Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office A Waste –Buhari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office A Waste –Buhari (9875 Views)

BREAKING NEWS: Bomb Blast Near DSS office ,A Person Dead, 4 Injured / GOVERNMENT WASTE | Buhari Appoints 2 Spokespersons / Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office A Waste –buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office A Waste –Buhari by aikorodo(m): 7:15pm On Sep 08, 2011
, this boko haram sponsor, sorry! Buhari man is devilish. He sponsored his boko haram group to distract the peoples' president and today is critisizing 'mr president'. I only pity people whom u have blind folded.
Re: Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office A Waste –Buhari by Pukkah: 7:18pm On Sep 08, 2011
All the people abusing and insulting Buhari, without addressing the issues he raised, are guilty of a 'Tu quoque' fallacy or argument.  

A 'Tu quoque' (meaning 'you, too' or 'you, also') argument tries to say that a criticism or opposition also applies to the person making it.  It focuses on the person himself rather than on the argument that he is making or the issues he is raising.

However, the fallacy is a good diversionary tactic as it puts the accuser, who may now be under pressure to provide explanations on the diversion, on the defensive.
Re: Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office A Waste –Buhari by Pukkah: 7:24pm On Sep 08, 2011
Gbawe:

grin grin grin grin Indeed.

@topic.

You folks attacking Buhari can say what you want but his real conduct in recent memory , not the ungracious character assasination peddled around, has been nothing short of exemplary.

You guys should tell us who was one of the first prominent Nigerians to insist that GEJ be sworn in as acting President when the Turai cabal had Mr. President by the neck. Ironically Buhari is now the enemy while the many cowards, too scared to speak, who deserted GEJ back then are his 'buddies' today.

You should also tell us who Stated loudly that GEJ has a constitutional right to run for the Presidency when Ciroma, Yakassai,IBB et al insisted he must not and Atiku openly threatened violence.

Twice he has gone to Court to try and gain his electoral mandate - once against a Southerner in OBJ. Yet we are to believe he is Lord Boko Haramist because it suits the witch hunt mentality of Nigerians.

Make una carry on. GEJ is doing a fine job of messing things up by himself and soon you will all need far more bogeymen than Buhari alone to justify your "enemies-are-preventing-GEJ-from-delivering" theory.

Are you minding them? Sometimes one cannot but get the impression that it's either some Nigerians have not yet suffered enough, are too young/not exposed to appreciate the suffering or where the world has moved to, or has been blinded by corruption or pecuniary benefits. It may even be due to plain ignorance.

In all, it's a tragedy to see the kind of arguments that some people peddle in spite of Nigeria's worsening Human Development Indices amidst increasing revenues.

Who will save Nigeria from Nigerians?
Re: Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office A Waste –Buhari by Emmy3(m): 7:27pm On Sep 08, 2011
SKII:

Not that I support Buhari or Goodluck,

People should stop disrespecting Buhari like that. As long as you don't have any evidence yet linking him directly to BOKO HARAM, then please and please stop insinuating that he is in any way their sponsor. You are all lucky we are pseudo-anonymous on this forum.

Again for the innocent corpers that died (God rest their souls), no evidence directly connects the CPC or Buhari in such a manner as to conclude that they may have instigated violence against these innocent souls.

