstanding our universe, our environment, and our lives and our interactions with ourselve and our environment and our place in the universe. History is my proof of that above statement.
Reason, borne out of observation, experimentation and analysis have proven to be more universal, more reliable and predictable tools to confront the challanges of living.
keep your faith where it belongs, in the sacred precints of your mind, heart or soul.  Do not expect me to trust or rely on what emanates from your mind or heart or soul to mould my life and my philosophy. Faith might be good and blissful for you, but out side of your mind, it takes on a dangerous persona. It becomes very descructive. Again, history is my proof.

The world would better off without it( my opinion).
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by harakiri(m): 6:26pm On Sep 01, 2011
Sometimes, when I read the some of the comments here, I get this nagging feeling that this present generation is a lost cause. The naivety, the ignorance and level of low IQ is so staggering, it almost brings tears to my eyes.
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Sagamite(m): 6:33pm On Sep 01, 2011
harakiri:

Sometimes, when I read the some of the comments here, I get this nagging feeling that this present generation is a lost cause. The naivety, the ignorance and level of low IQ is so staggering, it almost brings tears to my eyes.

It doesn't help when they think Gaddafi is the kind of leader we should be having in the 21st century especially in Africa and that people actually love Gaddafi. The IQ is surely very low!
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by pendo89(f): 6:34pm On Sep 01, 2011
globexl:

@pendo 89;

Again, history is my proof.

The world would better off without it[b]( my opinion).[/b]

AMEN.

The beauty of choices just do what you love doing.no big deal
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by MrsChima(f): 6:35pm On Sep 01, 2011
I want to hump Sagamite oooo
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Goldieluks: 6:40pm On Sep 01, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Don't get mad at me because they tearing your arse up.   grin grin grin grin

You can't be serious Nigga Chima,hope there aint no sore up your asss today.
how's your hubby and the preggnannccy?
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by globexl: 6:40pm On Sep 01, 2011
harakiri:

Mine too my brother. I remember back in 1992, one of  our modern day thinkers, Prof. Wole Soyinka, lamented loudly that there was a dearth of Intelligence in the land. Today, it's more like an epidemic of stupidity in the land.
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by MrsChima(f): 6:42pm On Sep 01, 2011
Goldieluks:

You can't be serious Nigga Chima,hope there aint no sore up your asss today.
how's your hubby and the preggnannccy?

How's your fiance and the lovely life of love?
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by claremont(m): 6:43pm On Sep 01, 2011
globexl:

Mine too my brother. I remember back in 1992, one of  our modern day thinkers, Prof. Wole Soyinka, lamented loudly that there was a dearth of Intelligence in the land. Today, it's more like an epidemic of stupidity in the land.
Seconded! The epidemic seems to be spreading at an alarming rate!
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Goldieluks: 6:50pm On Sep 01, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

How's your fiance and the lovely life of love?

He's very fine thanks,
you didn't answer my questions boss.
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by harakiri(m): 6:50pm On Sep 01, 2011
@sagamite, If Ghaddafi were to contest with GEJ or IBB or Atiku, he would win by not only a landslide rather with a continental shift (even with all the rigging, he'll win). A man who paid $500 in EACH citizens account monthly plus giving $60,000 to every newly weds to start life. Gas was sold at 14cents per gallon,housing for all, no pros.ti.tutes on the street,no hungry libyans,he single handed dropped a whooping $300million for africa to have its first satellite instead of african countries paying $500million as satellite "fees" each year! This is a man who pushed the idea of the African Union. This is a man who had a dream for all african countries to become united with ONE CURRENCY (just like the US and EU). The western forces fighting him know that if this comes to pass, Africa automatically becomes the strongest nation on earth and a world power. This is what they are fighting against and not the hogwash CNN and BBC feed you with. You are such a dunce and a reetard. Seems you are desperately trying to derail this thread.
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Dsense(m): 6:52pm On Sep 01, 2011
Op.
We all possess different interpretation towards life and the surrounding. To me I would never date an Atheist.
A sensible and real human must base his life on a specific background,religion and faith, otherwise so many bad attitudes would erupt while the person is probably still thinkin he's doing a right thing because there is no Holy book he or she could consult in order to verify if he or she was right or wrong!!!
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by MrsChima(f): 6:52pm On Sep 01, 2011
Goldieluks:

He's very fine thanks,
you didn't answer my questions boss.

