Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,629 members, 7,813,080 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:34 AM

Should A Man Help Out His Wife/Girl-Friend In The Kitchen? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should A Man Help Out His Wife/Girl-Friend In The Kitchen? (9802 Views)

What Will You Answer You Wife/girl If She Asked You This Question? / How To Beat Your Wife/girl Friend Without Touching Her / Describe Your Wife/girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Man Help Out His Wife/Girl-Friend In The Kitchen? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jan 26, 2012
just saw this- lets lay aside the word duties and replace with 'responsibilities as a parent'
i dont feel as if these responsibilities are sex specific, there are single mother and fathers everywhere playing the role so its obvious your sex doesnt determine what you must do in the house.
First of all, i asked you your responsibilities as a wife. You are yet to answer that. Before single parents became parents, were they not single bachelors/spinsters? We arent talking single here, we are talking married. In a married home, who owns the kitchen? Who chooses the equipment in the kitchen? Who arranges and sees to the kitchen's tidiness? By default! Of course the sex doesnt determine what is to be done, but whose responsibility is it, in nature?

I believe my responsibilities together with my husband are to take care of OUR children pls note the key words here

This will involve providing for them financially, giving them love care, providing an education and blah blah blah. This will be shared between me n my husband and we will take on whatever is convinient. Compromise maybe, sacrifice likely so- queensmith sitting in a kitchen cooking a meal everyday HELL NO!
Good! Whose responsibility is it to be a mother? What is the meaning of a mother? Whose responsibility is it to carry the baby? Who feeds the baby? You mentioned cooking a meal, who is supposed to cook the meal, assuming you are newly married, and the kids are yet to come?
Re: Should A Man Help Out His Wife/Girl-Friend In The Kitchen? by queensmith: 4:10pm On Jan 26, 2012
sexkillz:

First of all, i asked you your responsibilities as a wife. You are yet to answer that. Before single parents became parents, were they not single bachelors/spinsters? We arent talking single here, we are talking married. In a married home, who owns the kitchen? Who chooses the equipment in the kitchen? Who arranges and sees to the kitchen's tidiness? By default! Of course the sex doesnt determine what is to be done, but whose responsibility is it, in nature?
Good! Whose responsibility is it to be a mother? What is the meaning of a mother? Whose responsibility is it to carry the baby? Who feeds the baby? You mentioned cooking a meal, who is supposed to cook the meal, assuming you are newly married, and the kids are yet to come?
Ok at this point i realise im arguing with someone who has no point.
You asked the responsibilities as a wife- i told them to you, what else is your problem?
Who owns the kitchen? Are you joking me? I cannot continue- im sorry i will also agree to disagree with you too.
Re: Should A Man Help Out His Wife/Girl-Friend In The Kitchen? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jan 26, 2012
^^^
At this point, i'm thinking you also believe that A woman should be called Father, and a Man be called Mother. . . Since the responsibilities arent sex specific, can be interchanged, and can be interwoven! Good night!
Re: Should A Man Help Out His Wife/Girl-Friend In The Kitchen? by lastpage: 4:19pm On Jan 26, 2012
Whether we call it "responsibility or duty", it still means the same thing!

Now, check out every human endeavor and you will find that their has always and there will always be duties/responsibilities for every one!

In the office, in church, in school, even in heaven (Angels have a duty/responsibility to worship God, singing Halleluyah to the utmost high!) and the family home is no-different.

How you share-out that responsibilities/duties between you and your husband, is a question of "understanding" within the two of you, as long as there is agreement/consensus.
Its my wife's duty to cook for us in the family but l probably do it more often than her (l can refuse to do it and she will gladly do it without fuss).
It is my own responsibility to put money down for food, mow the lawn, repair broken things in the house and she can help out if she wants but l would not begrudge her if she does not, its my duty!
When something needs been done, someone in the family (including children when it comes to washing plates and stuffs like that!) knows who to hold responsible and we dont squabble over who should have done it but left it undone; but anyone is free to help out.  Simple, is it not?

Believe me, if you see any social setting where everyone claims they have no duty or responsibility, chaos and anarchy eventually sets in 'cos no-one will own up or feel responsible for anything!

So,, if an "attacker" visits my home in the night and demands the door to be opened, l should send my wife to open the door and confront them while l hide in the attic? What would you say of me afterwards? grin grin

But then, why would l put my life on the line for the rest of the family?
It is because l am the "man/husband of the house" and the "protection of my family" is one of my primary responsibility. I will gladly lay down my life for any of them.

You see, some women like to be all sorts of things in a marriage, at different times, depending on which one gives them the best advantage at that point in time:  A wife, a weaker vessel, a competing partner, the Boss, e.t.c

Life is never like that, you win some, you loose some but in all, you cant eat your cake and still have it.