And as for Buhari's opinion on Jonathan's 100 days-everybody is entitled to their own opinion. it doesnt have to be similar to yours. and for attacking Buhari because of that you would be no different from those who attacked and killed those who died in the aftermath of the elections because they were perceived to share different opinions along the religious/ethnic/political affiliation lines
ARE U SURE U ARE  HUMAN??
If yes,
then I
wonder
the
kind of your
logical faculty. . .
Re: Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office A Waste –Buhari by seanet02: 7:29pm On Sep 08, 2011
[size=25pt]100 days of Promise Made, Promised Failed[/size]
Re: Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office A Waste –Buhari by mikolo08(m): 7:34pm On Sep 08, 2011
But honestly speaking GEJ has spent more than 100 days in office? , he has been there for more than a year now as president, so why the 100 days jamboree talk when there's still lots of insecurity in the country, bad roads,  unequipped hospital, and so on.honestly speaking we need a fearless and active president.
Re: Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office A Waste –Buhari by clearlaw: 8:07pm On Sep 08, 2011
100 days not 100 month, sir Buhari if you be in that office the story wil not change, stop speaking politic language, give Janathan that idea you say that you have
Re: Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office A Waste –Buhari by clearlaw: 8:09pm On Sep 08, 2011
100 days not 100 month, sir Buhari if you be in that office the story wil not change, stop speaking politic language, give Janathan that idea you say that you have
Re: Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office A Waste –Buhari by clearlaw: 8:11pm On Sep 08, 2011
Re: Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office A Waste –Buhari by clearlaw: 8:12pm On Sep 08, 2011
Re: Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office A Waste –Buhari by clearlaw: 8:13pm On Sep 08, 2011
Re: Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office A Waste –Buhari by EkoIle1: 8:17pm On Sep 08, 2011
clearlaw:

Unfortunately for many of you kids, the story changed when he was in power, you similac kids are just don't know anything about your own country and wont lean anything about your own country.

Like they say, you can not successfully move forward without getting any good understanding about your history.

Btw, you don't have to repeat the same rubbish a million times, we sure know how to read.
Re: Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office A Waste –Buhari by EkoIle1: 8:21pm On Sep 08, 2011
Pukkah:

Are you minding them? Sometimes one cannot but get the impression that it's either some Nigerians have not yet suffered enough, are too young/not exposed to appreciate the suffering or where the world has moved to, or has been blinded by corruption or pecuniary benefits. It may even be due to plain ignorance.

In all, it's a tragedy to see the kind of arguments that some people peddle in spite of Nigeria's worsening Human Development Indices amidst increasing revenues.

Who will save Nigeria from Nigerians?

Great post.

The way things are going, many average Nigerians are dangerously foolish, mentally corrupt and ignorant for their own good. They are even worse than the crooks and incompetent people the elect, they scare me more.
Re: Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office A Waste –Buhari by nuclearboy(m): 8:52pm On Sep 08, 2011
A cursory analysis of most of these vapid posts shows a "its our turn" mindset! That's why the "Tu Quoque" concept above is so apt.

Tribal warriors, religious bigots, intellectual dummies and badly educated children showing their "freedom" by venting misplaced passions. Most of these insulting General Buhari need help as they have been so well programmed that Pavlov's dog would mock them!

Yet these have convinced themselves that General Buhari is the tribalistic and religious pundit!

Sad where pdp has placed the next generation.
Re: Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office A Waste –Buhari by Builder: 9:40pm On Sep 08, 2011
i will re-phase the question. What exactly has Jonathan Ebele Odechukwu Goodluck's achievement in office been so far? This is the problem with Nigerians, instead of attacking Buharis experience or lack of it, majority of folks here rather call him terrorist and attack his religion, this is about the future of Nigeria, our president was elected based on what he said he gonna do but so far nigeria in all aspect have sunk to a new low. its pains me to say this but our president is painfully clueless about his job description
Re: Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office A Waste –Buhari by Akiika: 9:46pm On Sep 08, 2011
With the kind of comments from some nairalanders, i'm convinced that Nigeria is in no way on any path of redemption. We're screwed, when people don't think right any longer. Not saying Buhari could be any better, but i think his comments are right, GEJ is visionless, corrupt and not any different from any of the past leaders. To some of you blindly supporting GEJ because he's a Southerner OR a Niger-Deltan OR what have you, has you sentiment been rewarded with good governance? food for thought!
Re: Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office A Waste –Buhari by phemmyutd(m): 10:02pm On Sep 08, 2011
You people supporting Gej, since he came to power after the death of our late intelligent president, remember that there were no boko haram den, what can he account for as his archivenment?.
Then if you all belief that buary is sponsoring the boko haram, then who sponsor the Niger delta boy then?. The real fact is that some mumu will still be waiting for this clueless man till 2015 to fulfill his promise.
I knew this man has nothing to offer us since he began his campaign, because he once acting governor of his state, then elected as a governor, yet he can not tell us one of his archivement during his tenor as a governor.
Re: Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office A Waste –Buhari by NiajaDelta: 10:19pm On Sep 08, 2011
Buhari is an arrant non sense shocked i guess he will have a hand in this Boko Haram matter make them check am well , him that nash Democracy longago cos he was in military uniform , we still have all records in our database , He should go and cry me a river for all i care
Re: Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office A Waste –Buhari by friedrice1: 10:39pm On Sep 08, 2011
some dullard here still say Clueless jonathan has been on the seat for only 3months.
Did Yar'adua die 3 months ago?
Re: Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office A Waste –Buhari by Skii(m): 10:56pm On Sep 08, 2011
Its still hard to pin Buhari to BH. This man lost in previous elections and rather than resort to violence, opted for the courts where he spent time, energy and resources. Why didnt he choose BH then?Or why didnt the BH menace erupt then? I read from a post here on NL on how the SSS and Northern leaders struck a deal-on the release and promised care of arrested BH members-as far back as 2007

