Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,543 members, 7,827,027 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God (34613 Views)

Celestial Church Invites Pasuma, Portable To Praise Night (Photo) / Loud Snoring Heard As Imam Forgets To Switch Off Mosque Microphone / Praise God With Any Hymn/Song As 2017 Ends Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by seanwilliam(m): 10:18am On Jan 29, 2023
God is great

2 Likes

Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by Lionmachala(m): 10:19am On Jan 29, 2023
The journey is closer

2 Likes

Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by Shezzman: 10:20am On Jan 29, 2023
Go to Google...
orisa37:
What actually is Dementia?
And what is the Difference with being SENILE?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by Franking: 10:21am On Jan 29, 2023
Praising God changes absolutely nothing!
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by twilliamx(m): 10:21am On Jan 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ explicitly stated that He does not seek nor desire praise from any human being. He discouraged the praising of His person by humans.
The same Jesus Christ said that those who do what He commands are those who belong to Him.
So why then do you praise Jesus Christ, against His own decree, yet believe yourself to be of Him? undecided

You just selected some sections that suit you and posted. In what context was he speaking

5 Likes

Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by leisuretym: 10:26am On Jan 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Oh, suddenly it ain't about the Truth of God — Jesus Christ — anymore, but what you think and want instead? undecided

You too dey argue, after smoking your oshogbo weed, you go come here come dey cause confusion, I’ve been monitoring you

12 Likes

Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by Neckpresser101: 10:28am On Jan 29, 2023
orisa37:
Na low-key old age madness sad

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by Honlucas: 10:28am On Jan 29, 2023
Using your scriptures to prove God exists is no different than using a comic book to prove Spider-Man exists.

Disagree? Please make your case.

1 Like

Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by kareemkamil(m): 10:29am On Jan 29, 2023
Age with graceful
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by Oluwaseunomo: 10:35am On Jan 29, 2023
You mean a demented woman
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by Martinez39s(m): 10:40am On Jan 29, 2023
This simply means lifelong delusions cut deep into one's subconscious and remain in one's subconscious even when one is senile and demented. Next! grin
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by vikstandon(m): 10:41am On Jan 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ explicitly stated that He does not seek nor desire praise from any human being. He discouraged the praising of His person by humans.
The same Jesus Christ said that those who do what He commands are those who belong to Him.
So why then do you praise Jesus Christ, against His own decree, yet believe yourself to be of Him? undecided

Although He was God, he took a nature of servant [this was to achieve what he came for, which is to serve righteousness to humanity and deliver them from destruction]
And because of this singular act, God has exalted him, that at the mention of His name, every knee must bow [in praise] and every tongue must confess [in adoration] that Jesus Christ is LORD.

Read the below with understanding

Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: but made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: and being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Philippians 2:5‭-‬11

Christ is not still in the fashion of man... He has risen and is at the right hand of God. So he deserves all praises that is due to Him.

3 Likes

Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by advanceDNA: 10:42am On Jan 29, 2023
leisuretym:

You too dey argue, after smoking your oshogbo weed, you go come here come dey cause confusion, I’ve been monitoring you

2 Likes

Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by jaxxy(m): 10:42am On Jan 29, 2023
Beautiful
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by advanceDNA: 10:43am On Jan 29, 2023
vikstandon:

Although He was God, he took a nature of servant [this was to achieve what he came for, which is to serve righteousness to humanity and deliver them from destruction]
And because of this singular act, God has exalted him, that at the mention of His name, every knee must bow [in praise] and every tongue must confess [in adoration] that Jesus Christ is LORD.

Read the below with understanding

Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: but made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: and being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Philippians 2:5‭-‬11

Christ is not still in the fashion of man... He has risen and is at the right hand of God. So he deserves all praises that is due to Him.

U are wasting your time

1 Like

Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by IbileIfe: 10:48am On Jan 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:

STOP QUOTING THE WORD OF OUR MESSIAH JESUS CHRIST OUT OF CONTEXT OF THE CONTENT OF THE SUBJECT

John 5 King James Version

1 After this there was a feast of the Jews; and Jesus went up to Jerusalem.

2 Now there is at Jerusalem by the sheep market a pool, which is called in the Hebrew tongue Bethesda, having five porches.

3 In these lay a great multitude of impotent folk, of blind, halt, withered, waiting for the moving of the water.

4 For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatsoever disease he had.

5 And a certain man was there, which had an infirmity thirty and eight years.

6 When Jesus saw him lie, and knew that he had been now a long time in that case, he saith unto him, Wilt thou be made whole?

7 The impotent man answered him, Sir, I have no man, when the water is troubled, to put me into the pool: but while I am coming, another steppeth down before me.