Lastpage!
Re: Should A Man Help Out His Wife/Girl-Friend In The Kitchen? by LesbianBoy(m): 4:21pm On Jan 26, 2012
queensmith:

so her primary responsibility is to cook?

ok- lets agree to disagree and leave it at that,

just saw this- lets lay aside the word duties and replace with 'responsibilities as a parent'
i dont feel as if these responsibilities are sex specific, there are single mother and fathers everywhere playing the role so its obvious your sex doesnt determine what you must do in the house.

I believe my responsibilities together with my husband are to take care of OUR children pls note the key words here

This will involve providing for them financially, giving them love care, providing an education and blah blah blah. This will be shared between me n my husband and we will take on whatever is convinient. Compromise maybe, sacrifice likely so- queensmith sitting in a kitchen cooking a meal everyday HELL NO!
Is womens like you that has this kind of mentaleety(hello! we and in 21st century mentaleety) that DENIE their horseband PUNNY! I see u no reason why, nothing is absolutely wrong with a woman and she expect her horsebandi to go and cuuk and cliean in the kitchen! Anyways i know my fellow nigeria 'soji' guys, they wunt take that and i UNCLE LESBIANBOY a.k.a (billionaire businessman) wont also take that crap! Bite me!
Re: Should A Man Help Out His Wife/Girl-Friend In The Kitchen? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jan 26, 2012
lastpage:

[size=14pt] It is my own responsibility to put money down for food,[/size] mow the lawn, repair broken things in the house and she can help out if she wants but l would not begrudge her if she does not, its my duty!
I'll be utterly flabbergasted, if a "21st century woman" doesnt run into this thread, screaming "I'm Independent, i can pay for my own stuff!". . . LOL! grin
Re: Should A Man Help Out His Wife/Girl-Friend In The Kitchen? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jan 26, 2012
Wow last page! Love it! [size=14pt]Your wife is incredibly lucky![/size] Are u nigerian?
I'm still trying to decipher this comment! Why would his wife be lucky, if it wasnt her original responsibility to cook the meals?
Re: Should A Man Help Out His Wife/Girl-Friend In The Kitchen? by pendo89(f): 4:30pm On Jan 26, 2012
yes he should.Not forced but willingly.
is this a 21st century question really?
Re: Should A Man Help Out His Wife/Girl-Friend In The Kitchen? by MrsChima1(f): 4:31pm On Jan 26, 2012
Sexkillz, come and help me pound these yams!  angry angry angry
Re: Should A Man Help Out His Wife/Girl-Friend In The Kitchen? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jan 26, 2012
Mrs, Chima:

Sexkillz, come and [size=14pt]help me[/size] pound these yams!  angry angry angry
You see the key word? "Help me"! But if you say it with that face,( angry angry angry ) My reply will be: undecided undecided undecided
But when you say it with ( kiss kiss kiss), My reply would be: I'll be right there! kiss kiss kiss

Spot the difference! tongue tongue
Re: Should A Man Help Out His Wife/Girl-Friend In The Kitchen? by queensmith: 4:37pm On Jan 26, 2012
yes last page- in YOUR household according to YOUR principles but not written in any book or carved in any stone!
just because YOUR tradition has laid that foundation for every one of its women doesnt mean its the way, the truth or the light.

If you and your partner have agreed she will sit at home and care for the kids while you work then thats your agreement. Doesnt mean every woman must sit at home while her husband works.

in the 21st century and as a 21st century individual, i dont believe my husband MUST pay all bills because i also do not believe i was created to be domesticated, im not a household pet and have no intentions of sitting at home and doing anything. i will take no ownership over any kitchen or its utensils unless its a wine bar or a beer kitchen and neither will i leave all the bills on the table awaiting his payment.

We will do all things and make all decisions TOGETHER, imho if most nigerian women adopted this rule they will not find themselves in the hell they call marriages! they shouldnt even deny it most of the marriages i have observed esp in yoruba households are bloody hell!
Re: Should A Man Help Out His Wife/Girl-Friend In The Kitchen? by MrsChima1(f): 4:37pm On Jan 26, 2012
sexkillz:

You see the key word? "Help me"! But if you say it with that face,( angry angry angry ) My reply will be: undecided undecided undecided
But when you say it with ( kiss kiss kiss), My reply would be: I'll be right there! kiss kiss kiss

Spot the difference! tongue tongue

Get your arse in the kitchen! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Should A Man Help Out His Wife/Girl-Friend In The Kitchen? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jan 26, 2012
Mrs, Chima:

Get your arse in the kitchen! grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Should A Man Help Out His Wife/Girl-Friend In The Kitchen? by lastpage: 5:00pm On Jan 26, 2012
@Queensmith
If you and your partner have agreed she will sit at home and care for the kids while you work then thats your agreement. Doesnt mean every woman must sit at home while her husband works.

in the 21st century and as a 21st century individual, i dont believe my husband MUST pay all bills because i also do not believe i was created to be domesticated, im not a household pet and have no intentions of sitting at home and doing anything. i will take no ownership over any kitchen or its utensils unless its a wine bar or a beer kitchen and neither will i leave all the bills on the table awaiting his payment.