Everything is going swimmingly well.  Thanks for asking.  kiss
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Sagamite(m): 6:57pm On Sep 01, 2011
harakiri:

@sagamite, If Ghaddafi were to contest with GEJ or IBB or Atiku, he would win by not only a landslide rather with a continental shift (even with all the rigging, he'll win). A man who paid $500 in EACH citizens account monthly plus giving $60,000 to every newly weds to start life. Gas was sold at 14cents per gallon,housing for all, no pros.ti.tutes on the street,no hungry libyans,he single handed dropped a whooping $300million for africa to have its first satellite instead of african countries paying $500million as satellite "fees" each year! This is a man who pushed the idea of the African Union. This is a man who had a dream for all african countries to become united with ONE CURRENCY (just like the US and EU). The western forces fighting him know that if this comes to pass, Africa automatically becomes the strongest nation on earth and a world power. This is what they are fighting against and not the hogwash CNN and BBC feed you with. You are such a dunce and a reetard. Seems you are desperately trying to derail this thread.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Oh God!  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

This is the man talking about others' low IQ, ignorance and naivety?  grin grin grin grin

So dishing out public money arbitrarily is how sane leaders lead? Cretin!  grin

You are the kind of fools that they distribute bags of rice to before elections and you think they are the best government ever.  grin

Dumbshyt! They have bastardised your mentality. You should not be crying for others, cry for yourself.
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Goldieluks: 6:57pm On Sep 01, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Everything is going swimmingly well.  Thanks for asking.  kiss

wink wink
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by globexl: 7:00pm On Sep 01, 2011
D-sense:

Op.
We all possess different interpretation towards life and the surrounding. To me I would never date an Athiest.
A sensible and real human must base his life on a specific background,religion and faith, otherwise so many bad attitudes would erupt while the person is probably still thinkin he's doing a right thing because there is no Holy book he or she could consult in order to verify if he or she was right or wrong!!!
Ha ha ha. Another convoluted logic. You are saying that faith and religion are the ideal regualtors of human behavoir to toward good? That is hogwash. Religion and holy books have been with us for thousands of years. How far have they gone in helping to establish the ideal human society? c'mon answer that? was it religion, faith or the holy books that give you all the freedoms and previledges you enjoy as a human beaing today? History shows that the opposite has been the case.
If you must have some background to feel real and sensible as a human being, why did you not stick with traditions and faiths of your forefathers? Were they wrong?
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by sexsinners(m): 7:01pm On Sep 01, 2011
if i was God and i  saw this  i would of strike everyone of you that said you would.

thank Go0d i am not hahahahaha
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by harakiri(m): 7:03pm On Sep 01, 2011
@sexsinners, If your god truly exists, let him strike me dead before my next comment.
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by claremont(m): 7:08pm On Sep 01, 2011
sexsinners:

if i was God and i  saw this  i would of strike everyone of you that said you would.

thank Go0d i am not hahahahaha
You might as well pray that your God will should remove all Atheists from the planet, I bet he is just waiting for your prayer in order to strike us dead; if the bible is to be believed, God indeed has a reputation for indulging in violence and genocide!
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by harakiri(m): 7:15pm On Sep 01, 2011
@Sagamite, Actually, its your dysfunctional brain that has been bastardized! The US government has wasted more lives in the past 3years via meddling in the affairs of others than Ghaddafi's entire 42yrs! ! ! And you have the guts to talk. Countless innocent lives were lost in the middle east due to their greed for oil which they termed "war on terror". How many weapons of mass destruction (WMD's) did they find there? Did they find even one single isotope of radiation? Apart from the US, which other countries have used nuclear weapons on humans? And these are the same people that play "saint". There is no country in the world that doesn't have civil strife whereby the govt is forced to use brute force. When Obasanjo wiped out the entire communites of Odi and Zaki Ibiam,where was NATO? What came out of it? NOTHING! And this happened in a democratic setting. The man is moving about freely in Nigeria and you are there talking about the $hit BBC and CNN has filled your empty skull with. Reetard! ! !
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Sagamite(m): 7:17pm On Sep 01, 2011
harakiri:

@Sagamite, Actually, its your dysfunctional brain that has been bastardized! The US government has wasted more lives in the past 3years via meddling in the affairs of others than Ghaddafi's entire 42yrs! ! ! And you have the guts to talk. Countless innocent lives were lost in the middle east due to their greed for oil which they termed "war on terror". How many weapons of mass destruction (WMD's) did they find there? Did they find even one single isotope of radiation? Apart from the US, which other countries have used nuclear weapons on humans? And these are the same people that play "saint". There is no country in the world that doesn't have civil strife whereby the govt is forced to use brute force. When Obasanjo wiped out the entire communites of Odi and Zaki Ibiam,where was NATO? What came out of it? NOTHING! And this happened in a democratic setting. The man is moving about freely in Nigeria and you are there talking about the $hit BBC and CNN has filled your empty skull with. Reetard! ! !

You are a cretin!

Is dishing out large sums of money how sane leaders run a country?

Can you see how dumb you are now? You see that I no lie. You should have continued running.
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Cuddlemii: 7:31pm On Sep 01, 2011
@Pendo

Thank you. I have never met an Atheist before in my life probably because I am in Naija so I just wanted a clearer view on intimacy as other aspects of marriage has been discussed here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

VIDEO: Miyonse Of Big Brother Naija Have Se.x With His “boo”, Tboss / Pls How Can A Female Cope With An Inverted Nipple. / Black Vs Yellow Skin Ladies, Which One Do You Prefer (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.