Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,702 members, 7,827,570 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God (34623 Views)

Celestial Church Invites Pasuma, Portable To Praise Night (Photo) / Loud Snoring Heard As Imam Forgets To Switch Off Mosque Microphone / Praise God With Any Hymn/Song As 2017 Ends Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by MorningSir: 10:05pm On Jan 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
My major concern here is in understanding why you reject what Jesus Christ made boldly clear in the passage. undecided
Was Jesus Christ lying or was He deluded when He declared that He does not want to be praised by humans? undecided
I don’t want to sound annoying but sadly I have the same answer sir…👇🏽👇🏽👇🏽

(Rinse&Repeat)
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by Preacherrr(m): 10:06pm On Jan 29, 2023
DON'T MIND THE SICK FELLOW. ALWAYS LIKE ARGUING. I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE THAT NOTICED IT ABOUT HIM. THE DEMON IN HIM LIKES ARGUING AND MISINTERPRETING SCRIPTURES JUST TO TURN PEOPLE AWAY FROM CHRIST. HIS DOOMED ALREADY.
leisuretym:

You too dey argue, after smoking your oshogbo weed, you go come here come dey cause confusion, I’ve been monitoring you
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by Kobojunkie: 10:09pm On Jan 29, 2023
MorningSir:
I don’t want to sound annoying but sadly I have the same answer sir…👇🏽👇🏽👇🏽

(Rinse&Repeat)
So, even after I highlighted what Jesus Christ made bold in that passage, you think my intent is to make you seem stupid by posting His exact words for you to learn from? undecided
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by leisuretym: 10:10pm On Jan 29, 2023
Preacherrr:
DON'T MIND THE SICK FELLOW. ALWAYS LIKE ARGUING. I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE THAT NOTICED IT ABOUT HIM. THE DEMON IN HIM LIKES ARGUING AND MISINTERPRETING SCRIPTURES JUST TO TURN PEOPLE AWAY FROM CHRIST. HIS DOOMED ALREADY.

I think he has mental issue, I can’t waste my time because of him, all I can say is may he get treatment before he enter market on a full scale madness .
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by remsonik(f): 10:13pm On Jan 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. So, let me get this straight. No aspect of the Gospel teachings of Jesus Christ negates that was boldly stated by Jesus Christ made in John 5... ... yet you conveniently conclude that my belief which is that Jesus Christ stated God's Truth when He said He does not receive honor from humans is wrong? undecided

2. So, you actually believe that on judgment day, Jesus Christ will condemn me for accepting and obeying what He made clear in His Gospel? shocked

3. And according to Jesus Christ, those who belong to Him are those who accept and obey His teachings and commandments - John 14 vs 15 - 20. So, are you insinuating that Jesus Christ will turn a liar on that day and condemn me for accepting and obeying that which He decreed? undecided

I rebuke and I reject you in Jesus name, read my posts well and stop lying against me. I said God will judge you in the right ways, whichever way you think is right go through it and when you end your journey in life you will know what is right.

Jesus is not a liar, the Bible is truth and you will be condemned for not accepting his words. If turning the word of God around is what suits you and not having knowledge and understanding of it,continue.

Jesus made a testimony of his experiences with the jews and you're lying against him, keep it up.

I am not the one who will judge you but on judgement day when he comes back the book will be opened and everyone has a record of their actions in life there. We will all be judged and names will be called.

Goodnight!
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by remsonik(f): 10:15pm On Jan 29, 2023
leisuretym:

I think he has mental issue, I can’t waste my time because of him, all I can say is may he get treatment before he enter market on a full scale madness .
Honestly just tired of him, alway misinterpreting the scripture and turning God's words around
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by leisuretym: 10:18pm On Jan 29, 2023
remsonik:

Honestly just tired of him, alway misinterpreting the scripture and turning God's words around

He’s not a Christian, I wonder why seun allowed people to misbehave on Christian threads and insults Jesus on Sundays , you can’t even comment on their threads on Fridays without accepting their god as your god, he need to balance thing here
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by fixit123: 10:21pm On Jan 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ explicitly stated that He does not seek nor desire praise from any human being. He discouraged the praising of His person by humans.
The same Jesus Christ said that those who do what He commands are those who belong to Him.
So why then do you praise Jesus Christ, against His own decree, yet believe yourself to be of Him? undecided

Jesus NEVER says not to worship HIM, this is a very ambiguous ignoramus statement...