You still have a long way to go!
My wife is an MBA+M.Sc qualified professional in a fortune 500 company! She can feed the whole extended family sef BUT as the husband, it is still my primary responsibility to "provide for the family".
What did the Bible call a man who cannot provide for his family sef? (not as in unemployed but as in LAZY!)

We will do all things and make all decisions TOGETHER, imho if most nigerian women adopted this rule they will not find themselves in the hell they call marriages! they shouldnt even deny it most of the marriages i have observed esp in yoruba households are bloody hell!
I hope this your idea will not be your greatest undoing in your up-coming marriage!

Even you yourself have confessed on this page that "Wow, your wife must be lucky"?
Does that sound like someone in "a hell of a marriage"?
You see why l said l dislike inconsistent "flip-floppers"?

If you are lucky to have my own kind of husband, your life will be blissful all your whole days and some "we are in the 21st century" woman whose would-be husband cant even buy the "gifts he will use at his wedding except it is provided by his inlaws", (Tufiakwa, abomination!) will just be sounding "Wow, you must be lucky" for you! grin grin

You see, being able to afford to feed yourself does not mean your husband should not feed you neither does it make you a dependent!
Its all about knowing who is responsible for what, in a social setting. No Competition of any sort.

Lastpage!
Re: Should A Man Help Out His Wife/Girl-Friend In The Kitchen? by queensmith: 5:29pm On Jan 26, 2012
^^ yes because i assumed u were typically nigerian and was right in doing so!

It doesnt matter if she is a phd holder- she has less use for it than you do if she still has time to bounce around the kitchen by herself everyday.
im not a christian so the bible quotes dont interest me- besides i find it incredibly fustrating when nigerians try to use the bible to back up thier backwards ideaology, show and prove to me in practical sense how this theory works!

alot of yoruba women are not in marriages- they are in hell. Obviously not all of them but ive seen enough to know sitting in the kitchen and being the ideal yoruba housewife doesnt guarantee a great marriage.

I wouldnt like your own kind of husband, tbh with you no offence.
Just because i have no intentions of sitting at home like a dog, expect him to share all household duties with me, also expect to do things around the house like gas my own car grin grin and the wedding or its preperations dont bother me at all.
the wedding will end wouldnt it? its the marriage thats important!
Re: Should A Man Help Out His Wife/Girl-Friend In The Kitchen? by Flashaldrin(m): 5:44pm On Jan 26, 2012
Ms queen, i understand your point o, and all, but are you sure you will find that kind of husband in this generation??
Re: Should A Man Help Out His Wife/Girl-Friend In The Kitchen? by queensmith: 5:45pm On Jan 26, 2012
Ive already found my husband lol.

so yes they do exist smiley
Re: Should A Man Help Out His Wife/Girl-Friend In The Kitchen? by agiboma(f): 6:00pm On Jan 26, 2012
My husband goes to the market and cooks for me on occasion so yes its ok for a man to cook
Re: Should A Man Help Out His Wife/Girl-Friend In The Kitchen? by Flashaldrin(m): 7:51pm On Jan 26, 2012
queensmith:

Ive already found my husband lol.

so yes they do exist smiley
wow, found or married already, i really want to know how it would work out lipsrsealed
Re: Should A Man Help Out His Wife/Girl-Friend In The Kitchen? by chibaby5(f): 8:19pm On Jan 26, 2012
Loool ofcourse he gotta be with moi. Whereelse on planet Earth wud he rather be if not with mama  cheesy grin
Re: Should A Man Help Out His Wife/Girl-Friend In The Kitchen? by fame12k(m): 8:24pm On Jan 26, 2012
@ queensmith, re u sayin cookin 1 man (ur husband) food on a daily basis is a problem for u, all in d name of being a 21st century lady? 4ur mind, u re proving to b civilized abi, Hw old re u
Re: Should A Man Help Out His Wife/Girl-Friend In The Kitchen? by lastpage: 9:52pm On Jan 26, 2012
@queensmith:
all this trash you're spewing shows that you're yet to get real.
Since you've not been found capable and eligible by any of your Nigerian nay black folks, the "ajekuu" Oyinbo that cant even buy his own wedding gifts that you hope to marry will "show you color" at the appropriate time.
You are here referring to women who cook for their husband as "dog", right? Cooking for your family is not "bouncing around in the kitchen". How old are you sef that you write such nonsense?
I've got news for you! Some of these women enjoy the best quality of marital life (peace on their home front and their husband literally worships them and does every imaginable hing for them! I am Yoruba and my wife is an example, and you confirmed it earlier!
And they've got great kids t show for it (my first sin will probably be close to your age and he is an Under-Gee in the University! wink

