Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,074 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:24 AM

Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! (118697 Views)

The Solemnnity Of Christ The King, All Catholics Please Stand Up!!! / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (155) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Pamperme: 2:11pm On Sep 24, 2007
@ pilgrim.1, of course i understand your question but am just responding to the topic. I don't argue with people about what i believe in, if you are a muslim, atheists, pentecostal, episcopal etc, i deal with u equally and i will respect your belief. Am not just into the question and answer stuffs. Hope u understand. wink wink

Glory to Jesus

Honour to Mary cool cool cool
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 2:36pm On Sep 24, 2007
@Pemperme,

I can see you're not into question and answer stuff - Catholics have a funny way of been shy about their faith, probably because they've always had nothing to offer from the same Bible that they claim they 'wrote'.

Make una take style be careful with Mariolatry - repeating it endlessly does not make it right before God.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 2:39pm On Sep 24, 2007
@gozizi,

"If your brother offends you, go and show him his fault, just between the two of you. If he listens to you, you have won your brother over. But if he will not listen, take one or two others along, so that 'every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.' If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, treat him as you would a pagan or a tax collector" (Matthew 18:15-17).

@ Pilgrim, I bid you peace.

I bid you peace as well - and I hope you quite understand Christ's message in the text you've quoted above. cheesy
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 2:43pm On Sep 24, 2007
In the Hail Mary prayer, how many "Our Father" do you pray in comparison to "Hail Mary"?

How many titles have Catholics reserved for Christ and God in comparison to the over 6,000 titles that Catholics have copped out for Mary?

How do Catholics explain the fact that they have taken the divine titles of God and given them to Mary?

Answers please. . . will be much appreciated.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 3:10pm On Sep 24, 2007
Saint of the Day 24/9/07

St. Pacifico of San Severino (1653-1721)

Pacifico was born into a distinguished family in San Severino in the Marche of Ancona in central Italy. After joining the Friars Minor, he was ordained. He taught philosophy for two years and then began a successful preaching career.

Pacifico was an ascetic man. He fasted perpetually, eating no more than bread, soup or water. His "hair shirt" was made of iron. Poverty and obedience were two virtues for which his confreres especially remembered him.

At the age of 35, Pacifico contracted an illness that eventually left him deaf, blind and crippled. He offered his sufferings for the conversion of sinners, and he cured many of the sick who came to him. Pacifico also served as the superior of the friary in San Severino. He was canonized in 1839.

"Moreover, I advise and admonish the friars that in their preaching, their words should be examined and chaste. They should aim only at the advantage and spiritual good of their listeners, telling them briefly about vice and virtue, punishment and glory, because our Lord himself kept his words short on earth" (St. Francis, Rule of 1223, Ch. 9).
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by soldee: 3:50pm On Sep 24, 2007
Hail Mary,

Full of Grace, the Lord is with you,

Blessed are you among women,

And blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus

Holy Mary,

Mother of God,

Pray for us sinners,

Now, and at the hour of our death, Amen

Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 4:07pm On Sep 24, 2007
oh pilgrim, my dear dear pilgrim.1, it looks as if you did not read the link i provided to the Scott Hahn article, cos almost all the questions raised here were answered in it.

please have recourse to it and see if it''s not as i say.

Gloria Patris et Filio, et Spiritui Sactus, Sicut erat in principio et nunc et sempe et in saecula saeculoru, Amen.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 4:10pm On Sep 24, 2007
oby weldone and ask the saint to pray for me for a special intention i have please don't forget my brother.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by bluenubian(f): 4:16pm On Sep 24, 2007
Maria di aso, nne ke Chukwu,
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 4:33pm On Sep 24, 2007
@Carlosein,

How body?

I went to the link you provided; and if I'd seen answers to my questions, I would not have repreated them here. The question again? Could you please refer and let me know WHY Catholics have taken the divine titles of God and ascribed them to Mary?

Regards.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Pamperme: 4:38pm On Sep 24, 2007
@ pilgrim.1

Glory to Jesus

Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 4:43pm On Sep 24, 2007
oh pilgrim dear, no answers at all or no answer to this question?

Maria Mimo, Iya Olorun, gba adura fun wa, Amin.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 4:45pm On Sep 24, 2007
@Pamperme,

Make una take style be careful with Mariolatry - repeating it endlessly does not make it right before God. wink

I know that tradition is a most difficult thing for men to deal with. . . but if you have the heart to reason before God's WORD, examine your Mariolatry tradition carefully.

