Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,510 members, 7,826,936 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God (34610 Views)

Celestial Church Invites Pasuma, Portable To Praise Night (Photo) / Loud Snoring Heard As Imam Forgets To Switch Off Mosque Microphone / Praise God With Any Hymn/Song As 2017 Ends Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by jaephoenix(m): 1:28am On Jan 30, 2023
jmichael259:

At first, You were a physician of 20yrs, now you have more experience than my biological age? Maybe in the next hour you'll claim to have practiced madness longer than Elizabeth reigned.

I may have some qualms with some people's beliefs but why on earth does a video of a woman singing cause you so much pain?

Boy, if you had any sense at all, you'd have known that dementia might create gaps but not necesarily wipe entire memory except really extreme cases.
And While you were busy reading finess and labia from opera news and linda ikeji blog, some of us actually handled aged folks/patients so we can relate to the post.
They may forget their kids name sometimes or try to get ready for the school bus. They don't feel comfortable in strange places and would make multiple attempts to escape to their own homes but most certainly they don't need your indian movies to teach them how to sing songs that they used to love singing.
By your answers you're obviously in your teenage years, thus I said my experience years is older than you.
Dementia can cause total loss of both short and long term memory. You and I don't know the extent of the dementia in this index case but the point I'm trying to prove is her 'praising god' is a symptom of dementia called echopraxia and echolalia. She doesn't understand what she's doing. The import is lost on her. Its not a supernatural induction by any stretch of the imagination.
And no I'm not pained. I don't know the woman and I don't give a fvckk about her. Im just a random doctor trying to correct ignorant fools like you, which are pests in the online world.
Thank you
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by orisa37: 6:36am On Jan 30, 2023
Thanks. But those Supporters are Demons.
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by orisa37: 6:37am On Jan 30, 2023
Thanks.
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by jmichael259(m): 7:04am On Jan 30, 2023
jaephoenix:

SMH ALL THESE 2003 KIDS TRYING SO HARD TO FIND SOMEONE YOUNGER THAN THEY ARE.
Dementia can cause total loss of both short and long term memory. You and I don't know the extent of the dementia in this index case but the point I'm trying to prove (DON'T KNOW BUT TRIES TO PROVE) is her 'praising god' is a symptom of dementia called echopraxia and echolalia. NIGA UR NEW FANCY WORDS AIN'T GOT NOTHING ON HER. THEY CAN SING HYMNS AND RHYMES THEY KNOW BY HEART NOT CURRENTLY REPEATING FROM ANYBODY OR TV. She doesn't understand what she's doing. The import is lost on her -NAH JUST YOU MATE. Its not a supernatural induction by any stretch of the imagination. -DAFUQ SAID IT WAS DINGBAT?

your painment is beyond obvious. One
random article will never make you a doctor

trying to correct ignorant fools like you, which are pests in the online world. -I FOR GIVE U ADRESS TO TREAT UR 4QUP BUT UR PREPUBESCENT TANTRUMS END ON NAIRALAND COS U PHOOLISHLY THINK IT'S ANONYMOUS.
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by Kobojunkie: 7:15am On Jan 30, 2023
TradingGod:
■have you tried it? Go and check King David in the bible Go and check what he did to gain God's favour over everyone in isreal Go and check what Jehosaphat did to win the war for God's own people Go and check what Hezikiah did to get mercy from God
Praise is the ultimate commandments to show your love to God smiley Let everything that has breath, PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!!
1. Can you point to at least one place in scripture where God Himself said because He changed His mind or visited the people because they praised His name? undecided

2. But Jesus Christ never said this. Instead, Jesus Christ said that those who love Him are those who accept and obey His teachings and His commandments. And the same Jesus Christ also made clear that, unlike men, He does not receive praise from other humans. So, are you certain Jesus Christ is the one you love by your many praises? undecided

Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by Kobojunkie: 7:17am On Jan 30, 2023
finofaya:
Oh wow. So this Christian woman is suffering from a devastating mental illness that has tanked her quality of life, but the silver lining is that she can remember to praise a God who permitted the loss of most of her cherished memories.
I imagine God is proud that her memory of him is preserved, even as other memories are lost. What a joyful story. Let's celebrate more
Religion has absolutely nothing to do with God. ! undecided
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by Londonderry: 1:01pm On Jan 30, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ explicitly stated that He does not seek nor desire praise from any human being. He discouraged the praising of His person by humans.
The same Jesus Christ said that those who do what He commands are those who belong to Him.
So why then do you praise Jesus Christ, against His own decree, yet believe yourself to be of Him? undecided
You are behaving like an illiterate whee barrow pusher who tries to interpret the constitution of the Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by Kobojunkie: 3:31pm On Jan 30, 2023
Londonderry:

You are behaving like an illiterate whee barrow pusher who tries to interpret the constitution of the Nigeria
Here.... show me you are more literate at least. Was Jesus Christ no different than the Pharisees whom He attempted to differentiate Himself from afterall? undecided
40 But you refuse to come to me to have that life.
41 “I don’t want praise from you or any other human.
42 But I know you—I know that you have no love for God.
43 I have come from my Father and speak for him, but you don’t accept me. But when other people come speaking only for themselves, you accept them.
44 You like to have praise from each other. But you never try to get the praise that comes from the only God. So how can you believe? - John 5 vs 40 - 44
Was Jesus Christ lying or was He deluded when He declared that He does not want to be praised by humans? undecided
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by Warriorprince(m): 9:46am On Feb 06, 2023
jaephoenix:

Does the fact that I copied them from google make them false? Since the ignoramus doesn't believe the word of an experienced physician, I guess I had to quote online sources.
And why do you think she may remember some things considering she's well advanced in age and the dementia may be senile in origin?

You can't obviously determine the stage of her dementia by just looking at her age. You did not know the age she was diagnosis of dementia. Dementia can progress rapidly in just a matter of days in some people and could take many years in some. Remember in dementia memory for the distant past generally seems better, but some details may be forgotten or confused. Though both echopraxia and echolalia will be sure evident but you can't always say that is what the 'old lady' was experiencing at that time she is doing her thing unless you have a closer look. Shalom

1 Like

Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by Warriorprince(m): 9:52am On Feb 06, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. So you are saying that when Jesus Christ said He did not want praise from ANY HUMANS, Jesus Christ did not really mean ANY HUMANS? He made a mistake? undecided Was Jesus Christ lying or was He deluded when He declared that He does not want to be praised by humans? undecided

Since you have consistently demonstrated you have problem with English.....let me show you this verse.

37 When he came near the place where the road goes down the Mount of Olives, the whole crowd of disciples began joyfully to praise God in loud voices for all the miracles they had seen:

38 “Blessed is the king who comes in the name of the Lord!”[b]

“Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!”

39 Some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to Jesus, “Teacher, rebuke your disciples!”

40 “I tell you,” he replied, “if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out.”

1 Like

Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by Kobojunkie: 12:09pm On Feb 06, 2023
Warriorprince:
■ Since you have consistently demonstrated you have problem with English.....let me show you this verse.

37 When he came near the place where the road goes down the Mount of Olives, the whole crowd of disciples began joyfully to praise God in loud voices for all the miracles they had seen:
38 “Blessed is the king who comes in the name of the Lord!” “Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!”

39 Some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to Jesus, “Teacher, rebuke your disciples!”
40 “I tell you,” he replied, “if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out.”
Mr. English, does the passes you posted say they were Praising Jesus Christ or that they were praising God? undecided
Compare that to what is written in John 5 vs 41 again to be certain you understand the context of the discourse. lipsrsealed
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by jaephoenix(m): 1:48pm On Feb 06, 2023
Warriorprince:

You can't obviously determine the stage of her dementia by just looking at her age. You did not know the age she was diagnosis of dementia. Dementia can progress rapidly in just a matter of days in some people and could take many years in some. Remember in dementia memory for the distant past generally seems better, but some details may be forgotten or confused. Though both echopraxia and echolalia will be sure evident but you can't always say that is what the 'old lady' was experiencing at that time she is doing her thing unless you have a closer look. Shalom
I guess you're a medic like me.
Point is, you're right. But it is a possibility that it could be echolalia/echopraxia manifesting. Remember, before you confirm a phenomenon as supernatural you'll have to exhaust all natural causes. And in this case, dementia with the above symptoms is the most probable diagnosis. You can add your differentials
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by jmichael259(m): 2:34pm On Feb 06, 2023
jaephoenix:

I guess you're a medic like me.
Point is, you're right.