Dont worry, continue to live in your fools paradise, we all know that "Oyinbo man" will marry at least three-to-five times in a life time so you could just be number one! grin grin

I wouldn't even dream about your kind of woman, not even for a house gaarl! Of what use is a woman like you whom all she knows is to claim 21st century rants instead of being the "Coordinator" of a thriving family? How would you coordinate a family if you dont believe in "duties and responsibility" within the family"

Imagine the kind of "no-responsibility" kids that kind of marriage will also produce?
Hmmm, . , . I put you in God's hand even though you said you dont acknowledge him!

Lastpag.

BTW: Whether we like it or not, the Bible still remains a valid "reference point" for human behavior, its a question of whether humans want to honestly do as it says or they want to "pick and choose" what to believe.
Re: Should A Man Help Out His Wife/Girl-Friend In The Kitchen? by Mikael4(m): 10:05pm On Jan 26, 2012
Dont worry, continue to live in your fools paradise, we all know that "Oyinbo man" will marry at least three-to-five times in a life time so you could just be number one! grin grin
Falls into maltina bottle! grin grin grin grin
Re: Should A Man Help Out His Wife/Girl-Friend In The Kitchen? by Flashaldrin(m): 10:17pm On Jan 26, 2012
Hahahahaha, did someone get banned?? Nawa o.
Re: Should A Man Help Out His Wife/Girl-Friend In The Kitchen? by MrsChima1(f): 10:21pm On Jan 26, 2012
(shouting through the cracked window) Can I borrow two eggs and a cup of white sugar?
Re: Should A Man Help Out His Wife/Girl-Friend In The Kitchen? by Mikael4(m): 11:02pm On Jan 26, 2012
Flashaldrin:

Hahahahaha, did someone get banned?? Nawa o.
Nobody got banned! Sexkillz Was banned, but the user controlling sexkillz wasnt banned! You can only stop me if you can stop a bullet with your forehead,! Now, stiffen your middle finger, and sit on it! wink
Re: Should A Man Help Out His Wife/Girl-Friend In The Kitchen? by Flashaldrin(m): 11:12pm On Jan 26, 2012
Heheheehe, next time try not to meddle with my affairs tongue tongue
Re: Should A Man Help Out His Wife/Girl-Friend In The Kitchen? by queensmith: 11:15pm On Jan 26, 2012
fame12k:

@ queensmith, re u sayin cookin 1 man (ur husband) food on a daily basis is a problem for u, all in d name of being a 21st century lady? 4ur mind, u re proving to b civilized abi, Hw old re u

cooking on a daily basis is a problem for myself- talkless of anybody else. I dont cook everyday for my own benefit. I dont see that changing for anyone else. let he/she who is hungry find thier way to the kitchen. tis very simple smiley
Re: Should A Man Help Out His Wife/Girl-Friend In The Kitchen? by Mikael4(m): 11:18pm On Jan 26, 2012
Flashaldrin:

Heheheehe, next time try not to meddle with my affairs tongue tongue
Slap your self, slap your father, and slap your mother, if for one second you think this is not sexkillz!
Re: Should A Man Help Out His Wife/Girl-Friend In The Kitchen? by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jan 26, 2012
Why not?!  cheesy cheesy (men cook better than women anyway  lipsrsealed)

I love it when Mr.Darkskin cooks with and for me.  cool
a man that loves his women is willing to do anything (reasonable) for her.
Re: Should A Man Help Out His Wife/Girl-Friend In The Kitchen? by Flashaldrin(m): 11:23pm On Jan 26, 2012
wink wink
next time. . . . . cool
Re: Should A Man Help Out His Wife/Girl-Friend In The Kitchen? by Mikael4(m): 11:25pm On Jan 26, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

Why not?!  cheesy cheesy (men cook better than women anyway  lipsrsealed)

I love it when Mr.Darkskin cooks with and for me.  cool
Is there a Mr Darkskin?

**Faints**

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos: Is This The End Of Prostitution? / Lol Nigerians Never Disappoint.. Laugh Your Way To Bed / Short Girls Can Bleep Eehhh!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.