The Word praise in your Bible translatio in that verse John 5 vs 41 is wrongly translated.. the closest to the original translation of the Hebrew and Greek lexicon is the OLD KING JAMES TRANSLATION

the Word in that verse "praise" in your translation, in the original Greek lexicon it is "δόξα" which really means repute, honour, glory, opinion, estimate

So it the context of what Jesus was addressing,, He was talking in relationship to honor, how that He receives His honor, estimation from God, of which God spoke severally telling the people
"THIS IS MY BELIEVE SON, IN WHOM I AM WELL PLEASED, HEAR YE HIM"
meaning what they say about Him doesn't count but what God says about Him, How God estimates Him that counts....

Also in the 44th verse according to YOUR TRANSLATION

44 You like to have praise from each other. But you never try to get the praise that comes from the only God. So how can you believe?

SO YOU MEAN THEY WERE SINGING PRAISE AND WORSHIP TO EACH OTHER?

IN THE KING JAMES VERSION WHICH IS CORRECT SAYS

John 5:44 How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?

1 Like

Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by MorningSir: 10:26pm On Jan 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So, even after I highlighted what Jesus Christ made bold in that passage, you think my intent is to make you seem stupid by posting His exact words for you to learn from? undecided
ok I understand you now sir. Sorry for the stress🙏🏿
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by Kobojunkie: 10:27pm On Jan 29, 2023
remsonik:
■I rebuke and I reject you in Jesus name, read my posts well and stop lying against me. I said God will judge you in the right ways, whichever way you think is right go through it and when you end your journey in life you will know what is right.
■Jesus is not a liar, the Bible is truth and you will be condemned for not accepting his words. If turning the word of God around is what suits you and not having knowledge and understanding of it,continue.
■God made a testimony of his experiences with the jews and you're lying against him, keep it up. I am not the one who will judge you but on judgement day when he comes back the book will be opened and everyone has a record of their actions in life there. We will all be judged and names will be called.
1. Rebuke and reject me, how? undecided

God's right Way is Jesus Christ — God's standard and Truth —and as Jesus Christ clearly said only those who do as He teaches and commands belong to Him. So, regardless of what you think or what I think, all those who are born-again will be judged by Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ alone. undecided

2. Jesus Christ is not a liar yet you do not accept what He said in John 5 vs 41 as God's Truth meaning you don't believe what He spoke was Truth. I accept and obey what He says even in John 5 vs 41 since I have to trust and obey Him — I do not offer Him that which He clearly says He does not receive. I didn't turn even a word of what He said around nor did I twist it. I simply accept what He said as He said it. But you on the other hand have spent the last 3 or 4 posts attempting to twist what He said into something else. So, why do you turn around to accuse me of not accepting Him? undecided

3. How could I be lying against Him when He clearly said He does not receive honor from humans —Jews included? Do you realize that you continue to make Him seem a liar by these false defenses you pretend you offer for His sake..... a defense He never asked you for? It seems you seem to think that giving Jesus Christ what He never asked for is how you honor Him Him but that of lies. undecided
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by fixit123: 10:31pm On Jan 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ explicitly stated that He does not seek nor desire praise from any human being. He discouraged the praising of His person by humans.
The same Jesus Christ said that those who do what He commands are those who belong to Him.
So why then do you praise Jesus Christ, against His own decree, yet believe yourself to be of Him? undecided

So also your Estimation or who HE IS ALSO DOES NOT COUNT TODAY MR KOBO"JUNKIE"

Just a few scriptures where He was worshipped

Matthew 8:2 And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.
Matthew 14:33 Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God.
Matthew 28:17 And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.
Mark 5:6 But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him,
Luke 24:52 And they worshipped him, and returned to Jerusalem with great joy:
John 9:38 And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him.

He never rejected any one of these worships.......

Also

Luke 17:12 to 18 And as he entered into a certain village, there met him ten men that were lepers, which stood afar off: And they lifted up their voices, and said, Jesus, Master, have mercy on us. And when he saw them, he said unto them, Go shew yourselves unto the priests. And it came to pass, that, as they went, they were cleansed. And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, and with a loud voice glorified God, And fell down on his face at his feet, giving him thanks: and he was a Samaritan. And Jesus answering said, Were there not ten cleansed? but where are the nine? There are not found that returned to give glory to God, save this stranger.