Cheers.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 4:47pm On Sep 24, 2007
@Carlosein,

Could you please post the 'answers' to the questions as to WHY Catholics have taken the titles of God and ascribed them to Mary?

Thank you.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Pamperme: 4:51pm On Sep 24, 2007
Glory to Jesus

Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 5:21pm On Sep 24, 2007
@Carlosein
yes i will. God is our strength
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 5:27pm On Sep 24, 2007
Remember a week today starts the October Devotion.
Try and pray the Rosary all through out the Month, the grace you receive cannot be estimated

I tried it in May devotion, and my mouth cannot not say it all, the grace that followed.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 5:37pm On Sep 24, 2007
Prayer to the Holy Spirit

Breathe in me, O Holy Spirit, that my thoughts may all be holy.
Act in me, O Holy Spirit, that my work, too, may be holy.
Draw my heart, O Holy Spirit, that I love but what is holy.
Strengthen me, O Holy Spirit, to defend all that is holy.
Guard me, then, O Holy Spirit, that I always may be holy.
Amen.

St. Augustine
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 5:40pm On Sep 24, 2007
Prayer in Honor of Mary's Courage

Mary,
you heard a voice.
You answered, "Yes,"
risking shame and disgrace,
ridicule and rejection.
Still, you said, "Yes."
Yes, to the promise
you received from God.
Yes, to the birth
of a firstborn son.
Let your trust be our inspiration,
your faith
be our guide,
your hope
our course for courage.
This we ask
in the name of the child
you bore,
the Savior of the world,
who came
through God's abiding love
and your spoken word.
Yes.
So be it.
Amen.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 5:53pm On Sep 24, 2007
you are my kind of man, thanks a million.

God rules the world but prayer rules God.

and the rosary, uhm after the mass no prayer is as efficacious.

i try not to miss mine daily.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 6:07pm On Sep 24, 2007
@Carlosein,

Hehehe. . bros, no vex O. na me again. grin I still dey wait for your posting of WHY Catholics take titles wey belong to God and give them to Mary.

Thank you plenty. . and God bless una wey don start to pray to God.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Pamperme: 7:04pm On Sep 24, 2007
Glory to Jesus

Honour to Mary cool cool
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Infidel: 1:55am On Sep 25, 2007
I can't believe this, after one week of absence, this pilgrim fellow is still dealing with you shitless catholics. I kind of like this pilgrim fellow  wink i love the way he picks catholics to pieces and you guys are so dumb not to be able to provide sensible answers, haaaa! I'll take a cue from him and deal with other want to be christians,  grin

You rock pilgrim, shut these catholic fuckers up grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Pamperme: 8:24am On Sep 25, 2007
Glory to Jesus

Honour to Mary cool cool
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by gozizi: 9:59am On Sep 25, 2007
"If your brother offends you, go and show him his fault, just between the two of you. If he listens to you, you have won your brother over. But if he will not listen, take one or two others along, so that 'every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.' If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, treat him as you would a pagan or a tax collector" (Matthew 18:15-17).

@ Pilgrim, and your appropriately named pal, @ Infidel I bid you peace.

@ Infidel, your name screams your choice of residence in the afterlife. May u receive God's salvation before its too late. Again, I bid u peace

Glory to Jesus, Honour to Mary  smiley
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 10:12am On Sep 25, 2007
Today's Saint 25/9/07

St. Elzear and Blessed Delphina (1286-1323) (1283-1358)

This is the only Franciscan couple to be canonized or beatified formally.

Elzear came from a noble family in southern France. After he married Delphina, she informed him that she had made a vow of perpetual virginity; that same night he did the same. For a time Elzear, Count of Ariano, was a counselor to Duke Charles of Calabria in southern Italy. Elzear ruled his own territories in the kingdom of Naples and in southern France with justice.

Elzear and Delphina joined the Secular Franciscans and dedicated themselves to the corporal works of mercy. Twelve poor people dined with them every day. A statue of Elzear shows him curing several people suffering from leprosy.

Their piety extended to the running of their household. Everyone there was expected to attend Mass daily, go to confession weekly and be ready to forgive injuries.

After Elzear’s death, Delphina continued her works of charity for 35 more years. She is especially remembered for raising the moral level of the king of Sicily’s court.

Elzear and Delphina are buried in Apt, France. He was canonized in 1369, and she was beatified in 1694.

