Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,842 members, 7,828,070 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God (34630 Views)

Celestial Church Invites Pasuma, Portable To Praise Night (Photo) / Loud Snoring Heard As Imam Forgets To Switch Off Mosque Microphone / Praise God With Any Hymn/Song As 2017 Ends Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by advanceDNA: 4:51pm On Jan 29, 2023
jaephoenix:

Lol bro. Im a physician, with more experience than your biological age. And I know my way around psychiatry and geriatrics.
Dementia is associated with echokinesis and echolalia. A smart person would do a little research on my points, but not you st@pidly ignoramuses. You gladly display your acute lack of knowledge online just to back up your clueless religion

Doctor?? u saying pple with dementia forget everything they've ever known??
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by jaephoenix(m): 4:59pm On Jan 29, 2023
advanceDNA:

Doctor?? u saying pple with dementia forget everything they've ever known??
Depending on the type and stage of the dementia, yes, one can have total memory loss, both pro-and retroactive memory. And causes range from Alzheimer's disease to Parkinson's disease. That woman looks like she's in her 80s, so more likely late stage dementia is evidenced. Some even forget their names and how to do basic tasks like dress themselves
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by advanceDNA: 5:09pm On Jan 29, 2023
jaephoenix:

Depending on the type and stage of the dementia, yes, one can have total memory loss, both pro-and retroactive memory. And causes range from Alzheimer's disease to Parkinson's disease. That woman looks like she's in her 80s, so more likely late stage dementia is evidenced. Some even forget their names and how to do basic tasks like dress themselves

Ok
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by Kobojunkie: 5:14pm On Jan 29, 2023
twilliamx:
You just selected some sections that suit you and posted. In what context was he speaking
I posted the entire context there for you to read from so what aspects negate what Jesus Christ made bold in John 5 vs 41. undecided
40 But you refuse to come to me to have that life.
41 “I don’t want praise from you or any other human.
42 But I know you—I know that you have no love for God.
43 I have come from my Father and speak for him, but you don’t accept me. But when other people come speaking only for themselves, you accept them.
44 You like to have praise from each other. But you never try to get the praise that comes from the only God. So how can you believe? - John 5 vs 40 - 44
Was Jesus Christ lying or was He deluded when He declared that He does not want to be praised by humans? undecided

Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by Kobojunkie: 5:17pm On Jan 29, 2023
vikstandon:
■ Although He was God, he took a nature of servant [this was to achieve what he came for, which is to serve righteousness to humanity and deliver them from destruction]
And because of this singular act, God has exalted him, that at the mention of His name, every knee must bow [in praise] and every tongue must confess [in adoration] that Jesus Christ is LORD.
Read the below with understanding

Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: but made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: and being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Philippians 2:5‭-‬11
Christ is not still in the fashion of man... He has risen and is at the right hand of God. So he deserves all praises that is due to Him.
1. So what you are invariably saying is that we ought to ignore all of the Gospel which Jesus Christ commanded us to obey and teach others as His followers according to you, He is no longer in the fashion of a man? undecided

2. So, you believe that all Jesus Christ said and did 2000 years ago amounts to nothing today meaning He was a liar as a man? undecided
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by Kobojunkie: 5:18pm On Jan 29, 2023
IbileIfe:

STOP QUOTING THE WORD OF OUR MESSIAH JESUS CHRIST OUT OF CONTEXT OF THE CONTENT OF THE SUBJECT
Are you certain He is your Messiah? undecided
43 I have come from my Father and speak for him, but you don’t accept me. But when other people come speaking only for themselves, you accept them.
44 You like to have praise from each other. But you never try to get the praise that comes from the only God. So how can you believe? - John 5 vs 40 - 44
Was Jesus Christ lying or was He deluded when He declared that He does not want to be praised by humans? undecided

Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by Kobojunkie: 5:22pm On Jan 29, 2023
Eriokanmi:
■ See as you turned the bible upside down to satisfy your dirty mind and those atheists as you? He was referring to sinners, men pleasers and not the believers.
■ You even shot yourself in the leg by quoting where Jesus said... except those who does His will( i.e His friends) . Can sinners do His will exeept they keep His commandment? Those were the people Jesus was referring to.
■ In the book of John 15, he made this clear. Go and read it. You can only do His will if you keep his commandment. Then if you praise Him...it will be accepted
1. He was referring to sinners only when He said He did not want praise from any humans? undecided

