Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,512 members, 7,840,180 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Obasanjo: MKO Abiola Was Denied Presidency Because Of ‘Bad Belle’ - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo: MKO Abiola Was Denied Presidency Because Of ‘Bad Belle’ (16855 Views)

Niger Delta Don’t Trust Igbo Presidency Because Of How Biafra Soldiers Killed Us / Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency / Al-Mustapha: "How Abiola Was Killed, NADECO Leaders Took Money" (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Re: Obasanjo: MKO Abiola Was Denied Presidency Because Of ‘Bad Belle’ by Amalekki: 4:00pm On Jan 19, 2023
SpecialAdviser:

I know an Igbo man was the INEC chairman that declared those results. IBB did everything to pressure him not doing that. The court injunction was arranged by IBB to have reason to annull it. I remembered a case of OSO Abiola which the Igbos ran from all over south west. I also remembered so many BBC news of violence against Igbos. I am not accusing the whole Yorubas but definitely some criminals used the opportunity. You can go back to history. I do not have any problem against the Yorubas, but surely the Igbos did their best for Abiola if not the evil IBB
You must be holed up in a village when all these happened because you are either lying or you are clearly misinformed. At no time did events take a Igbo/Yoruba turn during June 12 agitations despite the key role of Igbo actors like Arthur Nzeribe and Uche Chukwumerije. Focus was fully on the rogue called IBB and later Sani Abacha.

The Igbos that fled Lagos and other places did so to avoid the expected mayhem as IBB was expected to fully deploy the military against the people. Those who stayed behind mostly joined the agitations against the military across the South West.
Re: Obasanjo: MKO Abiola Was Denied Presidency Because Of ‘Bad Belle’ by Amalekki: 4:05pm On Jan 19, 2023
BreconHills:

This is not true. Igbos did not leave the south west because they were being chased by people from the sw. They left because they were afraid of being caught in a war in which the sw would be the battle zone since the sw was the hot bed of resistance to IBB and later Abacha. Nearly all of them came back when they realised that even the madness of Abacha did not extend to a civil war. An igbo man rear admiral Ndubuisi Kanu was one of the nadeco chieftains and there were other. He was honoured with roads an a park named after him in Ikeja capital of lagos state.

No one in their quest of strengthening their bases voter turn out should come to a public forum to tell outright lies.

There is life after the election

Truth!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls / Gbajabiamila Writes Chinese Leader•’fayose’s Letter Amounts To Sabotage’ / Medical Tourism: Who Is Buhari Talking To? By Oke Umurhohwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.