Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,754 members, 7,851,587 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:38 PM

144000, Who Are They? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 144000, Who Are They? (3347 Views)

Will Only 144000 People Make Heaven? / Transatlantic Slave Trade And The Biblical 144000 / Is It Only 144000 people That Will Make Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 144000, Who Are They? by oteneaaron(m): 12:37pm On Jan 26, 2023
Lukuluku69:

Mama Ogbanje, but your Lord and Saviour was bleating "Eloi, Eloi or if you like Eli, Eli when he was strung up on that cross, have you been calling on Eloi or Eli too?

Are you not going too far?

Why the insults?

Can you not debate without insulting the other person?
Re: 144000, Who Are They? by achorladey: 2:35pm On Jan 26, 2023
tctrills:

That again is according to you. You are saying that before one can ask questions about your doctines, the person must declare his religion to you?
So when JW go out to preach, do they insist the people they meet tell them their sects before having a discussion?
Anyway, it's been long I last met any of you on the streets so maybe you guys have changed your methods. What do I know.

Why will they waste their time to start asking the householder about their religion? grin grin grin grin

See the below from their publications.........

Paul obviously was aware of some Greek teachings, and he used such knowledge to give a most effective witness. (Acts 17:28) Similarly, Jehovah’s Witnesses are not ignorant of others’ beliefs. They have gained considerable basic knowledge of the doctrinal beliefs of religions common in their area. Consideration to such teachings has been given in the book What Has Religion Done for Mankind? as well as numerous articles in The Watchtower and Awake! Such information on various religions is presented in the context of its contrast with accurate Biblical teachings.

God’s Word warns Christians that “Satan himself keeps transforming himself into an angel of light. It is therefore nothing great if his ministers also keep transforming themselves into ministers of righteousness. But their end shall be according to their works.” (2 Corinthians 11:14, 15) Satan so successfully appeared as “an angel of light” that he was able to deceive even a perfect human, Eve. (1 Timothy 2:14) So it would be foolhardy, as well as a waste of valuable time, for Jehovah’s Witnesses to accept and expose themselves to false religious literature that is designed to deceive. They have no intention of falling into the sad course of the Jews, whom Paul said “exchanged the truth of God for the lie.”​—Romans 1:25, NW; Revised Standard Version.

Furthermore, some of the religious literature that people may urge Jehovah’s Witnesses to read is written by, or contains the thoughts of, individuals who have apostatized. True Christians are commanded to shun such apostates. (2 John 9-11; Titus 3:10, 11)

With the above you begin to wonder why he keeps asking for the name of the church of those he is conversing with here since.....

1. Witnesses do not go to people’s doors searching for truth or enlightenment. Rather, they already have devoted countless hours learning the truth from God’s Word . . . .

2. Jehovah’s Witnesses are not ignorant of others’ beliefs. They have gained considerable basic knowledge of the doctrinal beliefs of religions common in their area. . . .

3. So it would be foolhardy, as well as a waste of valuable time, for Jehovah’s Witnesses to accept and expose themselves to false religious literature that is designed to deceive . . . .

4. As loyal Christians let us hold to God’s standards, feeding our minds on what is true and righteous, and holding appreciatively and loyally to the channel from which we first learned Bible truth.

Please ask am what is the essence of asking for the name of the religious organization others in conversation with him here on nairaland? grin grin grin grin To exchange truth for lie?

1 Like

Re: 144000, Who Are They? by achorladey: 2:46pm On Jan 26, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Abraham was to leave behind the religion of his family and move far away to a distant land {Genesis 12:1} where the God talking to him wanted him to start ANOTHER RELIGION {Joshua 24:2} so the God that called Abraham intentionally brought him out from among his people to start another religion and this God warned His own worshipers against all other religions! Exodus 20:1-4

So it was a [b]COMPETITION Sir![/b] smiley

To save his head from the blunder he had committed already he will have to keep lying and peddling insanities about himself, his beliefs, his religious organization

Re: 144000, Who Are They? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:28pm On Jan 26, 2023
tctrills:

That again is according to you. You are saying that before one can ask questions about your doctines, the person must declare his religion to you?
So when JW go out to preach, do they insist the people they meet tell them their sects before having a discussion?
Anyway, it's been long I last met any of you on the streets so maybe you guys have changed your methods. What do I know.

When you ask a question it's your attitude that will determine how we're to reciprocate.
Sincere and honest hearted questions we know not critics who just want to argue! Titus 3:9 wink
Re: 144000, Who Are They? by tctrills: 3:52pm On Jan 26, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

When you ask a question it's your attitude that will determine how we're to reciprocate.
Sincere and honest hearted questions we know not critics who just want to argue! Titus 3:9 wink
Loool I really don't care how you answer my questions. You notice that even when you call me names, I don't reply because I am not really expecting so much from you.

1 Like

Re: 144000, Who Are They? by tctrills: 3:55pm On Jan 26, 2023
achorladey:

Why will they waste their time to start asking the householder about their religion? grin grin grin grin

See the below from their publications.........