2. Your summation makes no sense. undecided
3. Where in His Gospels did Jesus Christ say what you claim there? Or are you too desperate to justify your rituals that you can't see that you make Jesus Christ a liar in your attempt? undecided
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by Kobojunkie: 5:23pm On Jan 29, 2023
jmichael259:
How does this relate to the post? Even Jesus prayed unto God.
Do you not have an understanding of what Prayer is from what praise of Jesus Christ is? undecided
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by Kobojunkie: 5:27pm On Jan 29, 2023
Stone03:
■ You quoted rightly but interpreted wrongly. Jesus wasn't talking to His own. He was talking to those that praised His works but refused to believe or accept Him as the one that come from God.
■ He was talking to hypocrites John 5:43
but I know you. I know that you do not have the love of God in your hearts.
1. So, when Jesus Christ clearly said He did not want praise from any human, his own aren't considered as humans? undecided
2. So explain how what He said in verse 43 changes what He said in verse 41. undecided

Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by Kobojunkie: 5:29pm On Jan 29, 2023
MorningSir:
if you’re posing to know the Bible so much so as telling people the Bible says not to praise Jesus then you should explain to them and tell them who to praise since you paid more attention to details more than others. Instead of trying to make people look stupid why not try to make them understand!

Just a typical African man mentality!🌚
So what you are saying is Jesus Christ was Himself demented when He said He did not want praise from any humans? undecided
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by Kobojunkie: 5:29pm On Jan 29, 2023
rainlover:
The letter killeth but the spirit gives life
Do you even understand what that means? undecided

Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by Kobojunkie: 5:32pm On Jan 29, 2023
yellowman2225:
■ Your quotes showed Jesus came from father and you don't believe God is father.

2. Your quotes also say you are not a servant again, and you still call yourself servant of aLLAH. That's hypocrisy when you quote what you don't believe in and pick phrases that appeals to you. one day you will see the light and leave that your blood suckling religion
Stop rambling already! undecided
Are you here to tell me that Jesus Christ was Himself deluded when He declared that He did not want praises from any human? undecided

Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by Kobojunkie: 5:33pm On Jan 29, 2023
FarmTech:
Leave that guy oo. He seems to have dementia. I have argued with him b4.
You mean Jesus Christ was demented when He said He did not want praise from any humans? undecided

Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by Kobojunkie: 5:34pm On Jan 29, 2023
egbetokuns:

Read the whole chapter from the beginning so that you can understand what Jesus said there. Jesus is Lord.
So, tell me then, what part of the whole chapter tells you that Jesus Christ was deluded when He declared in verse 41 that He did not want praise from any humans? undecided

Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by Kobojunkie: 5:36pm On Jan 29, 2023
Warriorprince:
■ Don't just qoute the bible without understanding. Look at the context of people Jesus was referring to.
You cannot serve God with lips, God is only desirous of the worship and praise of those who seek him in truth and in spirit and not just anyone.
1. So you are saying that when Jesus Christ said He did not want praise from ANY HUMANS, Jesus Christ did not really mean ANY HUMANS? He made a mistake? undecided

Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by Kobojunkie: 5:37pm On Jan 29, 2023
Blissguts:
I would have had a discussion with you on these but you're not a believer. Just an agent of confusion. You choose to derail christian threads.

Try harder
All I want is to be made to understand why you do not accept what Jesus Christ said in John 5 vs 41 as God's Truth. undecided

Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by Kobojunkie: 8:31pm On Jan 29, 2023
themanderon:
You are an antichrist pretending to be a Christian yet you are not. You are not of God but an agent of darkness sent to pollute the word of God and to turn it upside down. You better repent before God opens your chapter. You always seek out Christian topics to spread your new age lies.
I am antiChrist for insisting that the Law as set forth by Jesus Christ Himself, a Law which He commanded His followers to submit to and obey, be recognized by all those who claim to be His followers. undecided
Wow... you folks are really clueless as far as Jesus Christ is concerned for you to conclude that that which insists on doing as Jesus Christ commands is anti-Christ. undecided

Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by Kobojunkie: 8:32pm On Jan 29, 2023
leisuretym:
You too dey argue, after smoking your oshogbo weed, you go come here come dey cause confusion, I’ve been monitoring you
so? undecided
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by remsonik(f): 8:45pm On Jan 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
All I want to understand is why you do not accept what Jesus Christ said in John 5 vs 41 as God's Truth. undecided
Oga read the whole chapter and you will understand what Jesus christ is trying to say there.
Here in that passage Jesus was speaking to the jews that prosecuted him for healing the man with 38 years infirmity on the sabbath day. He spoke against their hypocrisy
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by Kobojunkie: 8:47pm On Jan 29, 2023
remsonik:
Oga read the whole chapter and you will understand what Jesus christ is trying to say there.
Oh, I have read the whole chapter and then some. So you tell me exactly what part of the whole chapter negates what was boldly stated by Jesus Christ in verse 41? I look forward to reading your response. undecided
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by remsonik(f): 9:09pm On Jan 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Oh, I have read the whole chapter and then some. So you tell me exactly what part of the whole chapter negates what was boldly stated by Jesus Christ in verse 41? I look forward to reading your response. undecided