But it is a possibility that it could be echolalia/echopraxia manifesting.

Remember, before you confirm a phenomenon as supernatural you'll have to exhaust all natural causes.

And in this case, dementia with the above symptoms is the most probable diagnosis.

Imagine ur confused life. Just obsessed with hating on supernatural?
This person has not said the woman's act is supernatural. Nobody said so, not the post itself.

You're just kid read new fancy textbook words echolalia and became online medic police forcing diagnosis on people you will never meet.

Warriorprince:

Remember in dementia MEMORY FROM THE DISTANT PAST GENERALLY SEEMS BETTER,

but some details may be forgotten or confused.

Though both echopraxia and echolalia will be sure evident but you can't always say that is what the 'old lady' was experiencing at that time

she is doing her thing.

1 Like

Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by jaephoenix(m): 6:53pm On Feb 06, 2023
jmichael259:

Imagine ur confused life. Just obsessed with hating on supernatural?
This person has not said the woman's act is supernatural. Nobody said so, not the post itself.

You're just kid read new fancy textbook words echolalia and became online medic police forcing diagnosis on people you will never meet.

Hate on Supernatural? When you haven't even proven that the supernatural exists.
Just in case your cretarded mind doesn't understand, he is trying to make a case for the supernatural which in this case is your yhwh making the woman to sing his praise.
I wonder how they allowed teenagers access to Internet
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by jmichael259(m): 7:55pm On Feb 06, 2023
jaephoenix:

Hate on Supernatural? When you haven't even proven that the supernatural exists.
he is trying to make a case for the supernatural which in this case is your yhwh making the woman to sing his praise.

The post isn't abt d supernatural nor their proof.

Can YOU OVERGROWN IMP CHILD point a mention of supernatural in this his statement you replied?

Warriorprince:

1 Like

Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by jaephoenix(m): 9:11pm On Feb 06, 2023
jmichael259:

The post isn't abt d supernatural nor their proof.

Can YOU OVERGROWN IMP CHILD point a mention of supernatural in this his statement you replied?

Its supernatural when a demented woman (that has retrograde amnesia) praises god. In case you don't know what those terms are, you can use google
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by jmichael259(m): 9:59pm On Feb 06, 2023
jaephoenix:

Its supernatural when a demented woman (that has retrograde amnesia) praises god. In case you don't know what those terms are, you can use google

Which of the terms exactly did you need google to help you spell, retrograde or supernatural?

So, normal daily old people re-enacting their past memories is supernatural? Well, Since you claim it to be so, then why isn't it the evidence of supernatural that you're so obsessed with?

You aren't just juvenile deliquent but ravishingly senile.

1 Like

Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by jaephoenix(m): 10:05pm On Feb 06, 2023
jmichael259:

Which of the terms exactly did you need google to help you spell, retrograde or supernatural?

So, normal daily old people re-enacting their past memories is supernatural? Well, Since you claim it to be so, then why isn't it the evidence of supernatural that you're so obsessed with?

You aren't just juvenile deliquent but ravishingly senile.
In this case, cretard, the woman is declared demented. Not all old people are demented. Do you now see the point, or you wanna go back to kindergarten
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by jmichael259(m): 11:22pm On Feb 06, 2023
jaephoenix:

the woman is declared demented.
Duh, such acts from past memory are manifestations of dementia. We've listed it severally for you but you're obviously too retarded to see. You don't even know what you're yapping on about. You seem to have been struck with onset of dementia.

Let me refer you briefly again to your friend you were quoting. Maybe you should seek his professional help if he's medic.
Warriorprince:

Remember in dementia memory for the distant past generally seems better, but some details may be forgotten or confused.
..she is doing her thing..

1 Like

Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by jaephoenix(m): 7:40pm On Feb 07, 2023
jmichael259:
Duh, such acts from past memory are manifestations of dementia. We've listed it severally for you but you're obviously too retarded to see. You don't even know what you're yapping on about. You seem to have been struck with onset of dementia.

