Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,474 members, 7,836,875 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Kwankwaso's Game Plan. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kwankwaso's Game Plan. (6248 Views)

Revealed! Buhari, Adamu's Game Plan For APC Presidential Primaries / See Tinubu's Game Plan Now Buhari Has Finished Him / Saraki Has Game Plan By Not Defecting – Sagay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kwankwaso's Game Plan. by Localemperor: 4:27pm On Dec 28, 2022
This analysis is purely my opinion and what I think he is trying to do.

Kwankwaso is not contesting to win the election next year,but he is trying to use the Buhari model in the north.

Did you know how many times Buhari contested before he was able to annex the 12m northern vote? Despite being former head of state, Buhari had to rally round North 3 times before he got it right.

Buhari becoming the most powerful contender in the north was because of his consistent hunger for power. Over years, he made the people rally round him.

In 2015, Tinubu saw that the fastest way to get the presidency was to cut shot the reign of Good-luck Jonathan, because if he had allow Jonathan to rule till 2019, then power moved north, it's would take South another 8 years (2027) before power returns and by then he ( Tinubu) would have been too old to contest, so he got his calculation well by saving 4year.

When Tinubu looked North to find an alliance, he went to no other person than Buhari who already is the biggest power house in Northern Nigeria, and the rest they say is history.

Now this is exactly what Kwankwaso is trying to do in a lesser time. Kwankwaso want the presidency to go South, any body that win between Tinubu and Peter Obi is a win for him. You will also agree with me that this is Tinubu and Atiku's last chance at the golden egg and when Atiku is out of the way in the North, who do you think his supporter in the North will rally round ( Mind you, Kwankwaso already have massive cult-like followers in Northwest).

When Atiku is gone and the South has ruled and when power returns to the North, who do you think would be the most likely to succeed?

Under the Nigerian standard, he can still vie for the presidency at least twice before he retires.

What I'm trying to say is this, since Atiku has lot his block vote in Southeast and still having issues with the G5. He has no base in the South because Tinubu owns the Southwest and majority of the SS states will be fest for all.

Kwankwaso is planning to disrupt and divide the Northwest vote and with this, were will Atiku get his votes from? Northeast can not win the election for him.

Kwankwaso is a visionary and futuristic politician grin

What do you think..

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kwankwaso's Game Plan. by PureMe01: 4:33pm On Dec 28, 2022
Localemperor:

Kwankwaso is not contesting to win the election next year,but he is trying to use the Buhari model in the north.

Did you know how many times Buhari contested before he was able to annex the 12m northern vote? Despite being former head of state, Buhari had to rally round North 3 times before he got it right.

Buhari becoming the most powerful contender in the north was because of his consistent hunger for power. Over years, he made the people rally round him.

In 2015, Tinubu saw that the fastest way to get the presidency was to cut shot the reign of Good-luck Jonathan, because if he had allow Jonathan to rule till 2019, then power moved north, it's would take South another 8 years (2027) before power returns and by then he ( Tinubu) would have been too old to contest, so he got his calculation well by saving 4year.

When Tinubu looked North to find an alliance, he went to no other person than Buhari who already is the biggest power house in Northern Nigeria, and the rest they say is history.

Now this is exactly what Kwankwaso is trying to do in a lesser time. Kwankwaso want the presidency to go South, any body that win between Tinubu and Peter Obi is a win for him. You will also agree with me that this is Tinubu and Atiku's last chance at the golden egg and when Atiku is out of the way in the North, who do you think his supporter in the North will rally round ( Mind you, Kwankwaso already have massive cult-like followers in Northwest).

When Atiku is gone and the South has ruled and when power returns to the North, who do you think would be the most likely to succeed?

Under the Nigerian standard, he can still vie for the presidency at least twice before he retires.

What I'm trying to say is this, since Atiku has lot his block vote in Southeast and still having issues with the G5. He has no base in the South because Tinubu owns the Southwest and majority of the SS states will be fest for all.