For GEJ's hundred days in office, I still saw it on the front page of NL recently, GEJ asking ministers to submit their four year plans. Now I am wondering what exactly he wants to do with that? didnt he have plans for all the sectors before? or does he want to compare notes so that he can refine his plans?
I may be wrong but that sounds to me like someone second guessing his ambitions for the country he is tasked with leading
Re: Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office A Waste –Buhari by luluosas(m): 11:31pm On Sep 08, 2011
Why is nairaland always like this? The rate with which we jump to insult one another, whenever one raise his/her views, about the Jonathan's goverment is alarming. We don't border to assimilate whatever issues raised, either for or against, we jump to conclusions and raining insults and name calling on such personality. Let's be objective please! I can tell from the foregoing that, some people have made up their mind on the person of Buhari, no matter what he does or say, to such, he is nothing but, a terrorists. When Jonathan signed the FOI bill, Buhari praised him but, some people still went ahead to calling him names. What do you want him to do for God sake?
Re: Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office A Waste –Buhari by Koikoi(m): 11:32pm On Sep 08, 2011
Pity some pple just say whatever come into their mind. Agreed that for any govt to function well, there must be an organised and clear thinking opposition, whose ideas must be concrete enough to keep the ruling govt on its toes but coming up with abuses to demean the integrity and personality of those in govt is not constructive opposition but self edifying hallucinations. Let Buhari and his cohorts come up with constructive criticisms-the type that can move this country forward and not some childish selfish derogatory statements that will further incite and worsen the already bad security situation that this country is facing right now.
Re: Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office A Waste –Buhari by KA24DETT(m): 11:43pm On Sep 08, 2011
from the comments am reading above, nigerians havent suffered enough. They need to suffer more, the man just said jonathan didnt achieve anything in his first 100 days and people are destroying his character. It is very true. He didnt achieve anything.
Nigerians need to suffer more and more till it comes down to choosing which of children they will have for breakfast, then maybe, we will start voting in competent leaders, we will hold our leaders to ransom, we will demand more from them.
THE PEOPLE DESERVE THE LEADERS THEY GET.
Re: Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office A Waste –Buhari by DaLover(m): 6:13am On Sep 09, 2011
Honestly, of the options that was presented to nigerians, GEJ was the best,
Burahi and Ribabu were really just a waste of political space, I have listened to both to try an get substance from what they intend to achieve and I dont think they really had much to offer.

My main problem with GEJ is same issue 99.99% of nigerians suffer from.
Believing that Govt will do it all,
build roads,
build universities,
Educate everybody
Build houses etc

We do not have the funds or resources to do all this, GEJ needs to cut down on what government is carrying,
Reduce the work load to to say 10%, concentrate on policies and and incentives to enable private investors to the remaining
else he will spend 4 years carrying all this load and achieving very little.