With the above you begin to wonder why he keeps asking for the name of the church of those he is conversing with here since.....

1. Witnesses do not go to people’s doors searching for truth or enlightenment. Rather, they already have devoted countless hours learning the truth from God’s Word . . . .

2. Jehovah’s Witnesses are not ignorant of others’ beliefs. They have gained considerable basic knowledge of the doctrinal beliefs of religions common in their area. . . .

3. So it would be foolhardy, as well as a waste of valuable time, for Jehovah’s Witnesses to accept and expose themselves to false religious literature that is designed to deceive . . . .

4. As loyal Christians let us hold to God’s standards, feeding our minds on what is true and righteous, and holding appreciatively and loyally to the channel from which we first learned Bible truth.

Please ask am what is the essence of asking for the name of the religious organization others in conversation with him here on nairaland? grin grin grin grin To exchange truth for lie?
MaxInDHouse, here are some valid points. As a JW, it should not matter to you what my religion is since according to you, all religions except yours are of the devil.

1 Like

Re: 144000, Who Are They? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:40pm On Jan 26, 2023
tctrills:

Loool I really don't care how you answer my questions. You notice that even when you call me names, I don't reply because I am not really expecting so much from you.
Funny enough i purposely left the name calling in this case so go through our discussion so far and see who has been calling the other names all these while.
I'm a marketer for sure but my target is customers not critics! wink

1 Share

Re: 144000, Who Are They? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:41pm On Jan 26, 2023
tctrills:

MaxInDHouse, here are some valid points. As a JW, it should not matter to you what my religion is since according to you, all religions except yours are of the devil.

Go and worship with him! smiley
Re: 144000, Who Are They? by Lukuluku69(m): 5:46pm On Jan 26, 2023
oteneaaron:

Are you not going too far?

Why the insults?

Can you not debate without insulting the other person?

Of course I love a debate without the abuse. By God I do!

But once the debate is not going according what the brains dictates, then the abuses kick in. They abuse that which you hold sacred. Call you names and all sorts.

What do you then do? When they come swinging at you, you hit back since they won't follow the words of whom they hold sacred too.

I hate abuses and abusive people, but sometimes you give it back and I am ready to give it back to anyone who abuse my Faith and that which I hold sacred.
Re: 144000, Who Are They? by Sand2022: 5:38pm On Feb 02, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

If they are greater than 144000 then how did you come to say "My submission is that the 144000 evidently refers to all true christians"

Clearly this statement does not mean more than 144000!

Literally, no. But symbolically, yes.

When I say "144000 evidently refers to all true christians". I mean that 144000 is a symbolic number referring to all christians.
Re: 144000, Who Are They? by Sand2022: 5:45pm On Feb 02, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Number already complete, newly chosen ones now serves as replacements for those who lost the privilege!

We're saying the same thing. The number is yet to be filled up.
Re: 144000, Who Are They? by Sand2022: 5:49pm On Feb 02, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. The great multitude along with that is written of the actual identity of the 144,000 who were marked and sent out almost 2000 years ago, will be revealed when Jesus Christ returns to rule over the world with them from Jerusalem where they will all be gathered back to at the time of the resurrection. undecided

2. Again, the 144,000 has nothing to do with any religious sect out there as they are instead of the 12 tribes of Israel as explained by John in his revelation which corresponds with that explained by the prophets —Isaiah 66 vs 18 - 23. Yes, the 144,000 were sealed meaning they will all make it into Heaven at the end, but the multitudes are not necessarily all sealed. Instead, they are all born-again, but not all sealed, the seal being the Spirit of Truth which was promised by Jesus Christ Himself only to those who truly belong to Him. undecided

I don't see how what you said relate to the comment.

You may refer to the op to understand how I reached my conclusion.
Re: 144000, Who Are They? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:32pm On Feb 02, 2023
Sand2022:

Literally, no. But symbolically, yes.

When I say "144000 evidently refers to all true christians". I mean that 144000 is a symbolic number referring to all christians...

Okay!
Re: 144000, Who Are They? by Kobojunkie: 7:26pm On Feb 02, 2023
Sand2022:
I don't see how what you said relate to the comment.You may refer to the op to understand how I reached my conclusion.
I already see from a previous response of yours that, like the JW you pretend to be aganst, you also want here to overlook that stated in s scripture about this all you can claim special knowledge of your own about the 144,000. undecided
Re: 144000, Who Are They? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:11pm On Feb 02, 2023
Sand2022:

We're saying the same thing. The number is yet to be filled up.
Our God started selecting from among Jesus' disciples throughout the dark ages until 1914 that Jesus returned to the earth and choose the Watchtower organization. So ever since then it's only within that group God is selecting the rest of the numbers though i'm not one of the chosen. smiley
Re: 144000, Who Are They? by Janosky: 11:31pm On Feb 02, 2023

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Therationa, Who Created You, God Or By Evolution. / 60 Yr Old Pastor Delivers A Baby After 35 Yrs Of Barreness / Were Can I Download Free Hollywood Christian Movies?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.