Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,935 members, 7,835,117 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

Just Witnessed An Accident Now 1st Of January - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Just Witnessed An Accident Now 1st Of January (27102 Views)

Sad Thing I Witnessed Yesterday In A Bar Between A Man & His Girlfriend / Couple Had An Accident After Their Proposal; She Married Him In A Wheelchair / How My Fiancee Dumped Me After An Accident - Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Just Witnessed An Accident Now 1st Of January by Greatdand007(m): 3:14pm On Jan 01, 2023
malel1:

God saved me , when I was returning home for Xmas , I slept off , lucky for me my girl on the passenger sit noticed the car heading to the bush she tapped me, I woke up immediately and controlled the car.

Make una thank God for me oo

shocked
Re: Just Witnessed An Accident Now 1st Of January by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jan 01, 2023
No ambulance? No first aid? Smh
Re: Just Witnessed An Accident Now 1st Of January by assholemods: 3:21pm On Jan 01, 2023
Bigbright7:
Unfortunate incidence can happen anytime of the year, there's no special day of the year that is free from chaos.

Just this morning, I woke up to the noise from neighbors, apparently a storey building close to my house caught fire and people were there trying to put off the fire. Owner of apartment had gone to church.

Even on Christmas Day, a lawyer was shot dead around my area by the police, while returning from church. So you see, no day of the year is free from chaos.

We just need to watch and pray.

Absolutely!
Re: Just Witnessed An Accident Now 1st Of January by ozonelayer79: 3:33pm On Jan 01, 2023
I wish the injured quick recovery.
Meanwhile that Road Safety van na second death trap be that.
Naija deserve more than that.
Vote wisely come 2023 general elections for a New Nigeria.
Re: Just Witnessed An Accident Now 1st Of January by Reference(m): 3:38pm On Jan 01, 2023
What does it take for the FRSC to buy a few more ambulances and PPP with Insurance and Healthcare providers to offer road accident emergency response. And make it mandatory for all road transporters to engage properly with the above system.
Re: Just Witnessed An Accident Now 1st Of January by MrEgghead(m): 3:48pm On Jan 01, 2023
malel1:

God saved me , when I was returning home for Xmas , I slept off , lucky for me my girl on the passenger sit noticed the car heading to the bush she tapped me, I woke up immediately and controlled the car.

Make una thank God for me oo
This is actually the most common cause of road accidents.

Thank God for your Life.

4 Likes

Re: Just Witnessed An Accident Now 1st Of January by femicyrus(m): 4:11pm On Jan 01, 2023
I've always said it that road safety service is a very unless establishment of the FG.
I always get angry seeing them stopping vehicles on highway for extortion from drivers who are plying bad roads with vehicle whose maintenance is already beyond their capacity due to inflation.

What we need are paramedics equipped with ambulance and gadgets, drugs etc necessary to administer first aid to accident victims but the useless road safety service will only pack them like slaughtered animals behind pickup van in 2023 without any aid for onward delivery in hospital.
This people are trained engineers whose training is of no use to anyone on the highway

1 Like

Re: Just Witnessed An Accident Now 1st Of January by AFONJAPIG(m): 4:31pm On Jan 01, 2023
Ordinary dubai security guards are well trained than Nigeria Army in life savings..
Re: Just Witnessed An Accident Now 1st Of January by Simeonjoe1: 4:43pm On Jan 01, 2023
Weirdcamila:
I wish the government can build train stations all over the country . Cases like this will be reduced .
Happy new year nairalanders

No more than 80% of road accidents in Nigeria are due to human error and carelessness.
Until Nigerians stop behaving like animals they'll keep on dying like chicken
Re: Just Witnessed An Accident Now 1st Of January by Simeonjoe1: 4:47pm On Jan 01, 2023
CandyOps:

I didn't have time for that. I was shocked but I did a short video after the FRSC came and loaded the injured and unconscious in the back of their pickup van. Omo! Like this new year never start people done die already on their way to celebrate it .