John 5:37-47 And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.
And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.
Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
I receive not honour from men.
But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you.
I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.
How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?
Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust.
For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.
But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

Read the words of Jesus here, he was speaking to the jews who prosecuted him for healing the man with infirmity at the pool of Bethesda on sabbath day. He said the father which has sent him bore witness of him but they don't believe him because they don't have God's word abiding in them.
He said in verse 41 that he doesn't receive honor from men and they don't have the love of God in them.
In verse 44 he said how can they believe when they receive the honor that comes from one another and not from God. He was asking them a question here and he ended that Bible passage telling them that when he gets into heaven he won't accuse them before God and will plead with the father for them,cos all the old testament prophets such as Moses are accusing them in heaven cos they didn't believe them. He said if they had believed Moses and the other old prophets they would have believed him.

So stop living your life as the jews, don't be an hypocrite. Read the Bible well, give your life to Christ and I pray that God will open your spiritual eyes and mind, give you much more wisdom, knowledge and understanding of his words!
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by Kobojunkie: 9:18pm On Jan 29, 2023
remsonik:
■Read the words of Jesus here, he was speaking to the jews who prosecuted him for healing the man with infirmity at the pool of Bethesda on sabbath day. He said the father which has sent him bore witness of him but they don't believe him because they don't have God's word abiding in them. He said in verse 41 that he doesn't receive honor from men and they don't have the love of God in them.
■ In verse 44 he said how can they believe when they receive the honor that comes from one another and not from God. He was asking them a question here and he ended that Bible passage telling them that when he gets into heaven he won't accuse them before God and will plead with the father for them,cos all the old testament prophets such as Moses are accusing them in heaven cos they didn't believe them. He said if they had believed Moses and the other old prophets they would have believed him.
■ So stop living your life as the jews, don't be an hypocrite. Read the Bible well, give your life to Christ and I pray that God will open your spiritual eyes and mind, give you much more wisdom, knowledge and understanding of his words!
1. According to scripture, all He in fact said in verse 41 is that He does not receive honor from men - all human beings. Let's not add to that which is made clear abeg. So, if He does not receive honor from men, as is clearly stated, why offer to Him that which He made clear He does not receive? undecided

2. I am more interested in learning what part of the chapter negates what Jesus Christ made clear in verse 41.
▪︎Does verse 44 state that Jesus Christ in fact receives honor from humans?
▪︎Or that what is stated in verse 41 is not in fact of truth?
▪︎Does verse 44 say we should offer Jesus Christ honor regardless of whether He can receive it from us or not? undecided

3. Let's not derail from the main issue abeg! Please go back and explain what aspects of the chapter tells us that contrary to what Jesus Christ said in verse 41, we are to offer Him honor even though He made clear He does not receive honor from humans. undecided
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by remsonik(f): 9:26pm On Jan 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. According to scripture, all He in fact said in verse 41 is that He does not receive honor from men - all human beings. Let's not add to that which is made clear abeg. So, if He does not receive honor from men, as is clearly stated, why offer to Him that which He made clear He does not receive? undecided

2. I am more interested in learning what part of the chapter negates what Jesus Christ made clear in verse 41.
▪︎Does verse 44 state that Jesus Christ in fact receives honor from humans?
▪︎Or that what is stated in verse 41 is not in fact of truth?
▪︎Does verse 44 say we should offer Jesus Christ honor regardless of whether He can receive it from us or not? undecided

3. Let's not derail from the main issue abeg! Please go back and explain what aspects of the chapter tells us that contrary to what Jesus Christ said in verse 41, we are to offer Him honor even though He made clear He does not receive honor from humans. undecided

He said he doesn't receive honor from men then when he was on earth doing the father's work cos they don't have the love of God in them. Here he was testifying to the experiences he's had with them.

Those who love God and believe in Christ will honor him that's what the grandma was doing here. He receives from them who honor him.

You yourself you always argue against God and the scripture, you don't honor him cos you don't believe in him and his words and always go against it.

