Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,164 members, 7,842,345 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

Would You Date An Atheist? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Date An Atheist? (13816 Views)

Photos: Guys Can You Date This Beatiful Damsel? / Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? / Would You Date An Older Girl? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by hercules07: 3:07pm On Sep 01, 2011
Fantastic contribution from globexl, that is what life is all about, live and let live.
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by lagcity(m): 3:07pm On Sep 01, 2011
if you like "talking" to God, i can sort of give you a pass. But if u hear God talking back to you, ol boy, you don mental be dat ooo!
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Sep 01, 2011
I can but would not. I date who I would like to marry.
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by hercules07: 3:09pm On Sep 01, 2011
lagcity this your contribution na something else o, do you know how many people don kolo by your definition (miilions of Nigerians hear from God). Cuddlemi, if your sin o meter is at 30%, you are hell bound o, you either go to 0 % or kuku reach 95%.
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Sagamite(m): 3:10pm On Sep 01, 2011
kpolli:

So your judging Christianity based one pastor. . . .

It is obvious you have never experienced a miracle or u dunno how to appreciate one. . . .

Wake up, u didn't create the world. . . Someone did and He aint human. . . .

Because if we evolved, by now humans wud have grown wings

Where did you see me judge Xtianity based on one pastor?

There is nothing that is real you have experienced, you can experience or you will experience that I have not, can not or will not. Your life is no better being in any religion.

So, OK, someone created the world. Who created who created the world.

That wing thing is silly. Don't use such layman argument again with me.

stillwater:

I can but would not. I date who I would like to marry.

You see, you are getting old.

So you would have dated me 2 years ago, now you no go because you wan walk down altar in the next 2 years. tongue grin
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by lagcity(m): 3:11pm On Sep 01, 2011
Cuddlemii:

Never. Even in my crazy self, I still wanna make heaven so bad. So I don't let my sinful ways go beyond 30%. Dating an atheist is romancing an unbeliever with another god, that should get me to 90% on sin-meter cos we are exchanging spirit as we have fun.

So I like my solo life. My sins are with my utterances 30% and not intimacy (which would take me to 45% depending on the duration & velocity, you need an extra meter for that).

30% is fair to me. Atheist ke, I wont sleep well shocked shocked shocked

yay! 30% is the cutoff mark? i laugh in punjabi cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Excelboi(m): 3:11pm On Sep 01, 2011
Cuddlemii:

Never. Even in my crazy self, I still wanna make heaven so bad. So I don't let my sinful ways go beyond 30%. Dating an atheist is romancing an unbeliever with another god, that should get me to 90% on sin-meter cos we are exchanging spirit as we have fun.

So I like my solo life. My sins are with my utterances 30% and not intimacy (which would take me to 45% depending on the duration & velocity, you need an extra meter for that).

Now you are heading elsewhere, bn an atheist doesnt mean you are worshipping anoda god or gods and i dnt see how dat cn affect you if you marry an atheist! You do urz,he do is! Abi
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Goldieluks: 3:12pm On Sep 01, 2011
Sagamite:

Shut up, foool!

Half-wit illiterate, dogmatically spewing some things written by some medieval people.

You can't answer the question?

If you think being insultive makes you literate,then you should have a rethink sillly biitch!
I wonder who made you a MOD, you have succeeded in painting yourself in such a way that has made MOD, sounds like child's play.
S.illy ignorant nutcase.

if you want an answer to your sillliest queston,then you should go and be-friend ,oxygen thief.
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by globexl: 3:12pm On Sep 01, 2011
pendo89:

I am not nigerian and never been in nigeria but its not soo much a nigerian issue.I will tell you the reason though.

Religion is a man-made tool to try and reach out to God. Faith on the other hand is God's attempt to reach out to man. See the difference?
That is why there are all these conflicts you talk about cz they are man-made. The reason you say they are religious wars.
Yes you could be right but you now know that the reason behind it is cz religion is about Man while Faith is about God.

