Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,525 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

Trinogamy - Three In A Committed Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Trinogamy - Three In A Committed Relationship (3824 Views)

Is It Permitted, For One In a Committed Relationship To Have 'crush'(s) / She Friend-zoned Me For Over 5yrs But Now Wnts A Committed Relationship / When U Are Ready For a committed relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trinogamy - Three In A Committed Relationship by emofine(f): 12:37am On Sep 01, 2011
What is the purpose of having more than one person in a relationship?. . . .does the second partner complement the first partner i.e. what one partner lacks the other contains?

Is it emotionally exhausting (i.e expending much love) or perhaps emotionally rewarding (i.e two people "loving" you back)?

Is "love" dispensed 100 percent to each lover or is it shared between each partner?
Re: Trinogamy - Three In A Committed Relationship by HighChief4(m): 1:14am On Sep 01, 2011
Its greed and selfishness
Re: Trinogamy - Three In A Committed Relationship by emofine(f): 8:02am On Sep 01, 2011
High_Chief:

Its greed and selfishness

I think those elements are a factor whether they be minor or major. . .but then again humans are insatiable beings, perhaps people in such agreement consider such relationship as a solution to those mentioned traits above i.e. a philanderer may just decide to become polygamous or be in an open relationship to neutralize their extracurricular activities (yet I'm thinking they have cleverly legitimised two-timing by making the "other" part of their union) . . . undecided
Re: Trinogamy - Three In A Committed Relationship by nassiwa: 8:33am On Sep 01, 2011
May be one partner can supplement on what the other doesn't have. Sharing is not bad.
Re: Trinogamy - Three In A Committed Relationship by Excelboi(m): 8:52am On Sep 01, 2011
Bull.shit
Re: Trinogamy - Three In A Committed Relationship by Mynd44: 8:58am On Sep 01, 2011
nassiwa:

May be one partner can supplement on what the other doesn't have. Sharing is not bad.

Does that mean you can also share your wife?
Re: Trinogamy - Three In A Committed Relationship by Goldieluks: 9:03am On Sep 01, 2011
Plain stu.pidity
Re: Trinogamy - Three In A Committed Relationship by LongOne1(m): 9:32am On Sep 01, 2011
It might also have to do with ‘putting all your eggs in one basket’.

Just saying, that’s all - before you guys crucify me.
Re: Trinogamy - Three In A Committed Relationship by pendo89(f): 9:53am On Sep 01, 2011
emofine:

What is the purpose of having more than one person in a relationship?. . . .does the second partner complement the first partner i.e. what one partner lacks the other contains?

Is it emotionally exhausting (i.e expending much love) or perhaps emotionally rewarding (i.e two people "loving" you back)?

Is "love" dispensed 100 percent to each lover or is it shared between each partner?

1.The purpose is to feel safe.That doesn't make it right cz its stems from insecurity and is selfish
2.The other partner does not compliment unless you are the selfish type again. If you dont get sex from one the other fills the gap.
-There's no such thing as the perfect partner so better make good use of what you consider your best.
3.Emotionally exhausting? yes.How do u feel rewarded when you are playing a sick game.Your conscience convicts you daily so it can't be satisfying.
4.Love dispensed 100% to each lover? Only if your name is Jesus Christ. The rest of us have conditional hearts. The condition determines the amount of love you get.That means you cant give 100% love to many partners but a fraction.

Ok am no expert in this so I could be wrong.
Re: Trinogamy - Three In A Committed Relationship by claremont(m): 10:17am On Sep 01, 2011
I would love to try out Trinogamy some day, but strictly on the grounds of 1 male (my humble self) and 2 females. Nothing wrong with this arrangement, Trinogamy has been existing in some fashion in different societies for decades. Some scholars actually posit that Trinogamy now represents the new monogamy, and it's a view I totally buy into. It is by far better for me to be in a relationship with 2 ladies who are aware of it being triply beneficial, rather than being in a relationship with one person, and cheating with another. For Gawd's sake, which male doesn't like three-somes?! In my opinion, I consider it emotionally and s-exually very rewarding, and it helps to relieve the boredom experienced with being with just one person as well. cool

P.S: For those who don't know, in most countries Trinogamy is legal, while polygamy is illegal, and therein lies the key difference. Just thought I will highlight that point.
Re: Trinogamy - Three In A Committed Relationship by pendo89(f): 10:53am On Sep 01, 2011
Its possible to derive sexual and emotional satisfaction from one partner only.