No problem christ is pleading with you in heaven and if you don't turn back and accept him as your lord and personal savior then hell is waiting for you.
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by Kobojunkie: 9:33pm On Jan 29, 2023
remsonik:
He said he doesn't receive honor from men then when he was on earth doing the father's work cos they don't have the love of God in them.
■ Those who love God and believe in Christ will honor him that's what the grandma was doing here.
■ You yourself you always argue against God and the scripture, you don't honor him cos you don't believe in him and his words and always go against it.
■ No problem christ is pleading with you in heaven and if you don't turn back and accept him as your lord and personal savior then hell is waiting for you.
1. Where in scripture is the part of the post in red found in scripture? undecided

2. Those who love God will honor Him by doing that which Jesus Christ said they should not do. According to Jesus Christ, those who honor God are instead those who do as He says - John 14 vs 15 - 20. So, are you insinuating that all Jesus Christ told His followers was lies? undecided

3. I argue against God? Where exactly do you have me arguing against God? Do you mean that by stating that the Words of God be obeyed I argue against God? undecided

4. Pleading with me to stop insisting that His decrees be obeyed? undecided
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by leisuretym: 9:39pm On Jan 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
so? undecided Was My father lying or was He deluded when He declared that He does not want to be praised by humans? undecided

Don’t quote me when you are saying nonsense , stop insulting your own father , people will think you are a bastard or are you?
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by Kobojunkie: 9:41pm On Jan 29, 2023
leisuretym:

Don’t quote me when you are saying nonsense , stop insulting your own father , people will think you are a bastard or are you?
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by MorningSir: 9:41pm On Jan 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So what you are saying is Jesus Christ was Himself demented when He said He did not want praise from any humans? undecided Was Jesus Christ lying or was He deluded when He declared that He does not want to be praised by humans? undecided
I think you might have to read my post again then try to answer…
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by Kobojunkie: 9:42pm On Jan 29, 2023
MorningSir:
I think you might have to read my post again then try to answer…
My major concern here is in understanding why you reject what Jesus Christ made boldly clear in the passage. undecided
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by remsonik(f): 9:42pm On Jan 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Where in scripture is the part of the post in red found in scripture? undecided

2. Those who love God will honor Him by doing that which Jesus Christ said they should not do. According to Jesus Christ, those who honor God are instead those who do as He says - John 14 vs 15 - 20. So, are you insinuating that all Jesus Christ told His followers was lies? undecided

3. I argue against God? Where exactly do you have me arguing against God? Do you mean that by stating that the Words of God be obeyed I argue against God? undecided

4. Pleading with me to stop insisting that His decrees be obeyed? undecided
Anyways you have false believe cos you don't have a clear understanding of the scriptures.

If all what you believe is this then continue it, by the day you end your journey in this world, you will get judgement and its either heaven or hell for you.

Every man will be judged according to his works. The road to heaven is very narrow and the road to hell is wide so keep it up
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by leisuretym: 9:48pm On Jan 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Was My father lying or was He deluded when He declared that He does not want to be praised by humans? undecided
Ask him ,

get out of my mention, let me enjoy my wife, she’s already on my bed, sorry we can argue tomorrow when I’m out for lunch.
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by Kobojunkie: 9:49pm On Jan 29, 2023
remsonik:
■Anyways you have false believe cos you don't have a clear understanding of the scriptures.
■If all what you believe is this then continue it, by the day you end your journey in this world, you will get judgement and its either heaven or hell for you.
■Every man will be judged according to his works. The road to heaven is very narrow and the road to hell is wide so keep it up
1. So, let me get this straight. No aspect of the Gospel teachings of Jesus Christ negates that was boldly stated by Jesus Christ made in John 5...
... yet you conveniently conclude that my belief which is that Jesus Christ stated God's Truth when He said He does not receive honor from humans is wrong? undecided

2. So, you actually believe that on judgment day, Jesus Christ will condemn me for accepting and obeying what He made clear in His Gospel? shocked

3. And according to Jesus Christ, those who belong to Him are those who accept and obey His teachings and commandments - John 14 vs 15 - 20. So, are you insinuating that Jesus Christ will turn a liar on that day and condemn me for accepting and obeying that which He decreed? undecided
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by Kobojunkie: 9:50pm On Jan 29, 2023
leisuretym:

Ask him ,

get out of my mention, let me enjoy my wife, she’s already on my bed, sorry we can argue tomorrow when I’m out for lunch.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

South Africans Vow To Sack Christ Embassy / "Pentecostal Pastors Are Marketers": Oladele Ogundipe Genesis / Apostle Suleman: Why I Rejected Cash Gift From Boy Who Later Got Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.