Since you do not believe in Bible or God, I cannot even begin to tell you the reason for those biblical wars. you already have your own interpretation.
What you must know is that to fully understand/Interpret the Bible you need Revelation and Faith.Not human only human knowledge.
Why? cz God is a spirit and spiritual things are spiritually discerned.The bible is also inspired by God(spirit) so how do u even attempt to interpret it with your own small mind?Its a total waste of time trying to understand and interpret scriptures using your carnal mind cz its too limited to comprehend anything.
What you end up doing is pass wrong judgements and conclusions.

These societal problems are man-made not God made. For heavens sake we cant make wrong policies elect wrong leaders make foolish decisions then sry foul at God's feet? He gave you a mind to think not to act silly. Lets not scatter him everywhere.

I'm sorry to be negative, but what u just wrote is quite meaningless. God is a spirit so we cannot understand him and his ways? Then what is the purpose of religon? Why have humans built a huge edifice called religion trying to tell us that god is this and god is that and he likes this and he likes that?
If god created us imperfect, then why are we worshipping god?
If you beliueve whgat you just said, then religion is a fraud or at best, irrelevant, If we cannot understand things of the spirit , then why bother at all? Why dont we spend more time to understand the things we can see and observe?
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Sep 01, 2011
I don't think religious people are bang-able!They hate those styles in bed and too much complaints, I guess!  grin grin grin!
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by MissyB3(f): 3:12pm On Sep 01, 2011
Cuddlemii:

Lmaorh! I, too, darling. Crazy estimation, I must say. grin grin

all4naija:

I don't think religious people are slam-able!They hate those styles in bed and too much complaints, I guess! grin grin grin!
You cannot be so sure. Lol grin grin
I'm beginning to 'enjoy' this thread.
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Sagamite(m): 3:14pm On Sep 01, 2011
Goldieluks:

If you think being insultive makes you literate,then you should have a rethink sillly biitch!
I wonder who made you a MOD, you have succeeded in painting yourself in such a way that has made MOD, sounds like child's play.
S.illy ignorant nutcase.

if you want an answer to your sillliest queston,then you should go and be-friend ,oxygen thief.

STFU! Talking logical sense makes me literate.

Not talking with conjectural, unratiocinated, illogical, dogmatic, orange-hawking, beer-parlour-spouse rubbish rants like yours.
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Sagamite(m): 3:15pm On Sep 01, 2011
And for the record, I am not an Atheist!
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Sep 01, 2011
Where is the love these religion people talk about!? grin grin grin!
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by MrsChima(f): 3:18pm On Sep 01, 2011
No, I wouldn't.
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Excelboi(m): 3:18pm On Sep 01, 2011
Contributing my point some may think am an athesit,well i dnt care what dem think, Eediaaaaaat. ILIF
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by lagcity(m): 3:19pm On Sep 01, 2011
Sagamite:

STFU! Talking logical sense makes me literate.

Not talking with conjectural, unratiocinated, illogical, dogmatic, orange-hawking, beer-parlour-spouse rubbish rants like yours.

yay! Obahiagbon junior brother grin grin grin grin
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by MrsChima(f): 3:19pm On Sep 01, 2011
all4naija:

Where is the love these religion people talk about!? grin grin grin!

Religion without spirituality is the problem.
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Goldieluks: 3:20pm On Sep 01, 2011
Sagamite:

You are not an atheist,you are just dumb,we get it.

and please,kindly stay away from vodka,because it is obviously doing you a lot of harm,than good.
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by pendo89(f): 3:21pm On Sep 01, 2011
Sagamite:

Can you prove that? Or is that mere dogmatic conjecture?

Do u believe in God? NO
Do you believe in the Bible? NO

So how on God's great and beautiful earth do u expect me to supply you with proof?

All I have is Faith.Can you handle that? It cant be seen rem.

Sagamite:

grin
Well stop giving us headache then.Am not religious either,I do not subscribe to any religion cz its just a shell.
Am a believer with faith.
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Sep 01, 2011
You can't date Atheist but love god you can't see!Huh! Religion is really blinding many people's minds to the facts of life!
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by SAGoddess: 3:23pm On Sep 01, 2011
Most of the very same people that claim to be closest to God (religious Nigerians) do so much shyt that they actually pray before they engage in their illegal activities, they are not afraid to pray for a 419 deal to go right yet they will want to shove their religious beliefs down others' throats, the mind boggles indeed!
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Sep 01, 2011
pendo89:

Do u believe in God? NO

So how on God's great and beautiful earth do u expect me to supply you with proof?

