Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,591 members, 7,823,576 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine - Car Talk (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine (64885 Views)

Why Nigerian Mechanic Can't Fix Engine That Smoke And Short Oil / My Experience "Ringing" An Engine / These Are 6 Signs Your Car Needs An Engine Repair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by Simeonjoe1: 7:39am On Jan 14, 2023
dazzlingd:

I realized nairaland is outnumbered with dumb people, and they are so confident when they comment here.
Speak of confident idiots

?
Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by erico2k2(m): 2:39pm On Jan 14, 2023
soojar:

The fuss is about, if you truly live in North London you won't see any mechanic mad enough to be lifting a customer's car engine out of car like that, so why encourage that in Nigeria? If the guy wants to go for weight lifting contest let him join the nearest Gym centre.

As for pulley system, just type it on google you will see enough pictures and videos and even how to construct a simple one yourself.

We learn everyday.
bro there is an Engine lift and it has nothing to do with pulley hence I asked you to shoe me what engine loft jas a pulley system.Hydronic lifts.
Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by soojar(m): 5:24pm On Jan 14, 2023
erico2k2:

bro there is an Engine lift and it has nothing to do with pulley hence I asked you to shoe me what engine loft jas a pulley system.Hydronic lifts.

Google is your friend sir, I am neither a mechanic nor in Nigeria at the moment to go take picture of a local mechanic workshop for you.

But I see it in virtually every local mechanic workshop around Nigeria.

We learn everyday
Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by erico2k2(m): 7:26pm On Jan 14, 2023
soojar:

Google is your friend sir, I am neither a mechanic nor in Nigeria at the moment to go take picture of a local mechanic workshop for you.

But I see it in virtually every local mechanic workshop around Nigeria.

We learn everyday
True google is my friend and its ur friend too.so U simply can't give is a link of where U saw one?is it that hard? 80% of is here live abroad..I can beat chest and tell U no pulley loft for car engine.its either Hydronic or chain jack .there is a thread here titled tools of the trade FYI I'm a fluid Engineering.my speciality is lofting and heavy lifting.anything to do with fluids.This is why I want to know that trolley engine lift.I'm not being mischievous.
Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by soojar(m): 8:59pm On Jan 14, 2023
erico2k2:

True google is my friend and its ur friend too.so U simply can't give is a link of where U saw one?is it that hard? 80% of is here live abroad..I can beat chest and tell U no pulley loft for car engine.its either Hydronic or chain jack .there is a thread here titled tools of the trade FYI I'm a fluid Engineering.my speciality is lofting and heavy lifting.anything to do with fluids.This is why I want to know that trolley engine lift.I'm not being mischievous.

Okay. I am not where I can take the picture of those local constructions I'm talking about, but it looks exactly like this picture. With metal poles as the stands. They just put chain round the car engine, hook the chain and roll the lever up.

I'm not a fluid Engineer and I don't know the technicalities of fluid engineering. But this is just a simple pulley lever system something just like wheel and axle.

We learn everyday

Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by erico2k2(m): 9:27pm On Jan 14, 2023
soojar:

Okay. I am not where I can take the picture of those local constructions I'm talking about, but it looks exactly like this picture. With metal poles as the stands. They just put chain round the car engine, hook the chain and roll the lever up.

I'm not a fluid Engineer and I don't know the technicalities of fluid engineering. But this is just a simple pulley lever system something just like wheel and axle.

We learn everyday
ok now I know what you are on about you are talking chain hoist.Thats not a pulley system.as U can see that pulley system you showed can not remove any load greater than that of whom is puling it.the chain hoist in question works with varios gears inside thats how it transfars the weight of the load . That chain hoist is mounted on 2 A frames

Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by soojar(m): 6:33am On Jan 15, 2023
erico2k2:

ok now I know what you are on about you are talking chain hoist.Thats not a pulley system.as U can see that pulley system you showed can not remove any load greater than that of whom is puling it.the chain hoist in question works with varios gears inside thats how it transfars the weight of the load . That chain hoist is mounted on 2 A frames

Correct!

We learn everyday.
Re: This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine by OvertheTop(m): 1:56pm On Jan 17, 2023
Ekpeitut:
RIP lower back. shocked

This Man is Taking His HEALTH for GRANTED.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Innoson Releases Luxury IVM G80 And G40 SUV (Photos) / A Nigerian Made This Tv Stand From A 2017 Mercedes Benz Gle Bumper (photos) / Most Popular Luxury Car Brands And Where They Are Produced(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.