Kwankwaso is planning to disrupt and divide the Northwest vote and with this, were will Atiku get his votes from? Northeast can not win the election for him.

What do you think..

Exactly what's happening

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kwankwaso's Game Plan. by yemmit90: 4:43pm On Dec 28, 2022
Not only Kwankwaso, many of them including El-rufai, zulum, etc want power to return to South by all mean because that is the only chance they have to become president.

If I were him, I will definitely cut deal with Obi or Tinubu and wait patiently for 8 years for power to return North.

11 Likes

Re: Kwankwaso's Game Plan. by jumper524(m): 4:50pm On Dec 28, 2022
Localemperor:

What do you think..

buhari had is cult like followers hip across the country. Yes few in the south but still present there. There were people who really admired his military regime and his transparency during his reign as northeast governor. Kwankwaso was just the governor of kano. His followers aren't that huge as you guys wants people to believe. They are just kano people who are very much united

4 Likes

Re: Kwankwaso's Game Plan. by ire803386: 4:52pm On Dec 28, 2022
If Tinubu wins, shettima is true next president, so if Tinubu win, it's not a win for him.
Secondly we exaggerate kwakwaso influence, he doesn't even have the Kano to himself. If you follow northern politics very well.
And more over it doesn't take buhari 3 election cycle to get the 12million.

This might be his game though but he is not playing it well enough

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwankwaso's Game Plan. by Penguin2: 4:52pm On Dec 28, 2022
Localemperor:

What do you think..

You made sense.

It is in Kwankwaso’s best interest that a southerner wins the 2023 presidential election so that he can stand a very bright chance in 2031.

But he miscalculated big time by refusing to align with Obi, if not, the election would have been over.

However, you are wrong that Southsouth is a fest for all. Southsouth, like southeast, is Obi’s stronghold.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kwankwaso's Game Plan. by Localemperor: 4:52pm On Dec 28, 2022
yemmit90:
Not only Kwankwaso, many of them including El-rufai, zulum, etc want power to return to South by all mean because that is the only chance they have to become president.

If I were him, I will definitely cut deal with Obi or Tinubu and wait patiently for 8 years for power to return North.
This is true, but the issue with El rufai is this, he is not marketable, the consistent attack on Southern Kaduna, his choice of picking a Muslim as his deputy despite a population of almost 50% christian and his consistent attack of southeasterns might just be his Achilles hill.

I think Zulum would be too busy with Boko and Iswap to position his self.

5 Likes

Re: Kwankwaso's Game Plan. by ire803386: 4:53pm On Dec 28, 2022
Exactly, and he doesn't even have Kano in his pocket

jumper524:
buhari had is cult like followers hip across the country. Yes few in the south but still present there. There were people who really admired his military regime and his transparency during his reign as northeast governor. Kwankwaso was just the governor of kano. His followers aren't that huge as you guys wants people to believe. They are just kano people who are very much united

1 Like

Re: Kwankwaso's Game Plan. by Bendeco02: 4:54pm On Dec 28, 2022
Localemperor:

What do you think..

Nice one, you understand politics.

But Obi will win SS.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwankwaso's Game Plan. by Localemperor: 4:57pm On Dec 28, 2022
jumper524:
Boss, Kwankwaso's support in Kano is huge. And I want you to know that Kano has an Influence on neighboring state like Jigawa and Kastina.

Buhari popularity ends in the North, if not for the alliance with the Southwest, he still would have lost.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kwankwaso's Game Plan. by Localemperor: 5:02pm On Dec 28, 2022
Penguin2:

You made sense.

It is in Kwankwaso’s best interest that a southerner wins the 2023 presidential election so that he can stand a very bright chance in 2031.

But he miscalculated big time by refusing to align with Obi, if not, the election would have been over.

However, you are wrong that Southsouth is a fest for all. Southsouth, like southeast, is Obi’s stronghold.
Honestly becoming a Vice president, does not really position one for the presidency. Power is taken, you need to be in the opposition to radiate.