Anybody who believes that monogamy is boring has personal issues to deal with and thy need not marry.
Re: Trinogamy - Three In A Committed Relationship by emofine(f): 11:31am On Sep 01, 2011
nassiwa:

hmmm. . .I like the term "supplement", I think that's rather appropriate.

Long One:

It might also have to do with ‘putting all your eggs in one basket’.

Just saying, that’s all - before you guys crucify me.

Interesting way at looking at it. However a problem in an ordinary relationship will probably be compounded in a trigonamous one.

If there is a situation where two agrees and one doesn't,  then it may look as if there's two vs one, I think one will sometimes find themselves drawing the short straw at certain occasions.

[center]***[/center]

Personally I don't know how three people could possibly complement each other but maybe trigonamous relationships are primarily supplementary - as one has already indicated.
Re: Trinogamy - Three In A Committed Relationship by emofine(f): 11:37am On Sep 01, 2011
claremont:
Some scholars actually posit that Trinogamy now represents the new monogamy

Interesting. . .

It is by far better for me to be in a relationship with 2 ladies who are aware of it being triply beneficial

but what are the benefits of such a relationship sex aside?

in most countries Trinogamy is legal, while polygamy is illegal, and therein lies the key difference. Just thought I will highlight that point.

I believe it's permitted only in the absence of marriage . . .
Re: Trinogamy - Three In A Committed Relationship by Mynd44: 11:43am On Sep 01, 2011
Why would any sane man want two women? One is already trouble enough.
Re: Trinogamy - Three In A Committed Relationship by LongOne1(m): 11:52am On Sep 01, 2011
^^^ haven’t you heard the phrase ‘the more, the merrier’ or 'two heads are better than one'?
Re: Trinogamy - Three In A Committed Relationship by LongOne1(m): 12:02pm On Sep 01, 2011
Moreover, a friend of mine’s dad always tells his wife to appreciate the fact he has only one wife. Reason; when he goes for meetings and voices out an opinion, his mates always tease him saying “Shut up, you that has only one wife” – true story.

One word – greed, same reason naija politicians stack up funds to last until their fifth generation.
Re: Trinogamy - Three In A Committed Relationship by pendo89(f): 12:02pm On Sep 01, 2011
Long One:

^^^ haven’t you heard the phrase ‘the more, the merrier’ or[b] 'two heads are better than one'?
[/b]

Hey that means Man and Woman or Husband and Wife.Not what you think.

The more the merrier? i need to ask mswati if this is indeed true
Re: Trinogamy - Three In A Committed Relationship by LongOne1(m): 12:06pm On Sep 01, 2011
^^^ true, but it also depends on the context in which the word/phrase is used.

So is mswati the hubby, or an oracle?
Re: Trinogamy - Three In A Committed Relationship by Mynd44: 12:08pm On Sep 01, 2011
Long One:

^^^ haven’t you heard the phrase ‘the more, the merrier’ or 'two heads are better than one'?

Women is an example for that. The more women the more miserable you will be
Re: Trinogamy - Three In A Committed Relationship by pendo89(f): 12:25pm On Sep 01, 2011
Long One:

^^^ true, but it also depends on the context in which the word/phrase is used.

So is mswati the hubby, or an oracle?

Ok applies on the below

1.Boardroom during a biz meeting
2.Marriage btwn 2
3.Politics
4.War.

Lol yeah hubby.
Re: Trinogamy - Three In A Committed Relationship by LongOne1(m): 12:45pm On Sep 01, 2011
Ok
Re: Trinogamy - Three In A Committed Relationship by emofine(f): 4:36pm On Sep 01, 2011
Mynd_44:

Why would any sane man want two women? One is already trouble enough.

a "sane man" (who practices trinogamy) can thus opt for one woman and one man or even better two men smiley
Re: Trinogamy - Three In A Committed Relationship by claremont(m): 4:39pm On Sep 01, 2011
emofine:

a "sane man" (who practices trinogamy) can thus opt for one woman and one man or even better two men smiley
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Make My Boyfriend Understand That I Cant Marry Him / To All Female / 5 Things That Happen To Your Body When You Stop Having Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.