In the mean time Buhari should just shut up since he has nothing constructive to say.
Re: Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office A Waste –Buhari by VolvoS60(m): 6:39am On Sep 09, 2011
KA24DETT:

from the comments am reading above, nigerians havent suffered enough. They need to suffer more, the man just said jonathan didnt achieve anything in his first 100 days and people are destroying his character. It is very true. He didnt achieve anything.
Nigerians need to suffer more and more till it comes down to choosing which of children they will have for breakfast, then maybe, we will start voting in competent leaders, we will hold our leaders to ransom, we will demand more from them.
THE PEOPLE DESERVE THE LEADERS THEY GET.

grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office A Waste –Buhari by texazzpete(m): 7:03am On Sep 09, 2011
There is NO evidence linking Buhari to Boko Haram.
There is NO single hard fact to support the constant allegation that Buhari is a 'religious bigot'.

Ergo, the people that make these constant accusations are deep in the throes of imbecility!
Re: Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office A Waste –Buhari by jaguda(m): 7:20am On Sep 09, 2011
texazzpete:

There is NO evidence linking Buhari to Boko Haram.
There is NO single hard fact to support the constant allegation that Buhari is a 'religious bigot'.

Ergo, the people that make these constant accusations are deep in the throes of imbecility!

facts that Buhari is a religious bigot

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-586305.0.html

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/abujaNig/message/68654?l=1

http://www.nigeriansinamerica.com/articles/180/1/Mohammadu-Buhari-An-Inscrutable-Leader/Page1.html

just those 3. try googling Buhari and sharia law in Nigeria.

me thinks Buhari failed, alongside IBB when they declined to appear before the Oputa Reconciliatory Panel. it was a slap on the face of Nigerians, that they were accountable to us, these same people cannot turn around and claim to be democrats when it so pleases them. Moreover, 100 days into 1461 days in office is hardly a standard in rating performance.
Re: Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office A Waste –Buhari by UmarSanda: 7:49am On Sep 09, 2011
U guys r just basin ur arguments on sentiment,cn u provide any tangible evidence dat Buhari hv any connection wit bokn haram, n did boko haram startd durin GEJ admin,what abt d october firrt bombin by MEND,why did GEJ hurriedly sack Salami afta d later turn dwn their promotion?. Sentiment apart we need a president lyk Buhari. Its nt abt a southerner ruling,didnt OBJ rule?,y did pdp fault d zoning arrangement,n nw want Tanbuwal remve? Anwer me. 100 days wasted 4 nothing!
Re: Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office A Waste –Buhari by forkadict(m): 8:51am On Sep 09, 2011
This is to all anti GEJ nairalanders. I just want you all to undersatnd a few things about those GEJ supporters:

1) Many of them are not based in naija and so are not on ground to experience first hand, how great our suffering and frustrations are.

2) Many of them are still dependent on their parents or guardians and as such do not fully appreciate what it takes to fend for one's self under the current environment in naija. Let them wait until they graduate and roam the streets for 5 years plus without a job. Maybe, just maybe they will have the guts to ask GEJ what he is doing about the crazy unemployment rate. Right now, they are still in school either in naija or Uk so they dont really understand what it means to still be asking one's parents for money (after becoming a graduate) for one's upkeep when they should be the one remmitting money home regularly for their parent's upkeep. If they got any pride that is.

3) Many of them have not been direct victims of Boko Haram's attack so they don't fully understand what it takes to lose a part of one's body or a loved one in such attacks. Those attacks, funnily enough still prevail because we have a president that has got no guts to tackle the extremists head on just because he is scared that some influencial and powerful nigerians might take his attack on Boko haram as an attack on the north and he is bloooody scared of what the consequences might be.

4) Many of them are so corrupt so they dont see the need for naija to fully start the war on corruption NOW. They dont know that corruption permeates all i repeat ALL the facets of our lives. Is it power, health, roads, housing, education, security (na dis one dey pain me pass), agriculture, etc etc. They dont know that our lot as a nation can hardly be better when funds meant to effect many positive changes in all these spheres of our lives only find their ways into the pockets of a few thieves and rogues and the common man is left to bear the pain, misery, frustrations of haveing to survive under such extremely harsh, almost inhuman conditions.Meanwhile, naija is a very rich country. I think they depend on magic or goodluck for those issues to fix themselves.

Like some poster rightly said. Who will deliver Nigeria from Nigerians?
Re: Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office A Waste –Buhari by pinkrex(m): 8:57am On Sep 09, 2011
Its so painful when issues turn the table like this. Some people here on NL follow same direction on how the last post was posted.