Let me refer you briefly again to your friend you were quoting. Maybe you should seek his professional help if he's medic.
He's wrong. Long term memory doesn't get better. Can you now take your antipsychotics
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by jmichael259(m): 8:13pm On Feb 07, 2023
jaephoenix:

He's wrong. Long term memory doesn't get better. Can you now take your antipsychotics

You have just been turning yourself around. Your obvious lack of simple comprehension is a sympton of dementia. You should mix strong antidepressants with your antipsychotics but you seem to have failed taking them on the hour as the doctor ordered you. Be a good boy and Don't do that again.

1 Like

Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by jaephoenix(m): 9:53pm On Feb 07, 2023
jmichael259:

You have just been turning yourself around. Your obvious lack of simple comprehension is a sympton of dementia. You should mix strong antidepressants with your antipsychotics but you seem to have failed taking them on the hour as the doctor ordered you. Be a good boy and Don't do that again.
Am I wrong cretinous rectard? Does long term memory improve in dementia? You just dodged that and added your regular insults
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by jmichael259(m): 7:53am On Feb 08, 2023
jaephoenix:

Am I wrong cretinous rectard? Does long term memory improve in dementia? You just dodged that and added your regular insults

I added insults? Wow, who would have thought? What exactly were you doing from the very onset or Are you done wailing? Have you forgotten or run out of your new fancy words? You think trolling is a job/hobby? You think this space is filled with your fellow middleschoolers you could reach with your disappointing attempts on cyberbullying? Run along now crybaby, the internet might harm you but it got no effect on I. We wrote the book on trolls and you can never qualify to be called one.

1 Like

Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by jaephoenix(m): 9:14am On Feb 08, 2023
jmichael259:

I added insults? Wow, who would have thought? What exactly were you doing from the very onset or Are you done wailing? Have you forgotten or run out of your new fancy words? You think trolling is a job/hobby? You think this space is filled with your fellow middleschoolers you could reach with your disappointing attempts on cyberbullying? Run along now crybaby, the internet might harm you but it got no effect on I. We wrote the book on trolls and you can never qualify to be called one.
I see you have left the discourse point and resorted to dissing, since you failed. If you got no other things, then have a good day, child
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by jmichael259(m): 6:42pm On Feb 08, 2023
Boy, You never had a discourse point and not worth any further explanations. So, do well to attach ya birth ceritificate and first school certificate before you reply.
jaephoenix:

I see you have left the discourse point

What he said..
Warriorprince:

Remember in dementia memory for the distant past generally seems better, but some details may be forgotten or confused.

versus What ya dumb skull understood..
jaephoenix:

..long term memory improve in dementia?

You're either dyslexic or a stark illiterate.

1 Like

Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:12pm On Mar 16, 2023
jaephoenix:

I see you have left the discourse point and resorted to dissing, since you failed. If you got no other things, then have a good day, child

Why not finish what you started? undecided
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by jaephoenix(m): 2:17pm On Mar 16, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

Why not finish what you started? undecided
Maybe you love engaging ignoramuses who don't contribute to discourse but instead engage in insult merchandising. I don't. If you have something ro contribute, please do. If not, have a great day too
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:23pm On Mar 16, 2023
jaephoenix:

Maybe you love engaging ignoramuses who don't contribute to discourse but instead engage in insult merchandising. I don't. If you have something ro contribute, please do. If not, have a great day too

Since you are the one who started using abusive language why were you not comfortable when he started paying you back in your own coin? undecided
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by jaephoenix(m): 2:35pm On Mar 16, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

Since you are the one who started using abusive language why were you not comfortable when he started paying you back in your own coin? undecided
Can you point out where I first started using abusive language, sire
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:03pm On Mar 16, 2023
jaephoenix:

What do you call the bolded? undecided
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by jaephoenix(m): 3:19pm On Mar 16, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

What do you call the bolded? undecided

This was the post I was quoting. I highlighted the insults, just in case your tunnel vision blanked them out
He made 3 sentences. All of them insults. Do you see
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:26pm On Mar 16, 2023
jaephoenix:

This was the post I was quoting. I highlighted the insults, just in case your tunnel vision blanked them out
He made 3 sentences. All of them insults. Do you see

And you responded with insults of your own. Why did you stop? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Pastor Uses The F-Word In Church While Preaching / Kayamo Chambers Withdraws From Stephanie Otobo & Suleman's Sex Scandal Case / Pastor Curses Anybody Who Has Sex On Valentine's Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.