Chai... I think I'll never have to use the interstates here again. I'll fly henceforth (if I have the money)

Most of this problem are due to human error.
Stupid Nigerian drivers behaving like animals while putting innocent lives in danger.
If you know hard drugs those driver use to take you go fear. Some no dey sleep for a week straight up, using their car back and forth over long distance without due maintenance.
How wouldn't people be dying like chicken?

1 Like

Re: Just Witnessed An Accident Now 1st Of January by Simeonjoe1: 4:49pm On Jan 01, 2023
CandyOps:

I was glad when they arrived in less than 2 mins but was devastated they couldn't even administer first aid like CPR or something before loading them onto the van.

I guess a hospital is nearby though but then the NEMA and FRSC should train their personnel on how to act as first responders.

It was unprofessional

Everybody is there for the pay, who dey show due diligence for government work? Except health workers though

1 Like

Re: Just Witnessed An Accident Now 1st Of January by Simeonjoe1: 4:51pm On Jan 01, 2023
ozonelayer79:
I wish the injured quick recovery.
Meanwhile that Road Safety van na second death trap be that.
Naija deserve more than that.
Vote wisely come 2023 general elections for a New Nigeria.

No new Nigeria anywhere.
New Nigeria begins with you and me
Re: Just Witnessed An Accident Now 1st Of January by Simeonjoe1: 4:53pm On Jan 01, 2023
femicyrus:
I've always said it that road safety service is a very unless establishment of the FG.
I always get angry seeing them stopping vehicles on highway for extortion from drivers who are plying bad roads with vehicle whose maintenance is already beyond their capacity due to inflation.

What we need are paramedics equipped with ambulance and gadgets, drugs etc necessary to administer first aid to accident victims but the useless road safety service will only pack them like slaughtered animals behind pickup van in 2023 without any aid for onward delivery in hospital.
This people are trained engineers whose training is of no use to anyone on the highway

Even slaughtered animals are packed in refrigerated trucks in advance clime.
Re: Just Witnessed An Accident Now 1st Of January by merieam16(f): 4:59pm On Jan 01, 2023
Bbjo:

No picture to back up your story, despite being an eye witness.
like seriously o,i'm doubting his story sef.Lying to gain cheap likes and front page naso e go lie all tru d year be that,e don use lie start the year cheesy
Re: Just Witnessed An Accident Now 1st Of January by RPG2020(m): 5:09pm On Jan 01, 2023
CandyOps:

I didn't have time for that. I was shocked but I did a short video after the FRSC came and loaded the injured and unconscious in the back of their pickup van. Omo! Like this new year never start people done die already on their way to celebrate it .

Chai... I think I'll never have to use the interstates here again. I'll fly henceforth (if I have the money)

Just look at picture everything is wrong Nigeria need upgrade

2 Likes

Re: Just Witnessed An Accident Now 1st Of January by alingo2013(m): 5:14pm On Jan 01, 2023
JOACHINpedro:

WTF!
Is this how they load accident victims or are they death roll criminals?

It's better than leaving them to die, they should thank God for a response
Re: Just Witnessed An Accident Now 1st Of January by Gohs: 5:29pm On Jan 01, 2023
Greatdand007:

shocked

Vote Peter Obi for president. . . So that FRSC can be better equipped and trained.
Re: Just Witnessed An Accident Now 1st Of January by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 5:30pm On Jan 01, 2023
CandyOps:

I actually witnessed two accidents this morning. 1st was the commercial bus. 2nd one was a Toyota Highlander 2010.

So it isn't always buses. Almost forgot... a trailer fell to it's sides also just before the Niger bridge

Abeg wetin be NEMA work for Nigeria??
And who are meant to be the first responders in such cases because NOBODY IS BEING HELD RESPONSIBLE.

What are the emergency dial codes to call in such situations??
All the people in government are idiots
These things are what they were elected, selected, appointed, hired to handle.

Social amenities, town and city planning, transportation, water, electricity these are what they were elected to manage

While the masses are busy at their respective industries contributing to the development of the country.

But the idiots we have here don't know why they were selected or elected!