St. Bonaventure wrote: "Francis sought occasion to love God in everything. He delighted in all the works of God's hands and from the vision of joy on earth his mind soared aloft to the life-giving source and cause of all. In everything beautiful, he saw him who is beauty itself, and he followed his Beloved everywhere by his likeness imprinted on creation; of all creation he made a ladder by which he might mount up and embrace Him who is all-desirable" (Legenda Major, IX, 1).
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 10:17am On Sep 25, 2007

Mary,
you heard a voice.
You answered, "Yes,"
ridicule and rejection.
Still, you said, "Yes."
Yes, to the promise
you received from God.
Yes, to the birth
of a firstborn son.
your faith
be our guide,
your hope
our course for courage.
This we ask
in the name of the child
you bore,
the Savior of the world,
who came
and your spoken word.
Yes.
So be it.
Amen.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by cgift(m): 11:12am On Sep 25, 2007
Infidel,

Just get off this thread and bury your head in the rain of prayer being said for you on another thread. grin

gozzi, ebos, and other catholics,

Hail!

One word of advice, please run for your dear lives; the docrtines of catholicism portrays blasphemy. Or how else can you describe a teaching which says that the church traditions is more important than the bible . Or that "you can lie, cheat, fornicate in as much as you do it in obedience to the instruction of your priests- that you will not be held liable? Your priests also teach that if a man wants to fornicate and is fuming to slay someone if he is not allowed to, he should go ahead to play the harlot in as much as the "lesser" sin would prevent a "mortal" or "more grievous" sin like murder? - This is a quote from the writings of Ligourri (sorry for the wrong spelling) who has since been canonised by the church!

The church authority by this acts, legalises sin, deception, and lewdness! Cant you open your eyes and think for yourselves. Whose doctrines are these if not demons. Just take a break and be neutral for once to do an objective study.

Little wonder why 8 out of every 10 catholics don't care how they live or talk because they "know" that if they do it, their confession to the priests "should" take away their sins. My heart bleeds heavily now.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 1:10pm On Sep 25, 2007
May God have mercy on you for all the lies that comes from you.
Remember to bear false accusation is a sin.
If you don't understand or don't want to understand anything from Catholics, i think is better to remain silent.

We have come to stay and i'm very sorry that there is nothing you can do about it.

Glory be to Jesus!!! Honour to our Mother Mary
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 1:16pm On Sep 25, 2007

Mary,
you heard a voice.
You answered, "Yes,"
ridicule and rejection.
Still, you said, "Yes."
Yes, to the promise
you received from God.
Yes, to the birth
of a firstborn son.
your faith
be our guide,
your hope
our course for courage.
This we ask
in the name of the child
you bore,
the Savior of the world,
who came
and your spoken word.
Yes.
So be it.
Amen.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by cgift(m): 2:28pm On Sep 25, 2007
Oby1:

May God have mercy on you for all the lies that comes from you.
Remember to bear false accusation is a sin.

That's the problem. Someone is making an exposition that your priest would never want you to know and you garner all emotional garbs and dock it sin. You even call it false accusation! You seem not to know that before you call something false, you would have investigated it and find it wanting. Which of these have you done? My laughs!

Oby1:
If you don't understand or don't want to understand anything from Catholics, i think is better to remain silent.

Nothing new. Im not surprised i thought you or any other catholic would tak the issues out and tear them apart with solid explanations. But i can now see that you are not well grounded in the faith you profess. You dont even know what Catholicsim is: you are only following the dictates of some priests without taking a sometime off to pause, think and reflect! You really are not exposed to anything are you? This might be because you are inside. You need to come out before you can have an objectiv view of things.

Oby1:
We have come to stay and i'm very sorry that there is nothing you can do about it.

No need to be sorry. I actually did not intend doing anything about it but only talk about it and expose some deep deception that ravages catholicism. God is doing something about it already 'cos he wont allow someone like you to go too deep only to find out you can't turn back. Go and ask a nun about one book in her hand she would not like you to see : The Secret Rules of the Convent.

Try ordering it from Vatican if they will not summon you to face a panel.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 4:22pm On Sep 25, 2007
oby how now

pls don't forget my special intention.

may God help us to be like today's Saints especially in charity.

Sancta Maria, Ora pro nobis, Amen.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (155) (Reply)

"Corpse Refused To Be Buried Takes Villagers To The House Of Its Killer". Photos / Female Pastor Dumps Church, Becomes A Stripper In US (Photos) / Anita Oyakhilome Remarries - Dawn-To-Dusk News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.