I saw the very first page of this Thread being anti Buhari comments, but now the MEN are in, lashing others that inputed their genuine opinion,

The question is not if Jonathan's many months in office has been productive but its about Buhari's criticizing comments. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office A Waste –Buhari by slimghost(m): 9:55am On Sep 09, 2011
This man is beginning to irritate me. angry angry angry angry Why not join hands with him and make the country better? why not share ideas and proffer solutions? IDIOT!
Re: Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office A Waste –Buhari by forkadict(m): 9:58am On Sep 09, 2011
Skii:

For GEJ's hundred days in office, I still saw it on the front page of NL recently, GEJ asking ministers to submit their four year plans. Now I am wondering what exactly he wants to do with that? didnt he have plans for all the sectors before? or does he want to compare notes so that he can refine his plans?
I may be wrong but that sounds to me like someone second guessing his ambitions for the country he is tasked with leading

Nice observation guy. Like i earlier mentioned, many GEJ supporters on here do not fend for themselves.

Now, if you work in a sound, goal driven and focused company, ( i am not referring to the civil service please), there is something called Employee Performance appraisal. What happens is each employee's performance for the previous year is reviewed with respect to preset objectives by both the employee and his boss. Immediately after this, objectives are set for the next year.In doing this, objectives are set by the boss and such objectives are cascaded from the boss downwards to the least employee in the organisation. So for a boss that has vision for his company, his objectives will encompass goals for each arm of  his company. This is the best practise.

On the other hand, if we have a situation where the boss asks for objectives from his subordinates (which in is what obtains in Jonathan's case cited above), it only reveals that the boss (Jonathan) has no vision on how to lead the organisation. Simple.

I am not the president but if i were in Jonathan's shoes, simple plans for some ministers for the next year might be:

ENERGY: Improve power generation by 10%  by May 2012. Other simple objectives may also be set for the oil and gas sector

Health: Maternal and infant mortality rate should drop by 15% by May 2012. Malaria and HIV occurrence rates should drop by 15% by May 2012. One teaching hospital (perhaps the first teaching hospital in naija) should be upgraded to world class status by May 2012. Other objectives bordering on primary health care availability, fake and adulterated drugs, etc etc may also be set.

EDUCATION: Increase the retention rate of first class graduates from our universities in the academia by 25% by may 2012/13 by making the serving conditions more conducive.Ensure that at least one nigerian university makes the top 100 list of standard universities in africa/world as the case may be. Reduce disruptions to the academic calendar in all universities by 5% etc etc

AGRICULTURE: Drive mechanised farming down to the grassrooots. For how long are we going to continue farming with hoes and cutlasses? Ensure that fertilizers get to the hands of the rightful recipients and not into the hands of some corrupt LG officials. Provision of soft loans to farmers etc etc.

WORKS & HOUSING: Rehabilitation of the whole stretch of  the busiest 10 or 20 federal roads across the country. Provision of at least 1000 or 6000 or 8000 lowcost in all state capitals across the country etc etc

JUSTICE: Reduce the cases of detention with trial nationwide by 20% by May 2012. Ensure the full enforcement of and compliance with  court judgements. Increase the access to justice of the lowly and oppressed members of the society etc etc.

LABOUR AND PRODUCTIVITY: Ensure the full compliance of employers with existing labour laws. Prosecute erring companies no matter how big. Reduce the expartriate phenomenon by companies. etc etc.

FINANCE: reduce inflation rate by 2% within the year. recommend economic policies that will further strengthen the naira etc etc

WOMEN AFFAIRS: This is the juiciest of all ministries. The misniter is to ensure that a beauty paegent of nigerian ladies between the ages of 21 and 35 is organised monthly and the top 30 ladies shoulld be made available exclusively for the personal and emotional services of Mr President for the month after which they will be discharged with national honors and the next batch signed on.

Abeg, wetin hard for here?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Edo Governorship: INEC Rejects Sheriff’s List / Why Sanwo-olu Won’t Probe Ambode’s Government / 2023: Ladoja’s ZLP, APC Consider Merger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.