One came and gave thanks, Jesus Said the remaining nine didn't return to give glory to "God",,,

If they had come back to thank him, he would not have made that BIG STATEMENT ..

1 Like

Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by Kobojunkie: 10:33pm On Jan 29, 2023
fixit123:
■ Jesus NEVER says not to worship HIM, this is a very ambiguous ignoramus statement...The Word praise in your Bible translatio in that verse John 5 vs 41 is wrongly translated.. the closest to the original translation of the Hebrew and Greek lexicon is the OLD KING JAMES TRANSLATION the Word in that verse "praise" in your translation, in the original Greek lexicon it is "δόξα" which really means repute, honour, glory, opinion, estimate

■ So it the context of what Jesus was addressing,, He was talking in relationship to honor, how that He receives His honor, estimation from God, of which God spoke severally telling the people "THIS IS MY BELIEVE SON, IN WHOM I AM WELL PLEASED, HEAR YE HIM"
meaning what they say about Him doesn't count but what God says about Him, How God estimates Him that counts.... Also in the 44th verse according to YOUR TRANSLATION 44 You like to have praise from each other. But you never try to get the praise that comes from the only God. So how can you believe? SO YOU MEAN THEY WERE SINGING PRAISE AND WORSHIP TO EACH OTHER? IN THE KING JAMES VERSION WHICH IS CORRECT SAYS. John 5:44 How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?
1. Let's go with what you said here then. So, basically, you are saying that Jesus Christ instead said that He does not want glory/honor/estimate from human beings, right? Or do you instead prefer it is stated that He cannot receive glory/honor/estimation from human beings? undecided

2. So, what you are saying then is that Jesus Christ cannot receive glory/honor/estimation from Human beings meaning it is in vain that humans pretend to offer Him honor/glory/estimation since He can only receive it from God, right? undecided

Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by fixit123: 10:37pm On Jan 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:

So dear kobojunkie, also some scriptures to show you the estimation or honor of God

Philippians 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 2:11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Every tongue and knee bow and confess HIS LORDSHIP

ALSO SOME MORE ESTIMATION, HONOR OR REPUTE.. 😃

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Shall be called "mighty GOD" GOD is associated with worship, praise because the Word God means an item of worship, praise...

1 Like

Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by Kobojunkie: 10:41pm On Jan 29, 2023
fixit123:
■So also your Estimation or who HE IS ALSO DOES NOT COUNT TODAY MR KOBO"JUNKIE"
Just a few scriptures where He was worshipped
Matthew 8:2 And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.
Matthew 14:33 Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God.
Matthew 28:17 And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.
Mark 5:6 But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him,
Luke 24:52 And they worshipped him, and returned to Jerusalem with great joy:
John 9:38 And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him.
He never rejected any one of these worships.......

■ Also Luke 17:12 to 18 And as he entered into a certain village, there met him ten men that were lepers, which stood afar off: And they lifted up their voices, and said, Jesus, Master, have mercy on us. And when he saw them, he said unto them, Go shew yourselves unto the priests. And it came to pass, that, as they went, they were cleansed. And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, and with a loud voice glorified God, And fell down on his face at his feet, giving him thanks: and he was a Samaritan. And Jesus answering said, Were there not ten cleansed? but where are the nine? There are not found that returned to give glory to God, save this stranger.
One came and gave thanks, Jesus Said the remaining nine didn't return to give glory to "God",,, If they had come back to thank him, he would not have made that BIG STATEMENT ..
1. According to Jesus Christ, those who belong to Him are those who accept and obey His teachings and commandments - John 14 vs 15 - 20 - and those who are His friends are those who do as He says - John 15 vs 14. So, do you do as others are written to have supposedly done in Scripture, or do you instead do as Jesus Christ demands of His followers - those who belong to Him? undecided

2. Again, the same Jesus Christ never announced any of those as His followers. So, do you intend to be a follower of His or just one of the crowds that went around with Him? undecided
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by rainlover(m): 10:42pm On Jan 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Do you even understand what that means? undecided Was Jesus Christ lying or was He deluded when He declared that He does not want to be praised by humans? undecided
U don't even understand what you just read.
Keep taking scriptures out of its contest just to satisfy your vain philosophies..

IN THE BEGINNING WAS THE WORD AND THE WORD WAS WITH GOD AND THE WORD WAS GOD.