8 Jesus saith unto him, Rise, take up thy bed, and walk.

9 And immediately the man was made whole, and took up his bed, and walked: and on the same day was the sabbath.

10 The Jews therefore said unto him that was cured, It is the sabbath day: it is not lawful for thee to carry thy bed.

11 He answered them, He that made me whole, the same said unto me, Take up thy bed, and walk.

12 Then asked they him, What man is that which said unto thee, Take up thy bed, and walk?

13 And he that was healed wist not who it was: for Jesus had conveyed himself away, a multitude being in that place.

14 Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.

15 The man departed, and told the Jews that it was Jesus, which had made him whole.

16 And therefore did the Jews persecute Jesus, and sought to slay him, because he had done these things on the sabbath day.

17 But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.

18 Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

20 For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.

21 For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.

22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

31 If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.

32 There is another that beareth witness of me; and I know that the witness which he witnesseth of me is true.

33 Ye sent unto John, and he bare witness unto the truth.

34 But I receive not testimony from man: but these things I say, that ye might be saved.

35 He was a burning and a shining light: and ye were willing for a season to rejoice in his light.

36 But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.

37 And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.

38 And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.

39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

41 I receive not honour from men.

42 But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you.

43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

44 How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?

45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust.

46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me; for he wrote of me.

47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

3 Likes

Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by Nobody: 10:49am On Jan 29, 2023
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by olaeffect(m): 10:51am On Jan 29, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

"And He answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out" (Luke 19:40).

Do you want stones to replace you? undecided

You know some people forget that the bible is the record of God (His word) as it was happening.
Not an afterthought or conjuring of stories years after.
So they miss timeline of event and don't know the difference between a child that was born Vs the Son that was given 😁.

Also note that @kobojunkie is a confusionist. He will only just drag you into baseless arguement, that at the end you will even not understand what exactly is his point.

6 Likes

Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by vikstandon(m): 10:57am On Jan 29, 2023
advanceDNA:

U are wasting your time

No I am not, I defend the Faith and refute every false teaching, in hope that he would see light and get closer to Christ.

It is given to me by God aid to cast down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bring into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ - 2 Corinthians 10:5.
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by TradingGod: 11:01am On Jan 29, 2023
Lionmachala:
The journey is closer
The journey is here 😀
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by Nobody: 11:03am On Jan 29, 2023
Awesome
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by LocalStandard1(m): 11:04am On Jan 29, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

I agree that religion can do that to you. Why not turn your mourning into dancing by praising the Lord? undecided

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4_-_it3mYk
You dey answer that person? You strong oh!! She will never relent, never agree with any differing opinions except hers. Even if you agree with her she puts you in the other end so as to continue the argument.

Hers is a psychology issue.
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by TradingGod: 11:04am On Jan 29, 2023
Franking:
Praising God changes absolutely nothing!
have you tried it?

Go and check King David in the bible
Go and check what he did to gain God's favour over everyone in isreal

Go and check what Jehosaphat did to win the war for God's own people

Go and check what Hezikiah did to get mercy from God

Praise is the ultimate commandments to show your love to God smiley

Let everything that has breath, PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!! 😁 🥳💃🔈🕺🕺🕺grin🕴👯‍♀️🔉👯‍♂️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♂️🔊🤸‍♂️🤸‍♀️grin🤼‍♀️🤼‍♂️🥳🥳🔊💃tongue🕺🕺🕺🕺👯‍♀️cheesy😇

2 Likes

Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by HisGraceBet: 11:06am On Jan 29, 2023
Hallelujah

2 Likes

Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by Kaiser20: 11:22am On Jan 29, 2023
orisa37:
A practical example of a Dementia is Mr Tinubu's behavior in recent campaign venues.
Always speaking out of contest, his supporters will of course tell you that no body is above mistake

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by Eriokanmi: 11:29am On Jan 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
See as you turned the bible upside down to satisfy your dirty mind and those atheists as you? He was referring to sinners, men pleasers and not the believers. You even shot yourself in the leg by quoting where Jesus said... except those who does His will( i.e His friends) . Can sinners do His will exeept they keep His commandment? Those were the people Jesus was referring to. In the book of John 15, he made this clear. Go and read it. You can only do His will if you keep his commandment. Then if you praise Him...it will be accepted

2 Likes

Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by jmichael259(m): 11:32am On Jan 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:

How does this relate to the post? Even Jesus prayed unto God.
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by AgubataAkokwa: 11:44am On Jan 29, 2023
But tilumbu with dementia forgets everything, including forgetting his pampers at home. That's why he poos in his pants always
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by omonnakoda: 11:53am On Jan 29, 2023
Bad Habit
People do not easily forget old habits
Some wake up in the morning singing the old national anthem
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by ebode(m): 11:58am On Jan 29, 2023
This is to tell you she lived a good life. She remembered God in her down times a she has God in her subconscious.
When this generation of girls get old with dementia, all they will never forget is her to do hookup, and holding manhood in their mouths.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pastor Curses Anybody Who Has Sex On Valentine's Day / Uganda Pastor Uses His Church Members As Foot Mart,as Directed By God(photos) / South Africans Vow To Sack Christ Embassy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.