If you could define faith you would see how you have been deceived!
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by globexl: 3:25pm On Sep 01, 2011
globexl:

I'm sorry to be negative, but what u just wrote is quite meaningless. God is a spirit so we cannot understand him and his ways? Then what is the purpose of religon? Why have humans built a huge edifice called religion trying to tell us that god is this and god is that and he likes this and he likes that?
If you beliueve whgat you just said, then religion is a fraud or at best, irrelevant, If we cannot understand things of the spirit , then why bother at all? Why dont we spend more time to understand the things we can see and observe?

If we cannot understand spiritual things with our carnal mind, what do we use and to whom can we entrust that task of interpreting spiritual things? Pastors? Ha ha hha ha. You see, that is the classic con game. "U can neither hear, see nor  understand god, so let me do it for you".
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Sep 01, 2011
Sagamite:

You see, you are getting old.

So you would have dated me 2 years ago, now you no go because you wan walk down altar in the next 2 years.  tongue grin

Your time has passed, don't blame me. . .I have a sign on my forehead 'Christian men only'. grin
Anyway, I think I can live in peace with anyone but I will not take the risk when it comes to marriage, sorry. Maybe in my next life. Till then. . .
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Hardballer(m): 3:25pm On Sep 01, 2011
my girlfriend doesnt beleive in God , its never been as issue though
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Sagamite(m): 3:26pm On Sep 01, 2011
globexl:

If you beliueve whgat you just said, then religion is a fraud or at best, irrelevant,  If we cannot understand things of the spirit , then why bother at all? Why dont we spend more time to understand the things we can see and observe?

Wonderful philosophical hypotheses and questions.

People are born into some religion forced on them by colonialism, a religion they can not prove, a religion they are brainwashed with from youth and yet they come out all dogmatic to condemn those that do not follow their religion.

Goldieluks:

You are not an atheist,you are just dumb,we get it.

and please,kindly stay away from vodka,because it is obviously doing you a lot of harm,than good.

Cretin, shut up!

Bloody ediot that has probably had loads of abortion still trying to hypocritically condemn others based on a religion she does not adhere to.

lagcity:

yay! Obahiagbon junior brother grin grin grin grin

You suppose see how high I wear my trousers.  grin grin grin grin

pendo89:

Do u believe in God? NO

I believe in a God.

I do not believe in the Bible. If you cannot defend your beliefs without the Bible, then maybe it is best not to be dogmatically espousing your beliefs. Have your faith, stop condemning others.
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by manmustwac(m): 3:26pm On Sep 01, 2011
Am sure most of you babes would be forced to reconsider your religious brainwashing if after dating someone who confessed to you after dating for a year he (who just happens to be loaded) is an atheist.
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Sagamite(m): 3:27pm On Sep 01, 2011
stillwater:

Your time has passed, don't blame me. . .I have a sign on my forehead 'Christian men only'. grin
Anyway, I think I can live in peace with anyone but I will not take the risk when it comes to marriage, sorry. Maybe in my next life. Till then. . .

One knack, I swear you will be a convert!
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by MrsChima(f): 3:27pm On Sep 01, 2011
SA Goddess:

Most of the very same people that claim to be closest to God (religious Nigerians) do so much shyt that they actually pray before they engage in their illegal activities, they are not afraid to pray for a 419 deal to go right yet they will want to shove their religious beliefs down others' throats, the mind boggles indeed!

Oh my!   shocked shocked shocked
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by MrsChima(f): 3:28pm On Sep 01, 2011
Believers debating religion and spirituality with Nonbelievers is like comparing apples with oranges.

It is not your war people.
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by tpia5: 3:29pm On Sep 01, 2011
Most of the very same people that claim to be closest to God (religious Nigerians) do so much shyt that they actually pray before they engage in their illegal activities

terrible.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Won't Tell Me What's On Her Mind / How Has Your Childhood Trauma Shaped Your Adult Love Relationships? / There Is This Girl I Love But I Do Not Know How To Express My Feelings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.