Kwankwaso would have lost a lot of supporters and influence if he had agree to be VP to Obi.
I still believe he made the best choice.

4 Likes

Re: Kwankwaso's Game Plan. by jumper524(m): 5:03pm On Dec 28, 2022
Localemperor:
Boss, Kwankwaso's support in Kano is huge. And I want you to know that Kano has an Influence on neighboring state like Jigawa and Kastina.

Buhari popularity ends in the North, if not for the alliance with the Southwest, he still would have lost.
buhari used to have loyalist in the Southwest too, especially among the older generation, those elections under obasanjo can't be called election nah, it was too corrupt.

1 Like

Re: Kwankwaso's Game Plan. by Localemperor: 5:06pm On Dec 28, 2022
Bendeco02:

Nice one, you understand politics.

But Obi will win SS.
He might Win, Edo, and Rivers. He would loss Dalta ( Okowa ).

Bayalsa, Cross river and Akwa ibom I can't tell.

2 Likes

Re: Kwankwaso's Game Plan. by jumper524(m): 5:06pm On Dec 28, 2022
Localemperor:

If kwankwaso support in Kano is so huge, ganduje would not even get a chance to have a rerun in some local govt. You exaggerate his prowess.
It's huge but not even up to half of kano but in terms of unity, they are the most united set of political group in the north but not even up to half in kano.
Make your research and don't let the recaps fool you.
A kwankwasiya would hardly ever attend a pdp or apc rally without the kwankwaso support.

3 Likes

Re: Kwankwaso's Game Plan. by Localemperor: 5:23pm On Dec 28, 2022
jumper524:
If kwankwaso support in Kano is so huge, ganduje would not even get a chance to have a rerun in some local govt. You exaggerate his prowess.
It's huge but not even up to half of kano but in terms of unity, they are the most united set of political group in the north but not even up to half in kano.
Make your research and don't let the recaps fool you.
A kwankwasiya would hardly ever attend a pdp or apc rally without the kwankwaso support.
Bro I was born in Kano and I can tell you that Genduja did not win the last election grin... He forced he way in due to power structure and Buhari's intervention.

2 Likes

Re: Kwankwaso's Game Plan. by jumper524(m): 5:31pm On Dec 28, 2022
Localemperor:
Bro I was born in Kano and I can tell you that Genduja did not win the last election grin... He forced he way in due to power structure and Buhari's intervention.
ganduje fought the emir, the ex governor and still stood a chance? If you were born in kano, you'll know he shouldnt even stand a chance by hook or by crook. Not with buhari I don't care attitude or when it's a northernern affairs. Never

6 Likes

Re: Kwankwaso's Game Plan. by Blankstare(m): 5:39pm On Dec 28, 2022
Kwankwaso is a silly drug user, when the table turns no southern politician will dare allign with him for northern presidency.
Re: Kwankwaso's Game Plan. by Localemperor: 6:09pm On Dec 28, 2022
jumper524:
ganduje fought the emir, the ex governor and still stood a chance? If you were born in kano, you'll know he shouldnt even stand a chance by hook or by crook. Not with buhari I don't care attitude or when it's a northernern affairs. Never
What you need to understand is this, APC can't allow Kano go to the opposition especially when 2023 is by the corner, They did all they could to win Kano.
Ganduje fought the emir because the Northern elite were against the Emir. He was talking too much and they needed him ( Ganduje ) to clip his wings.

1 Like

Re: Kwankwaso's Game Plan. by judeolokor(m): 6:17pm On Dec 28, 2022
Localemperor:

bro I tell u dis for free okowa can never win Delta we go choo his money and vote peter obi not only me but wat the streets are saying and planning to do this election go be like electric shock to some proud politicians see bros people dey vex oooo people don tire oooo most especially civil servants in delta state na Dem be no 1 there plans will never favour okowa

7 Likes

Re: Kwankwaso's Game Plan. by Agbegbaorogboye: 6:20pm On Dec 28, 2022
Localemperor:

What do you think..