JESUS is GOD
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by Kobojunkie: 10:45pm On Jan 29, 2023
fixit123:
■So dear kobojunkie, also some scriptures to show you the estimation or honor of God
Philippians 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 2:11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Every tongue and knee bow and confess HIS LORDSHIP

■ ALSO SOME MORE ESTIMATION, HONOR OR REPUTE.. 😃 Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Shall be called "mighty GOD" GOD is associated with worship, praise because the Word God means an item of worship, praise...
1. So, has that taken place yet? Because according to what is written in the Gospels, that will only happen after Jesus Christ, not before. undecided

2. Isaiah's prophesy of what was to come is also of estimation?. . undecided
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by Kobojunkie: 10:45pm On Jan 29, 2023
rainlover:
■U don't even understand what you just read. Keep taking scriptures out of its contest just to satisfy your vain philosophies..IN THE BEGINNING WAS THE WORD AND THE WORD WAS WITH GOD AND THE WORD WAS GOD. JESUS is GOD
1. So, because Jesus Christ is God, we should not take Him at His Word? undecided

Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by advanceDNA: 10:46pm On Jan 29, 2023
fixit123:

Jesus NEVER says not to worship HIM, this is a very ambiguous ignoramus statement...

The Word praise in your Bible translatio in that verse John 5 vs 41 is wrongly translated.. the closest to the original translation of the Hebrew and Greek lexicon is the OLD KING JAMES TRANSLATION

the Word in that verse "praise" in your translation, in the original Greek lexicon it is "δόξα" which really means repute, honour, glory, opinion, estimate

So it the context of what Jesus was addressing,, He was talking in relationship to honor, how that He receives His honor, estimation from God, of which God spoke severally telling the people
"THIS IS MY BELIEVE SON, IN WHOM I AM WELL PLEASED, HEAR YE HIM"
meaning what they say about Him doesn't count but what God says about Him, How God estimates Him that counts....

Also in the 44th verse according to YOUR TRANSLATION

44 You like to have praise from each other. But you never try to get the praise that comes from the only God. So how can you believe?

SO YOU MEAN THEY WERE SINGING PRAISE AND WORSHIP TO EACH OTHER?

IN THE KING JAMES VERSION WHICH IS CORRECT SAYS

John 5:44 How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?

Lol....u are just wasting ur time..... grin
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by fixit123: 10:47pm On Jan 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Let's go with what you said here then. So, basically, you are saying that Jesus Christ instead said that He does not want glory/honor/estimate from human beings, right? Or do you instead prefer it is stated that He cannot receive glory/honor/estimation from human beings? undecided

2. So, what you are saying then is that Jesus Christ cannot receive glory/honor/estimation from Human beings meaning it is in vain that humans pretend to offer Him honor/glory/estimation since He can only receive it from God, right? undecided

That's why it is important that you receive from God what God calls revelation and THE HOLY GHOST so you will know Who HE is, that's only when you can truly worship Him....

LET ME ALSO SHOW YOU ONE MAN THAT JESUS RECEIVED HONOR FROM BECAUSE THE HONOUR DIDNT ORIGINATE FROM THE MAN BUT ORIGINATED FROM GOD, SO JESUS COULD ACCEPT IT..

Let's go

Matthew 16:13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?

Jesus asked Here, who do men say that I am, their opinion and estimation of HIS MANIFESTATION TO THEM

SOME PEOPLE JUST LIKE YOU SAID HE WAS JUST A PROPHET NOT WORTHY OF WORSHIP OR ANY SORT OF THAT KIND OF THING

Matthew 16:14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.

Then

Matthew 16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

Matthew 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

Note:: Peter said thou art the "CHRIST" before he said the Son of the Living God....

The old Greek lexicon is Χριστός, which is Called Christ, anointing, The messiah, Spirit...

And that's God,,

Son of the living God...(the revelation of that great eternal Being, God revealed in a human flesh))

Matthew 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Jesus said He is correct and flesh and blood,(man, theology, seminar,himself didn't reveal it, but God).
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by fixit123: 10:50pm On Jan 29, 2023
advanceDNA:

Lol....u are just wasting ur time..... grin

Christians were forewarned of such characters to be in the last times as we are in,,,,, I'm just replying because of some weak ones that may have been swayed by his lies and misinterpretation...
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by Kobojunkie: 10:52pm On Jan 29, 2023
fixit123:
■That's why it is important that you receive from God what God calls revelation and THE HOLY GHOST so you will know Who HE is, that's only when you can truly worship Him....LET ME ALSO SHOW YOU ONE MAN THAT JESUS RECEIVED HONOR FROM BECAUSE THE HONOUR DIDNT ORIGINATE FROM THE MAN BUT ORIGINATED FROM GOD, SO JESUS COULD ACCEPT IT..
Let's go Matthew 16:13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am? Jesus asked Here, who do men say that I am, their opinion and estimation of HIS MANIFESTATION TO THEM SOME PEOPLE JUST LIKE YOU SAID HE WAS JUST A PROPHET NOT WORTHY OF WORSHIP OR ANY SORT OF THAT KIND OF THING
■ Matthew 16:14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets. Then Matthew 16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? Matthew 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God Note:: Peter said thou art the "CHRIST" before he said the Son of the Living God....The old Greek lexicon is Χριστός, which is Called Christ, anointing, The messiah, Spirit... And that's God,, Son of the living God...(the revelation of that great eternal Being, God revealed in a human flesh))Matthew 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
Jesus said He is correct and flesh and blood,(man, theology, seminar,himself didn't reveal it, but God).
I have to admit that it is hard to make heads or tails of what you are trying to saying. undecided

1. Are you saying that when Jesus Christ said in John 5 vs 41, He was in error? Or He lied? You keep referencing unrelated texts as though to say Jesus Christ was in error by declaring that He does not receive glory/estimation/honor from humans, so please be clear. Did Jesus Christ make a mistake or did He lie? undecided

2. Peter's admission that Jesus Christ was God does not mean people did so to honor Jesus Christ. He simply spoke a Truth, the Truth of God. You claim Peter said that to honor Jesus Christ, so does that mean you then believe Jesus Christ received said honor from Peter and hence lied when He proclaimed that He does not receive honor/glory from humans in John 5 vs 41? undecided
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by remsonik(f): 10:53pm On Jan 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. So, because Jesus Christ is God, we should not take Him at His Word? undecided
You should take him at his word but read the scriptures clearly and don't do a false interpretation of it.
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by Kobojunkie: 10:55pm On Jan 29, 2023
remsonik:
You should take him at his word but read the scriptures clearly and don't do a false interpretation of it.
If you indeed take Jesus Christ at His Word then you would accept that Jesus Christ does not receive Honor from human beings. But you don't believe that at all meaning you reject what Jesus Christ clearly said. undecided
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by fixit123: 10:56pm On Jan 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I have to admit that it is hard to make heads of tails of any of what you are saying. undecided

1. Are you saying that when Jesus Christ said in John 5 vs 41, He was in error? Or He lied? You keep referencing unrelated texts as though to say Jesus Christ was in error by declaring that He does not receive glory/estimation/honor from humans, so please be clear. Did Jesus Christ make a mistake or did He lie? undecided

I see you don't have the capacity to understand but just want to debate and have a platform to display your ignorance,,, I won't give you that privilege...

The Bible tells Christians not to cast their pearls to swine, for they won't understand it and trample on it....

People who are sincere can read and get a conclusion for themselves..

Good night Mr kobojunkie
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by remsonik(f): 10:58pm On Jan 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I have to admit that it is hard to make heads of tails of any of what you are saying. undecided

Oga in that Bible passage Jesus was speaking to the jews who prosecuted him for healing the man with 38 years infirmity at the pool of Bethesda. Jesus didn't make a mistake or lie. Read from verse 1 to the end and stop this your heresies.

While he was in the world only few honored him and the ones who didn't honor him he said it's because they don't have love for God and believe in his words.
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by advanceDNA: 11:00pm On Jan 29, 2023
fixit123:

Christians were forewarned of such characters to be in the last times as we are in,,,,, I'm just replying because of some weak ones that may have been swayed by his lies and misinterpretation...

... anybody that gets swayed by him will have himself to be blamed....

U clearly showed him in matt14 where Jesus' disciples worshipped him in the boat when they saw proof of his awesomeness tgat could only come from being sent by God.... but he dodged it and focus only on the other examples of non-disciples that worshipped jesus ....

1 Like

Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by advanceDNA: 11:04pm On Jan 29, 2023
remsonik:

Oga in that Bible passage Jesus was speaking to the jews who prosecuted him for healing the man with 38 years infirmity at the pool of Bethesda. Jesus didn't make a mistake or lie. Read from verse 1 to the end and stop this your heresies.

While he was in the world only few honored him and the ones who didn't honor him he said it's because they don't have love for God and believe in his words.