2 Likes

Re: Just Witnessed An Accident Now 1st Of January by Aurelius1(m): 5:36pm On Jan 01, 2023
entrep88:

Happy new year bro, as you journey through the years have it at the back of your mind that anything you can't prove is either rumour, gossip or fake news like you just did!
You are starting the new year on a wrong footing. This is not how to reason.

1 Like

Re: Just Witnessed An Accident Now 1st Of January by ghiloman28(m): 5:39pm On Jan 01, 2023
The years ends on his own the reality in individuals remain. God protect us all.
Re: Just Witnessed An Accident Now 1st Of January by Aurelius1(m): 5:44pm On Jan 01, 2023
Okeyc230:
Even in Cambodia , Syria, Ukraine etc , there are ambulances to convey dead or accident victims. In Nigeria open pick-up is our ambulance. How did we arrive here? No respect to the dead. We care less on how our children view this gory scenes .
Do you people think Nigeria is a country to reckon with? Nigeria is a jungle where the strong feast on the weak. I don't think we'll ever get it right in the next 50 years. If you are opportuned to japa, do it without thinking twice.
Re: Just Witnessed An Accident Now 1st Of January by Lukayly: 5:48pm On Jan 01, 2023
May Almighty God keep us safe
Re: Just Witnessed An Accident Now 1st Of January by Ten06(m): 6:32pm On Jan 01, 2023
Weirdcamila:
I wish the government can build train stations all over the country . Cases like this will be reduced .

The most important railway line for now is the one from Nigeria to Niger Republic. Leaders with misplaced priority
Re: Just Witnessed An Accident Now 1st Of January by Greatdand007(m): 6:42pm On Jan 01, 2023
Gohs:

Vote Peter Obi for president. . . So that FRSC can be better equipped and trained.

Who be Peter obi na tinubu go enter
Re: Just Witnessed An Accident Now 1st Of January by Gohs: 6:50pm On Jan 01, 2023
Greatdand007:

Who be Peter obi na tinubu go enter

Peter Obi is the best man for presidency grin

1 Like

Re: Just Witnessed An Accident Now 1st Of January by EbenezerTriumph: 8:36pm On Jan 01, 2023
CandyOps:

anyone dead?
Re: Just Witnessed An Accident Now 1st Of January by EbenezerTriumph: 8:37pm On Jan 01, 2023
DesChyko:
When the bus we took stopped suddenly in the middle of Ore - Benin expressway.. People dey pray sha, forget.

Nigeria don reduce folks to prayer warriors.
fear of herdsmen bro.
these drivers purposely know what they're doing
Re: Just Witnessed An Accident Now 1st Of January by hassanaazees8: 9:18pm On Jan 01, 2023
Hope they make it aliveHope they make it alive...
Re: Just Witnessed An Accident Now 1st Of January by blacksam01: 10:45pm On Jan 01, 2023
looking at that FRSC pickups and knowing the victims need emergency and prompt medical assistance and not that dead wood van...i am more convinced i can set up a private ambulance service in my town...

but the question is..how do i monetize it...like how do i make profit from it regularly to pay paramedics and maintain the vehicle also...

plz any suggestions..?
Re: Just Witnessed An Accident Now 1st Of January by MasterTeeUSA: 2:16am On Jan 02, 2023
Trains are very expensive but it's a good idea. We have these stripes on the highway here. If you sleep off and drift...it will create a lot of noise with the tires before you drive off the highway. We need checkpoints, more roadworthy intracity buses and even cable railways for short distances.

Weirdcamila:
Re: Just Witnessed An Accident Now 1st Of January by Coolgent(m): 7:08am On Jan 02, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:
Why always buses?
The drivers are over working themselves
Re: Just Witnessed An Accident Now 1st Of January by imagrg(m): 7:25am On Jan 02, 2023
May God save us this year oh.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Name One Bad Habit Your Partner Has? / Pastor Removes Woman’s Underwear Then Spread Her Legs / True Or False : Men Don't Generally Like Women With Tattoos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.