Very apt analysis.

2 Likes

Re: Kwankwaso's Game Plan. by Agbegbaorogboye: 6:23pm On Dec 28, 2022
ire803386:
If Tinubu wins, shettima is true next president, so if Tinubu win, it's not a win for him.
Secondly we exaggerate kwakwaso influence, he doesn't even have the Kano to himself. If you follow northern politics very well.
And more over it doesn't take buhari 3 election cycle to get the 12million.

This might be his game though but he is not playing it well enough
Shettima ko. Boko Haram ni.
Are you even sure the Shettima will spend eight years with Tinubu?
Tinubu that's known for dumping deputies who try to exert themselves

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwankwaso's Game Plan. by Localemperor: 6:24pm On Dec 28, 2022
judeolokor:

bro I tell u dis for free okowa can never win Delta we go choo his money and vote peter obi not only me but wat the streets are saying and planning to do this election go be like electric shock to some proud politicians see bros people dey vex oooo people don tire oooo most especially civil servants in delta state na Dem be no 1 there plans will never favour okowa
I tell you verily on this day, that Okowa will never loss Dalta to any party if not for anything, for his sanity and relevance.

2 Likes

Re: Kwankwaso's Game Plan. by Agbegbaorogboye: 6:25pm On Dec 28, 2022
Penguin2:

You made sense.

He refused to pair with Obi because that will diminish him in the North. There's no northern Frontline politician that will agree to be Vice to an Igbo candidate most especially an Obi win no National appeal

5 Likes

Re: Kwankwaso's Game Plan. by Localemperor: 6:26pm On Dec 28, 2022
ire803386:
Exactly, and he doesn't even have Kano in his pocket

Mark it, Kano is the Only State Kwankwaso will win.

1 Like

Re: Kwankwaso's Game Plan. by DMerciful(m): 6:28pm On Dec 28, 2022
He cannot support Tinubu because Shettima is there to take over so his best bet is Obi
Penguin2:

You made sense.

1 Like

Re: Kwankwaso's Game Plan. by Agbegbaorogboye: 6:30pm On Dec 28, 2022
jumper524:
Stop arguing. Ganduje did not win the last election

5 Likes

Re: Kwankwaso's Game Plan. by Localemperor: 6:45pm On Dec 28, 2022
jumper524:
buhari used to have loyalist in the Southwest too, especially among the older generation, those elections under obasanjo can't be called election nah, it was too corrupt.
I believe he has supporters in the SW but the support is immaterial compare to the North.
Re: Kwankwaso's Game Plan. by Britishpea: 6:46pm On Dec 28, 2022
You are correct.
Re: Kwankwaso's Game Plan. by Localemperor: 6:47pm On Dec 28, 2022
Blankstare:

Kwankwaso is a silly drug user, when the table turns no southern politician will dare allign with him for northern presidency.
grin grin Why you dey vex like this.
Re: Kwankwaso's Game Plan. by Polchiz(m): 6:54pm On Dec 28, 2022
Localemperor:
Honestly becoming a Vice president, does not really position one for the presidency. Power is taken, you need to be in the opposition to radiate.

Kwankwaso would have lost a lot of supporters and influence if he had agree to be VP to Obi.
I still believe he made the best choice.
You are right.
Re: Kwankwaso's Game Plan. by Felabrity: 6:55pm On Dec 28, 2022
Kwankwaso is still young, in his 60s

And can canvass 1-4 million vote in 2023

He will work on his south vote in 2027

1 Like

Re: Kwankwaso's Game Plan. by Polchiz(m): 6:56pm On Dec 28, 2022
Localemperor:

Which Okowa? I doubt Okowa will deliver Delta for PDP.
Obi will win SS states.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oldest And Youngest Serving Governors / LASTMA Bars Junior Officers From Arresting Traffic Offenders / Federal Govt Releases 2015 Cut-off Marks For Federal Govt Colleges.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.