U are just wasting your time and energy...

Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by remsonik(f): 11:04pm On Jan 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
If you indeed take Jesus Christ at His Word then you would accept that Jesus Christ does not receive Honor from human beings. But you don't believe that at all meaning you reject what Jesus Christ clearly said. undecided

If you say Jesus doesn't receive honor from human beings that's why you won't honor him, then fine.
Don't honor him cos you misinterpreted his words which Jesus clearly testified to that those who do not honor him do not love God or believe in in his words vs 41-44
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by Kobojunkie: 11:07pm On Jan 29, 2023
fixit123:
■I see you don't have the capacity to understand but just want to debate and have a platform to display your ignorance,,, I won't give you that privilege...The Bible tells Christians not to cast their pearls to swine, for they won't understand it and trample on it....
■People who are sincere can read and get a conclusion for themselves.. Good night Mr kobojunkie
1. When Jesus Christ said do not cast your persons to swine, He in fact mean that when giving — of their wealth —, His followers should not give to those who already have but instead to those who do not — the poor and the needy. undecided

2. You yourself made clear that in the context of John 5 Jesus Christ made two things very clear to all, and they are:
■ He does not receive honor/glory/estimation from humans.
■ He receives honor/glory/estimation only from God, the Father, Himself.

In that passage, Jesus Christ clearly distanced Himself from the Pharisees by making clear that they receive their glory from humans whereas He, Jesus Christ, is unable to receive glory/honor/estimation from humans. However, you ignore all that to insist instead that Jesus Christ does in fact receive glory from humans making Him equal to the very Pharisees He was attempting to repudiate in that passage. Why, I don't know and I don't understand at all. undecided

Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by Kobojunkie: 11:10pm On Jan 29, 2023
remsonik:
■Oga in that Bible passage Jesus was speaking to the jews who prosecuted him for healing the man with 38 years infirmity at the pool of Bethesda. Jesus didn't make a mistake or lie. Read from verse 1 to the end and stop this your heresies.
■ While he was in the world only few honored him and the ones who didn't honor him he said it's because they don't have love for God and believe in his words.
1. Are all humans Jews? Or are His disciples and eventual followers not humans? undecided

2. Again, so what you are invariably saying is that the entirety of the Gospel which Jesus Christ gave to us is obsolete since Jesus Christ is no longer in the world? undecided
Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by Kobojunkie: 11:18pm On Jan 29, 2023
remsonik:
■If you say Jesus doesn't receive honor from human beings that's why you won't honor him, then fine.
■ Don't honor him cos you misinterpreted his words which Jesus clearly testified to that those who do not honor him do not love God or believe in in his words vs 41-44
1. Jesus Christ made clear in the passage that cannot receive praises/honor/glory from me since I am a human being, so it is in vain and against Him that I would offer Him that which He cannot receive. However, the same Jesus Christ made clear that the only one who He is able to receive Honor from is God. And to honor God is to accept and obey the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, God's Truth and Law in the Kingdom of God. And since it is far greater to receive glory from God than to receive from men, doing what God commands is the way to go for me, as a follower of Jesus Christ. undecided

2. The passage is written in clear text... no interpretation of any kind is necessary as simple human language comprehension skills are all that is required here. Maybe the reason you are blind to what is written has to do with your attempts at interpreting that which is clearly written. undecided

Re: Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God by jmichael259(m): 11:22pm On Jan 29, 2023
jaephoenix:

empty skul insults his ancestors

At first, You were a physician of 20yrs, now you have more experience than my biological age? Maybe in the next hour you'll claim to have practiced madness longer than Elizabeth reigned.

I may have some qualms with some people's beliefs but why on earth does a video of a woman singing cause you so much pain?

Boy, if you had any sense at all, you'd have known that dementia might create gaps but not necesarily wipe entire memory except really extreme cases.
And While you were busy reading finess and labia from opera news and linda ikeji blog, some of us actually handled aged folks/patients so we can relate to the post.
They may forget their kids name sometimes or try to get ready for the school bus. They don't feel comfortable in strange places and would make multiple attempts to escape to their own homes but most certainly they don't need your indian movies to teach them how to sing songs that they used to love singing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Uganda Pastor Uses His Church Members As Foot Mart,as Directed By God(photos) / Pastor Curses Anybody Who Has Sex On Valentine's Day / South Africans Vow To Sack Christ Embassy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.